• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Golf is a weird game. I won 6&4 today. I shot an 83 that included 4 birdies and an 11.

Lol. How does one have an 11 in a matchplay game? Did the other guy hole out for a 10 and you had a putt for a half?

William H. Bonney

Lol. How does one have an 11 in a matchplay game? Did the other guy hole out for a 10 and you had a putt for a half?

It was a bounce game and I was keeping my score. Nearly had a hole in one too.

It was a bounce game and I was keeping my score. Nearly had a hole in one too.

Fair dos. Good quad of birdies though.

William H. Bonney

Fair dos. Good quad of birdies though.

3 in a row in the back 9. Next week I'll be back to my usual shitey self.

Tommy Brown

First post on this thread, play at Pumpherston, just up to 16 :facepalm:

Was 11 a couple of years ago.

Decided to start getting into opens again, played Dunbar and Carnwath so far.

Just heading to Muckhart, with Broomieknowe tomorrow.

NR on the first hole in the medal.

:jjyay:

:lol:

Offfft, :lol:

I shot 79 round spey Valley, out in +1 and back in +6, pissed away shots towards the end, all bogeys. Had 4 three putts today too.

If the css is the usual 78 I should get cut a couple, hopefully.

Played with a guy from Edinburgh who hit the 641 yard par 5 in two, then 3 putted from 15 feet. Ouch!

William H. Bonney

I shot 79 round spey Valley, out in +1 and back in +6, pissed away shots towards the end, all bogeys. Had 4 three putts today too.

Played with a guy from Edinburgh who hit the 641 yard par 5 in two, then 3 putted from 15 feet. Ouch!

1. Css of 78???

2. Was your partner bubba Watson?

Impressive.

His putting sounds just like mine.

1. Css of 78???

2. Was your partner bubba Watson?

Yip, 78 has been the css for the previous 2 opens I've played, I'd imagine today will be no different, it's a miss a fairway and reload course for the most part.

Ray, the guy who smashed it on in two played off 12! He hit some ball.

Samuel Camazzola

Easy par for him. What was he off? Short game is always the key to being a very good player.

Was the course in good nick?

Any for sale signs sighted at the houses which surround the course? :D

Easy par for him. What was he off? Short game is always the key to being a very good player.

Was the course in good nick?

Any for sale signs sighted at the houses which surround the course? :D

It was in mint condition, best I've seen it in,they've made a few changes like making a few bunkers smaller and filled them with new sand, ( some were very poor when I played it 2 years ago). He played off 12 Sammy. :lol: Edited by Irufushi

William H. Bonney

Yip, 78 has been the css for the previous 2 opens I've played, I'd imagine today will be no different, it's a miss a fairway and reload course for the most part.

Ray, the guy who smashed it on in two played off 12! He hit some ball.

He must have had his weetabix, or a shit load of cocaine.

Managed to finish second on scratch. Css on 77. GUTTED.

A 73 won less 4, some score, he'll knock point 8 off his handicap for that :lol:

Sounds like a hell of a difficult course. A Cat1 grossing a 73 and getting a -0.8. Jeez.

A must play course. Views are incredible. Great layout. 2 man scramble at the end of August in case anyone has no plans, well worth the trip.

The back 9 off the whites looks hard by the card. Shortest par4 418yrds. Both par3s 200 ish.

Edited by Victorian

The back 9 off the whites looks hard by the card. Shortest par4 418yrds. Both par3s 200 ish.

Aye. I had a bad run, couldn't stop the run of bogeys. 37 out, 42 in.

Aye. I had a bad run, couldn't stop the run of bogeys. 37 out, 42 in.

I suppose relentlessly long courses can do that. The up & downs can dry up and the 3 yaks can sneak in.

Samuel Camazzola

I played off the back tees the last time I was up there. Par 3 16th went from hitting 7/8 iron off the yellow tees to a full 3 iron off the black.

I played off the back tees the last time I was up there. Par 3 16th went from hitting 7/8 iron off the yellow tees to a full 3 iron off the black.

Was 198 today, slightly downwind and across. Pin front left, a lot easier.

78 round mortonhall.

Fastest greens I've played on in this country, get on the wrong side of the green with a gust of wind and you where degreening them.

-2 after 6 holes too

A triple and 2 doubles tend to destroy scorecards though.

Still, the alternative was going to tynecastle so it's not all doom and gloom.

Glen tomorrow

Samuel Camazzola

Balbirnie Park Open this morning. Struggled off the tee and put myself into too much bother to score. A triple and two double bogies on front nine done some early damage to the card.

A steadier back nine resulted in a 34 pointer. Definitely a few points left out there. Another round closer to getting rid of that early season 24 points. :)

Drained a 10 footer at the last for a birdie to claw into the buffer.

:kirklol:

Some scrambling was going on to mitigate for some idiocy. Two short putts darted straight left and sling shotted out but my other holing out was solid. 3 double bogeys are a triple headed ***** on my card but it all ended in a 78-7=71.

34 points that will be.

+5 I think round the glen today. I'd imagine the course doesn't play much easier with nearly no wind. Making bogeys from less than 130 yard approach shots isn't good enough. A very enjoyable morning still

11 birdies in two rounds with a combined total of +11.

Time for a week off golf I reckon

hmfc_liam06

Played Ballumbie Castle up in Dundee on Saturday. 

Ok course, some tricky holes with some huge elevations, really nice clubhouse.

They have their own 'Amen Corner' at 10/11/12. First is a par 4, big dogleg right with 2 burns cutting across at the corner then a big pond in front of the green. Laid up to the corner with an easy hybrid then hit an 8 iron flush on the flag...only for my ball to skelp a staked sign at the front of the green (who puts a sign at the front of the green?!) and propel off at 45 degrees straight into the pond. Raging!

Edited by hmfc_liam06

hmfc_liam06

Hi Liam. Did you capture my 36 from a week past Sunday? I thought I had 10 rounds recorded but may be wrong...

I'm sure I did, I think I put it on at the same time I put mine on.

hmfc_liam06

Booked in for the open at Elgin on Sunday, looking forward to it, lovely course.

You're surrounded by loads of lovely courses up that way!

hmfc_liam06

Liberton Open this Sunday for me. ?12.

Loads of spaces left too.

What like Sten? I'm on the lookout for somewhere for Sunday, was thinking of going to King James in Perth.

Might get a late entry if the weather is going to be good.

What like Sten? I'm on the lookout for somewhere for Sunday, was thinking of going to King James in Perth.

Will be my first time. But the guys I'm playing with both said it's a cracking wee track.

Apparently short and you don't really need a driver. Can be booked online which I always like for an Open.

8:37 I'm off at. Looks dry and sunny in the morning. Fingers crossed anyway. :lol:

Edited by Sten Guns

hmfc_liam06

Will be my first time. But the guys I'm playing with both said it's a cracking wee track.

Apparently short and you don't really need a driver.

Sounds right up my street then :lol:

Time you off?

hmfc_liam06

Edited post above!

Nice one, bunch of free tees between 9.30 and 10 so I'll try get them if my mate is up for it. 

Samuel Camazzola

?12 is a cracking price. I don't think you can get signed on as a guest at that rate.

Driver can be avoided although the 14th was extended by about 80 yards a few years back. The competition tee is beside the 11th tee now.

3rd was extended by about 50 yards a while back but an iron off the tee should avoid bringing fairway bunker into play.

It's a par 67 but CSS will likely drop to 65.

hmfc_liam06

?12 is a cracking price. I don't think you can get signed on as a guest at that rate.

Driver can be avoided although the 14th was extended by about 80 yards a few years back. The competition tee is beside the 11th tee now.

3rd was extended by about 50 yards a while back but an iron off the tee should avoid bringing fairway bunker into play.

It's a par 67 but CSS will likely drop to 65.

I had a quick look at some of their recent comps and it seems CSS seems to flirt between 66 and 67.

Hopefully there is an away CSS :lol:

36 points for me in the medal today -  

Out in 32 with 4 birdies and 2 three putts (one from 10 foot)

Back in 43.. lost ball - couple of bunkers, three more 3 putts.. Had a disaster - Looks like I will still be cut though as the CSS will be either 73 or 74

Playing at 8:15 at liberton. Was between there and west Linton but the online booking at liberton wins.

Looking forward to playing it in less than 40mph winds. Spoiled the day last year

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread