Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Samuel Camazzola

this sky coverage of the practice round tonight is truly toe curling,cringe warp factor 9 stuff

no doubt a lot of stuff is interesting on the whole but **** me when it comes to it,the likes of david livingstone and co are a bunch of utter welts

I have the opposite opinion and think it's great. I also think the presenters and pundits are really good. Nick Dougherty has taken to the presenting game well.

Jon Rahm's bunker exhibition at the start of the week was class. Splashing out with a 4 iron!

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jon Rahm's bunker exhibition at the start of the week was class. Splashing out with a 4 iron!

That was outstanding, a lot of hours invested messing about on a driving range perfecting that shot

John mcCartney

I have the opposite opinion and think it's great. I also think the presenters and pundits are really good. Nick Dougherty has taken to the presenting game well.

nick dougherty was sittin there earlier checking livingstone out,totally agree and have thought for a longtime that dougherty is pretty much the main man on sky anchoring now and dovetails well with robert lee who i also like.the key is keeping it all fresh and not coming out with cynical,banal comments......livingstone,murray are dinosaurs

its the comments that do my head in,altho totally understand live presenting is hard to do .....i cringe pretty easily i suppose

Samuel Camazzola

That was outstanding, a lot of hours invested messing about on a driving range perfecting that shot

He got the 4 irons closer than the wedges.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think Sky do a good job with the golf. People from 5 to 90 play the game and Sky have something for all ages.

Noren Fleetwood and Rahm against the field for me

0.1 cut (for a nett 74???) on sunday.

Handicap is sitting at 0.7, hopeful my seasons goal will be complete on the next couple weeks!

Superb mate. You been off Scratch or better before?

Superb mate. You been off Scratch or better before?

Nope, lowest ive been.

Originally hoped for just a short time off scratch, just to say I've been there.

But now I want try adding shots onto my score, even just for a week :rolleyes5:

this sky coverage of the practice round tonight is truly toe curling,cringe warp factor 9 stuff

no doubt a lot of stuff is interesting on the whole but **** me when it comes to it,the likes of david livingstone and co are a bunch of utter welts

I agree, Sky have taken the Major coverage to another level, the shot tracking and stats are amazing!  Last year at Troon the practice area had all their stats on a massive screen so you knew who was hitting what.  The coverage this morning is already amazing.

**** sake man, I love golf more than ever these days!!!!!

76 less 5 .. 36 points tonight for the league. Had 4 bogies in a row on the back nine to ruin a good round.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I agree, Sky have taken the Major coverage to another level, the shot tracking and stats are amazing! Last year at Troon the practice area had all their stats on a massive screen so you knew who was hitting what. The coverage this morning is already amazing.

**** sake man, I love golf more than ever these days!!!!!

Add one. Totally agree

hmfc_liam06

39 points for the league.

Started triple/double but pulled it back to finish the front 9 +7.

Should be a 0.6 cut!

Samuel Camazzola

Cut to 4 for the first time ever! .. sweet

Good scoring to get down to 4 at Gullane.

I heard on the golf commentary today that a guy who's now turned pro was off +7 in his amateur days. Frightening!

Samuel Camazzola

First competitive round in a while today. The heavens opened on 13 but soldiered on.

36 points. Ball striking was decent but didn't sink anything until 18. Quite content with the score although a couple of shots left out there.

Will see if the weather impacts the CSS as I might get a cut out of the efforts.

hmfc_liam06

35 points for me today, similar to Sammy above, it battered down during the round making for some tough conditions.

Was 34 after 16 and decided to go for it to try get another cut, ****ed it :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Murcar... What a golf course.

Stupidly tight in places and a bit breezy but loved it.

75-1 with a treble bogey

Blind shots and undulating you have played well.

hmfc_liam06

Murcar... What a golf course.

Stupidly tight in places and a bit breezy but loved it.

75-1 with a treble bogey

Going up to their scramble at the end of September. ?100 for the team of 4. 

Its standard green fee is ?130!

Blind shots and undulating you have played well.

Yup, came off the course feeling I'd played well. The triple was on the par 4, maybe 12 or 13 where you iron it to the top of the hill and hit a blind shot into the green. Thought I hit it on the correct line and never seen that ball again. A bit gutted about it to be honest.

Going up to their scramble at the end of September. ?100 for the team of 4.

Its standard green fee is ?130!

Fantastic value, was only ?25 today too. The clubhouse and practice facilities are excellent aswell. You'll enjoy I'm sure

hmfc_liam06

Fantastic value, was only ?25 today too. The clubhouse and practice facilities are excellent aswell. You'll enjoy I'm sure

I'm just watching the drone footage of the course, looks ****ing solid!

Lot of big carries?

A couple decent carries. Have a look at the 8th if you can. The fairway is about 10 yards wide haha

Edited by StSow

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Couple of lads at work are members. Apparently they rejected the matchplay coming back. Its tough anyway but was becoming a chore for the members.

Out of my league. Spectating only. Part of an epic stretch of coast though

hmfc_liam06

A couple decent carries. Have a look at the 8th if you can. The fairway is about 10 yards wide haha

I think competing will be out the window but great chance to play a stunning course for peanuts!

I've got my old peripheral weighted irons out the loft and ready to go in the bag. I like my Mizuno blades but I'm not completely wired into them. I think I got more distance with my other irons as well.

I'll use these for the rest of the season then take my time to find out what's next.

Anyone else guilty of a strong grip?

My right hand is usually a little too far under the club, but I make it functional. 9 times out of 10 it's not an issue. In fact more than that. But you get my point.

Sadly though the tendency is to hit snap hooks every so often and when it comes along it's so depressing. :lol:

I've tried changing but it's so alien and like I said majority of time not an issue anyway.

Edited by Sten Guns

Samuel Camazzola

My right hand is usually a little too far under the club, but I make it functional. 9 times out of 10 it's not an issue. In fact more than that. But you get my point.

Sadly though the tendency is to hit snap hooks every so often and when it comes along it's so depressing. :lol:

I've tried changing but it's so alien and like I said majority of time not an issue anyway.

If you are content on keeping the grip that's comfortable to you, try opening your stance a little to point to the left. At address, position the ball a little between centre of the club face and the hozel. See how you get on with that little adjustment.

hmfc_liam06

My grip was outrageously strong up until last year, it's still strong now but nowhere near as bad. Very rare that I'll hook it now but the grip adjustment led to more slices and at worst a bad dose of the Tom Hanks...

I usually address the ball slightly off centre towards the toe which eradicated my shank completely.

luckyBatistuta

Just heading off to Cardrona...2 rounds of golf and bed and breakfast for ?59. Anyone know what the course is like, never played it.

Just heading off to Cardrona...2 rounds of golf and bed and breakfast for ?59. Anyone know what the course is like, never played it.

A fairly new resort course. Some nice holes, very decent at that price anyway!

I found it pretty long and dull tbh.

Although it may have just seemed long due to playing into 20mph winds head on for much of the course.

Samuel Camazzola

That's a cracking deal. Sometimes you can get rounds for ?15 but with a B&B thrown in, that's great.

If the wind is in your face on the 1st, it can be long but it's a par 5.

Some of the walks between the tees are lengthy but that seems to be a MacDonald Hotels trend. Ha ha.

The finishing stretch of holes are enjoyable too.

Hopefully the recent rain hasn't saturated the place as the land was known to have drainage issues.

Samuel Camazzola

I'm on weather watch before deciding on whether to play the Spey Valley open this Sunday. :lol:

What are they charging for the Open? The course looked in good nick when Sky did the coverage of the SSE Hydro Challenge a few weeks back.

I'm due to play it again in the coming months.

What are they charging for the Open? The course looked in good nick when Sky did the coverage of the SSE Hydro Challenge a few weeks back.

I'm due to play it again in the coming months.

It's ?30, I have to say, it looked the best I've seen it as well.

luckyBatistuta

Thanks for all the replies folks, just arrived and hit the bar already :lol:

That's a long old first hole for someone that's used to Liberton

Samuel Camazzola

Thanks for all the replies folks, just arrived and hit the bar already :lol:

That's a long old first hole for someone that's used to Liberton

How was it?

I'm on weather watch before deciding on whether to play the Spey Valley open this Sunday. :lol:

I would keep an eye out for the weather on Saturday May be more relevant

I would keep an eye out for the weather on Saturday May be more relevant

:rofl: well spotted, mate. was positive it was Sunday!

luckyBatistuta

How was it?

Brilliant bud, thanks. Thought the course was great, really liked it. Didn't have a great round but we were 3 dormie and pulled it off, so happy with that. Sank a great putt on the 17th to take it to the last. We're just back from the County Inn and I'm half cut, so tomorrow's round should be interesting. We went for an Indian at the Prince of India, can highly recommend it guys, the food was tremendous.

Samuel Camazzola

Brilliant bud, thanks. Thought the course was great, really liked it. Didn't have a great round but we were 3 dormie and pulled it off, so happy with that. Sank a great putt on the 17th to take it to the last. We're just back from the County Inn and I'm half cut, so tomorrow's round should be interesting. We went for an Indian at the Prince of India, can highly recommend it guys, the food was tremendous.

Good to hear.

I've been recommended Bony's at Glentress but never got around to it. Been to Mercat View in Peebles which was good. Will need to try the Indian.

Some nice houses surround the latter half of the course. Imagine they cost if ? or two.

Mortonhall and glen opens this weekend. Hoping for decent weather.

?100 voucher for 2nd scratch at murcar.

Edited by StSow

Cardrona on Saturday morning, not played it for YEARS, always liked it, couple of dodgy holes over the river then the come back over and all's great again.  Looking forward too it.

hmfc_liam06

Cardrona on Saturday morning, not played it for YEARS, always liked it, couple of dodgy holes over the river then the come back over and all's great again.  Looking forward too it.

Ballumbie Castle in Dundee for me this Sat, another course ticked off the list.

Mortonhall and glen opens this weekend. Hoping for decent weather.

?100 voucher for 2nd scratch at murcar.

I play at the Glen. Course is in great nick at the moment, sure you will enjoy it if its not too windy.!!!

I play at the Glen. Course is in great nick at the moment, sure you will enjoy it if its not too windy.!!!

Excellent cheers!

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread