Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Really enjoyed Longhirst this morning. The course played 7100 yards from the very back pegs used by the Europro tour the past week.

Horrendous start, +5 through 4 holes.

-2 for the next 14.

34 pts

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmfc_liam06

One of the small tours use it regularly. If we ever meet i can tell a story about the gaming machine in the bar :)

Haha, I remember playing the machine at my local club when I was a nipper, it was obviously broken, every time I stuck a quid in I'd drop it :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Haha, I remember playing the machine at my local club when I was a nipper, it was obviously broken, every time I stuck a quid in I'd drop it :lol:

Playing Peterculter on Monday. Royal Deesides neighbour at a fraction of the cash. Always lush. Final test before the works Open on Friday unfortunately at Kemnay. Nice but pesky trees everywhere. If the wind blows im dead

Played 18 at Ullapool today, didn't keep track of my score, did have a 2 on the 11th though :lol: forgot the rest, 2 day open entered for Ullapool next month. Really looking forward to it.

hmfc_liam06

Some shooting StSow!

34 points for me today. Playing pretty well but having 2 or 3 absolute stinking holes per round. Killing my chances!

Samuel Camazzola

Played a round at Dalmahoy thus weekend. First time I've played there in years but I was a bit underwhelmed.

A lot if the tee boxes are uneven an a bit rutted. The greens were a bit on the slow side too but possibly may have been down to them not being cut at the weekend.

A couple of nice holes but none that really stood out.

I got a cheap deal but wouldn't pay full rates for it.

2 weekend comps. Played utter yadders in the front 9. Very well on the back. A complex is forming. 33 points and 33 again.

hmfc_liam06

Played a round at Dalmahoy thus weekend. First time I've played there in years but I was a bit underwhelmed.

A lot if the tee boxes are uneven an a bit rutted. The greens were a bit on the slow side too but possibly may have been down to them not being cut at the weekend.

A couple of nice holes but none that really stood out.

I got a cheap deal but wouldn't pay full rates for it.

Doesn't sound too great, the rates for fairly bog standard courses in Edinburgh is incredible.

I'm off to Ballumbie Castle in a couple weeks, looks a decent challenge!

Samuel Camazzola

Doesn't sound too great, the rates for fairly bog standard courses in Edinburgh is incredible.

I'm off to Ballumbie Castle in a couple weeks, looks a decent challenge!

I'm sure Itison had a decent deal for there recently. Looks a good course. I've still to take advantage of the Scottish Golf offers as their webpage has some really good deals for members.

Armageddon

Club Championship 3rd round 75 = 41 stableford points. Dougie bogey 7 in there, steady for the rest, putter was working very well. Bunker shot from 110 yards and holed the putt being a highlight.

Here's my card

EDIT - not sure why it says I hit a 3hy on 9, hit a 6 both times!

post-737-0-58038900-1499637629_thumb.png

Edited by Armageddon

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Drumoig next Monday - a few spaces if any one fancies joining in.

I'm still getting over my last trip there.....10 years and counting!!! Liam will give you an updated account. You will enjoy it though.

Hopeman, and onto Borough Briggs next Tuesday for me, the perfect day

hmfc_liam06

I'm still getting over my last trip there.....10 years and counting!!! Liam will give you an updated account. You will enjoy it though.

Course was in superb condition, best greens I've played on this year. That water section can go **** itself though :lol:

I enjoyed Hopeman, not the best course in the world but good challenge, especially the back 9. The par 3 (12th I think) is superb and the closing hole is good, cracking 2nd shot into the green.

Should be going to Moray instead, sir Gio.

To be fair, the green fee for the Old Course is ?100!

Aye, I wouldn't pay that tbf. Although I had a quick look and you can get a hot deal on their site for 40 quid. (18th July) 08:30 tee time though. Cracking deal.

That's why I play comps at these places 22 pound for Moray, bargain.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

60 bangers for Moray my companion wasn't keen. One day though. 12th at Hopeman looks worth the reasonable 15 quid. For a Tuesday its good. I fancy Leven en route to Tynie one day. Links golf is my preference

hmfc_liam06

60 bangers for Moray my companion wasn't keen. One day though. 12th at Hopeman looks worth the reasonable 15 quid. For a Tuesday its good. I fancy Leven en route to Tynie one day. Links golf is my preference

Leven is good but Lundin is far better.

Samuel Camazzola

Special mention to Kirsty Gallacher at the Hero Challenge at Dundonald Links this evening. Wow!

Special mention to Kirsty Gallacher at the Hero Challenge at Dundonald Links this evening. Wow!

Ooooft, something else :wow:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I felt dirty. Daughter of a Hobo but yes it did add something to the show. Pity they didn't put Tess Daly on instead of the gipe she married.

Amateurs played some lovely shots

Samuel Camazzola

I felt dirty. Daughter of a Hobo but yes it did add something to the show. Pity they didn't put Tess Daly on instead of the gipe she married.

Amateurs played some lovely shots

Aye, all of them except Jimmy Nesbitt but Kuchar's was worse than his. Naga looked hot in her golf gear.

First medal with the new driver, managed 40 points, drove the ball well, but left a lot of shots out there, what could of been. But at least it's an improvement and a move in the right direction

Quite a consistent pattern of decline as the weeks wear on. :lol:

He's listing them from highest first!

Please add 35 points for me at Dunbar yesterday.  80 less 9, 19 points out and 16 back.  LOVED the course!

Edited by Armageddon

Played a medal last night. 75 scratch. 3 putted the last 3 greens .. stupid brain got in the way.

37 points please...

(Back on top?)

Have another medal on Friday..

Edited by Bigsmak

Only my 4th home comp coming up on Saturday. Hopefully improve on the 31 pointers! Although yesterday's nine holes were awful...

He's listing them from highest first!

Please add 35 points for me at Dunbar yesterday.  80 less 9, 19 points out and 16 back.  LOVED the course!

Ah that makes sense. Thought the high winds and pissing rain had been getting to everyone. :lol:

hmfc_liam06

Ah that makes sense. Thought the high winds and pissing rain had been getting to everyone. :lol:

Haha no it sorts from highest to lowest!

Woo hoo. Won my quarter final club champions tie today. Played the back 9 in 3 under. Looking forward to my medal tomorrow..

hmfc_liam06

Another round and another shocking 4 hole spell kills my round.

Out in 19 points, score 4 through 10/11 and then go 0/0/0/1!

Ended with 31 points.

:seething:

Woo hoo. Won my quarter final club champions tie today. Played the back 9 in 3 under. Looking forward to my medal tomorrow..

Nice shooting, keep it going.

hmfc_liam06

Anyone played this Scottish open course, have to say, visually it looks average. Bit bland.

Not played it but heard very mixed reviews.

Good reviews tend to be from condition. Bad reviews on the blandness as you say.

Anyone played this Scottish open course, have to say, visually it looks average. Bit bland.

Twice this year, can only remember one hole and it was a slight dogleg right, decent hole but I remember it because the divots were unbelievable, worst section of divoted fairway I've ever seen in my life!!

The entrance road and clubhouse are shocking, it's just portacabins like Archerfield was pre-clubhouse.  Give me Barassie or Dunbar any day of the week.

Played it a few years ago in the international pairs, it looks better now than it did when i played it. I can only really remember the hole along the railway track with the burn running through it.

I wont say I'll never be back, but there's a fair few courses ahead of it.

Medal this afternoon. Double bogey on 17 and lost a ball on 11. 76 scratch, net 71.

36 points.

Back on top?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Scottish Open is going to rotate round the nation.

To be fair West Coast if it is to be a Links Championship, the better courses are already on the Open rotation.

Everyone is getting a turn which is good

hmfc_liam06

The Scottish Open is going to rotate round the nation.

To be fair West Coast if it is to be a Links Championship, the better courses are already on the Open rotation.

Everyone is getting a turn which is good

I like the fact it's going to different courses. 

The comments from Mickelson and Stenson about 'having to learn a new course' and that it's 'too much work'. Well **** me, imagine having to do your (hugely well paid) job eh!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I like the fact it's going to different courses.

The comments from Mickelson and Stenson about 'having to learn a new course' and that it's 'too much work'. Well **** me, imagine having to do your (hugely well paid) job eh!

Just listened to Coltart a moment ago speaking of how the guys are used to having things their own way.

This is proper golf. Interesting day to learn it in proper conditions

hmfc_liam06

Just listened to Coltart a moment ago speaking of how the guys are used to having things their own way.

This is proper golf. Interesting day to learn it in proper conditions

Exactly. Surely going to new courses keeps it fresh? Playing the same courses yer in year out gets stale. That goes for all tournaments with the exception of the Masters.

Just lazy from Mickelson. At least Stenson turned up.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread