Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

michael_bolton
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In 50 years of buying Hearts tickets they have still to come up with a process that everyone agrees is totally fair.  There may be a reason for that. 😄

I think few would dispute that using LPs strictly is "fair". The issue is where we draw the line between fairness and convenience.

I think people with 0 LPs being able to buy in the first stage is on the wrong side of that line.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

I think few would dispute that using LPs strictly is "fair". The issue is where we draw the line between fairness and convenience.

I think people with 0 LPs being able to buy in the first stage is on the wrong side of that line.

They aren't able to buy.  Someone with more than 20 points has to buy it for them.  Buying tickets for 'others' was very common in the 90s and naughtys at cup finials iirc. 

Anyway, interesting to see how this pans out, in terms of sales progress. 

michael_bolton
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They aren't able to buy.  Someone with more than 20 points has to buy it for them.  Buying tickets for 'others' was very common in the 90s and naughtys at cup finials iirc. 

Anyway, interesting to see how this pans out, in terms of sales progress. 

Of course they're able to buy. They pay money and get a ticket.

Needing a 20+ pointer to actually access it doesn't change the fact that someone with potentially no buying history with the club having access to the first stage is not "fair" under any reasonable understanding of the word, especially since someone on 19 points without the right friends has no access.

It's convenient, yes.

Edited by michael_bolton

RedStarRiot

In the “waiting room” now. 

Apparently a random place in the queue will be allocated once it’s 11am

RedStarRiot
5 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Of course they're able to buy. They pay money and get a ticket.

Needing a 20+ pointer to actually access it doesn't change the fact that someone with potentially no buying history with the club having access to the first stage is not "fair" under any reasonable understanding of the word.

It's convenient, yes.

Some folk can’t commit to season tickets to get enough points and potentially others have been to all the other cup games. 

Cup games aren’t included in season ticket packages so tbh they should just make it open to all in my opinion. 

I fortunately have enough points from a season ticket but I don’t feel I deserve it more than others. 

Taking a mate with 0 LPs FYI. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

dannymack

Everyone who wants a ticket for this game will get one, don't worry about that, everyone who wants a ticket for the final will not get one. 

Glorious Hearts, Attendance FC ♥️ 

michael_bolton
1 minute ago, RedStarRiot said:

Some folk can’t commit to season tickets to get enough points and potentially others have been to all the other cup games. 

Cup games aren’t included in season ticket packages so tbh they should just make it open to all in my opinion. 

I fortunately have enough points from a season ticket but I don’t feel I deserve it more than others. 

That's fair enough. But we have a situation that is open to people with absolutely 0 points, no buying history, and possibly no real interest in the club or the game being able to get tickets in the same stage as our most regular attenders, and before some people who go when they can.

You can call it convenient, but you absolutely cannot call it fair.

5 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

In the “waiting room” now. 

Apparently a random place in the queue will be allocated once it’s 11am

I got it at around 1020. I'm not happy that you might get ahead of me in the queue if you've just joined /s 🤣

FarmerTweedy
54 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Nobody knows.

Hearts are basically saying someone with absolutely no buying history but a mate with 20+ points is ahead of you in the queue. If you know anyone in that category who is likely to have a spare, I'd get texting round now to ask around.

Some people are very pleased about this. I think that shows an insecurity about being seen to sell the tickets quickly rather than looking after our supporters.

I understand the rationale for it. Hearts have commited to a spend on this and want to get as much of that back as they can, but this is a very high-risk approach that could quite easily see regular attenders miss out while day-trippers get a ticket. Loyalty system out the window. Again.

I think the bit in bold is a lot of nonsense, tbh.  People are pleased about it because lots of folk who have plenty of loyalty points usually want to go to games like this with other fans that don't have enough points for the initial sale period, and they then have a difficult choice of whether to buy some tickets in the first phase and then the others in a later phase, meaning they can't all sit together (which can be a big issue if some will be kids, elderly, or folk with mobility issues, etc) or leave it till they can all get tickets together, and possibly be left with only the less desirable seats available.  These people will generally now be able to buy tickets and plan their day, travel, etc, without problems. The fact it's likely to increase the likelihood of us selling out is probably only a minor bonus to most people. 

RedStarRiot
1 minute ago, michael_bolton said:

That's fair enough. But we have a situation that is open to people with absolutely 0 points, no buying history, and possibly no real interest in the club or the game being able to get tickets in the same stage as our most regular attenders, and before some people who go when they can.

You can call it convenient, but you absolutely cannot call it fair.

Perhaps they drop the requirement to 5 LPs to remove the issue or buying history and ensure they’ve actually been to a game previously 

RedStarRiot
1 minute ago, Fejka said:

I got it at around 1020. I'm not happy that you might get ahead of me in the queue if you've just joined /s 🤣

Haha well it’s designed to stop folk from joining at silly times! Post your place when you get in and let’s see! 😂

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I think the bit in bold is a lot of nonsense, tbh.  People are pleased about it because lots of folk who have plenty of loyalty points usually want to go to games like this with other fans that don't have enough points for the initial sale period, and they then have a difficult choice of whether to buy some tickets in the first phase and then the others in a later phase, meaning they can't all sit together (which can be a big issue if some will be kids, elderly, or folk with mobility issues, etc) or leave it till they can all get tickets together, and possibly be left with only the less desirable seats available.  These people will generally now be able to buy tickets and plan their day, travel, etc, without problems. The fact it's likely to increase the likelihood of us selling out is probably only a minor bonus to most people. 

That's a very accurate post.

FarmerTweedy
18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

That ☝️ has whooshed over my head ...

... but ...

... thoughts with Dougray?

Screenshot_20240326_155119_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_155125_Google.jpg

It whooshed over my head too, until I realised it referred to the jkb Michael Bolton, not the singer! 😃

joondalupjambo

How many LP's do you need to get into the waiting room and can you bring a friend? 🙂

basscom
3 minutes ago, Fejka said:

Been on since 8am, just refreshed and now in queue. Can I jump to front? ☺

been here before
4 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Everyone who wants a ticket for this game will get one, don't worry about that, everyone who wants a ticket for the final will not get one. 

:Robbie:

michael_bolton
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Like I said. It's where you draw the line with fairness and convenience. I think the above could have been reasonably achieved with a LP limit of ten, for example. That would mean everyone who watches the team anything like regularly would be able to buy together and sit together.

Opening that up to people who potentially never watch Hearts is needless and wrong.

Just now, RedStarRiot said:

Haha well it’s designed to stop folk from joining at silly times! Post your place when you get in and let’s see! 😂

Haha, I'm jesting of course but will post it when it comes up. I'm interested too. 

I'm quite happy with the way its being done. For transparency there are 4 ST holders in our group and we're utilising one to get a ticket for the Mrs. Thats my decision as I had actually said the club deserves to be repaid for the risk they're taking on footing the bill. Everyone that wants a ticket will still get one. If it was up to me I'd be getting the other 3 tickets snapped up too. Closer we can get to a sell out the better. And maybe get another fan hooked in our circle. Who knows. 

neilnunb

Queue time...

Urgh...1251 people in front. 😁

Edited by neilnunb

Just now, RedStarRiot said:

Oh, it doesn’t tell you your queue number?

Haha just seen that. Should refresh. I did get thinking about you saying about people not joining at silly times... is that not the point of a queue haha

been here before

352 infront of me.

Looks like everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

been here before

2 tickets D1 North stand.

Nae bother, nae problems.

Sooperstar
Just now, Boyces beard said:

looks like they are selling in sections

All or most sections looked to be available to me. 

6 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Update, 62 folk ahead of me

I ended up getting straight in, no queue number but the session timed out. I panicked. Went back to the ticket page and it put me back to where I was, 

Thought Police

So many seats unavailable when I select them.

scottg71
29 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

They aren’t though. You need 20 to buy 2

FarmerTweedy
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In 50 years of buying Hearts tickets they have still to come up with a process that everyone agrees is totally fair.  There may be a reason for that. 😄

The reason would be that there's no such thing!  Fairness is purely a matter of opinion.

Of course, there's also the additional fact that some folk just love to moan, particularly about Hearts, and will never pass up an opportunity to criticise the club, regardless of what it does! 

neilnunb
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

2 tickets D1 North stand.

Nae bother, nae problems.

You're brave. A bit too close to the Rangers fans for my liking. 😁

Went for D4 myself.

ColinSmith1255

South stand upper not currently available to purchase on ticket master. I think these are our best seats. Annoying 

FarmerTweedy
21 minutes ago, dannymack said:

If true, that would be absolutely shocking. 

Kind regards, Captain Pedantic 😉

3 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

Anyone know why behind the goals aren’t open yet?

Looks like they're selling 40 quid tickets first. 

Ford Prentice
1 minute ago, Devorgilla said:

Nothing available in H yet!

They save the best for last. Annoys me every time. I vow to leave it until later next time then panic buy and leave the best seats for Johnny come latelys.