Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Beave1874
4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Possibly a foolish question, but if there are 21k seats sold to both fanbases but Hampden holds over 50k, what happens to the rest? Are there really that many VIP tickets sold? Or do the remainder go on sale in a general admission set?

Got a code for the Hampden Hospitality and looked out of curiosity and the prices are extreme to say the least. However the Zombies have sold one out already. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Beave1874 said:

Got a code for the Hampden Hospitality and looked out of curiosity and the prices are extreme to say the least. However the Zombies have sold one out already. 

Thanks. There's a very small but non-zero chance that should we make the final, I might be in-country for it. Obviously I have no loyalty points unless they want to award me some for being a long-time FoH contributor. Probably don't want to pay the hundreds of pounds it would need to get in, then.

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Thanks. There's a very small but non-zero chance that should we make the final, I might be in-country for it. Obviously I have no loyalty points unless they want to award me some for being a long-time FoH contributor. Probably don't want to pay the hundreds of pounds it would need to get in, then.

Fear ye not.

I'll happily get you one or two ...

... only because I care ...

... but ...

... also to piss off a certain poster who has LPs etc, as his personal hobby horse.

😁

cookieboy
3 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Maybe do a poll on who will be attending the SCSF, be interesting to see what interest there is  

would be interesting to see but for what its worth the interest I have had from Lanarkshire Hearts supporters is amazing , think we might for the first ever time need a second bus 

Cameronstheman
1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

would be interesting to see but for what its worth the interest I have had from Lanarkshire Hearts supporters is amazing , think we might for the first ever time need a second bus 

Great stuff, the bus ill be on will have two full busses so all good 

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Ah well then what to do is give every ST holder the chance to buy 2 tickets so thatll take care of potentially 32k of the 21k tickets we're getting.

Then those with a high number of LPs but no ST can snap up whatever is left, then a general sale to anyone.

That works.

Not every season ticket holder will go to the game. I know a few who aren't planning on going, and some people who only go to home games.

Not every season ticket holder will buy an extra ticket. 

Not everyone with a high number of LP's will want to go to the game. 

The only way I can see us selling close to 21,000 tickets is making it as easy as possible for people to buy tickets, allowing season ticket holders to buy an extra ticket, and allowing folk with say 5/10 or more LP's to buy tickets at the same time as season ticket holders, so folk can sit together with their mates. 

I can't see us being in a position of having more than 21,000 people looking to buy a ticket and folk with season tickets or a high LP number missing out on a ticket for this one.

Fozzyonthefence
11 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

Even if you think it was ridiculous and ott, they still ended up with tickets in our end. Blame the arseholes that want to sit in home ends, not the club!

Or the Hearts fans that give them their tickets. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Fear ye not.

... but ...

... also to piss off a certain poster who has LPs etc, as his personal hobby horse.

😁

:lol: Mighty kind of you. This'll only be in May, if it happens at all. Travel plans not set yet.

Ricardo Quaresma

Smashing!

On sale soon?

Have to book holidays for it

Are we Sunday because of draw order, or any other reason?

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Not every season ticket holder will go to the game. I know a few who aren't planning on going, and some people who only go to home games.

Not every season ticket holder will buy an extra ticket. 

Not everyone with a high number of LP's will want to go to the game. 

The only way I can see us selling close to 21,000 tickets is making it as easy as possible for people to buy tickets, allowing season ticket holders to buy an extra ticket, and allowing folk with say 5/10 or more LP's to buy tickets at the same time as season ticket holders, so folk can sit together with their mates. 

I can't see us being in a position of having more than 21,000 people looking to buy a ticket and folk with season tickets or a high LP number missing out on a ticket for this one.

I agree entirely. If they go down a slow, drip, drip, drip route with numerous different thresholds they are going to be footing significant bill for unsold tickets. They have to be creative (but fair) and aggressive in how they sell them. A quick text today and I know 4 people who were actually at the semi in November who aren't bothering with this one which is really down to how uncompetitive we've been against Rangers at Hampden which would suggest there will be plenty that need convincing it's a good idea. I believe Hearts are also going to reiterate that they've gone to bat for the fans and perhaps even spell out what this will cost the club to get some on board. They can help themselves massively to get the number of bums on seats required by finding the best solution to sell tickets as quickly as possible. 

JimmyCant
8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yet only 4 months ago in a semi-final at the same stadium, against the same opposition and with the same kick off time we sold around 16,000 tickets.......we then didn't turn up again and have since lost 5-0 to the same team even more recently in Glasgow, which is another factor to take into account in how much appetite there will be from some for this fixture.

There is no way Hearts will have agreed to pick up the tab on unsold tickets (which could be circa £30k for every 1k unsold), without a plan in place to get rid of them in a much more aggressive way. The drip drip drip is not a good policy.

I agree. They will need to make this as simple and accessible and as attractive as possible. I think they will go with 2 per ST holder and an additional one for a fairly middling loyalty threshold. Makes it possible I suppose for folk who never go to blag a ticket from a ST holder but I still think everyone who wants to go, whatever category they are in, will get one. Not a good look and pretty expensive red puss to get if we don’t sell out so they’ll take the brakes off and it’ll look like a scramble for a few days.

Ricardo Quaresma

Were the LPs not 50+ for LC Semi?

Apologies if someone already asked

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Were the LPs not 50+ for LC Semi?

Apologies if someone already asked

-

Phase 1: ST holders and people with 20+ loyalty points allowed to buy 1 ticket

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/semi-final-tickets-on-sale-now

Phase 2: Anyone with 20+ loyalty points allowed to buy an additional ticket. Anyone with 10-19 loyalty points allowed to buy their first ticket

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/viaplay-cup-sf-tickets-phase-two-to-begin

Phase 3: Anyone with 5+ loyalty points allowed to buy their first ticket

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/viaplay-cup-semi-final-tickets-sales-recommence

It seems to me given we only sold circa 16,000 tickets and got down to 5+ loyalty points and allowed ST holders and those with 20+ loyalty points the opportunity to buy an extra ticket that at the very least we should simply be starting with anyone who has a Customer reference number and 5+ loyalty points is allowed one ticket. I would go further than that and allow those with say 30+ loyalty points the option of a 2nd ticket. Hearts can do the maths on that as they have all the info on LP level to hand. 

Ricardo Quaresma

50+ for skeletor's snake mountain last year, the one with 90th minute conor porteus-goldson penalty

Think people will be surprised at how quickly these will go. 

Even the 18k we sold for the LC was way more than usual and the Scottish cup is a different beast.  We're doing well the greenock game a good example on a Monday night on TV of the demand for tickets just now. 

Will sell out once we hit General Sale. Be like the last cup final when everyone was saying anyone that wants one will get one and then moaned after they went in minutes of the general sale as they underestimated the demand. 

Our support is big when we're doing well. 

If carlsberg did rivals...
4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Smashing!

On sale soon?

Have to book holidays for it

Are we Sunday because of draw order, or any other reason?

If Rangers had got through we would have been Sunday, as they would have had a game on the Thursday, sadly 😃 they were eliminated so as per usual it will likely be whatever the tv decides.

49 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

If Rangers had got through we would have been Sunday, as they would have had a game on the Thursday, sadly 😃 they were eliminated so as per usual it will likely be whatever the tv decides.

Viaplay had their choice of which game to show exclusively, and decided to show Hearts v Rangers. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Right, Sunday 21st April at 3:00

Briefs not on sale yet

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Benny Klack
3 hours ago, Bainy said:

Think people will be surprised at how quickly these will go. 

Even the 18k we sold for the LC was way more than usual and the Scottish cup is a different beast.  We're doing well the greenock game a good example on a Monday night on TV of the demand for tickets just now. 

Will sell out once we hit General Sale. Be like the last cup final when everyone was saying anyone that wants one will get one and then moaned after they went in minutes of the general sale as they underestimated the demand. 

Our support is big when we're doing well. 

I agree - we took 16k to a league cup semi when we were playing poorly.

Given we are now on a better run of form I think we’ll sell out. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Fear ye not.

... but ...

😁

It's now what you know, it's who you know.

7 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

:lol: Mighty kind of you. This'll only be in May, if it happens at all. Travel plans not set yet.

teenager-paying-money-drug-dealer-260nw-1294728268.jpg

Edited by Bazzas right boot

chefjambo1
10 hours ago, cookieboy said:

We are swamped with people wanting on our bus also . See you in the miners 😉😉

Ricardo Quaresma

Could probably do with a bus thread, if it's active enough, maybe a sticky could be pinned here in the Terrace?

The Treasurer

I think the problem is not getting the tickets sold, I'm sure they will. 

The problem is for people who will be entitled to a ticket wanting to sit with family or friends who are not regulars and therefore not eligible for the first phase of sales. 

Tbh I've no idea how we get round that and still be fair to those that follow the team throughout the season 

HopeDiouf
18 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, the sheep were denied a 50 / 50 eh?

:rofl:

no, their owner chose not to back the fans to buy them.  got same chance as us to stump up and said no

Edited by HopeDiouf

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The problem is for people who will be entitled to a ticket wanting to sit with family or friends who are not regulars and therefore not eligible for the first phase of sales. 

Tbh I've no idea how we get round that and still be fair to those that follow the team throughout the season 

Yep, always a problem that there isn’t really a solution for. 

Luckies1874
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Surely the vast majority of people have a customer reference number and therefore say 5+ loyalty points. The way round it is to simply sell to anyone with this criteria right from the start. And not have 3 or 4 phases. As evidenced by the links above from the semi of the LC, just 4 months ago, we got down to that level as well as allowing anyone with 20+ points the opportunity to buy a 2nd ticket. We still only sold circa 16k so for me that’s the obvious starting point allowing people with loads of LP’s the opportunity to purchase tickets with people who have very few LP’s, immediately. This will sell way more tickets early in the process.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Surely the vast majority of people have a customer reference number and therefore say 5+ loyalty points. The way round it is to simply sell to anyone with this criteria right from the start. And not have 3 or 4 phases. As evidenced by the links above from the semi of the LC, just 4 months ago, we got down to that level as well as allowing anyone with 20+ points the opportunity to buy a 2nd ticket. We still only sold circa 16k so for me that’s the obvious starting point allowing people with loads of LP’s the opportunity to purchase tickets with people who have very few LP’s, immediately. This will sell way more tickets early in the process.

The criteria will be determined by the number of tickets available and how many are eligible, at least for the first phase 

JimmyCant
5 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, the sheep were denied a 50 / 50 eh?

:rofl:

Our website says we didn’t get 50-50 either.

Edited by JimmyCant

31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Our website says both clubs got an initial 21,000 to sell. 

Other tickets will probably be available from debenture holders etc that don't take up their allocations.

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Our website says both clubs got an initial 21,000 to sell. 

Other tickets will probably be available from debenture holders etc that don't take up their allocations.

I'm surprised that the weegie media haven't run the "sevco fans locked out of semi final" story yet. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

?? Could you point out where it states that

JimmyCant
24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

?? Could you point out where it states that

Link further up this page to ticket info. Says it there. 

‘Despite our best efforts there is no 50-50 ticket split for this match. It was intimated to us that historical ticket sales for our semi-finals was a major factor in this decision’

Edited by JimmyCant

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

‘Despite our best efforts there is no 50-50 ticket split for this match. It was intimated to us that historical ticket sales for our semi-finals was a major factor in this decision’

Those links are from the League Cup semi-final in November 2023  :rofl:

JimmyCant
20 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Those links are from the League Cup semi-final in November 2023  :rofl:

Indeed they are 😂 Duh !

29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Whoops, better read again 

PapaShango

Does anyone know when the tickets will go on sale for this? Do they need to wait until the physical tickets arrive before putting them on sale? 

50 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Does anyone know when the tickets will go on sale for this? Do they need to wait until the physical tickets arrive before putting them on sale? 

Better emailing the ticket office. They're usually pretty quick at replying. 

neilnunb
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I think Supporters Clubs have until end of this week to submit numbers. They seem to get dealt with first. 

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I should think if they’re selling tickets from the ticket office they would only do that once they have the physical tickets … just a thought, not in the know …

Jambo-Fox

HOSPITALITY | SCOTTISH CUP SEMI-FINAL

18 March 2024

Further to the announcement of our Scottish Gas Scottish Cup Semi-Final fixture against Rangers, the Hospitality Team is delighted to offer the following hospitality to supporters.

Hearts will meet Rangers on Sunday, April 21st, guarantee your ticket now and join fellow Jambos at Tynecastle before heading to Hampden:

👋 Arrival from 10:30am
🍽️ Pre-match food served from 11am
🚌 Coaches depart for Hampden at 12:30pm, returning to Tynecastle Park after the final-whistle.

Adult £85 | Concession (O65/U16) £70. Package includes:
Bottle of beer on arrival supported by Heineken, pre-match meal, your match ticket (East Stand), and coach transport to and from Hampden.
Please note that we will not be offering coach-only transport at the moment

TO BOOK, CALL 0131 200 7244 or 07736917859
(Booking history is required)

Edited by Jambo-Fox

PapaShango
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

18 March 2024

Further to the announcement of our Scottish Gas Scottish Cup Semi-Final fixture against Rangers, the Hospitality Team is delighted to offer the following hospitality to supporters.

Hearts will meet Rangers on Sunday, April 21st, guarantee your ticket now and join fellow Jambos at Tynecastle before heading to Hampden:

🚌 Coaches depart for Hampden at 12:30pm, returning to Tynecastle Park after the final-whistle.

Bottle of beer on arrival supported by Heineken, pre-match meal, your match ticket (East Stand), and coach transport to and from Hampden.

Seems a pretty good deal considering how much normal tickets are. Does anyone that has been to these recently know where about in the East Stand the tickets tend to be located? 

been here before
13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Seems a pretty good deal considering how much normal tickets are. Does anyone that has been to these recently know where about in the East Stand the tickets tend to be located? 

Done hospitality for the Cup Final a couple of years back. Was Ok but wouldnt do it again. Tickets were shite, Section I which I think strictly speaking might be the South Stand, Im not sure, low down on the corner, pish view. I imagine the East Stand ones would be even worse.

Bear in mind though its Hampden there are no really decent seats.

Edited by been here before

PapaShango
55 minutes ago, been here before said:

Done hospitality for the Cup Final a couple of years back. Was Ok but wouldnt do it again. Tickets were shite, Section I which I think strictly speaking might be the South Stand, Im not sure, low down on the corner, pish view. I imagine the East Stand ones would be even worse.

Yeah being in the East stand is what has put me off. Think I'll give it a miss and get some South upper tickets if I can. 

Pete Elliott
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

They were good seats for the previous semi final under the same package. Back third of the stand behind the goals.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

South Upper has excellent seats. Padded as well and a great view.

cookieboy
On 15/03/2024 at 08:06, chefjambo1 said:

We are swamped with people wanting on our bus also . See you in the miners 😉😉

Certainly will mate HHGH 

20 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Our group did this for the League Cup semi . It was decent . Depends what you are after though . I am at the stage where I prefer to have everything organised and sorted before and after the match . Through to Glasgow nice and easy , bus back to Edinburgh after match . Cant really be arsed marching through the urban decay back to the train stations . Others would prefer to save a bit of money and do it their own way . I have taken this option once again as it just made life much easier last time 

Pans Jambo
On 18/03/2024 at 13:35, Jambo-Fox said:

18 March 2024

Just ordered 3 of these. Lassie on the phone was extremely helpful.

37 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just ordered 3 of these. Lassie on the phone was extremely helpful.

It is a really good experience for the money

it works and it just takes the fannying about with booking and planning out of the equation 

enjoy

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3