Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

michael_bolton
1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

I agree with your general point about LPs and specifically that being at a semi shouldn't trump having more LPs but in this instance I think there is no chance that anyone with points won't be able to get a ticket, therefore the club need to be creative in trying to sell as many tickets as possible. One of the key issues is always that people with loads of points can't get tickets beside friends and family with fewer points. I think a version of Luckies suggestion could be workable with the key being that people who want to sit together have the opportunity to do so. It is also vital to try to get sales off to a flying start as good early sales often generate more interest and further sales as people don't want to miss out.

I don't really see the issue with that. People can sit together as long as they all have enough points to go to the game.

If we're saying someone with 5 loyalty points has more chance of getting in than someone with 25 loyalty points, just because they have a mate with 120 LPs, then I just think that's a hard thing to defend.

I'm not sure everyone who wants in will get in. Maybe, but there were some good men who missed the 2022 final (despite the usual 'everyone will get in' chat), and I think uptake for this one will be high. We're having a good season and have decent fixtures in the run-up. Hearts have a responsibility to sell the tickets fairly to maintain the trust of the fans, and to make sure they go to Hearts supporters.

Rewarding people for having mates with lots of LPs is wrong.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

They never said that. It was impossible to segregate the north stand unless it was a 50/50 split. 

That's correct.  The only way the North Stand can be segregated is at the half way line. It's been like this for ages, probably because of toilet and refreshment problems. 

been here before

The first phase will be a ticket each for ST Holders and those with say 45+ LPs (chose your own number 45 is just an example might be more, might be less.) and it will drop incrementally, the way it should be.

How folk are struggling with this is quite staggering.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Fans with decent LP's and ST's wont miss out they never have 

So very nearly 'everyone who wants a ticket will get one'... that must come along soon.

HoGwash
1 minute ago, michael_bolton said:

I don't really see the issue with that. People can sit together as long as they all have enough points to go to the game.

If we're saying someone with 5 loyalty points has more chance of getting in than someone with 25 loyalty points, just because they have a mate with 120 LPs, then I just think that's a hard thing to defend.

I'm not sure everyone who wants in will get in. Maybe, but there were some good men who missed the 2022 final (despite the usual 'everyone will get in' chat), and I think uptake for this one will be high. We're having a good season and have decent fixtures in the run-up. Hearts have a responsibility to sell the tickets fairly to maintain the trust of the fans, and to make sure they go to Hearts supporters.

Fair enough although I think demand will not match the 2012 final. I think our main difference of opinion is that I think it will be very challenging to sell out our 21,000 tickets whereas you think we will. If we sell out comfortably then your approach would be correct but my approach is based of maximising our sales as far as possible to get as close as we can to 21k.

michael_bolton
3 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Fair enough although I think demand will not match the 2012 final. I think our main difference of opinion is that I think it will be very challenging to sell out our 21,000 tickets whereas you think we will. If we sell out comfortably then your approach would be correct but my approach is based of maximising our sales as far as possible to get as close as we can to 21k.

We've got 15,500 season ticket holders, our average crowds are over 18,000. Comparisons with semis from years ago don't hold up. And it's a 3pm kick-off less than an hour along the road. It's not a 12pm or some rubbish like that. It's about as attendable as a game gets.

We're coasting third in the league, we've beaten Celtic twice, and we're in generally good form with pretty winnable fixtures between now and the semi.

We'll sell this out absolutely no bother.

Edited by michael_bolton

HoGwash
3 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

We've got 15,500 season ticket holders, our average crowds are over 18,000. Comparisons with semis from years ago don't hold up. And it's a 3pm kick-off less than an hour along the road. It's not a 12pm or some rubbish like that. It's about as attendable as a game gets.

We're coasting third in the league, we've beaten Celtic twice, and we're in generally good form with pretty winnable fixtures between now and the semi.

I certainly hope so 👍

HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Not if we do it your way we won't.

sirwalter
16 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

I'll be mildly surprised if we do. However I think we'll be close, everyone who wants a ticket will get one and that'll be just fine.

Luckies1874
26 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Yet only 4 months ago in a semi-final at the same stadium, against the same opposition and with the same kick off time we sold around 16,000 tickets.......we then didn't turn up again and have since lost 5-0 to the same team even more recently in Glasgow, which is another factor to take into account in how much appetite there will be from some for this fixture.

There is no way Hearts will have agreed to pick up the tab on unsold tickets (which could be circa £30k for every 1k unsold), without a plan in place to get rid of them in a much more aggressive way. The drip drip drip is not a good policy.

Edited by Luckies1874

michael_bolton
7 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yet only 4 months ago in a semi-final at the same stadium, against the same opposition and with the same kick off time we sold around 16,000 tickets.......we then didn't turn up again and have since lost 5-0 to the sam team even more recently in Glasgow, which is another factor to take into account in how much appetite there will from some for this fixture.

There is no way Hearts will have agreed to pick up the tab on unsold tickets (which could be circa £30k for every 1k unsold), without a plan in place to get rid of them in a much more aggressive way. The drip drip drip is not a good policy.

Last time round against Rangers we shifted 16,000 when in poor form and when playing in the lower profile of the two cups.

We're miles better off now.

We'll out-sell that easily this time. There's no justification for giving two tickets to anyone.

Aberdeen made a massive arse of their League Cup final tickets by trying to rush the sales and prioritising pace over getting them to the right people. It's a false economy as you lose control over where the tickets go to.

Any system that allows queue-jumping or folk having spare tickets to pass to whoever the fancy is wrong.

Edited by michael_bolton

GBJambo

We cannot give 15500 season ticket holders an extra ticket as there won’t be enough tickets to go around and season ticket holders could potentially miss out 

Luckies1874

Last time round against Rangers we shifted 16,000 when in poor form and when playing in the lower profile of the two cups.

We're miles better off now.

We'll out-sell that easily this time. There's no justification for giving two tickets to anyone.

You are seriously overplaying the "form" thing. 

Well we will see. Be fascinating to see what the club put together and then the overall uptake. I think they will put a fair bit of pressure on the fanbase to back their stance which will certainly help, a policy that has been proven to work in numerous other ways, over the last few years. 

michael_bolton
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Well we will see. Be fascinating to see what the club put together and then the overall uptake. I think they will put a fair bit of pressure on the fanbase to back their stance which will certainly help, a policy that has been proven to work in numerous other ways, over the last few years. 

I don't think the form point is insignificant. Believing we have a chance is a huge part of getting people to pay to go to these games.

If we don't believe we can win a Hampden semi against the old firm this year, then when will we? We're having a good season and we have a team that has shown it can get big results.

Back in November we were struggling, had won 3 out of our last ten games, and it wasn't inconcievable we'd be sacking Naismith soonish. Did you know anyone who really thought we'd win? I didn't.

This game is completely different.

I think a lot of people are over-worrying themselves about the reputational issue and obsessing about selling out quickly. The important thing is to get it right. We shouldn't be selling any tickets that aren't allocated to someone with an obvious buying history (so nobody getting a spare to dish out to whoever they want) and we shouldn't be selling them in a way that someone with 10 points can get in but someone with 40 can't. Those are obvious points.

We're not going to struggle to sell these.

Luckies1874

I don't think the form point is insignificant. Believing we have a chance is a huge part of getting people to pay to go to these games.

If we don't believe we can win a Hampden semi against the old firm this year, then when will we? We're having a good season and we have a team that has shown it can get big results.

Back in November we were struggling, had won 3 out of our last ten games, and it wasn't inconcievable we'd be sacking Naismith soonish. Did you know anyone who really thought we'd win? I didn't.

This game is completely different.

I think a lot of people are over-worrying themselves about the reputational issue and obsessing about selling out quickly. The important thing is to get it right. We shouldn't be selling any tickets that aren't allocated to someone with an obvious buying history (so nobody getting a spare to dish out to whoever they want) and we shouldn't be selling them in a way that someone with 10 points can get in but someone with 40 can't. Those are obvious points.

We're not going to struggle to sell these.

We lost 5-0 to them 19 days ago! We are massive underdogs and have never beaten Rangers at Hampden in our history. I'll be there, as always, in hope more than expectation, but plenty will swerve it due to our horrendous record v them in Glasgow and pitiful performances twice recently at Hampden, where we barely laid a glove on them. 

Thinking about it further I actually think your idea of looking at how may loyalty points the 'top' 21,000 have and immediately opening ticket per person to them is a good one. I suspect that would mean be a very low threshold but would ensure every ST holder is covered and any regular or even semi regular attendee is covered. It would also mean that most groups can purchase together immediately. Then drop it further if necessary or offer the opportunity of a second ticket to high LP's who are far less likely to be passing on to anyone undeserving or indeed Rangers fans. 

michael_bolton
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Thinking about it further I actually think your idea of looking at how may loyalty points the 'top' 21,000 have and immediately opening ticket per person to them is a good one. I suspect that would mean be a very low threshold but would ensure every ST holder is covered and any regular or even semi regular attendee is covered. It would also mean that most groups can purchase together immediately. Then drop it further if necessary or offer the opportunity of a second ticket to high LP's who are far less likely to be passing on to anyone undeserving or indeed Rangers fans. 

That seems quite obvious to me. Say 20 points, leave it at that for a week, then lower it if necessary. Seems to tick all the boxes. I see no justification at all for Hearts handing out spares for folk to give to anyone they choose. That's both unfair and a potential safety issue. I'd imagine the police would frown upon it.

Out of interest, is anyone on here ITK about the number of LP holders at different levels? I've got no idea. But, how many over 20, for example? How many over 50?

I think the Scotland travel club make that info public (or have done before) and I've always thought it weird that Hearts don't. I don't see any harm in making it public so people know where they stand when tivkets are on sale, and how likely tickets for any game are to drop down to their level.

For example, if Hearts told us 20,000 had 20 points or above, the nthe obvious starting point for this match would be 20. All ST holders catered for and anyone who goes anything like regularly. Then drop down as required. But as far as I know, Hearts have never given any hints about this.

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

That seems quite obvious to me. Say 20 points, leave it at that for a week, then lower it if necessary. Seems to tick all the boxes. I see no justification at all for Hearts handing out spares for folk to give to anyone they choose. That's both unfair and a potential safety issue. I'd imagine the police would frown upon it.

Out of interest, is anyone on here ITK about the number of LP holders at different levels? I've got no idea. But, how many over 20, for example? How many over 50?

I think the Scotland travel club make that info public (or have done before) and I've always thought it weird that Hearts don't. I don't see any harm in making it public so people know where they stand when tivkets are on sale, and how likely tickets for any game are to drop down to their level.

For example, if Hearts told us 20,000 had 20 points or above, the nthe obvious starting point for this match would be 20. All ST holders catered for and anyone who goes anything like regularly. Then drop down as required. But as far as I know, Hearts have never given any hints about this.

I suspect that 21,000 will be lower than 20pts but purely guessing on that. 

PapaShango
39 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Not sure it is. Back in 97/98 I don't think we won a league game against either OF all season in the league. Rangers also done us 5-2 at home that season and JJ always talks about learning from the games and mistakes we made. Hopefully its the same with Naisy this time around. 

Gmcjambo
50 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yet only 4 months ago in a semi-final at the same stadium, against the same opposition and with the same kick off time we sold around 16,000 tickets.......we then didn't turn up again and have since lost 5-0 to the same team even more recently in Glasgow, which is another factor to take into account in how much appetite there will be from some for this fixture.

Would it not cost about half that much?  Gate receipt are shared 50 / 50, so we buy unsold tickets and get 50% being paid back to us.   I guess there might be other costs to be a paid for out if the kitty (stadium costs) but still…

Edited by Gmcjambo

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Would it not cost about half that much?  Gate receipt are shared 50 / 50, so we buy unsold tickets and get 50% being paid back to us.   I guess there might be other costs to be a paid for out if the kitty (stadium costs) but still…

I think Hearts have agreed to pay the overall cost of 21,000 tickets, up front as it were. If we only sell 19,000 as an example then the club are out of pocket for the other 2,000 tickets. Rangers won't be assisting with that short fall. 

Gmcjambo
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think Hearts have agreed to pay the overall cost of 21,000 tickets, up front as it were. If we only sell 19,000 as an example then the club are out of pocket for the other 2,000 tickets. Rangers won't be assisting with that short fall. 

I get that,  all I’m saying is we’re effectively buying the tickets and then overall gate receipts are shared. We don’t lose all of that money…

Bazzas right boot

A week before the PotY event.

Watt-Zeefuik

Possibly a foolish question, but if there are 21k seats sold to both fanbases but Hampden holds over 50k, what happens to the rest? Are there really that many VIP tickets sold? Or do the remainder go on sale in a general admission set?

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not sure it is. Back in 97/98 I don't think we won a league game against either OF all season in the league. Rangers also done us 5-2 at home that season and JJ always talks about learning from the games and mistakes we made. Hopefully its the same with Naisy this time around. 

My point was that recent performances and results against Rangers, in Glasgow, have been dire which may impact how some people think in terms of going. 

Nothing to do with how I personally believe we will get on and whether lessons will ave been learnt from these previous matches. I think there was without question an improvement in the JJ side, from the 1-5 thrashing to the excellent effort in the 3-4 final to the great day in May 1998. I'm not convinced we are at that stage, with this side yet, as frankly we are nowhere near as good as the JJ era (mind you Rangers aren't either!) but we will see how Naisy approaches this and you never know. 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I get that,  all I’m saying is we’re effectively buying the tickets and then overall gate receipts are shared. We don’t lose all of that money…

Not my reading of it but who knows.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Possibly a foolish question, but if there are 21k seats sold to both fanbases but Hampden holds over 50k, what happens to the rest? Are there really that many VIP tickets sold? Or do the remainder go on sale in a general admission set?

Several thousand corporate and debentures at Hampden.

Philfigo

Well done Hearts for securing this just don't balls up the process like the league cup semi with tickets being drip fed and holding LPs at a ridiculous level.

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

My point was that recent performances and results against Rangers, in Glasgow, have been dire which may impact how some people think in terms of going. 

Nothing to do with how I personally believe we will get on and whether lessons will ave been learnt from these previous matches. I think there was without question an improvement in the JJ side, from the 1-5 thrashing to the excellent effort in the 3-4 final to the great day in May 1998. I'm not convinced we are at that stage, with this side yet, as frankly we are nowhere near as good as the JJ era (mind you Rangers aren't either!) but we will see how Naisy approaches this and you never know. 

Yeah agree, it was gradual progression to get to that day in 98. Not sure if its a mentality thing against Rangers but we really haven't laid a glove on them in a while. It has to change at some point though, lets hope its in the semi final. 

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, michael_bolton said:

Everyone who wants a ticket will get one for this game. Offering 2 tickets to season ticket holders/folk with x amount of loyalty points just mean we stand a better chance of getting closer to selling our full allocation. 

Fair enough for the final, have a staged sale as we will sell out for that no problem but for this one, we need to be a bit more creative. If we do what you've suggested, we'll sell 16/17,000 tickets.

Cameronstheman
Just now, Philfigo said:

Well done Hearts for securing this just don't balls up the process like the league cup semi with tickets being drip fed and holding LPs at a ridiculous level.

This 

been here before
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A week before the PotY event.

4 days before the Player Sponsorship event.

4 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

It is not good for me or anyone going south with it being a later kickoff. Will mean getting home after 11pm on a Sunday night.

That's true but I guess on balance a 3pm Sunday kick-off - which couldn't happen on a Saturday (given the semis are on telly) - is a pretty good time for the majority. Personally I'd generally prefer a Saturday game, whether lunchtime or evening, to a Sunday game, but if the game's on a Sunday I'd much prefer a 3pm kick off to lunchtime.

Also, lunchtime kick-offs are on the whole generally worse for those fans with any distance to travel, because it either means a very early start or an overnight stay the night before.   

Watt-Zeefuik
18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Several thousand corporate and debentures at Hampden.

Cheers, have to say I'm surprised it's that many.

Jambo-Fox
2 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

All this talk of two tickets per account etc is madness.

We have a Loyalty Points system exactly for situations like this. The club threw it out the window for the 2022 cup final by allowing anyone who had been to the semi the chance to get a ticket for the final ahead of those with more LPs, and it was a disgrace.

Hearts know how many people have what number of LPs. Just open up sales on day 1 to the number of LPs closest to our allocation with a deadline on that period, then drop the points every few days after that till it sells out.

It's really very simple.

Allowing ST holders (or anyone) to buy two tickets defeats the whole purpose of the LP system and removes the reward of actually going to support the team on a regular basis. It's just needless. We'll sell them anyway.

It’s doubtful if there are remotely close to 21,000 people with loyalty points who would want to go, so one per person would result in thousands of unsold tickets!

Jambo-Fox

Some mad suggestions on here now regarding proposed selling processes!

There’s only one fair way to sell these semi-final tickets and that’s the way that ensures they’re all sold, every single ticket thus ensuring Hampden is 50% maroon ….. we’re going to win the cup this year, it’s a feeling …

Seaside Dave
4 hours ago, Jarhead said:

TBF the same applies to an awful large section of the Celtic support. 🥸

Aye the tims be well juiced up sailing over the Irish sea with their terrorist songs and banners at the ready 😂😂😂

joondalupjambo

I will get in early with this one.  I never remember.  What is the difference between assign and mange in your network?  I want to buy a ticket for my son and we are both ST holders. I have him set as manage my network at the moment.

Edited by joondalupjambo

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

We lost 5-0 to them 19 days ago! We are massive underdogs and have never beaten Rangers at Hampden in our history. I'll be there, as always, in hope more than expectation, but plenty will swerve it due to our horrendous record v them in Glasgow and pitiful performances twice recently at Hampden, where we barely laid a glove on them. 

We will sell them no issues. 

Cameronstheman

Maybe do a poll on who will be attending the SCSF, be interesting to see what interest there is  

richardhateshibs

As much as this is an (unusually) fair decision by the SFA, I do still wonder why they have made it but not done the same with Aberdeen? 

Bongo 1874

Those that are willing to buy a ticket and have enough loyalty points,and a ticket buying history.

Meaning they have went to away games for years,or a season ticket holder or an ex season ticket holder.

Once ticket has been purchased,Club should Gurantee those that buy will be Guranteed 1st shot at buying ticket for final.

If we make it.

Rocky jamboa
4 hours ago, been here before said:

The first phase will be a ticket each for ST Holders and those with say 45+ LPs (chose your own number 45 is just an example might be more, might be less.) and it will drop incrementally, the way it should be.

How folk are struggling with this is quite staggering.

Because we won't sell out 21,000 tickets that way. 

We've not sold out semi finals v the old firm doing it that way before so we need to try something different this time or we'll be left with egg on our face that we made a big point of getting 50% of the tickets and only selling 3/4's of them.

Bob Loblaw

Figure out how many LP's 21k sit at and set it at that. ST holders would fall within that and so no disadvantage and it also allows people to sit with mates rather than waiting for different sales phases. 

It's about momentum. Do it this way, initial sales will be big and it'll create a bit of a hype and demand.

Sell it like the LC SF and it'll do the same thing and slow it down.

been here before
15 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Because we won't sell out 21,000 tickets that way. 

We've not sold out semi finals v the old firm doing it that way before so we need to try something different this time or we'll be left with egg on our face that we made a big point of getting 50% of the tickets and only selling 3/4's of them.

Ah well then what to do is give every ST holder the chance to buy 2 tickets so thatll take care of potentially 32k of the 21k tickets we're getting.

Then those with a high number of LPs but no ST can snap up whatever is left, then a general sale to anyone.

That works.

33 minutes ago, richardhateshibs said:

As much as this is an (unusually) fair decision by the SFA, I do still wonder why they have made it but not done the same with Aberdeen? 

Because they had zero chance of selling them. 

Captain Sausage

For the 2012 cup final, anyone with 20+ LPs (ie a single season ticket) was able to get a ticket. It won't be a problem for this semi final.

dc-jambo
41 minutes ago, richardhateshibs said:

because Hearts offered to buy any unsold tickets and the sheep, understandably, didn’t?

been here before
2 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

because Hearts offered to buy any unsold tickets and the sheep, understandably, didn’t?

You've read that on here and taken it as gospel havent you?

gnasher75

This thread seems split between people who are worried there won't be enough tickets for everyone (which seems crazy to me) and those who think we will be struggling to sell 21k and are looking for the best way to achieve that (eg adult ST holders being able to buy 2 tickets per account), with the possibility of getting more tickets if we do manage to sell out.  

Hampden seats c.52k.  42k have been allocated initially.  A few thousand go to corporate/debentures etc.  But there are still more seats in sections of the South Stand that haven't been released that Hearts could get if ticket sales go incredibly well.

Edited by gnasher75

been here before
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

This thread seems split between people who are worried there won't be enough tickets for everyone (which seems crazy to me) and those who think we will be struggling to sell 21k and are looking for the best way to achieve that (eg adult ST holders being able to buy 2 tickets per accout), with the possibility of getting more tickets if we do manage to sell out.  

Hampden seats c.52k.  42k have been allocated initially.  A few thousand go to corporate/debentures etc.  But there are still more seats in sections of the South Stand that haven't been released that Hearts could get if ticket sales go incredibly well.

Too right.

Everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3