Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

League Cup is completely different from the Scottish Cup. 

we took 12k to the semi in 2012.  I don’t think it makes much difference tbh

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, The Gorgie said:

Even if you think it was ridiculous and ott, they still ended up with tickets in our end. Blame the arseholes that want to sit in home ends, not the club!

15 is still ridiculous. It's preventing Hearts fans from buying tickets, and that is solely the fault of the club. Nobody else.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Different times. Nobody gave us a chance of beating Celtic, we weren't doing great in the league and it was a 12.30 ko.

been here before
Just now, Sir PH said:

15 is still ridiculous. It's preventing Hearts fans from buying tickets, and that is solely the fault of the club. Nobody else.

Maybe if they managed to drag themselves aling to a few more games it might help them.

15pts over 2 years is hardly a mountain to climb.

The Treasurer
33 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Absolutely brilliant getting half the North Stand. Wonder if they will sell from D1 or D5.

Really hope they let adult season ticket holders buy 2 per account as that will be best way to sell out.

I suspect we will be forced to sell the north stand from nearest to the east stand first. 

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Yeah it is pretty steep. My wife for example doesn't go a lot as she works a Saturday but when games like this come around she is keen to go with me and the laddie. She's on 8 loyalty points so may not get the chance to buy a ticket. I'm sure there are others with similar circumstances. 

davemclaren
47 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Only £20 for those with the most disposable income though 👍 

::troll::

Let it go, let it go...generational warrior. 😄

Wee Mikey
39 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Common sense prevails 

And not before time.

I can see us selling out.

Just look at that support on a Mon night in Greenock for a 19:45 KO with (anticipated) transport problems.

Just look at our away support this coming Sat in the nether regions beyond the Moray Firth.

We even sold out our Ibrox allocation!!!

The Gorgie
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

It's not even that much 😂. Points are kept on for 3 years, I think? If someone can't build up 15 points over that period then they can't really moan on missing out on a match.

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Happy it's 3pm too and not the bloody lunchtime kickoff.

Was hoping for a half 12 ko time just so I could chill after. Now it's a rush to skip through rangers fans onto train to city centre before bus to airport for 8.20 flight home. The Celtic semi in 2012 was great finished for half 2 6 hours to wait for a flight. In bar in city centre with a load of jambos and no worries about missing a flight lol 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

To be fair, we weren’t selling out ST’s back then, or travelling with the numbers we see now.

With 15,500 ST holders and a 7,000 strong waiting list, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t sell-out our allocation this time around.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

To be fair, we weren’t selling out ST’s back then, or travelling with the numbers we see now.

With 15,500 ST holders and a 7,000 strong waiting list, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t sell-out our allocation this time around.

I think we will go pretty close to selling out, will make a massive difference to the team to see half the stadium being filled with Hearts fans. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

And not before time.

I can see us selling out.

Just look at that support on a Mon night in Greenock for a 19:45 KO with (anticipated) transport problems.

Just look at our away support this coming Sat in the nether regions beyond the Moray Firth.

We even sold out our Ibrox allocation!!!

Slap in the face to the spl who said it wasn't possible to segregate for a 50/50 split in the league Cup semi final 

neilnunb

BBC showing the Celtic v Aberdeen semi therefore ours will be solely on viaplay (they show both).

Jim_Duncan

Early request: Can the guys that do the flag displays please not leave us white flags to wave before kick off? Bit of a bad omen.

Shooter McGavin

12:30 for the Saturday game is a nonsense, zero consideration for Aberdeen fans.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Let it go, let it go...generational warrior. 😄

Haha, knew you wouldn't be able to let it slide 😂👍

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Btw Aberdeen have been refused a 50/50 split, only getting up to 19,000. This is based on them historically handing back tickets.

Probably because they won't agree to cover the cost of any unsold tickets.

Hopefully we sell them and back the club on this.

Jarhead
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

12:30 for the Saturday game is a nonsense, zero consideration for Aberdeen fans.

TBF the same applies to an awful large section of the Celtic support. 🥸

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

true. Still folk need to get fingers out.  Becuase if we don’t sell them out it will be used against us

Weebroon98

Well done to the club for fighting our case, up to the fans now to fill the end. Which i think we will

Wee Mikey
29 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Superb stuff Hearts 👏🏻

To anybody that’s lucky enough to be able afford it, hasn’t got any plans or arrangements that day, and wasn’t planning on going cause they don’t think we’ll win, don’t be a s*itebag and get behind the team! 🇱🇻

You’re going to miss out when we pump them!

:sweeet:

A musical time-out is in order.

Numerous Hearts supporters missed us trashing the so-called 'Invincibles'.

OK, I'm an eternal optimist, but wanna be able to say, "I wuz there".

I can feel it in my fingers, and my toes ...

it's coming ... we're due a win at Hampden v that mob ...

For sure ... I'll be there ...

❤️❤️G❤️

33 minutes ago, been here before said:

Maybe if they managed to drag themselves aling to a few more games it might help them.

Like it or not, every club has fair weather fans that go once in a blue moon. I'd rather see one of their erses on a seat than the seat lying empty. 

Luckies1874
39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

true. Still folk need to get fingers out.  Becuase if we don’t sell them out it will be used against us

Firstly great news that the club have gone to bat for the fanbase, even better that they've been successful. They deserve huge credit and our collective thanks for that. Given the agreement they have reached re paying the full bill for the 21,000 tickets it's now up to all of us to ensure they are sold and cajole everyone we know to attend regardless of our likelihood of victory and whether they usually attend such matches. That said the next test of the club is whether they have thought this through properly and whether they are going to get creative about how they sell the tickets. My opinion is they should use loyalty points as well as ST's to have a sliding scale of how many tickets someone can buy. Made up as I'm typing and of course with no knowledge of how many people fall into a certain category but how about a sliding scale of say:

Anyone with 50pts or more immediately able to buy 2 tickets with anyone who has over 100pts able to buy a 3rd ticket. Initially anyone under 50pts (but with 5 or more) able to buy 1 ticket. Many of those buying with over 100pts would be buying an extra ticket for those with less than 50 and it means family groups etc can get tickets together. At a certain date those with say over 5 or 10pts can buy an additional ticket. I just think it's important that they allow clear and obvious Hearts fans the opportunity, quickly, to buy as many tickets as possible. 

Also think the club should look into offering reduced price transport from Tynie. Better to fork out 20k on buses than be left with 100k+ worth of tickets! 

Edited by Luckies1874

PapaShango
12 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Like it or not, every club has fair weather fans that go once in a blue moon. I'd rather see one of their erses on a seat than the seat lying empty. 

Yip there will be loads of fans that have gotten out the habit of going or can't make it as regularly as possible. I used to go home and away for years before kids came along so don't make away games as often, however I suspect that it will be the same for loads of people and they will make an effort to go to a semi of final. I think we will go close to selling this out, 17/18k or whatever it was we took to the LC semi will be beaten here just because its a SC semi final, better weather and we are in a far better place on the pitch than we were back then. Lets hope for a different result this time. 

boag1874
16 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Firstly great news that the club have gone to bat for the fanbase, even better that they've been successful. They deserve huge credit an d our collective thanks for that. Given the agreement they have reached re paying the full bill for the 21,000 tickets it's now up to all of us to ensure they are sold and cajole everyone we know to attend regardless of our likelihood of victory and whether they usually attend such matches. That said the next test of the club is whether they have thought this through properly and whether they are going to get creative about how they sell the tickets. My opinion is they should use loyalty points as well as ST's to have a sliding scale of how many tickets someone can buy. Made up as I'm typing and of course with no knowledge of how many people fall into a certain category but how about a sliding scale of say:

Anyone with 50pts or more immediately able to buy 2 tickets with anyone who has over 100pts able to buy a 3rd ticket. Initially anyone under 50pts (but with 5 or more) able to buy 1 ticket. Many of those buying with over 100pts would be buying an extra ticket for those with less than 50 and it means family groups etc can get tickets together. At a certain date those with say over 5 or 10pts can buy an additional ticket. I just think it's important that they allow clear and obvious Hearts fans the opportunity, quickly, to buy as many tickets as possible. 

I think your proposal is one I like and support. For me it should be guys and girls who support their team up an down the country who should get first dibs, and also be able to share the day with their family and friends.

Cameronstheman

Why not give 2 PP for those in the system on a first come first served basis

To much fannying around at times for me with LP's and we lose the momentum 

I'm hoping for 3/4

No Idle Talk
59 minutes ago, been here before said:

Depends how far away you live. 

StirlingJambo

What other system could they use instead of the loyalty points scheme. There will be plenty jambos with different reasons that can’t attend as much and don’t have the loyalty point the club will eventually be asking for.

Maybe if they have a purchase history of any sort over the last 5 years but have to go to ticket office to collect the ticket. Then also have to show a mates season ticket. I’d imagine most jambos that want to go will know someone with a season ticket and very little would give any to the there rangers mates.

No Idle Talk

It's good - and right - that the allocation is 50/50. I hope our fans will buy up all the tickets and get right behind the team on the day. Make Rangers feel like it is not a home fixture for them. 

I would love to be going to this one but money wise it isn't going to work for me. 😕

Shaggy2
10 minutes ago, Americana said:

Any guessed of when they are expected to go on sale?

Probably week commencing Tuesday 26th (TO closed on a Monday) 

Supporters club applications to be submitted by 25th. 👍

boag1874
23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yip there will be loads of fans that have gotten out the habit of going or can't make it as regularly as possible. I used to go home and away for years before kids came along so don't make away games as often, however I suspect that it will be the same for loads of people and they will make an effort to go to a semi of final. I think we will go close to selling this out, 17/18k or whatever it was we took to the LC semi will be beaten here just because its a SC semi final, better weather and we are in a far better place on the pitch than we were back then. Lets hope for a different result this time. 

The bit in bold is key, that LC semi was the 5th of November, probably just about at the apex of the doom & gloom period where a huge chunk of the fans had grown disillusioned with the team. Our only 3 games in October saw us chuck 5 points in collapses vs Hibs & Rangers as well as take a doing from Celtic at home. Now we’re night and day having just beaten Celtic for the 2nd time in a row. That will help shift tickets.

Edited by boag1874

Wearsider
1 hour ago, SM Sheffield said:

It is not good for me or anyone going south with it being a later kickoff. Will mean getting home after 11pm on a Sunday night.

Speak for yourself. I'm heading back down south and its ideal, would be a struggle to get up for a 12.30 kick off on a Sunday 

gnasher75

As well as the 50/50 split, it's also good to see that half price tickets are available in all stands this time round.  Another improvement on the League Cup semi final.

gnasher75
50 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Firstly great news that the club have gone to bat for the fanbase, even better that they've been successful. They deserve huge credit and our collective thanks for that. Given the agreement they have reached re paying the full bill for the 21,000 tickets it's now up to all of us to ensure they are sold and cajole everyone we know to attend regardless of our likelihood of victory and whether they usually attend such matches. That said the next test of the club is whether they have thought this through properly and whether they are going to get creative about how they sell the tickets. My opinion is they should use loyalty points as well as ST's to have a sliding scale of how many tickets someone can buy. Made up as I'm typing and of course with no knowledge of how many people fall into a certain category but how about a sliding scale of say:

Also think the club should look into offering reduced price transport from Tynie. Better to fork out 20k on buses than be left with 100k+ worth of tickets! 

Something like this would be the best way to get all the tickets sold.  Probably not the 3rd ticket from the start.

Another benefit is that the club don't need to give any of these tickets back so we can keep selling until the day of the game if they haven't sold out before then.  And if there are tickets left unsold, they can be given to schools or whatever.

There are still sections in the upper South Stand (J, K and L) which presumably we could get if sales of the initial 21k goes well.  What a statement it would be to sell out and ask for more.

Knowing that it will be close to an even split will encourage more Hearts fans to buy tickets.

michael_bolton

All this talk of two tickets per account etc is madness.

We have a Loyalty Points system exactly for situations like this. The club threw it out the window for the 2022 cup final by allowing anyone who had been to the semi the chance to get a ticket for the final ahead of those with more LPs, and it was a disgrace.

Hearts know how many people have what number of LPs. Just open up sales on day 1 to the number of LPs closest to our allocation with a deadline on that period, then drop the points every few days after that till it sells out.

It's really very simple.

Allowing ST holders (or anyone) to buy two tickets defeats the whole purpose of the LP system and removes the reward of actually going to support the team on a regular basis. It's just needless. We'll sell them anyway.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Slap in the face to the spl who said it wasn't possible to segregate for a 50/50 split in the league Cup semi final 

They never said that. It was impossible to segregate the north stand unless it was a 50/50 split. 

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

We have a Loyalty Points system exactly for situations like this. The club threw it out the window for the 2022 cup final by allowing anyone who had been to the semi the chance to get a ticket for the final ahead of those with more LPs, and it was a disgrace.

Hearts know how many people have what number of LPs. Just open up sales on day 1 to the number of LPs closest to our allocation with a deadline on that period, then drop the points every few days after that till it sells out.

It's really very simple.

Allowing ST holders (or anyone) to buy two tickets defeats the whole purpose of the LP system and removes the reward of actually going to support the team on a regular basis. It's just needless. We'll sell them anyway.

I agree with you re the importance of the loyalty points system and it should certainly be utilised but I think people with more LP's should be rewarded with the ability to buy more than one ticket right from the off. If they go down the route of only allowing one ticket per person throughout the entire process there is not a chance we sell out 21,000 tickets. This needs to be thought through by the club, who have all the info to put in place something that ensures fairness but also is aggressive in making sure we sell every last ticket. 

Hearing they are planning on breakfast/drinks etc hospitality in various lounges at Tynie, bus packages etc too.

michael_bolton
6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I agree with you re the importance of the loyalty points system and it should certainly be utilised but I think people with more LP's should be rewarded with the ability to buy more than one ticket right from the off. If they go down the route of only allowing one ticket per person throughout the entire process there is not a chance we sell out 21,000 tickets. This needs to be thought through by the club, who have all the info to put in place something that ensures fairness but also is aggressive in making sure we sell every last ticket. 

Hearing they are planning on breakfast/drinks etc hospitality in various lounges at Tynie, bus packages etc too.

That's not rewarding the LP holders. That's rewarding their mates who can queue-jump a ticket.

Loyalty points do not allow you to sit with your mates at big games, they allow you to buy tickets for big games, and allowing a situation where Hearts have no control over who gets the tickets is not acceptable. You could literally give one to a Hibs-supporting mate if you have no Hearts pals but fancy company at the game.

It's not a logical position to say you support the LP system but then advocate a policy where someone with 0 LPs could get a ticket for a semi-final/final while someone with 40-odd points misses out. At that stage, fans would be able to question the point of the LP system.

Season ticket holders looked after first, then use the LP system to sell the rest. I'd imagine this wouldn't require two specific stages, since no ST holders will be below 20 points. Do we have 21,000 over 20 points? I'd be surprised. 

Easy.

Edited by michael_bolton

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

Why not give 2 PP for those in the system on a first come first served basis

To much fannying around at times for me with LP's and we lose the momentum 

I'm hoping for 3/4

The club will, rightly, prioritise ST holders and those with enough LPs. 

Dishing out 2pp would be unfair given the numbers that would be in those categories 

Daveandal
13 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

It's really very simple.

Have to agree. Don't see why someone who can't get a season ticket for whatever reason but goes to as many games as possible is punished but someone random pal of a season ticket holder can go.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

That's not rewarding the LP holders. That's rewarding their mates who can queue-jump a ticket.

Loyalty points do not allow you to sit with your mates at big games, they allow you to buy tickets for big games, and allowing a situation where Hearts have no control over who gets the tickets is not acceptable. You could literally give one to a Hibs-supporting mate if you have no Hearts pals but fancy company at the game.

It's not a logical position to say you support the LP system but then advocate a policy where someone with 0 LPs could get a ticket for a semi-final/final while someone with 40-odd points misses out. At that stage, fans would be able to question the point of the LP system.

Season ticket holders looked after first, then use the LP system to sell the rest. I'd imagine this wouldn't require two specific stages, since no ST holders will be below 20 points. Do we have 21,000 over 20 points? I'd be surprised. 

Easy.

The point is no Hearts fan is ever ever missing out on a ticket for this semi-final regardless of how they sell the tickets! So they should just sell them in the most efficient and quickest way possible. Demand will not exceed supply. 

Cameronstheman
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

The point is no Hearts fan is ever ever missing out on a ticket for this semi-final regardless of how they sell the tickets! So they should just sell them in the most efficient and quickest way possible. Demand will not exceed supply. 

Yep 

michael_bolton
1 minute ago, Daveandal said:

Have to agree. Don't see why someone who can't get a season ticket for whatever reason but goes to as many games as possible is punished but someone random pal of a season ticket holder can go.

For openness, must declare my position here.

I'm a non-ST holder who will be on a minimum of 52 points by the time of the semi-final. If I don't get a ticket but some ST holder can take a mate that hasn't been for years, Hearts will be getting a proper strongly worded letter from me.

This is the way

i actually think we will sell out as well . Not something I normally say , but I think this is destined to be a good year one way or another . Group stages would be fantastic obviously , but a cup would be incredible 

michael_bolton
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

It will if you dish them out two per person.

We have a LP system. We should use it. What you're advicating is fundamentally unfair and will lead to tickets being untraceable. Given to Rangers fans, first-time attenders, sold for profit? Who knows.

Use the LP system.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

For openness, must declare my position here.

I'm a non-ST holder who will be on a minimum of 52 points by the time of the semi-final. If I don't get a ticket but some ST holder can take a mate that hasn't been for years, Hearts will be getting a proper strongly worded letter from me.

I'll get you a ticket if necessary  👍

There will be more than enough tickets to go around JFC.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3