Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Gorgie_Rules

Have the club announced when the points threshold will be lowered? Needs to be asap looking at sales.

Appreciate the need to lock out huns with having it not too low but need to consider any fans who have yet to build up a decent number of points/anyone who wants to bring mates along that can be potential future fans.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

PapaShango
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Have the club announced when the points threshold will be lowered? Needs to be asap looking at sales.

Appreciate the need to lock out huns with having it not too low but need to consider any fans who have yet to build up a decent number of points/anyone who wants to bring mates along that can be potential future fans.

There are still well over 2 weeks until the game, if the points come down then I don't think it will be before next week. Most Hearts fans that are intending to go will have got their tickets already, not many that are on less than 20 points won't have someone who can get them a ticket. 

Gorgie_Rules
13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

There are still well over 2 weeks until the game, if the points come down then I don't think it will be before next week. Most Hearts fans that are intending to go will have got their tickets already, not many that are on less than 20 points won't have someone who can get them a ticket. 

In which case there is no point in not reducing it now.

FarmerTweedy
On 31/03/2024 at 20:49, Paris 84 said:

Maybe we should just relax a bit. The difference between us and the rest of Scottish football (at this point) is that we can underwrite the cost of taking a 50/50 allocation (not always the case). There’s no way the SFA or the SPFL can NOT allow us to take up a 50/50 allocation under those circumstances. As long as we can guarantee to underwrite the tickets they really have no option but to agree to it. 

They've got plenty option!  If we have a few thousand empty seats in our end, there's no way they're going to give us a 50/50 split for future semis.  Whether we've covered the financial cost would be immaterial. 

Bob Loblaw
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I think it's true that a lot on less will have used others to get them tickets but I think there may also be a few who are under 20 waiting for a lower phase so they can get the LP's themselves. End of the day if you're under 20 you're probably looking you get points where you can in the event of a possible final.

Not saying huge numbers but definitely a few you'd think.

PapaShango
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

They've got plenty option!  If we have a few thousand empty seats in our end, there's no way they're going to give us a 50/50 split for future semis.  Whether we've covered the financial cost would be immaterial. 

Yeah they want a show piece game at the national stadium to be sold out. If this was Hibs we were playing it would be sold out already, its pretty obvious a lot in our support don't fancy games against the OF for numerous reasons. I know we haven't ever beaten them at Hampden but going to the 2012 semi final I didn't think we had a chance, its probably up there as one of the best games I've attended out with winning finals. This could be exactly the same and I would be gutted to miss out. 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think its a when not an if at this stage.

JH-HMFC

Would be interesting to see a poll on here to gauge things e.g.

(A) bought ticket already 

(B) waiting for next phase 

(C) can't afford/cant be arsed going 

Either way hopefully after a few more phases we'll be more or less there 

The Gorgie
14 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

Would be interesting to see a poll on here to gauge things e.g.

(A) bought ticket already 

(B) waiting for next phase 

(C) can't afford/cant be arsed going 

Either way hopefully after a few more phases we'll be more or less there 

JKB is such a small percentage of our support It wouldn't really tell us anything.

PapaShango

5+ points tomorrow and 2 per account. That should shift a few going by some on here. 

scottg71

Our resident 4 pointer still can’t get a ticket 🤣🤣

Luckies1874
On 01/04/2024 at 11:36, Luckies1874 said:

Personally I believe that the first stage was a decent one, it’s now up to them to lower the points threshold (I believe to 5 LP’s and offer the same 2 tickets). 

:jjyay:

30 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

5+ points tomorrow and 2 per account. That should shift a few going by some on here. 

Had a season ticket for 20+ years  up to 3 years ago.

Now sitting with 5 loyalty points and it won't let me buy a ticket for the semi

Wtf is that about , seriously  ? 

RustyRightPeg
34 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

image.png.81b0cd3fc77ffff605e1d1983630146c.png

That'll do the trick.

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You won't be able to get one until 10am tomorrow when they go on sale. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:jjyay:

Self praise is no praise at all. 😎

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Self praise is no praise at all. 😎

:laugh:  

karipidis

Around 15k sold according to the Twitter post. Probably looking about 18k all in. 

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Around 15k sold according to the Twitter post. Probably looking about 18k all in. 

Its pretty decent going to be fair, hopefully this is the push to get close to 20k. I don't think we will sell them all but will be decent to get close to it. 

Jambo-Fox

Get the majority of G2 sold out asap and then get another unsold section opened.

20 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You need to wait until tomorrow. 

Fxxx the SPFL

If this was the final we’d sell every ticket hopefully we sell this out could be embarrassing if we don’t and losing the club money and possibly jeopardise future allocation 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

If this was the final we’d sell every ticket hopefully we sell this out could be embarrassing if we don’t and losing the club money and possibly jeopardise future allocation 

yup.  Basically what I said on page 1.

we do not have a strong history with semi finals against the old firm.

recent defeats to rangers don’t help 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yup.  Basically what I said on page 1.

we do not have a strong history with semi finals against the old firm.

recent defeats to rangers don’t help 

Agree I’m sure the Beattie semi we only had 12k at it

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

Our resident 4 pointer still can’t get a ticket 🤣🤣

Everyone on the lookout for him at the livi game if we've not sold out by then :yes:

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Everyone on the lookout for him at the livi game if we've not sold out by then :yes:

Waving a GSTK tea towel ?

Shooter McGavin

Going to be weird seeing around 2/3 empty sections splitting our support up.

Hopefully a big push tomorrow with the new LP threshold.

In preparation for tomorrow morning - what's regarded as the best sections to choose (if available) ?

TIA

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

SVVGw.gif

Scott Leitch

Kind of makes a mockery of people not being able to buy a ticket at Tynie against Rangers or Celtic this 5 point thing! 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Kind of makes a mockery of people not being able to buy a ticket at Tynie against Rangers or Celtic this 5 point thing! 

Reckon the thinking is that maybe some 'gers will get through the net for this, given there's thousands of seats, but at Tynie, there's never many empty seats, so there should be Hearts Fans with 15 LPs

They do know how many points everyone has, after all 🤔

Luckies1874
44 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Indeed. 

Think they've realised it was going to cost them a couple hundred grand if they didn't do something a little drastic! Be interesting to see the uptake tomorrow, have a feeling it will be quite decent again for 24-48 hrs. 

JimmyCant
4 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

JKB is such a small percentage of our support It wouldn't really tell us anything.

When was that survey done ? What were the numbers ?

kingantti1874

18k would have been enough.  Taking the full allocation ST holder should have been allowed 2 per ST 

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Probably arrive on a white horse so look for one of those tied up outside the ground.

The Gorgie
47 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

When was that survey done ? What were the numbers ?

The last poll, hibs allocation, got little over 800 total votes. Small percentage of our support 👍🏻

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, BRY said:

In preparation for tomorrow morning - what's regarded as the best sections to choose (if available) ?

TIA

If going on your own, even if there are two of you as adults I would do that and try and grab singles in D1 to D3 or high in the South Stand I think it is I so grab two there or again singles if not any doubles available.  You will have pre and post game with yer mate fur the banter.  If going with a young one then probably try higher up in any of the G sections I guess but that would be my last choice.

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

18k would have been enough.  Taking the full allocation ST holder should have been allowed 2 per ST 

Surely that was the case? A ST holder is automatically on a minimum of 20 Loyalty Points?

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Surely that was the case? A ST holder is automatically on a minimum of 20 Loyalty Points?

Season ticket holders should of been allowed upto 4,and first dibs again if we make final.

Around 15k sold so far allegedly.

Can't call out the club about wanting to win and challenge etc,then bottle it to buy a ticket, because it's them we are playing.

Fans need to back the club on this and do the right thing.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Season ticket holders should of been allowed upto 4,and first dibs again if we make final.

Around 15k sold so far allegedly.

Can't call out the club about wanting to win and challenge etc,then bottle it to buy a ticket, because it's them we are playing.

Fans need to back the club on this and do the right thing.

Hmmm not sure I agree with all that. 

I think the first stage was reasonable and we will now see how many more go with the LP's dropped from 20 to 5. There is still the opportunity for further stages too. 

Re calling "the club out the club about wanting to win and challenge", I would suggest that some who have not bought tickets would argue that our failure to even compete in this fixture over many years including several times very recently has been at the forefront of their decision not to attend. That until such time as we do have a side capable of at least laying a glove on them in Glasgow, why bother?! This wouldn't be my attitude as I'd be too worried that the one time I binned it we would win and witnessing results like the Celtic 2-1 semi, when they come around, is worth all the dire performances. 

Ricardo Quaresma
33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How about 5 per Account, for 20+ LPs?

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They were

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Totally agree. Tried to explain this on earlier pages but there are some who just don't grasp it and seem to be more intent on trying to justify their own non attendance rather than trying to promote tickets sales .We have 15.5k season ticket holders and 7 thousand on a waiting list. Hopefully we will get there.

Wee Mikey
58 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Still to get 4/5 no rush 

😎

Screenshot_20240402_193338_Google.jpg

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Agree I’m sure the Beattie semi we only had 12k at it

made a lot of noise though, especially at the end😬🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Cameronstheman
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

😎

Screenshot_20240402_193338_Google.jpg

Correct.. I waited in the Semi Hibs and the rangers final for tickets  and got cracking seats, hope i get lucky again 

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Correct.. I waited in the Semi Hibs and the rangers final for tickets  and got cracking seats, hope i get lucky again 

Getting the best seats is something of a cross between art and science ...

We're currently in the very bestest seats.

🕺💃🕺

🤘

Screenshot_20240402_194322_Gallery.jpg