Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Will the tickets go to a lower threshold? I’ve got enough points to get me and the wife, but my old man and wee boy only have 4 loyalty points each.

Did you get sorted?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

No Idle Talk

It's fantastic to see people on here offering to buy tickets for fellow Jambos who may be in a difficult position financially and unable to attend the match for that reason. Things like that say much about the kind of supporters we have and it makes me proud to see it. Fair play to each of you who have extended this very generous offer. 

I really hope we can get all these tickets sold. The importance of it should not be underestimated. The organisers of this semi-final categorically did not want to give us a 50-50 split. We only got the 50-50 split because Hearts said they would pay for any unsold tickets. That is all fine and dandy this time. But if we beat Rangers, and end up playing Celtic in the final, it won't be fine and dandy then. It is unlikely we would get a 50-50 split for the final if we do not sell out for this match. That is the crux of the issue.

I know it's a Sunday. I know it's Rangers. I know times are tough. But if you can get there, please get there. 

Shaggy2
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's fantastic to see people on here offering to buy tickets for fellow Jambos who may be in a difficult position financially and unable to attend the match for that reason. Things like that say much about the kind of supporters we have and it makes me proud to see it. Fair play to each of you who have extended this very generous offer. 

I really hope we can get all these tickets sold. The importance of it should not be underestimated. The organisers of this semi-final categorically did not want to give us a 50-50 split. We only got the 50-50 split because Hearts said they would pay for any unsold tickets. That is all fine and dandy this time. But if we beat Rangers, and end up playing Celtic in the final, it won't be fine and dandy then. It is unlikely we would get a 50-50 split for the final if we do not sell out for this match. That is the crux of the issue.

I know it's a Sunday. I know it's Rangers. I know times are tough. But if you can get there, please get there. 

Why not? Historically the semi finals have had no bearing on allocations for the final. 
Have we entered a new era where this is suddenly a thing? If we have then that’ll be me done with Scottish football and we might as well just have an end of season bigotfest for the cup. 

Should one of Hearts/Aberdeen win the SFA must remain strong on this and go with previous allocations. 
The final is a totally different occasion to semi finals. For a start the date of the final is set in stone and anyone remotely interested in attending should their team reach that stage will make sure they’re able to attend.

With semi finals you don’t know the dates. When we beat Morton we only had 17 on our minibus but of those 17, two or three said they hoped it wasn’t the Saturday because they couldn’t attend and a similar number said the same about the Sunday. Four days later we found out.
Now if that’s a fair reflection across the entire fanbase then 10-15% say are unable to attend this for good reason. Those people will make the final should we be fortunate enough to make it and rightly so.

If as it looks we sell 19,000-20,000 of 21,000 there’s no reason to view that as anything other than success. 

Disser Pointon

Probably been answered already, but does a semi ticket guarantee a final ticket, should we progress? I'm away for the semi date and only have 4 loyalty points, but would happily buy a ticket through another supporter and donate it if it guaranteed a final ticket.

Edited by Disser Pointon

PapaShango
35 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Probably been answered already, but does a semi ticket guarantee a final ticket, should we progress? I'm away for the semi date and only have 4 loyalty points, but would happily buy a ticket through another supporter and donate it if it guaranteed a final ticket.

No never been mentioned and any final allocation will be done on loyalty points first with season ticket holders getting the priority. Hearts won’t change the loyalty points system for one game it’s the fairest way to do it. 

michael_bolton
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

No never been mentioned and any final allocation will be done on loyalty points first with season ticket holders getting the priority. Hearts won’t change the loyalty points system for one game it’s the fairest way to do it. 

They did in 2022. Anyone who attended the semi could buy a final ticket.

Doubt they'll do it this time as there are so many untraceable tickets due to the two per account thing, but they have done it before.

chrisyboy7
27 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Looks like there is than 2k to be sold . 

Thanks it's more...I'm sure there are upper sections in the south still to open..could be wrong

GBJambo
9 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Thanks it's more...I'm sure there are upper sections in the south still to open..could be wrong

No I don’t think we were allocated them. Remember we were only given 21k 

Libertarian

The Herald is claiming that we have only sold 16,000 tickets. I don't believe that and I'm still hopeful that we can sell out by the 21st.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24241932.hearts-billed-unsold-rangers-semi-final-tickets/

As of Monday, April 8, it's believed 16,000 tickets had been shifted by the Premiership's third-placed side.

So, with less than a fortnight to go until the big day, 5,000 have still to be sold - and so, the club will need to fork out for the briefs that are unaccounted for.

3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

it's believed 16,000 tickets had been shifted

Aye

brawlad74

Sales update from club might be helpful re media speculation. 

5 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Sales update from club might be helpful re media speculation. 

Comms have been pretty poor so far.

Jack Torrance
16 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

The Herald is claiming that we have only sold 16,000 tickets. I don't believe that and I'm still hopeful that we can sell out by the 21st.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24241932.hearts-billed-unsold-rangers-semi-final-tickets/

As of Monday, April 8, it's believed 16,000 tickets had been shifted by the Premiership's third-placed side.

So, with less than a fortnight to go until the big day, 5,000 have still to be sold - and so, the club will need to fork out for the briefs that are unaccounted for.

The paper formerly known as The Glasgow Herald. Looks like it's just regurgitating The Daily Record non story that came from a The Rangers blog, I believe.

Jack Torrance
4 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Comms have been pretty poor so far.

No point in making folks think we've sold enough. Keep the momentum going.

JH-HMFC

How many do we reckon each section holds roughly? 2.5 sections to go probably a long shot unless any further phase. Hopefully we at least get down to the last section. About 20 tickets currently light blue being sold

Hannibal
4 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

How many do we reckon each section holds roughly? 2.5 sections to go probably a long shot unless any further phase. Hopefully we at least get down to the last section. About 20 tickets currently light blue being sold

each section is around 900 tickets 

Shooter McGavin

Reckon we've sold around 18,500 tickets, still got around 2,500 tickets left to go.

Think each section holds around 1,000.

GBJambo
9 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

About 800 as they don’t sell the front 2 rows or back 2 rows 

Daveandal
17 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Just done the most back of a fag packet dot count. Take with a pinch of salt and a large margin of error.

Looks like about 2,760 left.

Meaning 18,240 sold.

Also a few light blue dots while in there so seats do seem to still be shifting.

Another back of a fag packet dot count. 

Looks like it's now 2,596 left meaning 18,404 sold.

Thats 164 from last night.

This is a very conservative estimate as I didn't count the two big sections this time but just used yesterday's figures so it's much more likely the sold figure it higher.

Comes with salt and caveats.

YemenRoad
33 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

there are 885 tickets in G1 not including the rows closed at the front. Around 2,100 left. 

Edited by YemenRoad

Deevers
5 minutes ago, YemenRoad said:

there are 885 tickets in G1 not including the rows closed at the front. Around 2,100 left. 

Over a week to go- the rest will all but sellout in that time.  The tears and snotters from the blue nosed media over this is hilarious. Anything to pander to the orcs.

Edited by Deevers

Skivingatwork
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

The paper formerly known as The Glasgow Herald. Looks like it's just regurgitating The Daily Record non story that came from a The Rangers blog, I believe.

Together with the Scotsman, the Glasgow Herald was at the forefront of journalism in Scotland, if not the UK. Once well respected titles that have been reduced to comics, spewing out tabloid sensationalism. Sad to see, really. 

colinmaroon
18 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Together with the Scotsman, the Glasgow Herald was at the forefront of journalism in Scotland, if not the UK. Once well respected titles that have been reduced to comics, spewing out tabloid sensationalism. Sad to see, really. 

It's so sad.  Quality broadsheet, now just another lemming MSM.

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

Go to laugh at the fact that for every publication that has picked this up from a Rangers site have kept the exact same wording. Clearly no attempt made to independently verify this themselves.

innerjambo

Media just love bad news, they salivate over it, thrive on it. They don't really care if it's factual, or not.

Let's get these tickets sold, and keep bumping this thread!!!

GBJambo

Funny thing is the media berating Hearts for not selling out and having to pay thousands could just galvanise the support to stick 2 fingers up and sell out 

Ricardo Quaresma

Didn't someone report that we got 21,600?

2,100 left means 19,500 sold

jambo89
10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Did you get sorted?

I'll get 2 tickets regardless, but will hopefully get sorted by this weekend for the other 2.

Edited by jambo89

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

total 💩💩💩💩💩

I messaged a few days back re. having less than the 5 LPs due to personal circumstances.

I messaged the ticket office and they looked at my history and have enabled me to buy 2 tickets. 

I thought I would share for those who were in a similar position and didn't meet the threshold but can prove a history in the past. 

See you at Hampden! 🇶🇦

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Didn't someone report that we got 21,600?

2,100 left means 19,500 sold

I'd factor in that it's possible not 100% of tickets have been made available. Hopefully they have but aware from our home games of some rows of seats getting released.

30 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I messaged a few days back re. having less than the 5 LPs due to personal circumstances.

I messaged the ticket office and they looked at my history and have enabled me to buy 2 tickets. 

I thought I would share for those who were in a similar position and didn't meet the threshold but can prove a history in the past. 

See you at Hampden! 🇶🇦

Far easier to moan on here about the ticket threshold rather than be proactive and see if they can help.  Well done getting sorted. 

troonmaroon
31 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd factor in that it's possible not 100% of tickets have been made available. Hopefully they have but aware from our home games of some rows of seats getting released.

I'd doubt we've released all as yet. Eg looks like we've not released bottom few rows of seats in east stand sections.

GBJambo
4 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

I'd doubt we've released all as yet. Eg looks like we've not released bottom few rows of seats in east stand sections.

They are never sold due to the pish view 

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

They are never sold due to the pish view 

Pish view or pitch view? 😄

jamboozy
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Pish view or pitch view? 😄

It’s a pish pitch view, but just don’t try to say it when you’re pished 👍

SkabalaJam

I only have 1 loyalty point. Contacted the ticket office last night who looked at my history and could see I had attended many games over the years and have updated my account so that I can purchase. Perhaps those in a similar position to myself could do likewise. I suspect there will be no general sale and Hearts are keen to ensure only hearts fans can get into out section

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

As someone wrote up there, they might well be left unsold

I can tell you that the 2 big sections left started with 837 seats each :yes:👍

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, SkabalaJam said:

I only have 1 loyalty point. Contacted the ticket office last night who looked at my history and could see I had attended many games over the years and have updated my account so that I can purchase. Perhaps those in a similar position to myself could do likewise. I suspect there will be no general sale and Hearts are keen to ensure only hearts fans can get into out section

I posted this days ago; you don't ask, you don't get a decision 👍

I'd be stunned if you didn't get a single

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Funny thing is the media berating Hearts for not selling out and having to pay thousands could just galvanise the support to stick 2 fingers up and sell out 

It's been said several times, we will not "lose" any money, we will just make less money, still a positive!

Doc Rob

Unfortunately I really can’t make this one. It’s the Sunday KO. I can’t realistically do a semi in Glasgow on Sunday afternoon and start a shift in Wales at 8am on Monday. Not without being utterly knackered, anyway.

1 hour ago, kev23 said:

See you at Hampden! 🇶🇦

Well done!   You don't get, if you don't ask, sometimes.   Seems reasonable to me.  

:jambobanana:

Doc Rob

I have a strong suspicion that a narrative is being established here (that Hearts couldn’t sell all of their tickets) and that this will be used as justification for not giving us a 50:50 split for the final, should we make it there.

innerjambo

If we keep snapping up what's left, we can shove it right up the media. Let's get these tickets sold.

Hectormasson
7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

If we keep snapping up what's left, we can shove it right up the media. Let's get these tickets sold.

ditto🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Jambo-Fox
2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

ditto🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Ditto ditto 🇶🇦 🇱🇻 🇶🇦 🇱🇻 

♥️H♥️H♥️G♥️H

Edited by Jambo-Fox