Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure why you’re getting in such a state about something so trivial?! 
🤷‍♂️

It would be totally trivial normally, but the Rangers media have turned it into a battle about future 50/50 splits, even for finals. It's become 'a story'. It just isn't as trivial as it should be, largely because of Hearts' bullish stance on the issue. And also because of this sort of b*ll*x:

Tam McManus has brutally mocked Hearts over their fears of a bill for the failure to sell all tickets for the Scottish Cup semi-final with Rangers. The Jambos face a six-figure bill from the SFA if they are unable to sell their remaining briefs for the upcoming clash which is believed to sit at around 5000. The club demanded an even 50/50 split with Gers supporters and vowed to foot the amount if they failed to shift the tickets. But after that news emerged that they're still not any closer to selling out, former Hibs attacker McManus could not resist a jab at his old rivals and their supposed "big club" tag. He took to social media to say: "Is this the same Hearts that have a massive waiting list for season tickets? The big team? Surely not," accompanied by a laughing emoji.

I actually think 16k+ with 11 days to go is not too bad (although I'd like to know whether it is actually 18k+!). Either way, it's a lot more than Hibs would sell, Tam.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

GinRummy

The weegie media trying to ensure a 50/50 split doesn’t happen again. Filthy ****ers and slime balls the lot of them. 

Come on jambos, if you can go and can afford it get buying. 

Newton51
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Either that or it's a smart ploy from the club to make folk get their finger out

I think it’s this. Not convinced this is the exact number but help get the message out we need more sales 

Anyone know what our allocation would have been had Rangers got  the whole  of the North Stand ? 

No Idle Talk
27 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

I and others have bought and donated tickets to Big Hearts I agree it’s fantastic to see our support pull together and helping others 

Fair play to you. I am sure you will have made someone's day. 👏

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The article doesn't say much different - just the word 'especially' rather than 'most'. I've said above that I don't think Joel is lying, I think the cause of the confusion lies with Hearts (whether it's accidental or a ploy to boost sales).

Joel still hasn't told us where this 5,000 availability is, despite his claim of 'clarity'.

Why don’t you just ask the Ticket Office?

...andFulton'sBaggio

For a whole host of reasons, I've not been able to make it to as many games this year as in previous seasons. Will the remaining semifinal tickets eventually go to a general sale, ie those with a purchase history but currently sitting below the points threshold?

Daveandal

Joel is right that some tickets are not for sale. A few rows at the front and back behind the goal for example. But even a very generous say 750 are NFS than we'd still be over 17,000 IMO.

I think it's correct information at a certain time being reported when it is no longer accurate.

GinRummy
4 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

For a whole host of reasons, I've not been able to make it to as many games this year as in previous seasons. Will the remaining semifinal tickets eventually go to a general sale, ie those with a purchase history but currently sitting below the points threshold?

Send me a DM and I’ll get you a ticket or two when I’m picking up my season tickets on Saturday. Seen you posting over the years so I trust you’re not a hun. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Clickbait from Joel 😄

Seems a reasonable explanation but won’t stop the JKB conspiracists!

Clerry Jambo
52 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It would be totally trivial normally, but the Rangers media have turned it into a battle about future 50/50 splits, even for finals. It's become 'a story'. It just isn't as trivial as it should be, largely because of Hearts' bullish stance on the issue. And also because of this sort of b*ll*x:

Tam McManus has brutally mocked Hearts over their fears of a bill for the failure to sell all tickets for the Scottish Cup semi-final with Rangers. The Jambos face a six-figure bill from the SFA if they are unable to sell their remaining briefs for the upcoming clash which is believed to sit at around 5000. The club demanded an even 50/50 split with Gers supporters and vowed to foot the amount if they failed to shift the tickets. But after that news emerged that they're still not any closer to selling out, former Hibs attacker McManus could not resist a jab at his old rivals and their supposed "big club" tag. He took to social media to say: "Is this the same Hearts that have a massive waiting list for season tickets? The big team? Surely not," accompanied by a laughing emoji.

I actually think 16k+ with 11 days to go is not too bad (although I'd like to know whether it is actually 18k+!). Either way, it's a lot more than Hibs would sell, Tam.

Hahahah tam McManus all time loser and just trying to be relevant……not

The Gorgie
53 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Brutally mocked 😂😂😂 jeez.

Doc Rob
4 hours ago, Shanks said:

They’ll all come crawling out the woodwork for a ticket when we make the final.  

I’m a lifelong fan but haven’t been to a game in 10 years because I’ve been looking after my sick dog, anyone got 5 tickets spare please? 

What, so a final and a chance of silverware is more attractive than a Sunday semi-final against a team that usually beats us comfortably? Hold the front page.

I could probably have gone if it had been on the Saturday. But it isn’t.

Skivingatwork

Tam McManus commenting on ticket sales at Hampden…short memory of his own team’s laughable sales at recent derbies through there.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Getting brutally mocked by Tam McManus, is like getting smacked full in the face by a feather.

We won't mention Hibs attendances at semi finals, especially ironically enough against Hearts.

luckydug
43 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Anyone know what our allocation would have been had Rangers got  the whole  of the North Stand ? 

Apparently the capacity of the North Stand is 9700.

so on a rough calculation 21k minus 4850 leaving 16150.

We would have sold out by now imo

The club have done the right thing in my view.

Another thing why should these ****ers get the best tickets all the time.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Apparently the capacity of the North Stand is 9700.

so on a rough calculation 21k minus 4850 leaving 16150.

We would have sold out by now imo

The club have done the right thing in my view.

Another thing why should these ****ers get the best tickets all the time.

Totally agree

Looks like there will definitely be more Hearts fans than the SFA wanted to allocate originally.

Would love it if JA or AB came out and said they were going to cover the cost of any unsold tickets on behalf of the club. 

That would noise up the Huns and Media even more 😂

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Totally agree

Looks like there will definitely be more Hearts fans than the SFA wanted to allocate originally.

Would love it if JA or AB came out and said they were going to cover the cost of any unsold tickets on behalf of the club. 

That would noise up the Huns and Media even more 😂

I am sure that there is a cunning plan, must be and have posted that a few times.  Fear not Jambos we will have the last laugh 🤣

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The weegie media trying to ensure a 50/50 split doesn’t happen again. Filthy ****ers and slime balls the lot of them. 

Come on jambos, if you can go and can afford it get buying. 

That is precisely what they are doing. Hopefully everyone on our end is wise to it and reacts accordingly by showing up on the day. 

I remain optimistic we can hit the 20000 mark. Do that and there is no case for not having a 50-50 split next time this situation arises. 

Gorgie_Rules

It is more likely that the club have closed off sections for sale that weren’t completely full, looks better if the support is spread out across the stands than big blocks shut. Its been mentioned already on the thread that the ‘event hosts’ and TV broadcasters have a say in this to make it not look as bad on the tele.

Alot of fans in denial, truth is there isn’t as much enthusiasm from the fanbase for the fixture as the club/many expect due to the likelihood of getting beat.

If we havent sold a big chunk in the upper and it’ll be empty we should cover it with a huge GIRFUY banner for all the huns who couldn’t get a ticket.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

It is more likely that the club have closed off sections for sale that weren’t completely full, looks better if the support is spread out across the stands than big blocks shut. Its been mentioned already on the thread that the ‘event hosts’ and TV broadcasters have a say in this to make it not look as bad on the tele.

Alot of fans in denial, truth is there isn’t as much enthusiasm from the fanbase for the fixture as the club/many expect due to the likelihood of getting beat.

If we havent sold a big chunk in the upper and it’ll be empty we should cover it with a huge GIRFUY banner for all the huns who couldn’t get a ticket.

There are several sections which have a handful of individual available seats dotted around, so I don't think that's the case.

Joel Sked seems like a really nice bloke and his heart is in the right place , I have not a shred of doubt in my mind he is Hearts to the core , but , as much as I like Hearts Standard , I find he stumbles a bit through reports and sometimes gets the words a bit mixed up . Not having a pop , as that would be very hypocritical considering my awful grammar and punctuation , but I would not be massively shocked to learn he had made a bit of a mistake with the numbers 

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Send me a DM and I’ll get you a ticket or two when I’m picking up my season tickets on Saturday. Seen you posting over the years so I trust you’re not a hun. 

DM'd!

Thanks!

Newton51
28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Joel Sked seems like a really nice bloke and his heart is in the right place , I have not a shred of doubt in my mind he is Hearts to the core , but , as much as I like Hearts Standard , I find he stumbles a bit through reports and sometimes gets the words a bit mixed up . Not having a pop , as that would be very hypocritical considering my awful grammar and punctuation , but I would not be massively shocked to learn he had made a bit of a mistake with the numbers 

I feel like he’s more like a fan than a journalist. More likely to toe the party line. Easy manipulated. Not likely to question numbers but to print word for word

EH11 2NL

Just don't understand why anyone wouldn't go because it's Rangers. We're very unlikely to get through to Hampden and not face either Celtic or Rangers, especially if we want to win it. So if that's your stance your very unlikely to ever be there to see us win a cup again. Yup they will be favourites, but what a day if we beat them. As the 15k or so found out in 2012 against Celtic. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

That did occur to me - but then I'd have thought a figure getting closer to selling out would make people more likely to hurry up and buy. You could make a case either way.

I wonder if they're thinking that we're definitely going to have a chunk of unsold tickets, and are trying to set expectations of a lot more unsold so that when the actual unsold amount on the day isn't as big as folk were led to expect, folk's reaction is relief rather than disappointment?  

Sooperstar
On 27/03/2024 at 16:34, Sooperstar said:

17k total sales will be my guess. 

On 27/03/2024 at 16:37, GBJambo said:

Less than the league cup semi? 

On 27/03/2024 at 16:53, chrisyboy7 said:

Also less than this weekends game lol

🤷

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Probably not officially, or at least probably not for online sales, as that would open it up to orcs who've at any point in the past bought a ticket in the home stands for any of our games, but I'm sure people in your boat will be able to go into the ticket office or phone them, and they'll be able to manually check your history and see you're a genuine Jambo, and will sell you tickets. In fact, I'm sure someone said earlier in the thread that they'd done this! 

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Tam McManus has brutally mocked Hearts over their fears of a bill for the failure to sell all tickets for the Scottish Cup semi-final with Rangers. 

Tam McManus just never learns does he.................. 

Celtic-Rangers Scottish Cup tifo denial 'explained' as Hearts fans reveal  huge display | The Scottish Sun

Hearts fans unveil huge tifo display as Hibs leave thousands of empty seats  at Hampden - Football Scotland

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Joel is right that some tickets are not for sale. A few rows at the front and back behind the goal for example. But even a very generous say 750 are NFS than we'd still be over 17,000 IMO.

I think it's correct information at a certain time being reported when it is no longer accurate.

I suspect the bit in bold is probably correct.  I reckon within the club there will be a certain figure which is decided on, which is to be used in all club statements, and by all staff, as the official club line on how many we've sold, and that figure will be updated from time to time (probably every few days), as and when the relevant senior staff member or manager decides it's time to update it.  The figure of around 16k is probably at least two or three days old, and I imagine at some point around the weekend, there may be a more up to date figure being mentioned. 

FarmerTweedy
13 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Tam McManus just never learns does he.................. 

Celtic-Rangers Scottish Cup tifo denial 'explained' as Hearts fans reveal  huge display | The Scottish Sun

Hearts fans unveil huge tifo display as Hibs leave thousands of empty seats  at Hampden - Football Scotland

You need to have at least some level of intelligence to be able to learn!

1971fozzy

Some having a go at Joel 🤣🤣🤣 Jesus wept this place . 
folk need to get a life ffs

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hahahah tam McManus all time loser and just trying to be relevant……not

irrelevant wee fudd,,,😬😬😬

Threedoorsdown
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

This is the most polite post I’ve read when one considers your effectively calling the guy abit of a ****** 😂

10 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

This is the most polite post I’ve read when one considers your effectively calling the guy abit of a ****** 😂

I really did not want it to seem that way . I genuinely like the guys work and I would probably like the man himself :D 

Threedoorsdown
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I really did not want it to seem that way . I genuinely like the guys work and I would probably like the man himself :D 

Aye he’s no bad for a thick ***** that Joel guy 😂

Ricardo Quaresma
51 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I suspect the bit in bold is probably correct.  I reckon within the club there will be a certain figure which is decided on, which is to be used in all club statements, and by all staff, as the official club line on how many we've sold, and that figure will be updated from time to time (probably every few days), as and when the relevant senior staff member or manager decides it's time to update it.  The figure of around 16k is probably at least two or three days old, and I imagine at some point around the weekend, there may be a more up to date figure being mentioned. 

I reckon that's about it and it means nobody's ass is in a sling, but I don't remember any snapshots of E-Tickets from the start of this thread that would indicate a discrepancy of 3,000+, could be wrong, though

That's almost 4 sections identical to G1

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added ', could be wrong, though'

1971fozzy

Bottom line is that alot of hearts fans have shit the bed and can’t  be arsed with going through. 
im getting another 3 tomorrow for friends who fancy experiencing a game ( not even football fans ). 
yet there will be so called hearts supporters not going

Ricardo Quaresma

6 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

That did occur to me - but then I'd have thought a figure getting closer to selling out would make people more likely to hurry up and buy. You could make a case either way.

I believe this is what it is looking like, unless, contrary to reports, there are blocks being held back

PapaShango

Anyone not going that can and then lambasting the team for shitting the bed if we get beat should be taking a long look in the mirror at their self. It’s not every year we get to Hampden I just don’t understand any Hearts fan not turning up for this. The same folk will be clambering about with the sob stories about how they deserve a ticket if we get to the final. 

SkabalaJam
4 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

I contacted the ticket office last night as I only had 1 loyalty point. They could see my ticket history and changed so I could purchase. Ended up buying 2!

Ricardo Quaresma

****, my membership on here is up :rofl:

geez a minute...

1971fozzy
19 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Anyone not going that can and then lambasting the team for shitting the bed if we get beat should be taking a long look in the mirror at their self. It’s not every year we get to Hampden I just don’t understand any Hearts fan not turning up for this. The same folk will be clambering about with the sob stories about how they deserve a ticket if we get to the final. 

the match thread will have a lot of these very people 

gregzy2k7
4 hours ago, Skivingatwork said:

Tam McManus commenting on ticket sales at Hampden…short memory of his own team’s laughable sales at recent derbies through there.

Says it all about that h1b5 pr1ck, small time in every way possible, a bit like hibs.

gregzy2k7

Tbh 

I will take 16k hearts fans attending and winning the match over 21k attending and getting pumped.

Really, Really hope we win!

Hope it's another day like the 2012 semi!!

Just for the sheer froth and meltdown aftermath from ranjurs!!