Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Polonia Gorgie said:

My first final I attended against them we got beat 5:1, my last final against them we didn't record a shot on goal, my last trip to Hampden we got beat 3:1. The sole reason I keep going is because we're due a result 😂😂

I feel your pain! I was at those finals - but my first was 1976, when they scored before 3 o'clock...

However, I was at Celtic Park in 1998 - and those are the days that make it all worthwhile.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Sked actually knew, I'm guessing he would have given us an exact figure, rather than what appears to be a guess 16000. Be remarkable if we had sold exactly 16000 on the dot

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

If he's a journo that gets inside scoops and the first thing he does is blab it all over the internet, I'd suspect the "scoops" would soon dry up.

How's it a blab though? He's a Hearts fan, what's he got to gain from talking pish? 😂

RustyRightPeg

Either that or it's a smart ploy from the club to make folk get their finger out

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If Sked actually knew, I'm guessing he would have given us an exact figure, rather than what appears to be a guess 16000. Be remarkable if we had sold exactly 16000 on the dot

Which was the same figure quoted on Monday. By Rangers News. And subsequently picked up by every publication from Le Monde to The Wall Street Journal.

As a journalist, I would expect him to maybe have one or two follow-up questions. Like "are all the sections now available?". If not, which ones are being held back? (and why) Maybe he will yet.

Dalstonjambo
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Either that or it's a smart ploy from the club to make folk get their finger out

I would suspect thats almost certainly what it is. 

GBJambo

16k doesn’t add up to what’s left to be sold 

No chance we have only sold 1k since the 15k announcement. 

Where’s the 5k seats . Even taking into account upper south , it doesn’t add up. 

Polonia Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I feel your pain! I was at those finals - but my first was 1976, when they scored before 3 o'clock...

However, I was at Celtic Park in 1998 - and those are the days that make it all worthwhile.

Surely we all feel each others pain!! 🇱🇻🇱🇻

My dad also attended the 76 cup final, my dad says that was quite a poor Hearts team.

I will never forget that magical weekend, I was buzzing from first thing, I could hardly watch the second half. Boy next to me basically cried the last ten minutes begging the ref to end it. Both cup parades we epic too. 

Jambo-Fox

So Joel Sked (who is not a Hearts employee) has Hearts inside information about ticket sales that he is ‘reporting on’!

He’s ’reporting’ the Hearts have sold 16,000 (out of 21,000) tickets for the semi final. He suggests the 5,000 remaining tickets left for sale are behind the goals in the East Stand that only holds 12,800 people!!

So this means c. 40% of Hearts allocation in the East Stand remains unsold …. really?

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That did occur to me - but then I'd have thought a figure getting closer to selling out would make people more likely to hurry up and buy. You could make a case either way.

hmfcbilly

If we've asked for 21k and only sold 16k so far then that's poor in my view. I get some folk can't make for various reasons, but with over 150k on the streets in 98, surely its not much to ask 15% of those to buy tickets for this game? Like others have said, we want to be considered a big club capable of closing the gap on old firm, we should be selling most, if not all of these tickets for a cup semi final. 

Jambo-Fox
3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Which was the same figure quoted on Monday. By Rangers News. And subsequently picked up by every publication from Le Monde to The Wall Street Journal.

As a journalist, I would expect him to maybe have one or two follow-up questions. Like "are all the sections now available?". If not, which ones are being held back? (and why) Maybe he will yet.

The mystery deepens … Rangers News ….. behind the goals, Joel Sked ….. 16,000 …

Surely not?

wentworth jambo

Rangers View - 16k sold - JKB reaction "Pish"....Record / Herald - 16k sold - JKB reaction "Pish"....a non Hearts employee "reports" 16k sold - JKB reaction "Embarrassing / 5shitebags / we'll get no tickets for the final 🙄

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So in other words, not all on sale yet?

I don’t know but I’d be really surprised if Hearts / the ticket office has given a well known Hearts supporting journalist duff info on something as straight forward as this.  We’ll soon find out I suppose. 

luckydug
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How's it a blab though? He's a Hearts fan, what's he got to gain from talking pish? 😂

As we all know Hearts Fans NEVER

talk pish. 🤭

wentworth jambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t know but I’d be really surprised if Hearts / the ticket office has given a well known Hearts supporting journalist duff info on something as straight forward as this.  We’ll soon find out I suppose. 

so you think it is just a coincidence that Rangers View / Record / Herald all reported the random 16k figure before Sked did ? And you think that having sold 15k over a week ago and before the LP threshhold was reduced, since then and a the reduced threshold and also additional tickets available to 20 LP holders, we've only sold another 1k ? I'm no journo like Sked, but these would have been the first questions I'd be asking...

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Well that helps!

Although I'd like to know where all this extra availability is.

And why the TO told folk there wasn't any.

38 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I’ll tell the wife, she will be pleased.😀 

:lol: 

It doesn't make sense for Hearts to hold tickets back at this stage which if not sold, they'll pay for. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

GBJambo

Why are Hearts holding back sections ?? 
Sked said all the unsold are in the east 

Theres no way there is 5k unsold tickets in the east 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, GBJambo said:

Why are Hearts holding back sections ?? 
Sked said all the unsold are in the east 

Theres no way there is 5k unsold tickets in the east 

He never said that.

GBJambo
Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

He never said that.

Ok he said “most” are behind the goals 

luckydug
Just now, Homme said:

Genuinely don't believe him :lol:

I'm doubtful as well.

Where are these missing sections. ?

Even if there are seats on the top deck not made available they don't come to any more than a thousand as the middle sections are hospitality etc.

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, GBJambo said:

Ok he said “most” are behind the goals 

Not quite. 

It could mean large swathes of empty seats, especially in the East Stand behind the goals, for what is a massive game in the calendar. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

He never said that.

"Most" are behind the goals is what he sad. Maybe he was guessing. 

GBJambo
1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Not quite. 

Think you need to reread his tweet 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Not quite. 

His tweet:

"As things stand, Hearts have sold 16k of their 21k allocation for the semi-final. Most of those unsold are behind the goals."

GBJambo
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm doubtful as well.

Where are these missing sections. ?

Even if there are seats on the top deck not made available they don't come to any more than a thousand as the middle sections are hospitality etc.

Yep and with a 21k allocation I don’t think we were even allocated upper south other than what’s already been sold/ remaining 

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

His tweet:

"As things stand, Hearts have sold 16k of their 21k allocation for the semi-final. Most of those unsold are behind the goals."

So just disregard the the article then? 😄 

I'm sure if he's a big liar Hearts will release a statement shortly clarifying he's a liar and we have intact sold 19,000 tickets.

wentworth jambo
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'm sure if he's a big liar Hearts will release a statement shortly clarifying he's a liar and we have intact sold 19,000 tickets.

So just disregard his tweet then ? 😄

Edited by wentworth jambo

FarmerTweedy
On 09/04/2024 at 13:24, Daveandal said:

Over the years I have seen some amazing "differences of opinion" between Hearts fans.

It's not always around musical taste either. 

In a twisted way I think it's a strength. We're not all sheep. We are all individuals who happen to support Heart of Midlothian.

I'm not.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The article doesn't say much different - just the word 'especially' rather than 'most'. I've said above that I don't think Joel is lying, I think the cause of the confusion lies with Hearts (whether it's accidental or a ploy to boost sales).

Joel still hasn't told us where this 5,000 availability is, despite his claim of 'clarity'.

Hackney Hearts
9 minutes ago, Donald Ford said:

Are sections G3 and G6 on sale yet?

G3 has definitely been on sale, I've seen random blue dots on there.

Not sure about G6.

hughesie27
32 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well that helps!

Although I'd like to know where all this extra availability is.

And why the TO told folk there wasn't any.

The TO are telling folk they're aren't any because you can't currently buy them as those sections aren't for sale. They wo t be until we sell out the East I'd imagine. Poor communication/wording but also coming 2nd or 3rd hand won't help clarity either. 

Hungry hippo

Whilst I find it odd if around 5,000 are unsold I also would have expected Hearts to have tweeted if we'd have sold much more than the 16k figure that has been quoted.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Whilst I find it odd if around 5,000 are unsold I also would have expected Hearts to have tweeted if we'd have sold much more than the 16k figure that has been quoted.

Unless (as some have suggested) it's a strategy to encourage people to get the finger out and buy tickets.

Hackney Hearts
36 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The TO are telling folk they're aren't any because you can't currently buy them as those sections aren't for sale. They wo t be until we sell out the East I'd imagine. Poor communication/wording but also coming 2nd or 3rd hand won't help clarity either. 

Probably. Although "are there any sections not open for sale yet?" is kind of a yes/no answer, I'd have thought.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

His tweet:

Most of those (unsold 5k) could be 2501, and that could well be the case, as the that is what most were guessing were left to be sold yesterday.  Who knows really.

Main thing is those ***** dont have the North stand D sections.

:pleasingao:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Daveandal

I think we are in one of these classic situations where Joel has probably been told something but hasn't really understood it.

Hearts probably receive or carry out an official tickets sold update every couple of days. His contact will have told him what that said. It probably was 16,000ish. It's more now.

As for the comments re dot counting, again he is technically correct seats are held back for various reasons. A new chuck have appeared in G4 today for example. But all sections have been on sale for a few days meaning you can do finger in the air estimate on seats sold.

On that note. With all the caveats in place.  I think there are 2552 left meaning 18,448 sold.

That is 44 more sold since I did my late morning count.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, wentworth jambo said:

If he's a journo that gets inside scoops and the first thing he does is blab it all over the internet, I'd suspect the "scoops" would soon dry up.

If Hearts give info about ticket sales to a journalist I don’t think it would be covered by the Official Secrets Act!  Ticket sales is hardly an inside scoop anyway, especially given the club had already made a public statement about how many had been sold and it’s pretty normal procedure.  Not sure why you’re getting in such a state about something so trivial?! 🤷‍♂️

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

But all sections have been on sale for a few days meaning you can do finger in the air estimate on seats sold.

If this is true, then you don't have to count every single dot to tell that there's nothing like 5,000 left for sale. The club may hold back small chunks for certain eventualities, but surely not 3,000+!

16k ☺ 

Well it's certainly going to wind afew people up or in.   Either way, I've got my ticket.   Big bad Hearts 😂 

durhamhearts
16 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's fantastic to see people on here offering to buy tickets for fellow Jambos who may be in a difficult position financially and unable to attend the match for that reason. Things like that say much about the kind of supporters we have and it makes me proud to see it. Fair play to each of you who have extended this very generous offer. 

I really hope we can get all these tickets sold. The importance of it should not be underestimated. The organisers of this semi-final categorically did not want to give us a 50-50 split. We only got the 50-50 split because Hearts said they would pay for any unsold tickets. That is all fine and dandy this time. But if we beat Rangers, and end up playing Celtic in the final, it won't be fine and dandy then. It is unlikely we would get a 50-50 split for the final if we do not sell out for this match. That is the crux of the issue.

I know it's a Sunday. I know it's Rangers. I know times are tough. But if you can get there, please get there. 

I and others have bought and donated tickets to Big Hearts I agree it’s fantastic to see our support pull together and helping others 

Mister T
3 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Not if some put on a false moustache, dark glasses, and go around twice!!

:sadrobbo: 

I never thought of that. But a good way to reduce the fine.

:robbo: