Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Philfigo
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Sorry mate, the prescription bit was just kidding, forgot to stick on a 😉 or 🤣!

It's fine lol, just thought I had nailed by a member of the grammar police on here. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Philfigo
41 minutes ago, Slim1874 said:

A good walk buddy, used to do it for Scotland games, straight down Castlemilk Road and along Curtis Avenue.

Although up through the park and down Carmunnock road works too

Any of the side roads off of Castlemilk Road (the part closer to Hampden than Castlemilk) is a good bet.

Anytime we are through now, I head along King's Park avenue turn right up past King's Park PS and find a space there. 

Aye it is, but it gets you out the traffic as you just end up sitting not moving so walking is faster lol. Sometimes park at the Bankhead Road area but again about a 1 mile walk to Hampden. 

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, dc-jambo said:

Ah thanks, that makes more sense. 

Although I hope folks taking this up are aware of the time it’ll take to get out of the hampden car park … 😮

Are the hospitality buses parking in the Hampden car park or another one?

Is it the car park outside the South Stand?
Can you easily get from that carpark to the East ‘Terrace’?

Asking for a friend!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

JAMBO.LOU
3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Spoke to them again? Aren’t they closed till Tuesday 

they are closed until tuesday   I know the person on a personal level.   

JAMBO.LOU
3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I thought F6, F7 & G1 are behind the goal?

they are - however they will not be released for sae until G2 and G3 have sold a lot more tickets

I was speaking to a friend today who works in the ticket office as I am donating tickets to fans who have fallen on hard times.

they said not a single ticket has been released in F6, F7, & G1  - I asked if they had been held back for hospitality and was told no - the hospitality seats had been allocated already.

no need to make anything up - was just passing on what I was told. 

Jambo-Fox
49 minutes ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

they are - however they will not be released for sae until G2 and G3 have sold a lot more tickets

I was speaking to a friend today who works in the ticket office as I am donating tickets to fans who have fallen on hard times.

they said not a single ticket has been released in F6, F7, & G1  - I asked if they had been held back for hospitality and was told no - the hospitality seats had been allocated already.

no need to make anything up - was just passing on what I was told. 

Ah ok understood what you meant, they are going to sell the tickets behind the goal that are currently on sale before they release the tickets in any other sections (ie G1 & F6&7) behind the goal for sale.

Think that was always the plan, that most understood.

Are you buying an entire section 😉?

Well done for buying any tickets at all (even 2) and donating them 👏👏👏

Jeez, through some bad planning I ended up booking a trip to Madrid that coincides with the SF.  I can't even post to ask where can I watch the SF in Madrid, as I'll be travelling home on the day of the SF.

JAMBO.LOU
9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Ah ok understood what you meant, they are going to sell the tickets behind the goal that are currently on sale before they release the tickets in any other sections (ie G1 & F6&7) behind the goal for sale.

Think that was always the plan, that most understood.

Are you buying an entire section 😉?

Well done for buying any tickets at all (even 2) and donating them 👏👏👏

I wish I could afford to buy a full section!    I have, through a fb post, been put in contact with a few fans who would have bought tickets but just ant afford them.  I have sorted out a few of them - then others have stepped in to buy tickets for others.

I tried to start a separate post on here to see if anyone else would like to donate tickets to those less fortunate but the only replies I got were about buses to hampden!!!  

jamboozy
2 hours ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

I wish I could afford to buy a full section!    I have, through a fb post, been put in contact with a few fans who would have bought tickets but just ant afford them.  I have sorted out a few of them - then others have stepped in to buy tickets for others.

I tried to start a separate post on here to see if anyone else would like to donate tickets to those less fortunate but the only replies I got were about buses to hampden!!!  

Well done Lou, I take both my hat and socks to you.👏👍

Clear few
2 hours ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

This is exactly where i’m at.

Bad planning and in Spain, flying back on the Sunday.

Understandably my 85 y/o dad isn’t heading to Hampdump on his own if I’m not going so that 2 season ticket holders not attending.

Not on pusbook so what to do, would happily buy a couple of tickets for fans who are financially struggling.

Thoughts? 

132goals1958
17 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

The hospitality is at tynecastle. Transport to Hampden and ticket included. 

Taking advantage of this. League cup semi final the police moved our bus from the original parking spot to Polmodie . Wandering around for an hour trying to find it. Not good for me at my stage of life. .

Looks like we're at very low 800's for the tickets on sale at the minute 810-820.

Le Chat

All sections on sale now.

image.thumb.png.1cd4525822b844d415e2ead8f03655d1.png

Edited by Le Chat

Tynecastlesmychurch
2 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Wonder how many we’ve sold so far? Must be around 17k if that’s rest on sale now?

Jambo-Fox
17 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

image.thumb.png.1cd4525822b844d415e2ead8f03655d1.png

Yeah!  That’s great news! Heading towards a sell out now!

Jambo-Fox

I wonder if there will be a phase 3 of sale’s announced.

Perhaps reduce points required to purchase further or increase number of tickets allowed for those previously eligible to purchase through ph1 & ph2?

Thumperbeni

A convincing win and performance this weekend and Shankland amongst the goals will see a surge in sales this weekend, we may not sell out completely but it will be closer than most folk predicted 💪

Edited by Thumperbeni

Shooter McGavin

Not looking too shabby now. Around 3 sections worth of seats left to sell, hopefully put a fair dent in that in the next week.

GinRummy
23 minutes ago, kila said:

Why didn't they release the seats behind the goal at the start?

A total guess but maybe they thought they’d try and sell more of  the 40 quid tickets before the £30 ones. Less financial loss if we didn’t sell out?

This is My Story Podcast
28 minutes ago, kila said:

The event organisers and the governing body dictate that the “TV arc” is sold first. So from the half way line to past the corner flags. I’d then imagine the club sold the dearest tickets after that so that if we didn’t sell out, we reduce the amount we owe. 

Looking like we might just get to a sell out.

🇱🇻♥️

19 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Although I hope folks taking this up are aware of the time it’ll take to get out of the hampden car park … 😮

I did this the last semi in the LC and it was fine . Barely took much time 

davemclaren
Just now, Sooks said:

Yip.  Virtually straight out the bus park.  

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yeah!  That’s great news! Heading towards a sell out now!

Is that all that is left in total ? If so then that is going to be a sell out . Not a doubt in my mind 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip.  Virtually straight out the bus park.  

That is why I chose to do it again this time Dave . I am now at the point where I would rather just pay a little more and have all the messing around taken away . That bloody walk from Hampden to central station is a pain in the hole . This way I just turn up when and where I am told and I let someone else do the work :lol: 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The first year they did it, think it was the Celtic final it took ages. Celtic buses actually beat us out after they'd celebrated etc. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

The first year they did it, think it was the Celtic final it took ages. Celtic buses actually beat us out after they'd celebrated etc. 

They seem to have sorted out the teething problems then hopefully . There were a fair few of our buses too . If it is anything at all like earlier in the season then I can not recommend this highly enough :) 

This is My Story Podcast
53 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The event organisers and the governing body dictate that the “TV arc” is sold first. So from the half way line to past the corner flags. I’d then imagine the club sold the dearest tickets after that so that if we didn’t sell out, we reduce the amount we owe. 

Looking like we might just get to a sell out.

🇱🇻♥️

Ignore the last part of this. We are miles away from a sell out as it’ stands. Am sure the club will share exact numbers soon but very disappointing to be so far away. Be more people at the Livi game this weekend in tynie than we are currently taking to our show piece semi. 

If people are in a position to, the club needs you to buy tickets. This will be the last time for the foreseeable any side playing the old firm at Hampden will have 50/50 ticket splits, including finals. The club choose to fight this fight in the hope that our fans would back them and show up in numbers, hence the two ticket per account approach. If we make the final, we won’t get 50/50 split. The club had to fight tooth and nail to get 50/50 for this game. And it’s going to cost them a large sum of money and it’s going to cost us tickets for the final should we get there. 

It’s not outwith the realms of possibility that we can get to a sell out but we need to see some real momentum with ticket sales. A good win vs Livi and Rangers chucking some points will defo help. 

gordon simpson
19 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

will be great sing song on the bus after game then back to Tynie  ,time will fly HHGH

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Ignore the last part of this. We are miles away from a sell out as it’ stands. Am sure the club will share exact numbers soon but very disappointing to be so far away. Be more people at the Livi game this weekend in tynie than we are currently taking to our show piece semi. 

If people are in a position to, the club needs you to buy tickets. This will be the last time for the foreseeable any side playing the old firm at Hampden will have 50/50 ticket splits, including finals. The club choose to fight this fight in the hope that our fans would back them and show up in numbers, hence the two ticket per account approach. If we make the final, we won’t get 50/50 split. The club had to fight tooth and nail to get 50/50 for this game. And it’s going to cost them a large sum of money and it’s going to cost us tickets for the final should we get there. 

It’s not outwith the realms of possibility that we can get to a sell out but we need to see some real momentum with ticket sales. A good win vs Livi and Rangers chucking some points will defo help. 

Well you changed your mind very quickly!

Any team that wants 50/50 for a final will get it BTW.

132goals1958

Absolutely no way a final should be anything other than an even split. Get what you’re saying about the semi final non take up but the showpiece is a different story altogether. Perhaps future semifinal might be weighted but if they ever prioritise one club in a final then it’s a big step too far. 

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, kila said:

this.  Really annoying. Hopefully we sell out but that area (if it doesn’t) doesn’t look good. I’d imagine folk would just spread out in these sections tbf

1971fozzy

Possibly the club can give away any unsold tickets to fill although travel is expensive

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That is why I chose to do it again this time Dave . I am now at the point where I would rather just pay a little more and have all the messing around taken away . That bloody walk from Hampden to central station is a pain in the hole . This way I just turn up when and where I am told and I let someone else do the work :lol: 

Can't argue with that. 

This is My Story Podcast
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well you changed your mind very quickly!

Any team that wants 50/50 for a final will get it BTW.

I sure did. I spent an hour counting dots 😂Got all happy that we looked like we were heading for a sell out, then had a reality check…..am sure there will be comms about ticket sales etc soon from the club. Happy to revisit after that. 

I can assure you that your last sentence is no longer the case am afraid, sadly. What we have to hope for, is that even tho we haven’t sold all our tickets, the option given to us for this semi is given to us for the final, should we get there. 

The above is against the old firm by the way. Should we get Aberdeen, it’ll be 50/50 no question asked. But the broadcasters, event organisers and the governing body don’t want our show piece games, that are broadcast around the world to be empty. And if the old firm get to Hampden, sadly, they’ll sell out any amount of tickets, at any time, at any price on any day. So they will always be pandered too. Aberdeen got told they didn’t have good historic sales so they weren’t getting 50/50. As it stands, am not sure they’ve even sold 8k tickets yet. They were given the same option as us, pay for what you don’t sell. They said no, we said yes. We identified as a club what is going on, what has been going on over the last years in relation to ticket splits at Hampden, and decided to fight. Hopefully once the dust has settled, the club will maybe publicise some

of the conversations had and how the conversations went. 

This is My Story Podcast
9 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Absolutely no way a final should be anything other than an even split. Get what you’re saying about the semi final non take up but the showpiece is a different story altogether. Perhaps future semifinal might be weighted but if they ever prioritise one club in a final then it’s a big step too far. 

That’s the stance of the club as well. But they have had to fight over the last few years against broadcasters, event organisers and the governing body for 50:50 ticket splits, for semis and finals. I think the club took a stance this time because the narrative around your sentiment for the show piece games in our season has slowly been shifting. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I can assure you that your last sentence is no longer the case am afraid, sadly. What we have to hope for, is that even tho we haven’t sold all our tickets, the option given to us for this semi is given to us for the final, should we get there. 

How can you assure me of that? Any team that is ABLE to sell 50% of available tickets (21k?) for a Scottish Cup final (against whoever) must have that right. There's no reason to change that.

Semi-finals are a different matter altogether, and sales should have no bearing on finals. Even the OF don't always sell out their allocation for semis (eg Celtic vs us in 2012) - in their own city!

Fozzyonthefence
38 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

If we make the final, we won’t get 50/50 split. 

You’ve just made that up based on nothing.   History says you’re wrong,  the SFA’s own stance says you’re wrong.  Far too much pants wetting on this thread!

This is My Story Podcast
7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

How can you assure me of that? Any team that is ABLE to sell 50% of available tickets (21k?) for a Scottish Cup final (against whoever) must have that right. There's no reason to change that.

Semi-finals are a different matter altogether, and sales should have no bearing on finals. Even the OF don't always sell out their allocation for semis (eg Celtic vs us in 2012) - in their own city!

This has been an ongoing fight for a while but over the last few seasons as the SFA/SPFL has struggled for sponsors for our competitions and historic poor turn outs by any fanbase not the old firm, the pressure has been amplified. I 100% agree with what you are saying, it should always be 50/50. But this season is the first time that wasn’t even discussed as first option. 18k, which we sold for the league cup semi was the first figure offered. Then it became a battle to get to 50/50. Aberdeen folded and accepted the small allocation, Hearts fought.  If we make the final, let’s see what’s offered. 

This is My Story Podcast
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’ve just made that up based on nothing.   History says you’re wrong,  the SFA’s own stance says you’re wrong.  Far too much pants wetting on this thread!

Okay. Let’s make the final and see. 

eggyg1874

@JAMBO.LOU, i missed any alternative post about donating tickets, i am away for the SF, but would like to donate the 2 tickets i would have bought to someone who would appreciate it and doesn't have the means to get them themselves

Please let me know how i can help you get tickets to you to distribute

1971fozzy
12 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

only Hearts and (maybe) Aberdeen and Hibs can sell 50% for a final against the old firm

luckydug
39 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Has there been any notification about a change of policy for cup finals or it just an opinion that Hearts and Aberdeen won't get a 50/50 split if either reach the final against OF opposition.

There is no doubt both Hearts and Dons would sell out for a final.

No matter who is involved in the final it will be a sell out anyway.

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

That’s the stance of the club as well. But they have had to fight over the last few years against broadcasters, event organisers and the governing body for 50:50 ticket splits, for semis and finals. I think the club took a stance this time because the narrative around your sentiment for the show piece games in our season has slowly been shifting. 

Can you show us evidence of a broadcaster saying they don’t want a 50/50 ticket split for a Hearts v Rangers or Hearts v Celtic final please?  Why would a broadcaster want more Rangers or Celtic fans at a final?  

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, eggyg1874 said:

@JAMBO.LOU, i missed any alternative post about donating tickets, i am away for the SF, but would like to donate the 2 tickets i would have bought to someone who would appreciate it and doesn't have the means to get them themselves

Please let me know how i can help you get tickets to you to distribute

portobellojambo1
20 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

No idea what criteria was used for our semi final but we were given a 50/50 split. However, we are nowhere near close to selling our 50% share, although there are still a few days to go to the match. Most of our tickets went on day one of sales, 10,000, something the club broadcast on every media outlet available but have made no comment on the pretty dismal sales since then. And if we don't sell out our full percentage, which we have to pat for, then that will be taken into account should we reach the final and meet Celtic.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

only Hearts and (maybe) Aberdeen and Hibs can sell 50% for a final against the old firm

Not sure that’s correct.   Even Killie v Falkirk got 49,000.

And only maybe Aberdeen?  They took 40k to a League Cup final recently.   Obviously not against Rangers or Celtic but they would easily sell out a final.