Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

No Idle Talk

I must admit I find our marketing of the semi final tickets fascinating. 'Do it for the badge'!

It's almost as though the club statement and ensuing outrage of the last few days have all been a ruse to get folk riled up about Rangers so they will buy a ticket for the semi and we can sell out. We couldn't be that devious could we? 🤔😉😄

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Daveandal

Got to admit I'm nervous about this tactic re sales.

If any season ticket holder or person with 20 plus loyalty points can't go due to Jimmy Blogs bringing his Orkney gf along I'll no be happy.

Seaside Dave

Let the scramble commence. 20 point free fall incoming. If you don't get any straight away. Rangers will prob give some back as they only bring a wee support when they are away to us. So I'd imagine they'll return some tickets 

Cameronstheman

Hearts know that we will have to pay for the unsold tickets, so for me they have acted wisely

Should sell this out no problem

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I must admit I find our marketing of the semi final tickets fascinating. 'Do it for the badge'!

It's almost as though the club statement and ensuing outrage of the last few days have all been a ruse to get folk riled up about Rangers so they will buy a ticket for the semi and we can sell out. We couldn't be that devious could we? 🤔😉😄

Marketing department definitely spotted an opportunity so would not doubt that it has been seen as a negative being turned into a positive 🤣

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

So LP mark is 20?

or zero if you have a friend with 20LP 🙂

alicante jambo

Can someone just comfirm somebody with 20 points can buy 2 tickets?

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Can someone just comfirm somebody with 20 points can buy 2 tickets?

That is correct 👍

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

That is correct 👍

Thanks pal brilliant. Now to try get a bus fi dalkeith or surrounding area.

Psychedelicropcircle
38 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

or zero if you have a friend with 20LP 🙂

Cropcirclette can help here🤓

Jambo-Fox

If you’re buying 2 tickets does the second ticket you buy have to be assigned to another person or can they both be assigned to yourself? 
Background:- I hope to be able to take a friend with no buying history.

Sprosten Green
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

If you’re buying 2 tickets does the second ticket you buy have to be assigned to another person or can they both be assigned to yourself? 
Background:- I hope to be able to take a friend with no buying history.

Both will be assigned to yourself 

1971fozzy
16 minutes ago, MrB1985 said:

Are you able to select specific seats and blocks on booking page?

usually released in sections but given we’ve committed to buy the lot I’d hope all sections are available from the off. Guess we will find out tomorrow. 

JH-HMFC

For once some common sense by the TO, excellent decision on the sales process 👏  Here's hoping we get a sell out or near enough 

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, Sprosten Green said:

Both will be assigned to yourself 

👍🏻

Shaggy2
8 hours ago, JH-HMFC said:

For once some common sense by the TO, excellent decision on the sales process 👏  Here's hoping we get a sell out or near enough 

The ticket office do a great job and constantly use common sense but on this I’m not convinced. I’m clearly in the minority here but I’m not sure about going straight to 2 per ST holder on this occasion. Maybe a few days at 1 per ST for folk to get their own in a decent seat (in general, payday is this weekend) and then 2 for every 20+ points from say Tuesday onwards.
I know a few Rangers supporters (one in particular whose husband is a proper bitter bigot who wanted to come on our transport but we said no) who were at the 2022 SC final in our end. This could happen again and probably will. This is about money, nothing else. 

Edited by Shaggy2

35 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

The ticket office do a great job and constantly use common sense but on this I’m not convinced. I’m clearly in the minority here but I’m not sure about going straight to 2 per ST holder on this occasion. Maybe a few days at 1 per ST for folk to get their own in a decent seat (in general, payday is this weekend) and then 2 for every 20+ points from say Tuesday onwards.
I know a few Rangers supporters (one in particular whose husband is a proper bitter bigot who wanted to come on our transport but we said no) who were at the 2022 SC final in our end. This could happen again and probably will. This is about money, nothing else. 

Your example will only happen this time if a hearts fan and likely season ticket holder buys a ticket for a hun. Completely out the control of the ticket office. Your aim should be at them not the ticket office imo. 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Nah. That was one of last time's problems .... only getting 1 knowing 2 (or so) were required. Then those with 1 buying again but for a different section.

Also, those stymied 1st tranche making other arrangements meantime and not going at all.

That dribs & drabs release wasn't the best with those buying early often getting poorer seats than those buying later.

Is the implication that they won't drop the threshold, even if not all tickets are sold? I have 8 loyalty points (9 after Saturday, I think!) and would love to go to the semi (ideally with my Dad who also has 8 points).

Given what has happened before, I'm absolutely fine with the club offering two tickets to people with 20+ first, but would hope they'll drop the limit all the way to 5+ after a week if they aren't sold out. That would be fairest to everyone, and would maximise sales.

michael_bolton
26 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Is the implication that they won't drop the threshold, even if not all tickets are sold? I have 8 loyalty points (9 after Saturday, I think!) and would love to go to the semi (ideally with my Dad who also has 8 points).

Given what has happened before, I'm absolutely fine with the club offering two tickets to people with 20+ first, but would hope they'll drop the limit all the way to 5+ after a week if they aren't sold out. That would be fairest to everyone, and would maximise sales.

Nobody knows.

Hearts are basically saying someone with absolutely no buying history but a mate with 20+ points is ahead of you in the queue. If you know anyone in that category who is likely to have a spare, I'd get texting round now to ask around.

Some people are very pleased about this. I think that shows an insecurity about being seen to sell the tickets quickly rather than looking after our supporters.

I understand the rationale for it. Hearts have commited to a spend on this and want to get as much of that back as they can, but this is a very high-risk approach that could quite easily see regular attenders miss out while day-trippers get a ticket. Loyalty system out the window. Again.

scottg71
7 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Nobody knows.

Hearts are basically saying someone with absolutely no buying history but a mate with 20+ points is ahead of you in the queue. If you know anyone in that category who is likely to have a spare, I'd get texting round now to ask around.

Some people are very pleased about this. I think that shows an insecurity about being seen to sell the tickets quickly rather than looking after our supporters.

I understand the rationale for it. Hearts have commited to a spend on this and want to get as much of that back as they can, but this is a very high-risk approach that could quite easily see regular attenders miss out while day-trippers get a ticket. Loyalty system out the window. Again.

Anyone with less than 20 points can hardly call themselves loyal. 

michael_bolton
Just now, scottg71 said:

More so than someone with 0.

And it's not only those below 20 who may miss out. You could have 120 and miss out to someone with 0.

Edited by michael_bolton

scottg71
5 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

More so than someone with 0.

And it's not only those below 20 who may miss out. You could have 120 and miss out to someone with 0.

Not if you log on at 11am and buy your tickets. 
Doesn’t matter what club does there’s folk who moan about anything.

FWIW I’ll be surprised if we sell out. 

Edited by scottg71

michael_bolton
Just now, scottg71 said:

Not if you log on at 11am and buy your tickets. 
Doesn’t matter what club does there’s folk who moan about anything.

FWIW I’ll be surprised if we sell out. 

Not everyone will be able to log on at 11am and buy tickets. People have all kinds of things going on in their lives and/or work.

I get it. Some people just want the tickets sold and no questions asked. I think there's an insecurity to that. I also understand Hearts simply wanting to sell the tickets to ensure allocations in the future and to get their money back.

But the simple fact here is that Hearts have opened the door to people who never miss a game not getting a ticket while there will be people with no buying history attending. Some of whom will be currant buns.

As for the "It won't sell out/everyone will get one". That's pure guesswork, and Hearts have, once again, thrown out the system for a big game.

scottg71
3 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Not everyone will be able to log on at 11am and buy tickets. People have all kinds of things going on in their lives and/or work.

I get it. Some people just want the tickets sold and no questions asked. I think there's an insecurity to that. I also understand Hearts simply wanting to sell the tickets to ensure allocations in the future and to get their money back.

But the simple fact here is that Hearts have opened the door to people who never miss a game not getting a ticket while there will be people with no buying history attending. Some of whom will be currant buns.

As for the "It won't sell out/everyone will get one". That's pure guesswork, and Hearts have, once again, thrown out the system for a big game.

All away game tickets are usually announced with no more than 1 days  notice nowadays for some reason. We’ve known for weeks semi tickets would be going on sale imminently so if folk are that concerned they should’ve been prepared.

I agree that it could probably been done better. For instance anyone with over 20 points can get a ticket, not 2 per person.

After the hiding at Ibrox I think there will be tickets available for a week or 2 at least but we’ll see.

In summary anyone who really wants to be there will be. 

14 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Get lost.

Not everyone lives within easy distance of Tynecastle.

I contribute to the FoH every month and get to games when I can. Where I live, it's often easier to go to some away games than Tynecastle, but more and more recently, away tickets are provided directly by the opposing club, so no loyalty points are available.

I don't meet the 20 point threshold (just a few points off), but don't insinuate I'm not a loyal fan please.

Jambo-Fox

I predict that by the end of today Hearts supporters will have purchased 17,000 tickets!

scottg71
1 minute ago, BRY said:

Get lost.

I contribute to the FoH every month and get to games when I can. Where I live, it's often easier to go to some away games than Tynecastle, but more and more recently, away tickets are provided directly by the opposing club, so no loyalty points are available.

I don't meet the 20 point threshold (just a few points off), but don't insinuate I'm not a loyal fan please.

And you don’t know anyone with over 20 that can get you one?

michael_bolton
Just now, scottg71 said:

Not everyone's experience of going to the football or of life is the same. There'll be plenty of people who don't have close enough mates to feel comfortable asking them for a ticket.

Yet, someone who has never been to a game before (or supports a different team) with a mate with 20 points shoots ahead of them in the queue.

Any way you cut it, that's wrong.

Chris#9
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

This

been here before
4 minutes ago, BRY said:

Get lost.

Not really true. St Johnstone are the only ones who do it regularly. Theres the occasional cash gate you get at say Motherwell or Kilmarnock where you might not get points but thats only after the tickets have been in sale through Hearts and they havent sold.

With the odd exception pretty much all away tickets go through Hearts.

5 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

That's not the point you made...

FarmerTweedy
19 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well there is a big doubt on the basis that we never sell 21,000 against either of the OF in semis.  However, this makes it a bit easier to do so but I don’t think we’ll sell out, hope I’m wrong though. 

I think we will sell out, but not by the end of today, so pretty much all season ticket holders will have had a chance to buy if they want to go (there'll be the odd few on holiday, in hospital, etc who can't buy today but not many!), I expect the remaining tickets at the end of today will get bought up over the next couple of days. 

I know we've failed to sell out other semis in past years, but we're now in a much more positive place as a club, with record season ticket holders, selling out every home game, and the team a good bit clear in third place and looking good.  And it is the big cup, some of our other recent semis have been in the league cup and there's definitely a bit less demand for that!

PapaShango
16 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

You won't regret it mate. I did it for the League Cup semi-final and it was very well organised and took a lot of stress out of the day(as I was going myself I was a bit stressed about finding the bus after the game etc).

You turn up at Tynecastle, get some scran and a beer or a soft drink. The bar is open. The buses arrive right outside Tynecastle and they are all numbered. You and your laddie will know in advance which number bus you are on. You get on that bus and the lassie will take your phone number in case there is any problem with you not being able to find the bus after the match and you are late getting back for it. They won't leave without you. The buses get a good parking spot right at the back of the Hearts end, seconds outside the stadium and you will find it exactly where you left it before the match. 

Eighty five notes is not cheap but other than the result of the match that day I felt it was worth the money. I hope you enjoy.

Cheers for that. It's not cheap but for taking the stress out of getting there, and for it being something a bit different to do my laddie will have a great time. Lets hope we get a different result this time around. 

PapaShango

If any Hearts fan is struggling for a ticket let me know I will be able to get 4 off mine and sons ticket as we are doing the hospitality. 

Randy Marsh
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Yip.  Its not like every ST holder will be buying a ticket for this never mind two.  I reckon there will be at least 3000 left after this first stage of sales.

1971fozzy

I know at least 2 in our group aren’t going, and the other 6 just taking 1 ticket each. So out of a possible 16 tickets we are taking 6 tickets.

there will be plenty

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Pingu said:

They'll definitely drop the loyalty points threshold after a few days if tickets haven't sold out. Whether it'll go as low as 8 or not, I don't know. 

Shaggy2
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Your example will only happen this time if a hearts fan and likely season ticket holder buys a ticket for a hun. Completely out the control of the ticket office. Your aim should be at them not the ticket office imo. 

It is aimed at the individual rather than the TO. I’m saying that nobody with zero points should get in before someone with 20+ until the 20+ has had ample opportunity to purchase their ticket.
As I alluded to, we didn’t let a genuine Hearts supporter on our transport to the 2022 final because we knew she was taking her husband, a Rangers fan. No idea where she got the CRN from but whoever it was would be banned from our club, too. 
I 99.99% support the ticket office, just not sure this time. Time will tell if this is the right call. 👍

Edited by Shaggy2

soonbe110
28 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not really true. St Johnstone are the only ones who do it regularly. Theres the occasional cash gate you get at say Motherwell or Kilmarnock where you might not get points but thats only after the tickets have been in sale through Hearts and they havent sold.

With the odd exception pretty much all away tickets go through Hearts.

Motherwell doing it more and more these days. 

soonbe110
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I know at least 2 in our group aren’t going, and the other 6 just taking 1 ticket each. So out of a possible 16 tickets we are taking 6 tickets.

there will be plenty

18 of us, all season ticket holders, and buying 17 tickets.  Not convinced we will sell out but should hopefully get close. 

been here before
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Motherwell doing it more and more these days. 

They done it for a cup game 2 or 3 years ago but they've not done it for a couple of seasons.

17 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

It is aimed at the individual rather than the TO. I’m saying that nobody with zero points should get in before someone with 20+ until the 20+ has had ample opportunity to purchase their ticket.
As I alluded to, we didn’t let a genuine Hearts supporter on our transport to the 2022 final because we knew she was taking her husband, a Rangers fan. No idea where she got the CRN from but whoever it was would be banned from our club, too. 
I 99.99% support the ticket office, just not sure this time. Time will tell if this is the right call. 👍

It’s a tough call for sure, everyone who deserves a ticket gets one and we don’t sell out or we sell out but some people may miss out. We can get 10 tickets but are only taking four which reading through the thread seems to be most people’s experience. On that basis no one should miss out. 

davemclaren

In 50 years of buying Hearts tickets they have still to come up with a process that everyone agrees is totally fair.  There may be a reason for that. 😄