Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Total bampot. I reckon he's a narcissistic control freak.

Hope they go down, but we have nothing to fear from them going forward whatever happens, and so long as Cormack is there.

Knowing him from my youth, I did suggest he would be their Romanov. Dont think I am wrong 

:pleasing:

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• Batistuta87

• Wee Mikey

GavK1012

Where the hell is our resident Dandie, ISTL... 🤔

If their MO wasn't to only come on here when we were woeful or they were doing OK, I wouldt mind, but is so obvious that was their MO which smacks of lacking balls and class!!!

Cmon ISTL, where are ye 😂🤣😅

sirwalter
9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Knowing him from my youth, I did suggest he would be their Romanov. Dont think I am wrong 

:pleasing:

Plenty room at Aberdeen harbour for a submarine these days...

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Hope they go down, but we have nothing to fear from them going forward whatever happens, and so long as Cormack is there.

Its why I am sceptical of them going on about the German consultant they have in. I am sure the consultant will provide great insight, advise great changes which Aberdeen will take some on board. But its still Cormack at the top who wants to be involved all the time. Its like having a team skillfully building an impressive display of lego artworks for a competition. Everyone has been done right and technically perfect to win, then a toddler comes in and decides they want a go at it and knocks everything over, throws a tantrum blaming everyone else and storms off. Cormack is Aberdeen's toddler.

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

I think so too.

I liked how Burrows came across at Motherwell...I think his hands are tied up there. It screams I know best from Cormack.

Couldn't say about them going down but it's looking more unlikely they will get out of the bottom 6. Every team has played 29 games Dundee are currently 6th while the sheep are 9 points adrift of 6th with just 12 possible points remaining before the split. They're not getting out of that with just 4 games left.

Outside that it's truly hard to predict if they will end up in the play off spot, but the whole shit show is such a car wreck it looks entirely conceivable, a sheep annus horribilis. I wish McInnes had beaten them in the cup, just to further rub it in how stupid they were forcing him out.

I think they had been down at 9 and 10th for a couple of seasons prior to McInnes taking over, this bottom half struggle isn't new for them. McInnes never delivered anything less than 4th, they were 4th when he left, they reaped what they sowed.

In my view they have the vilest fans in all of top flight Scottish football, way viler than the OF by a distance. The OF and in fact every club will have an element of pure bams attached to them, but with the sheep it's more like a crowd culture they take a pride in.

If anybody deserves a relegation it's them, and I think it's entirely plausible now a United or a Raith could take them over two games. And I think they have become so poisoned a chalice many talented managers would be put off taking it on. Potentially players too.

Oda be a JT
21 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I honestly think Aberdeen will be in the Playoffs. Ross County always get a wee second wind after the split and I think will charge on. 

... And I think they'll play our pals Partick. We should be over there sharing hunners of insight just in case. 

Not sure why but I used to really dislike Partick, dunno if it was the strip or Chic Charley or what…but for obvious reasons I always want them to win and one of the first ‘next’ results I look for!

Maybe attend and give them some additional support in the playoff 😁

Oda be a JT
15 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

If their MO wasn't to only come on here when we were woeful or they were doing OK, I wouldt mind, but is so obvious that was their MO which smacks of lacking balls and class!!!

Had serious health issues, hope he is ok, as a poster I don’t mind him - never came on and tried to hide what he was and was always pretty balanced for a non Jambo on a Hearts forum I thought

Edited by Oda be a JT

IveSeenTheLight
On 11/03/2024 at 09:42, Japan Jambo said:

Where is reporter in the field, when we need to chew the cud? @IveSeenTheLight

What do you want to know?

The strong rumours was that Michael O'Neil has been lined up and was planned to take over in the summer

Peter Leven had indicated that he didn't really want to be interim for an extended period, so they went and got Warnock in to cover till the summer

There's also strong rumours there was a bit of turmoil with Warnock telling some home truths and eventually decided to walk.

This meant the club are now trying to get O'Neil released after the international games next week. 

IveSeenTheLight
17 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

My MO was always to come back here regardless of win, lose or draw.

Granted due to my heart operation I've been less frequent in here

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Poor show.

Some posters on here have had a full frontal lobotomy and continue to contribute their insight and wisdom daily, if not hourly.

😝

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The strong rumours was that Michael O'Neil has been lined up and was planned to take over in the summer

Peter Leven had indicated that he didn't really want to be interim for an extended period, so they went and got Warnock in to cover till the summer

There's also strong rumours there was a bit of turmoil with Warnock telling some home truths and eventually decided to walk.

This meant the club are now trying to get O'Neil released after the international games next week. 

👍 Glad you are on the mend btw.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

👍 Glad you are on the mend btw.

Thank you.

I'm absolutely fine now, given the all clear but I am spending more time going for long walks and going to the gym / swimming pool rather than sitting on the couch on the ipad as much

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Last year going shopping, radio, work,etc full on motor mouth, this year, the sound of silence.

Its golden up here at the moment, golden :)

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Last year going shopping, radio, work,etc full on motor mouth, this year, the sound of silence.

Its golden up here at the moment, golden :)

Glad you're at peace, pal, hopefully some confirmation of some good Hearts stuff soon 👍

Ex member of the SaS

Read somewhere that a Sheep supporter was boasting they had never been relegated and don't want it to happen now. Ignoring the fact that they were not relegated when they should have been, due to league reconstruction. Hardly boasting material.

jbee647
36 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Michael O,Neill is on a long well paid contract at NI, possibly 5 years, the compensation could be seven figures, and he has already in the last few days distanced himself from the Aberdeen job.

neilnunb
9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Read somewhere that a Sheep supporter was boasting they had never been relegated and don't want it to happen now. Ignoring the fact that they were not relegated when they should have been, due to league reconstruction. Hardly boasting material.

And withdrew from the league for a couple of season when finishing bottom in 1916-17. They were then readmitted into the top flight.

kingantti1874
37 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thank you.

I'm absolutely fine now, given the all clear but I am spending more time going for long walks and going to the gym / swimming pool rather than sitting on the couch on the ipad as much

Glad to hear health is improving. Best of luck with the recovery 

Edited by kingantti1874

Ricardo Quaresma

Surely not the basket case lennon, to complete the mother of all basket cases of a football club :lol:

Mikey1874

While Ross County have generally seemed to be poor, 3 points is nothing. Might be St Johnstone that are in trouble.

And historically Ross County have tended to do well at end of season. 

I would Keegan it if this club finally paid the piper and went down.

They've cheated their way out of relegation on more than one occasion, spent hardly a farthing on their hovel of a ground and in Cormack have a rather unlikable narcissist in charge. Those tears he shed when he canned Goodwin were for himself, his ego unable to accept he made a bad choice.

That's not someone you want as a leader, IMO. 

Edited by Gizmo

IveSeenTheLight
50 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I would Keegan it if this club finally paid the piper and went down.

They've cheated their way out of relegation on more than one occasion, spent hardly a farthing on their hovel of a ground and in Cormack have a rather unlikable narcissist in charge. Those tears he shed when he canned Goodwin were for himself, his ego unable to accept he made a bad choice.

That's not someone you want as a leader, IMO. 

Correction, we've never cheated our way out of relegation

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

🤣 log off mate if your going down that road again. You finished bottom, more than once. 

At the end of the day It doesn’t really matter. Everyone just laughs when a codheid declares they’ve never been down. 

Batistuta87
6 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

Not sure why but I used to really dislike Partick, dunno if it was the strip or Chic Charley or what…but for obvious reasons I always want them to win and one of the first ‘next’ results I look for!

Chic Charnley for me haha. Hated him. 

I like them now though 🤝🏻

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/bizarre-story-behind-way-aberdeen-6964529

I still find it quite disgusting how Falkirk were treated, it set them back years when it should have been your club who bore that burden. 

Didn't you also stop existing temporarily to avoid relegation in the 1916-17 league and used WW1 as a get-out excuse.*

Then, in 1995, the authorities quickly changed the rules to introduce play-offs mid-season when you were in the automatic relegation spots.

Reconstruction was something they also engineered previously to save Motherwell from relegation.

Curiously, not something available during the prematurely ended COVID season when Hearts were affected. 

If you think I'm bitter, you would be correct. Your club has wormed its way out of the consequences of relegation at least 3 times, voted us down during the covid season, spent absolutely bugger all on your ground compared to the rest of us who ended up saddled with huge 25-year mortgages - and those mortgages were part of the spending that caused teams to go to the wall (unless they cheated the bank like Hibs did and, oh, Aberdeen too, in 'debt-forgiveness' capers aka legal robbery ).

I hope you go down and end up ground-sharing at Tannadice or Inverness. 🖕

*WW1 - great excuse. Worldwide pandemic - shit excuse. 🙄

kingantti1874

Oaft.  I think they are only a couple of points better off than we were when they voted for the league to end. 

jamboozy
8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I still find it quite disgusting how Falkirk were treated, it set them back years when it should have been your club who bore that burden. 

Didn't you also stop existing temporarily to avoid relegation in the 1916-17 league and used WW1 as a get-out excuse.*

Then, in 1995, the authorities quickly changed the rules to introduce play-offs mid-season when you were in the automatic relegation spots.

Reconstruction was something they also engineered previously to save Motherwell from relegation.

Curiously, not something available during the prematurely ended COVID season when Hearts were affected. 

If you think I'm bitter, you would be correct. Your club has wormed its way out of the consequences of relegation at least 3 times, voted us down during the covid season, spent absolutely bugger all on your ground compared to the rest of us who ended up saddled with huge 25-year mortgages - and those mortgages were part of the spending that caused teams to go to the wall (unless they cheated the bank like Hibs did and, oh, Aberdeen too, in 'debt-forgiveness' capers aka legal robbery ).

:spoton:

Nelly Terraces

Honestly wouldn't be too upset if we got a draw tomorrow & those codhead ***s get beaten again meaning RC get even closer to them. 

I'd be delighted to see Aberdeen relegated & their arsehole support in tears.  

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Honestly wouldn't be too upset if we got a draw tomorrow & those codhead ***s get beaten again meaning RC get even closer to them. 

I'd be delighted to see Aberdeen relegated & their arsehole support in tears.  

same tbh.  Tomorrow is a win win.  Win will be good for obvious reasons, I’ll also be able to tease my cod grid mates that we did them a favour, lose and  it was clearly deliberate .  

IveSeenTheLight
23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You have made some errors there.

There was no change to the rules in 1995 to introduce a play off just because Aberdeen was there. The previous season the league reduced to 10 teams and a play off was introduced before the season started. We played the play-off and won

Same with the 1999/2000 season, the rules were set up before the season started. Although Aberdeen finished bottom, it meant that we should have taken part in a three way play off with Dunfermline and Falkirk, with two of the three teams along with St Mirren who had won the first division.

Falkirks plight saved us from a play off, not from relegation.

So again, we did not cheat relegation

Maybe you have a point about 1917 in the middle of the WWI, but I can't comment on what was happening at that time

IveSeenTheLight
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oaft.  I think they are only a couple of points better off than we were when they voted for the league to end. 

There's no denying how shite we've been this season

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

My dislike of Partick goes back to Bertie Auld days.  Boring defensive football.  The Covid Crime changed that.

Nelly Terraces
48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

same tbh.  Tomorrow is a win win.  Win will be good for obvious reasons, I’ll also be able to tease my cod grid mates that we did them a favour, lose and  it was clearly deliberate .  

Was thinking on the other hand, a Yan Dhanda own goal that gives us a win would see vermin.net in a state of meltdown.:D

There was no change to the rules in 1995 to introduce a play off just because Aberdeen was there. The previous season the league reduced to 10 teams and a play off was introduced before the season started. We played the play-off and won

Same with the 1999/2000 season, the rules were set up before the season started. Although Aberdeen finished bottom, it meant that we should have taken part in a three way play off with Dunfermline and Falkirk, with two of the three teams along with St Mirren who had won the first division.

Maybe you have a point about 1917 in the middle of the WWI, but I can't comment on what was happening at that time

All very convenient. 

Hopefully, this is the year. You can play Morton & Falkirk in your new stadium next year. 2025 was the completion date, right?  

kingantti1874

you seem to have a really really hard time with this. That there was no automatic relegation from the start  is irrelevant. You finished bottom.  

you cheated relegation

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you seem to have a really really hard time with this. That there was no automatic relegation from the start  is irrelevant. You finished bottom.  

you cheated relegation

I think it's the ovine equivalent of mansplaining.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Was thinking on the other hand, a Yan Dhanda own goal that gives us a win would see vermin.net in a state of meltdown.:D

That would be hilarious. Fingers crossed.

Angel eyes

Hearts getting 50/50 allocation for Scottish cup, Aberdeen no getting it

1971fozzy
9 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

O’Neil appears to be dismissing the rumours he’s going to Aberdeen…..

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12278514/michael-oneill-leading-contender-next-aberdeen-manager-breaks-silence/

id be gobsmacked if he went to that comedy club. 
unless they keep on selling players for £5m+ every season they are in deep shit. 
poisoned chalice especially seeing that elephant in the room has still to be addressed financially (stadium)

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

All very convenient. 

Hopefully, this is the year. You can play Morton & Falkirk in your new stadium next year. 2025 was the completion date, right?  

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

My bad. 🤭

Wonder how long before the council force them back down to 10K punters? No danger that was a unilateral decision.

FarmerTweedy
On 14/03/2024 at 15:04, sirwalter said:

Does he mean the semis..?

I don't think Ross County or St Johnstone are in the semis, so probably not! 

FarmerTweedy
On 14/03/2024 at 15:18, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Really good game to give Tagawa a run out up front for Saturday IMO, Lawrence is due a rest. 

Maybe give McGovern a game in goal as well

:cornette:

FarmerTweedy
On 14/03/2024 at 15:25, Batistuta87 said:

He's on loan at Livi 

Gordon in goal, Tagawa up front for the full 90. 

If we were a few points further ahead, I'd be tempted to play them the other way round just to wind up the mutton molesters! 

FarmerTweedy
On 14/03/2024 at 15:35, Hansel said:

😆

That went over my head

Mine too!