Joe Savage offiski?

Chaps

Stendelnator

Strikes me as an article fed to a friendly journo to put the feelers out as he fancies a change or a pay rise

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Deviskan

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Article probably garbage I agree. Not convinced at all he’d be a big loss however.

Couldn't agree more though about our previous recruitment.

Based on?

vladisacoward

Based on his strike rate so far and the fact that there is no shortage of people out there who could come in and do his job just as well if not better and relatively easily too I’d be willing to bet.

Benny Klack
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What do you need to know about Scottish football?

What knowledge did Postecoglou or Clement, or the new Rangers SD have?
Would you say the majority of Savage players have been well suited to our game? 
How many players have we signed from other Scottish teams in his time, 3?

I’d suggest that you can’t really compare us and who we can sign to the OF managers or Directors of Football. They are signing guys at levels way way above the rest of the league. If they sign a £3 million pound player they will score goals against Ross County for sure but they aren’t getting much else from a lot of these guys - besides I think over the last few years our ‘hit rate’ of good signings v bad is actually better than both OF teams. If you actually analyse how much money the OF spunk on players that come in on a blaze of glory to suddenly slip off the radar it’s unreal.

When I talk about knowing the Scottish game, I’m not necessarily talking about players from other Scottish teams - I mean guys that will be well suited to playing in the SPL.

In his time we have seen McKay, Kingsley, Cochrane, Clark, Shankland, Simms, Devlin, Kent, Ginnelly, Halliday, Vargas, Forrest, Rowles, Benny all come to the club (amongst others) and improve us. Compare that list with the revolving door of largely dross players that came before Savage and say, truthfully, that we shouldn’t care if he goes.

Edited by Benny Klack

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would you say the majority of Savage players have been well suited to our game? 

Yes . Only a complete idiot would suggest otherwise 

I think the worst part about all of this , is that Joe Savage ( who is doing an excellent job ) is reading comments from some of the thickest ***** in Edinburgh on here , and taking them to heart 

He’s probably wanting a pay rise so this is his way of trying to more money out of us. 

Benny Klack
8 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Based on his strike rate so far and the fact that there is no shortage of people out there who could come in and do his job just as well if not better and relatively easily too I’d be willing to bet.

Who would these people be and how do you know they would be better? Big gamble in my opinion.

I think having a guy that knows the Scottish game but also has good connections in English football, like Savage does, is a rarity.

I’d move half the comments on this thread to the “knee jerk” reaction thread tbh. 

You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone.

Benny Klack
7 minutes ago, mr fox said:

I would not blame him with the fans we have 

Agreed - well said 👍

I really hope no players / management or anyone else within the club reads JKB at times.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

I’d suggest that you can’t really compare us and who we can sign to the OF managers or Directors of Football. They are signing guys at levels way way above the rest of the league. If they sign a £3 million pound player they will score goals against Ross County for sure but they aren’t getting much else from a lot of these guys - besides I think over the last few years our ‘hit rate’ of good signings v bad is actually better than both OF teams. If you actually analyse how much money the OF spunk on players that come in on a blaze of glory to suddenly slip off the radar it’s unreal.

When I talk about knowing the Scottish game, I’m not necessarily talking about players from other Scottish teams - I mean guys that will be well suited to playing in the SPL.

In his time we have seen McKay, Kingsley, Cochrane, Clark, Shankland, Simms, Devlin, Kent, Ginnelly, Halliday, Vargas, Forrest, Rowles, Benny all come to the club (amongst others) and improve us. Compare that list with the revolving door of largely dross players that came before Savage and say, truthfully, that we shouldn’t care if he goes.

There have been almost as many duds as successes though, ffs 5 of your list played here so they cant count as players who can play here, Kingsley was before his time. Kasteener, Gnanduillet, Kio, and guys like Fraser/Tagawa/Grant/Atkinson/Rowles haven’t really been that convincing to different degrees. I wouldn’t say he has proven that he can bring guys suited to our specific brand of “football”. 
Cant argue hes better than what went before. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes . Only a complete idiot would suggest otherwise 

Calm yourself with the insults. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, theshed said:

He’s probably wanting a pay rise so this is his way of trying to more money out of us. 

Probably got his mate to publish the article, while we were on a 12 match unbeaten run. 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Article is totally baseless.

It's either completely made-up, or Savage wants out.

Benny Klack
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I really don’t feel he would be hard to replace. 

Who though? I don’t think these guys grow on trees. 

22 minutes ago, mr fox said:

I would not blame him with the fans we have 

Shut up. We have the best fans around. We saved our own club unlike lots of other clubs that went to the wall, our season tickets have sold out and we have the third best support, home and away,  in the country. Hearts fans are a class apart. 

Edited by GinRummy

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think the worst part about all of this , is that Joe Savage ( who is doing an excellent job ) is reading comments from some of the thickest ***** in Edinburgh on here , and taking them to heart 

If he can’t handle criticism he’s in the wrong job. If he can’t deal with the fact some fans don’t rate him he’s in the wrong job. I know for an absolute fact he doesn’t read kickback so he won’t be taking it to hearts either. It’s not long ago you were happy to see folk have a pop at Andrew McKinlay yet anyone who doesn’t rate Savage is thick. 

WorldChampions1902
54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is imbeciles who were suggesting he should go . Thankfully as we hear so often , Kickback is not really representative of the Hearts support . No way there is as high a percentage of dribbling idiots :rofl: 

I would also suggest that this message board has more than it’s fair share of interlopers of the Kevin Moffat variety, which would go a long way to explaining the utterly brain-dead material that gets posted on here with monotonous regularity.

Chuck Berry
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Shut up. We have the best fans around. We saved our own club unlike lots of other clubs that went to the wall, our season tickets have sold out and we have the third best support, home and away,  in the country. Hearts fans are a class apart. 

So what goes wrong on JKB? Full of roasters who lose the plot after the first defeat in 12 games.

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

So what goes wrong on JKB? Full of roasters who lose the plot after the first defeat in 12 games.

Nothing goes wrong. It’s no different to how it’s always been. At what point in our history would we not have had fans sitting at home or in the pub whining and moaning after a 5-0 defeat to rangers? Some fans have always taken it on the chin and some have always blown things out of proportion. Always.

Chuck Berry
Just now, GinRummy said:

Nothing goes wrong. It’s no different to how it’s always been. At what point in our history would we not have had fans sitting at home or in the pub whining and moaning after a 5-0 defeat to rangers? Some fans have always taken it on the chin and some have always blown things out of proportion. Always.

Over the years this place has got worse, much worse. You can speculate the reasons why, but some of the posts today are an embarrassing reaction to a bad day at the office. We are in a good place, today's result doesn't change that.

Australis

He has certainly moved us up a gear.

Hope he stays, but if bigger clubs are in for him he gets more money to do well with, or blow.

Must be lots of pressure for everyone in his position up and down the country.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Over the years this place has got worse, much worse. You can speculate the reasons why, but some of the posts today are an embarrassing reaction to a bad day at the office. We are in a good place, today's result doesn't change that.

Fine, prove it. Go back and find a thread from when rangers skelped us like today and I’d seriously doubt if there is any difference in the reaction. 

Agree we are in a good place and hopeful the team will bounce back. 👍

Shooter McGavin
51 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Care to name any of these people?

Chuck Berry
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fine, prove it. Go back and find a thread from when rangers skelped us like today and I’d seriously doubt if there is any difference in the reaction. 

Agree we are in a good place and hopeful the team will bounce back. 👍

Prove it 🤣

Watt-Zeefuik
25 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Three dozen grouchy arseholes can make a colossal racket on here.

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Prove it 🤣

Shouldn’t be that hard to dig up an old thread after a heavy rangers defeat.  When McPhee was in charge we hammered st Mirren and he was fancied for the job permanently. Fast forward to a hamoden defeat by rangers and he’s a useless hippy waster in his dads suit.  Nothings changed in years on here. There’s always been overreactions to heavy defeats. Vlad out, csaba out, on and on it goes. 

JamboJoker98

Savage overseeing far more consistently positive signings than not, a B team and academy on the up and the team about to finish in the european places for the 3rd year in a row the FIRST time in our history. Compare to the previous Sporting Director/Director of Football made an absolute mess of it. Those dreaming of prying Takis are dreaming, Scottish is our budget level. Careful what you wish for.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Who though? I don’t think these guys grow on trees. 

Had you heard of Savage? Like managers there are loads of them going around. 

The fat barman can’t lose here.

Savage leaves and is replaced by someone who doesn’t do a good job - blame is again directed to McKinley and his wife.

Savage leaves and is replaced by another who does a good job and he appears justified.

Either way, the fat barman isn’t wrong.

A sad existence and a sorry excuse for a Hearts fan tbh.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Trying to attract the attention of Sir Jim Radcliffe, obviously.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

HES ONLY 39 😱

A hard paper round. He can be easily replaced - I won’t lose any sleep if he goes. 

Jack Torrance

No surprise he's attracting interest.  Looks like the massive clear out that some have called for, is starting. 

Careful what you wish for.

The fact he is being targeted say everything about the job he's doing. Shit result today doesn't change that.

Making an assumption here, haven't read the thread but guess is people are saying he can go etc 🙈

Benny Klack
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Had you heard of Savage? Like managers there are loads of them going around. 

Mmmm  - not sure there are tbh but admire your confidence, although you haven’t been able to name one noticeably 

There are not an abundance of great managers who would come to us either 

Chuck Berry
43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Shouldn’t be that hard to dig up an old thread after a heavy rangers defeat.  When McPhee was in charge we hammered st Mirren and he was fancied for the job permanently. Fast forward to a hamoden defeat by rangers and he’s a useless hippy waster in his dads suit.  Nothings changed in years on here. There’s always been overreactions to heavy defeats. Vlad out, csaba out, on and on it goes. 

It's an opinion based on being around here a fairly long time, JKB has went from being the best club forum in Scotland to a pale shadow of itself.  Some good posters can't be arsed with it anymore.

7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It's an opinion based on being around here a fairly long time, JKB has went from being the best club forum in Scotland to a pale shadow of itself.  Some good posters can't be arsed with it anymore.

I don’t know how long you’ve been on here but my first account was 2008 and I struggle to see much difference in the last 16 years but can’t speak for before that. I do agree some very good posters are no longer around. 

Edited by GinRummy

•  

listen, this is my first post ever, but ive supported hearts for a long time and also read this forum for a long time, just never been arsed to post, but the amount of utter trash that gets posted either on here in general or back to you when you   post something that is sensible in terms of hearts, or knowledgeable in general terms of fitbaw, or both, the response is pretty much apocalyptically off the scale, wether its hearts fans genuinly fuming in general, or hibz trampz in disguise,  its became an absolute mess of a so called fitbaw forum, everyc**t just waiting and ready to jump on everything and anything at all times ever, social MEdia at its absolute fu****g worse.

which leads me perfectly to the day, absolutely disgraceful result, absolutely disgraceful performance, unacceptable on every level, no excuses at all for what transpired today.

But, (aye theres a but, obviosly), whats the point in  destroying the players, the management, the tactics, the lineup etc, and also each other on this forum, as at the end of the day, our forms been off the scale the last few months, winning multiple away games on the bounce, coming back from several goals down a few times and not losing, PLUS the undoubted unwavering fact were still well clear in 3rd and never gonna be caught, and, because of the stated above, the players and management have more than enough in the tank mentally to come back from this very quickly,  much more steel, determination, winning mentality and positivity than previous iterations under neilson,  levein and say it quietly, cathro.

AND what better a way to get it back on track than on wednesday against our hopeless idiotic neeboors, who, in theyre infinitely psychotic delusional mindsets would much prefer the so called mythical  "hibs" way of playing, rather than actually winning trophies or games against us, or games against us that involve winning trophies.

sum up, starting wednesday, this is the start, no the start of the end, ie us capitulating like last season, just a blip, a small fall on our road, which before the day everyc**t was well and trully on, our road to the best season in a LONG time, just trust, just believe, just HMFC.

also FTH

Bull's-eye
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I dont think he is but i do think he's correct in flagging up the morons that frequent social media.

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, FTH 1-5 said:
    •  

listen, this is my first post ever, but ive supported hearts for a long time and also read this forum for a long time, just never been arsed to post, but the amount of utter trash that gets posted either on here in general or back to you when you   post something that is sensible in terms of hearts, or knowledgeable in general terms of fitbaw, or both, the response is pretty much apocalyptically off the scale, wether its hearts fans genuinly fuming in general, or hibz trampz in disguise,  its became an absolute mess of a so called fitbaw forum, everyc**t just waiting and ready to jump on everything and anything at all times ever, social MEdia at its absolute fu****g worse.

which leads me perfectly to the day, absolutely disgraceful result, absolutely disgraceful performance, unacceptable on every level, no excuses at all for what transpired today.

But, (aye theres a but, obviosly), whats the point in  destroying the players, the management, the tactics, the lineup etc, and also each other on this forum, as at the end of the day, our forms been off the scale the last few months, winning multiple away games on the bounce, coming back from several goals down a few times and not losing, PLUS the undoubted unwavering fact were still well clear in 3rd and never gonna be caught, and, because of the stated above, the players and management have more than enough in the tank mentally to come back from this very quickly,  much more steel, determination, winning mentality and positivity than previous iterations under neilson,  levein and say it quietly, cathro.

AND what better a way to get it back on track than on wednesday against our hopeless idiotic neeboors, who, in theyre infinitely psychotic delusional mindsets would much prefer the so called mythical  "hibs" way of playing, rather than actually winning trophies or games against us, or games against us that involve winning trophies.

sum up, starting wednesday, this is the start, no the start of the end, ie us capitulating like last season, just a blip, a small fall on our road, which before the day everyc**t was well and trully on, our road to the best season in a LONG time, just trust, just believe, just HMFC.

also FTH

Yep, a 5-0 defeat won't cause anyone to react to a pisspoor performance. :rolleyes:

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Article seems like a pile of s****, but he’d be a bigger loss than people think, imo.

Our recruitment was truly horrific prior to him coming in.

This is what some folk on here seem to have forgotten.   

4 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Be serious look at the teams below us half of them belong in a pub league we have got half a good side , our defence is shit Rowells and Atkinson are rank rotten our midfield with Grant and Benni since his injury is pathetic Tagawa is absolutely dugshite I’m sorry but a scout is supposed to get the best that your money can buy if that is what he’s done we must have sent him out with £50 in his pocket in my opinion he has failed big time

Where to begin with nonsense like this ...🙄

Some of these pub league teams have beaten us this season.  Our "sh1t defence"  was doing fine until today.   Rowles has been fine before today.  Savage isn't a scout.         You probably know all that though.

Stendelnator
47 minutes ago, jonnyinfo said:

This has definitely been leaked by Savage, it reeks!! 

100% working his ticket.