Knee jerk reactions begin

John Findlay

south morocco
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I can’t begin to get in the mind of a football supporter, not just a Hearts one, who will quite happily dismiss a heavy defeat?   People quite rightly had a little bit hope for today.   We were on a very good run…..so if you can’t have hope today, when can you? When is it allowed?

I don’t find any comfort in suggesting we should expect a hammering because they have more money blah blah blah…..a truly mind boggling mindset for excuse makers.

We played better the previous twice at Ibrox which should’ve been a wee marker of improvement to work on and something the players should’ve taken heart and belief from.  Normally your brain works on habit. It seems our players don’t have that capacity.   A truly weak, regressive showing today.  We are better than what we showed but only against weaker sides.  

Everything fell apart far too easy today and that sadly shows our mentality against stronger sides is still miles off as the conditions of the game had a detrimental effect on our composure and questioned our guts.  

I know, it’s disappointing. I was hoping for a wee draw today and thought on current form that could be achieved. However, football doesn’t work like that. We have to take it on the chin, learn from it and use it to bounce back on Wednesday night. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Russ1977

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Polonia Gorgie

I'm quite gutted about that today, I thought we would have been much more resilient and gave them a good test. I hope the players get it stinking!! Hibs is the perfect get up game, I'm still confident we'll take care of them!! I'm not raging cause we're still having an excellent season. We all would have taken what we've got so far. HHGH 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Before 3pm today. Clyde were bottom of the Scottish second division and 39 pts behind Stenhousemuir at the top.

They met at Ochilview this afternoon.

Fulltime result.

Stenhousemuir 1 Clyde 6.

As someone once said. It's a funny old game.

Wouldn't be surprised if something considered usual happened in that Stenhousemuir game today. Very strange result as Clyde are dogshit.

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, LogicalEric said:

That's it. When they are on it they are levels above us. Looks at what they strengthened in January with. A 4.5m midfielder, a striker that cost 35m and a winger that cost 4.5m. 

Can't let it detract from how well we have been doing to get results up to this point. Hopefully this acts as a kick up the erse for Wednesday.

I can’t think why we lost today…..

this is Liverpool v Burnley…v Luton.    Etc

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We beat Celtic not so long ago, we only need 3 or 4 better players in my opinion. 

Tagawa, Oda, Forrest, Atkinson, and Devlin are not good enough. 

I don't think Rowles is either, but he's good enough against the rest of the league. 

I think you’re spiralling here, mate.

Also, half the players you’ve just said aren’t good enough played in the Celtic game.

Simple fact is, we can’t afford the players required to catch Celtic and Rangers.

Benny Klack
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

We got deservedly gubbed.

We take it on the chin, and we go against Hibs on Wednesday. That's fitbaw.

This in spades 👍

Sometimes we’re down but we’ll aye get back up.

We’ll look back and laugh at today at the cup final parade in May 😎*

*caveat - on the basis that we play Celtic in the final and don’t have to face the huns again 

Edited by Benny Klack

Jim Panzee
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I think you’re spiralling here, mate.

Also, half the players you’ve just said aren’t good enough played in the Celtic game.

Simple fact is, we can’t afford the players required to catch Celtic and Rangers.

Think?! 

lol.

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Wouldn't be surprised if something considered usual happened in that Stenhousemuir game today. Very strange result as Clyde are dogshit.

Maybe tried harder than the opposition. 

14 minutes ago, feej said:

Good post mate, I thought we could get 3 points today as long as we got infront, really didn't expect that capitulation, thought we were/are better than that. I could be mistaken but I think that's their biggest home win of the season. 

A few of the players need to have a serious look at themselves after today, Grant, Rowles and Natty for starters, there are others too.

5-0, comical defending, cheap goals, simply not good enough today.

Looking forward positively to Wednesday though, I'm sure Naisy will get them.going again.

👍🏻

ArcticJambo
43 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I can’t begin to get in the mind of a football supporter, not just a Hearts one, who will quite happily dismiss a heavy defeat?   People quite rightly had a little bit hope for today.   We were on a very good run…..so if you can’t have hope today, when can you? When is it allowed?

I don’t find any comfort in suggesting we should expect a hammering because they have more money blah blah blah…..a truly mind boggling mindset for excuse makers.

We played better the previous twice at Ibrox which should’ve been a wee marker of improvement to work on and something the players should’ve taken heart and belief from.  Normally your brain works on habit. It seems our players don’t have that capacity.   A truly weak, regressive showing today.  We are better than what we showed but only against weaker sides.  

Everything fell apart far too easy today and that sadly shows our mentality against stronger sides is still miles off as the conditions of the game had a detrimental effect on our composure and questioned our guts.  

41 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

The problem for me is that was a horrific performance. Not so much the 3 points in am bothered about as even a good performance and we might not get the any points. Its the fact that the only thing we have to play for is the cups finishing 3rd gets you **** all medals. Now that performance the next time we have to play them at Hampden semi or final our players and support don't and won't believe we can get a result. We are mentally ****ed with this Rangers team. Any chance of wining a cup is so so low. We are now in no man's lands easily getting 3rd but a mile away from 2nd or wining a cup. Getting in to Europe great  but getting shagged every Thursday by some 2nd rate European team. Great times to be a supporter of a scottish football team if it's not one the the old firm.

Two posts I can nod in agreement to.  Good posting.

The Treasurer

A lot of poor performances today from players who have been generally playing very well. 

51 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

The problem for me is that was a horrific performance. Not so much the 3 points in am bothered about as even a good performance and we might not get the any points. Its the fact that the only thing we have to play for is the cups finishing 3rd gets you **** all medals. Now that performance the next time we have to play them at Hampden semi or final our players and support don't and won't believe we can get a result. We are mentally ****ed with this Rangers team. Any chance of wining a cup is so so low. We are now in no man's lands easily getting 3rd but a mile away from 2nd or wining a cup. Getting in to Europe great  but getting shagged every Thursday by some 2nd rate European team. Great times to be a supporter of a scottish football team if it's not one the the old firm.

We are in no man’s land and that not changing anytime soon. As much as we’ve done well lately the old firm have massive resources compared to us and that isn’t changing anytime soon. 

Finlay James
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A new RB was our priority in the window, so we sign a winger and start Crapkinson at Ibrox. 

Sounds about right. 

take it you’ve been in an internet free zone for a few months?

Mind that gap 🇱🇻🇱🇻

ArcticJambo
3 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

We are in no man’s land and that not changing anytime soon. As much as we’ve done well lately the old firm have massive resources compared to us and that isn’t changing anytime soon. 

If you asked most seasoned fans of Scottish football, I'd hazard a guess that most would say that t hese versions of the OF are down there with the worst in 40 yrs.

9 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

If you asked most seasoned fans of Scottish football, I'd hazard a guess that most would say that t hese versions of the OF are down there with the worst in 40 yrs.

I thought the same but they just pumped us 5-0 without breaking sweat 

ollie2004

You know, this almost reminds me of 1998 cup final when we were hammered each time by sevco during  the league but in that final we managed to turn it around here's hoping for a repeat!

ArcticJambo
Just now, Russ1977 said:

I thought the same but they just pumped us 5-0 without breaking sweat 

Aye, but you know that's not unusual. If they were even worse, they'd still pump us 5zip, it's what we generally allow them to do!

ArcticJambo
Just now, ollie2004 said:

You know, this almost reminds me of 1998 cup final when we were hammered each time by sevco during  the league but in that final we managed to turn it around here's hoping for a repeat!

Now, I like this sort of thinking! :lol:

Scott Monument

Today was a reality check which shows we are miles of rangers but we must remain upbeat as we are clearly the best of the rest.Craig Gordon should start on Wednesday no point in having a goalkeeper of his experience on the bench.

Ricardo Quaresma

We simply weren't at it today and didn't look up for it or hungry; there were several reasons we never made the ball stick in their defensive third and when they got into ours we looked hung-over

Coupled with the fact that they were hungry and up for it, expecting a tough game with good reason as per our last 2 visits, also motivated by staying top for the first time in donks, plus each of their players stating their case for playing against Benfica soon, then it was always going to be difficult

Once they knew they could go some way to solving the GD issue between them and the other cheek, they cranked it up even more

Not going to come out with anything like 'fair play for their efforts' though, **** them!

Now let's just focus on ******* the wee team!

52 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Aye, but you know that's not unusual. If they were even worse, they'd still pump us 5zip, it's what we generally allow them to do!

So it doesn’t really matter if it’s a strong rangers team or not then as they pump us regardless

Armageddon
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

“Aye but aye but aye but”

We beat the scum at Darkheid, I’ll take that, just beat the rest and we’ll continue to have a great season.

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Yip FTH 

After today's performance.  We'll 'do' Hibs...trust me👍

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So will we be 🤦🏽

Got to be this guy on Wednesday....confidence and belief written all over him...rubs off on the team

craig-gordon-hearts-fc.gif

Naismith puts a huge emphasis on mentally, and doing the basics right. That fell apart today. One thing I think we can be sure of is Naismith won’t accept that from any of his players. He’ll have them back on the training pitch and drumming into them what’s expected. It may even be that he’s seen things today that will change his thoughts on the summer transfer window. He’ll find out even more about this squad on Wednesday night let’s see what they’re made of when Hibs come to Tynecastle, there’s no hiding place and they’ll need to show they can put today out their heads and get stuck into Hibs.  

There’s no point sweeping it under the carpet, it was embarrassing but hopefully a big learning curve for these players. You switch off in Glasgow and you get hammered.

Switched off at 3. Meh move on expected it we wet the bed in Glasgow everytime bar the odd miracle like parkhead.  Rangers will win the league, clements working miracles with that team. 6 points from the next 2. 

Bonus hibs winning they will be back to thinking they are favourites for Wednesday which is the best time to play them 

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We beat Celtic not so long ago, we only need 3 or 4 better players in my opinion. 

Tagawa, Oda, Forrest, Atkinson, and Devlin are not good enough. 

I don't think Rowles is either, but he's good enough against the rest of the league. 

Forrest hasn't been good enough recently....really? Mystic_facepalm.png.785a458f4350cffc86b50bcc09982000.png

Bob Loblaw

Today was our first defeat in 13. It was awful and a terrible performance, but it's amazing how many people want to write off half the squad on the back of what has been a one off shocker, when the same players have us miles ahead in 3rd. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Forrest hasn't been good enough recently....really? Mystic_facepalm.png.785a458f4350cffc86b50bcc09982000.png

He's upped his game recently against the lesser teams, but he's still not good enough IMO.

I watch him get into good scoring opportunities and he makes the wrong decision time and time again. 

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Today was our first defeat in 13. It was awful and a terrible performance, but it's amazing how many people want to write off half the squad on the back of what has been a one off shocker, when the same players have us miles ahead in 3rd. 

You're wrong, the Aussies have been under criticism for a long time now, and they showed themselves up today when they couldn't handle a Rangers team that most people have been slagging over the last 6 months. 

You can get away with the odd mistake against the rest of the league, you can't go making umpteen mistakes against the old firm. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Bob Loblaw
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're wrong, the Aussies have been under criticism for a long time now, and they proved us right today when they couldn't handle a Rangers team that most of us have been slagging over the last 6 months. 

If you've been slagging Rangers I'd day that says as much about your judgement as writing off the Australians as a whole. They've won 17 and drawn 1 out of 19 league games since Clememt took over. 1 defeat in 27 in all competitions. 

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If you've been slagging Rangers I'd day that says as much about your judgement as writing off the Australians as a whole. They've won 17 and drawn 1 out of 19 games since Clememt took over.

I've not, but most people have been slagging dessers etc, claiming that Rangers have spunked 4million on this player and that player, and should be buying Shankland for 5 mil. 

I think we seen today that their 4 million players was money well spent. 

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If you've been slagging Rangers I'd day that says as much about your judgement as writing off the Australians as a whole. They've won 17 and drawn 1 out of 19 games since Clememt took over.

They’ve won 18 of their last 20 league games, the way some on here are going on you’d think they were a struggling team who were there for the taking.

listen, this is my first post ever, but ive supported hearts for a long time and also read this forum for a long time, just never been arsed to post, but the amount of utter trash that gets posted either on here in general or back to you when you   post something that is sensible in terms of hearts, or knowledgeable in general terms of fitbaw, or both, the response is pretty much apocalyptically off the scale, wether its hearts fans genuinly fuming in general, or hibz trampz in disguise,  its became an absolute mess of a so called fitbaw forum, everyc**t just waiting and ready to jump on everything and anything at all times ever, social MEdia at its absolute fu****g worse.

which leads me perfectly to the day, absolutely disgraceful result, absolutely disgraceful performance, unacceptable on every level, no excuses at all for what transpired today.

But, (aye theres a but, obviosly), whats the point in  destroying the players, the management, the tactics, the lineup etc, and also each other on this forum, as at the end of the day, our forms been off the scale the last few months, winning multiple away games on the bounce, coming back from several goals down a few times and not losing, PLUS the undoubted unwavering fact were still well clear in 3rd and never gonna be caught, and, because of the stated above, the players and management have more than enough in the tank mentally to come back from this very quickly,  much more steel, determination, winning mentality and positivity than previous iterations under neilson,  levein and say it quietly, cathro.

AND what better a way to get it back on track than on wednesday against our hopeless idiotic neeboors, who, in theyre infinitely psychotic delusional mindsets would much prefer the so called mythical  "hibs" way of playing, rather than actually winning trophies or games against us, or games against us that involve winning trophies.

sum up, starting wednesday, this is the start, no the start of the end, ie us capitulating like last season, just a blip, a small fall on our road, which before the day everyc**t was well and trully on, our road to the best season in a LONG time, just trust, just believe, just HMFC.

also FTH

Actually expected to get beat, didn’t think it would be so heavy tho.

it will spur on Hibs after they win to think we are ripe for picking , and we all know how that story ends 😃👊

They simply did not allow us to play. Over ran us in midfield, stretched our defence all over the place.

Now we learn from this painful lesson today and move on. Win our next two games - normal service resumed.

Geoff Kilpatrick
55 minutes ago, FTH 1-5 said:

listen, this is my first post ever, but ive supported hearts for a long time and also read this forum for a long time, just never been arsed to post, but the amount of utter trash that gets posted either on here in general or back to you when you   post something that is sensible in terms of hearts, or knowledgeable in general terms of fitbaw, or both, the response is pretty much apocalyptically off the scale, wether its hearts fans genuinly fuming in general, or hibz trampz in disguise,  its became an absolute mess of a so called fitbaw forum, everyc**t just waiting and ready to jump on everything and anything at all times ever, social MEdia at its absolute fu****g worse.

which leads me perfectly to the day, absolutely disgraceful result, absolutely disgraceful performance, unacceptable on every level, no excuses at all for what transpired today.

But, (aye theres a but, obviosly), whats the point in  destroying the players, the management, the tactics, the lineup etc, and also each other on this forum, as at the end of the day, our forms been off the scale the last few months, winning multiple away games on the bounce, coming back from several goals down a few times and not losing, PLUS the undoubted unwavering fact were still well clear in 3rd and never gonna be caught, and, because of the stated above, the players and management have more than enough in the tank mentally to come back from this very quickly,  much more steel, determination, winning mentality and positivity than previous iterations under neilson,  levein and say it quietly, cathro.

AND what better a way to get it back on track than on wednesday against our hopeless idiotic neeboors, who, in theyre infinitely psychotic delusional mindsets would much prefer the so called mythical  "hibs" way of playing, rather than actually winning trophies or games against us, or games against us that involve winning trophies.

sum up, starting wednesday, this is the start, no the start of the end, ie us capitulating like last season, just a blip, a small fall on our road, which before the day everyc**t was well and trully on, our road to the best season in a LONG time, just trust, just believe, just HMFC.

also FTH

Why did you copy and paste the same post on multiple threads?

SectionDJambo

I’ve experienced too many heavy defeats from Celtic and Rangers to be surprised anymore. It’s always very disappointing, but now what is important is how we react to such an embarrassment.

If our players have any real character, they’ll come out on Wednesday and Sunday with real determination to erase it from our memories immediately. 

21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’ve experienced too many heavy defeats from Celtic and Rangers to be surprised anymore. It’s always very disappointing, but now what is important is how we react to such an embarrassment.

If our players have any real character, they’ll come out on Wednesday and Sunday with real determination to erase it from our memories immediately. 

Absolutely. If we can get good showings in the next games that will speak volumes for where we are at

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm a regular in the shed, mate. I normally choose to talk about football elsewhere, because i know what the majority of you are like on here.

You'd still have your beloved Robbie Neilson in charge if it was up to you. 

You asked a question and got an answer.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're wrong, the Aussies have been under criticism for a long time now, and they showed themselves up today when they couldn't handle a Rangers team that most people have been slagging over the last 6 months. 

You can get away with the odd mistake against the rest of the league, you can't go making umpteen mistakes against the old firm. 

Why have you been slagging rangers for 6 months?

They've won the lc, went unbeaten outside celtic and went top of the league?

They also qualified for European knockout football.

Why are most people slagging them?

Who's slagging them?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why have you been slagging rangers for 6 months?

They've won the lc, went unbeaten outside celtic and went top of the league?

They also qualified for European knockout football.

Why are most people slagging them?

Who's slagging them?

Yeah Rangers were comically inept in front of goal early in the season. They've fixed that and are the best team in the country at the moment.

I didn't think their striker signings would work out but they have clearly.

12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why did you copy and paste the same post on multiple threads?

is that really what you took from that? dissapointed as you seem like one of the few on here who actually knows the drills.

to answer, no particular reason, to get my point across i suppose,  as it was a really good f*****g point/points,

dont you think?

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 hours ago, FTH 1-5 said:

is that really what you took from that? dissapointed as you seem like one of the few on here who actually knows the drills.

to answer, no particular reason, to get my point across i suppose,  as it was a really good f*****g point/points,

dont you think?

It's actually spam to post the same thing on multiple threads. Anyway, your post was like most of Kickback, all sound and fury signifying nothing.

Gillsland jack
On 24/02/2024 at 17:09, John Findlay said:

We had a very bad day at the office, however one or two of those Rangers goals were top quality and very few goalies would have kept them out.The players who had howlers will know who they are so I won't be compounding the problem with any negative comments about individuals this morning.

You just hope that during the post mortem video analysis, there is an understanding of what they did and did not do correctly, hopefully they can learn from it.

Batistuta87
On 24/02/2024 at 17:09, John Findlay said:

Spot on JF. 

Hearts Dah's all over Facebook making wild statements about team selection. 

Fact of the matter is that they are many times stronger than us not only in their first team but in depth too, and they were really on their day, so we got a massive pumping. Play like that v Celtic and they'll pump them as well. Changing one or two players for anyone else would not have made the slightest difference.