• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Deviskan

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

Meh. Assuming he's been responsible for every transfer in his time at the club, how many have actually been good business deals? Shankland, Clark (?), Kent and potentially Vargas. The rest? Meh.

Bob Loblaw

His job isn't just signing players, however even if it was, recruitment has been good.  Would be a big loss.

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

His job isn't just signing players, however even if it was, recruitment has been good.  Would be a big loss.

Really , I think if he got lost on his way to Australia and never to be seen again I for one would not give a toss

Bob Loblaw
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Really , I think if he got lost on his way to Australia and never to be seen again I for one would not give a toss

Yes really. Or has he not had a hand in building a squad that's finished 3rd,4th and likely 3rd as well as getting group stage football and making Hampden on numerous occasions? If teams like Brighton seriously have him on the radar people should note that as they are an incredibly well run club.

But hey, we got boabied today, so I'm sure it's all his fault. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
13 minutes ago, Rick James said:

Meh. Assuming he's been responsible for every transfer in his time at the club, how many have actually been good business deals? Shankland, Clark (?), Kent and potentially Vargas. The rest? Meh.

You’d have to do better than that list of players to prove “meh” 

Why don’t you post every signature he’s been involved with and then we can decide. That should also include kids who we’ve extended. 

buzzbomb1958
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Yes really. Or has he not had a hand in building a squad that's finished 3rd,4th and likely 3rd as well as getting group stage football and making Hampden on numerous occasions? If teams like Brighton seriously have him on the radar people should note that as they are an incredibly well run club.

But hey, we got boabied today, so I'm sure it's all his fault. 

Be serious look at the teams below us half of them belong in a pub league we have got half a good side , our defence is shit Rowells and Atkinson are rank rotten our midfield with Grant and Benni since his injury is pathetic Tagawa is absolutely dugshite I’m sorry but a scout is supposed to get the best that your money can buy if that is what he’s done we must have sent him out with £50 in his pocket in my opinion he has failed big time

heartmussel

An article posted while game was still in progress today, no substance to it whatsoever , just sticking the boot in .

Robbo-Jambo
17 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Bongo is waiting for the call

😂😂

3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

You’d have to do better than that list of players to prove “meh” 

Why don’t you post every signature he’s been involved with and then we can decide. That should also include kids who we’ve extended. 

How many of those young players have become key first team players and been sold on for big money? None (yet). If in 5 years time, players who Savage is responsible for keeping on, go and do just that, then yes I will give him his credit. But right now, I'm not seeing this as some sort of tragic news.

Pasquale for King

Easily replaced, by a foreigner hopefully, nae uglies loving weegies please.

29 minutes ago, Chaps said:

It is imbeciles who were suggesting he should go . Thankfully as we hear so often , Kickback is not really representative of the Hearts support . No way there is as high a percentage of dribbling idiots :rofl: 

Edited by Sooks

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Still hasn't found us a right back. How long since Smith left?

Or needed replaced, 3 years probably. 

hmfc_liam06
10 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

An article posted while game was still in progress today, no substance to it whatsoever , just sticking the boot in .

Yep there’s nothing in the article, it’s more of a speculative “could” rather than he’s actually being tracked by clubs.

Benny Klack
28 minutes ago, Rick James said:

🤦‍♂️

Batistuta87

He's been about 50/50 for me. For every good signing there's been a shite one. 

Obviously Shankland has been a masterstroke, but was he identified by Neilson or Savage... 

Edited by Batistuta87

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is imbeciles who were suggesting he should go . Thankfully as we hear so often , Kickback is not really representative of the Hearts support . No way there is as high a percentage of dribbling idiots :rofl: 

Exactly…

Some of the posts on this thread show how very little people on this board actually know and understand. Clowns. 

Benny Klack
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Easily replaced, by a foreigner hopefully, nae uglies loving weegies please.

Yes, a foreigner with absolutely no background or understanding in the Scottish game - brilliant idea 👀

Benny Klack
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I despair at Hearts supporters sometimes . Especially online 

💯

I don’t even think the signings are really his thing, don’t we have a Head of Recruitment?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Yes, a foreigner with absolutely no background or understanding in the Scottish game - brilliant idea 👀

What do you need to know about Scottish football?

What knowledge did Postecoglou or Clement, or the new Rangers SD have?
Would you say the majority of Savage players have been well suited to our game? 
How many players have we signed from other Scottish teams in his time, 3?

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

vladisacoward
36 minutes ago, Rick James said:

Absolutely right. And, if I’m being honest, I’m not giving him personally a huge amount of credit for Shankland or Clark all things considered. 

gordon simpson
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I despair at Hearts supporters sometimes . Especially online 

snap 

vladisacoward
32 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Nope. Me either. Nothing against the guy at all. But he’s very easily replaced. Not fussed whatsoever if he goes.

He's overseen one of the most successful league periods the club has had in ****ing ages. Be careful what you wish for and don't believe all the chat you hear in the boozer. 

Shooter McGavin

Article seems like a pile of s****, but he’d be a bigger loss than people think, imo.

Our recruitment was truly horrific prior to him coming in.

vladisacoward
23 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Be serious look at the teams below us half of them belong in a pub league we have got half a good side , our defence is shit Rowells and Atkinson are rank rotten our midfield with Grant and Benni since his injury is pathetic Tagawa is absolutely dugshite I’m sorry but a scout is supposed to get the best that your money can buy if that is what he’s done we must have sent him out with £50 in his pocket in my opinion he has failed big time

Failed big time is a bit harsh in my view but it’s hard to argue with much of the rest of this.

vladisacoward
18 minutes ago, Rick James said:

How many of those young players have become key first team players and been sold on for big money? None (yet). If in 5 years time, players who Savage is responsible for keeping on, go and do just that, then yes I will give him his credit. But right now, I'm not seeing this as some sort of tragic news.

Very well said.

I want him to stay, we're moving in the right direction on and off the field, but the jobs not done. 

It does sort of beg the question on his potential successor though. Good succession planning is crucial to long term success.

Something that properly wrangles me is the need to change a winning formula, e.g. Celtic appointing Rodgers to succeed Postacoglou. If you have a manager/DOF that is successful and has a specific approach, do you not recruit around maintaining that?

Would be a loss. He's had a couple of iffy windows but far more good than bad. Like his attitude though. Feels he's brought a bit of needle to the club we lacked before him.

vladisacoward
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Article seems like a pile of s****, but he’d be a bigger loss than people think, imo.

Our recruitment was truly horrific prior to him coming in.

Article probably garbage I agree. Not convinced at all he’d be a big loss however.

Couldn't agree more though about our previous recruitment.

Hearts1975

Don't want him to go, personally. This he has done a good job, so far.

Edited by Hearts1975

Benny Klack
4 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

He's overseen one of the most successful league periods the club has had in ****ing ages. Be careful what you wish for and don't believe all the chat you hear in the boozer. 

This

vladisacoward
4 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

He’s not overseen it. And it’s not really a massive success currently either in my view.