Joe Savage offiski?

Chaps

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Hands up…who thinks they can do a better job than Savage because the play FIFA or watch YouTube???

Bongo, put your hand down.

IMG_6323.webp

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Deviskan

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

Just now, Sooks said:

I think you are getting a little bit wound up now . Maybe best to just accept that you struggle a bit with simple statements sometimes and not let that frustration do your head in 

Yeah, I’m bouncing off the walls as I type this…you’ve complexly outdone me in a battle of wits, I’ve basically come to the battle unarmed.

IF

Famous 1874

The article is a whole lot of nothing.

Savage overall I think has done a decent job.
Don’t think he is irreplaceable but the timing wouldn’t be ideal as for once it seems like we actually have a strategy. 

6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Yeah, I’m bouncing off the walls as I type this…you’ve complexly outdone me in a battle of wits, I’ve basically come to the battle unarmed.

IF

No one cares you absolute lunatic.

Away and have a wank ffs.

Thunder and Lightning
13 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Yes, as what you’ve posted is so, so out of my intellectual capacity…it’s a struggle for me to respond.

All I can say is…please tell me again about that time you posted a fact, which actually was meant to say IF in front of it, but didn’t say IF…and that everyone who never realised what you meant was IF is essentially an imbecile?

If only you had said IF huh!

IF IF IF IF IF…only.

IF

If only he could structure a sentence and use punctuation. 😂 

2 minutes ago, Trigger said:

No one cares you absolute lunatic.

Away and have a wank ffs.

You want me to have a wank? Bit of an odd request…are you thinking about that?

You’re not knocking one out yourself are you at the thought of me doing it…its a bit of an odd one if I’m honest, do you normally request this of people online?

Edited by Deviskan

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

If only he could structure a sentence and use punctuation. 😂 

My punctuation is appalling , absolutely garbage . I know this and I am working to improve it but for some reason it is something that I struggle with . It is not a measure of intelligence , but a mild disability ……….. wait hang on a minute , are you mocking me for a disability 

20 hours ago, Rick James said:

Meh. Assuming he's been responsible for every transfer in his time at the club, how many have actually been good business deals? Shankland, Clark (?), Kent and potentially Vargas. The rest? Meh.

Cochrane? Beni? Forrest? McKay? Devlin? Simms? Gino? Guys that have been absolutely crucial at times to our most consistent period this century?

Nearly every signing at our level will be hit or miss, he’s had way more hits than misses.

For the first time in my lifetime Hearts will play in Europe 3 seasons in a row with frequent Hampden trips & plenty memorable results along the way, give the guy some credit for his part in assembling the team..

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Tou want me to have a wank? Bit of an odd request…are you thinking about that?

Youre not knocking one out yourself are you at the thought…its a bit of an odd one if I’m honest, do you normally request this of people online?

Yes.

Yes.

Give it an hour.

All the time.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My punctuation is appalling , absolutely garbage . I know this and I am working to improve it but for some reason it is something that I struggle with . It is not a measure of intelligence , but a mild disability ……….. wait hang on a minute , are you mocking me for a disability 

I’m mocking you for not saying IF.

I better watch though, someone is wanting me to knock one out…I think he might have a sock in one hand and some cocoa butter in the other?!?

Christ…if he has something in both hands then how is he typing?!

Edited by Deviskan

I’m mocking you for not saying IF.

I better watch though, someone is wanting me to knock one out…I think he might have a sock in one hand and some cocoa butter in the other?!?

Christ…if he has something in both hands then how is he typing?!

Good god man , I do not care . If it helps you understand though , I think he was referring to your tedious angst ridden posts and how you really ought to find a way of relieving the tension you are expressing in your posts 

3 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Yes.

Yes.

Give it an hour.

All the time.

That will Be £100 please…

Just now, Sooks said:

Good god man , I do not care . If it helps you understand though , I think he was referring to your tedious angst ridden posts and how you really ought to find a way of relieving the tension you are expressing in your posts 

Odd, there was me thinking I’ve been taking the absolute pish out of you for about 3 pages?

You crack on though…IF

Just now, Deviskan said:

Odd, there was me thinking I’ve been taking the absolute pish out of you for about 3 pages?

You crack on though…IF

That is what I have spent far too long trying to explain to you though , isnt it . You are seemingly incapable of understanding really simple things and yet you just will not relent with the public displays of ignorance :lol: 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That is what I have spent far too long trying to explain to you though , isnt it . You are seemingly incapable of understanding really simple things and yet you just will not relent with the public displays of ignorance :lol: 

I can understand that when you say someone IS something…it means you believe it’s a fact.

I can also understand that when you say IF someone is something…it means it’s not a fact. 

Where are all the posters who say they can do a better job than Savage because they play FIFA?

I’d love, LOVE to be able to post something saying one thing…then when I get pulled up about it, say that I actually meant the opposite…and that because everyone else didn’t understand that then they’re idiots.

Yes or no, can you show even a single example of a poster claiming they could do a better job than savage because they play video games and watch YouTube…just ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE?

I can understand that when you say someone IS something…it means you believe it’s a fact.

I can also understand that when you say IF someone is something…it means it’s not a fact. 

Where are all the posters who say they can do a better job than Savage because they play FIFA?

I’d love, LOVE to be able to post something saying one thing…then when I get pulled up about it, say that I actually meant the opposite…and that because everyone else didn’t understand that then they’re idiots.

Yes or no, can you show even a single example of a poster claiming they could do a better job than savage because they play video games and watch YouTube…just ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE?

Stop shouting man for goodness sakes :lol:

This is not good for you . You should probably take Triggers advice and pop the pressure valve a bit before you do yourself a mischief 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m really bored now, in summary let’s agree you made multiple posts at the start of this thread where you didn’t say what you actually meant to say…you never made yourself clear, you never meant to post statements of fact and instead meant to say IF in front of them.

Just now, Deviskan said:

I’m really bored now, in summary let’s agree you made multiple posts at the start of this thread where you didn’t say what you actually meant to say…you never made yourself clear, you never meant to post statements of fact and instead meant to say IF in front of them.

You are getting bored ? I feel like I have spent the afternoon listening to Nick Montgomery reading the phone book aloud :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stop shouting man for goodness sakes :lol:

This is not good for you . You should probably take Triggers advice and pop the pressure valve a bit before you do yourself a mischief 

Oh dear…do you think typing in capitals means shouting?

Do you have the maturity of a teenager…actually probably, since you appear to like using emoticons too.

Its called highlighting something to try, and clearly fail…in getting a simple answer to a simple question…something you appear incapable of doing.

Anyway I’m offski now, can’t be arsed continuing this further.

Edited by Deviskan

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You are getting bored ? I feel like I have spent the afternoon listening to Nick Montgomery reading the phone book aloud :lol: 

You’re* Mr intellectual…toodleooo

Edited by Deviskan

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

A hard paper round. He can be easily replaced - I won’t lose any sleep if he goes. 

Agreed 

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Mmmm  - not sure there are tbh but admire your confidence, although you haven’t been able to name one noticeably 

There are not an abundance of great managers who would come to us either 

Do we need a great manager, the last 3 who won us cups weren’t exactly world beaters. 
Not my job to know SDs ffs, had you heard of Savage?

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, Sooks said:

Dont you dare tell me what to do grrrrrrr

But no seriously . It is the opinion of a total moron :) 

I got a ban for calling someone a moron. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I got a ban for calling someone a moron. 

Oh well . Anyone who I have specifically called a moron can report me and I will probably receive the same punishment . I will accept that without argument 

I’ll be honest when I saw the title I wasn’t expecting so much w@nking patter 

Edited by BigAlim

Benny Klack
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do we need a great manager, the last 3 who won us cups weren’t exactly world beaters. 
Not my job to know SDs ffs, had you heard of Savage?

I hadn’t heard of Savage no.

Was just wondering where your supreme confidence comes from that there is better out there when you’re saying you don’t know but we should get rid of Savage cos there’s bound to be better.

If there is then great but it’s a risky strategy. Glad your not making the decisions tbh

🙃

Edited by Benny Klack

5 minutes ago, dustybin said:

I'm sure we would survive if he left. 

The point is he is a known quantity . Of course we would survive if he left . The problem is though his replacement could be better or worse . Why would we want to take the chance that he would be worse though ? Savage is doing a good job so the sensible thing to do imo is to let him get on with it . I am not sure surviving is our aim , we want to thrive and we want to build 

Stendelnator

People here missing the point. Savage doesn't have an agent. Where's the story come from? And on the day of a big game where eyes will be on us, to show how well we've been doing up to this point?

The guy is working his ticket and should be questioned heavily about his motives. 

Des Lynam
1 hour ago, dustybin said:

I'm sure we would survive if he left. 

Personally I think we’re doomed. If Savage and Shankland leave in the summer we’ll never sign another decent player or score a goal again. We should enjoy these next few months. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

I hadn’t heard of Savage no.

Was just wondering where your supreme confidence comes from that there is better out there when you’re saying you don’t know but we should get rid of Savage cos there’s bound to be better.

If there is then great but it’s a risky strategy. Glad your not making the decisions tbh

🙃

Did I say better?
I think I said easily replaced, Its not rocket science, theres literally hundreds of people with the experience to do the job.

He started at Hamilton ffs. 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

People here missing the point. Savage doesn't have an agent. Where's the story come from? And on the day of a big game where eyes will be on us, to show how well we've been doing up to this point?

The guy is working his ticket and should be questioned heavily about his motives. 

Spot on, I always got the feeling about the signings from abroad especially were to be sold on and make them look good. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

If he leaves.  Try getting Davie weir in

Not sure he would leave Brighton but hes the type of guy that’s experienced enough to do the job. 

54 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

The problem with Davie Weir is that any success would see him clamouring for a move back to Ibrox. In such a senior position at the club, if he went to domestic rival he could conseivably gut the clubs football department of key personel because people typically want to work with people they are familiar with (which would leave us in an unholy mess). As well as that, he'd have an intricate understanding of our youth set up so we could even end up losing youngsters too. 

I don't think its worth the headache. Football has enough talented people to cast the net a bit further. 

That said, if we could insert a clause to prohibit a direct move to another Scottish team (e.g. some kind of non-compete clause that would prohibit him joining another Scottish team for a period of time, e.g. 24 months) I think it could be worth entertaining. I think it would say a lot about his interest/commitment to the role too. 

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Hands up…who thinks they can do a better job than Savage because the play FIFA or watch YouTube???

Rent free 😁.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

:laugh:

The first post on the thread on the last two pages that wasn't painful.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

The point is he is a known quantity . Of course we would survive if he left . The problem is though his replacement could be better or worse . Why would we want to take the chance that he would be worse though ? Savage is doing a good job so the sensible thing to do imo is to let him get on with it . I am not sure surviving is our aim , we want to thrive and we want to build 

Most replacements are better or worse than the people they replace. No one stays forever in a job.

I can't foresee Savage being hounded out. He's not a team manager. If he does leave it will be his choice. 

Does that mean we shouldn't criticise if he signs a couple of donkeys though? Absolutely not.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, OTT said:

The problem with Davie Weir is that any success would see him clamouring for a move back to Ibrox. In such a senior position at the club, if he went to domestic rival he could conseivably gut the clubs football department of key personel because people typically want to work with people they are familiar with (which would leave us in an unholy mess). As well as that, he'd have an intricate understanding of our youth set up so we could even end up losing youngsters too. 

I don't think its worth the headache. Football has enough talented people to cast the net a bit further. 

That said, if we could insert a clause to prohibit a direct move to another Scottish team (e.g. some kind of non-compete clause that would prohibit him joining another Scottish team for a period of time, e.g. 24 months) I think it could be worth entertaining. I think it would say a lot about his interest/commitment to the role too. 

You not think Savage would do the same if the uglies or any bigger club comes calling, that’s just the nature of the game. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Another blue nose. No thanks.

Great Hearts player. Another Newco kiss @$$ after he left us. Walter got in his heid.

Benny Klack
36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I say better?
I think I said easily replaced, Its not rocket science, theres literally hundreds of people with the experience to do the job.

He started at Hamilton ffs. 

What does the fact he started at Hamilton have to do with anything 🤦‍♂️

You seem to be suggesting he could be easily replaced by literally hundreds of people to do the role but can’t give me one name. Are you seriously suggesting that we just replace him with anyone? 🤪

Like I said - glad you’re not a decision maker.

Not going to respond anymore - you appear not to have a sensible point to make. Enjoy your night mate.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Most replacements are better or worse than the people they replace. No one stays forever in a job.

I can't foresee Savage being hounded out. He's not a team manager. If he does leave it will be his choice. 

Does that mean we shouldn't criticise if he signs a couple of donkeys though? Absolutely not.

Absolutely but when things are going well and we are progressing you do not change things for the sake of a gamble . The quality of player we are signing now is much better than immediately prior to his appointment and we should be trying to build on that , not ripping everything up and losing continuity . We have a funny culture at this club where the fans have no patience for steady improvement and building continuity , one set back and it is time to mow the lawn with Semtex 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sooks said:

Absolutely but when things are going well and we are progressing you do not change things for the sake of a gamble . The quality of player we are signing now is much better than immediately prior to his appointment and we should be trying to build on that , not ripping everything up and losing continuity . We have a funny culture at this club where the fans have no patience for steady improvement and building continuity , one set back and it is time to mow the lawn with Semtex 

This thread has been provoked by a Phil Space article in the Record. Savage is generally an afterthought on here outside of the transfer windows. I don't see anyone "mowing the lawn with Semtex", a ridiculous use of hyperbole.

One thing I will add though. Savage's rep has improved because him and Naismith are far more aligned in comparison to him and Neilson (just my opinion).

Bull's-eye

I think there are lots of posters who play FIFA on the Xstation and think they can do a much better job than Mr Savage. 

Don't think Bongo is one of those individuals btw. He's not mastered his abacus yet.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This thread has been provoked by a Phil Space article in the Record. Savage is generally an afterthought on here outside of the transfer windows. I don't see anyone "mowing the lawn with Semtex", a ridiculous use of hyperbole.

One thing I will add though. Savage's rep has improved because him and Naismith are far more aligned in comparison to him and Neilson (just my opinion).

In all the years I have followed Hearts the biggest issue has always been not replacing players properly and a lack of continuity . The old firm have this sussed and it works for them . Savage has improved this massively and over enough time that continuity of quality will make us more successful . Constantly changing key staff is totally counterproductive if they are doing a good job . One defeat from Rangers and there are fans wanting everyone launched it is a stupid mindset and will do a lot more harm than good

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sooks said:

In all the years I have followed Hearts the biggest issue has always been not replacing players properly and a lack of continuity . The old firm have this sussed and it works for them . Savage has improved this massively and over enough time that continuity of quality will make us more successful . Constantly changing key staff is totally counterproductive if they are doing a good job . One defeat from Rangers and there are fans wanting everyone launched it is a stupid mindset and will do a lot more harm than good

Who is wanting everyone launched? Seriously. People are pissed off but there are hardly mass protests going on.

You're off on tangents that bear no resemblance to reality.

Again, if Joe Savage is actually identifying signings then what exactly is William Lancefield doing?

Edited by BigAlim

been here before
6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who is wanting everyone launched? Seriously. People are pissed off but there are hardly mass protests going on.

You're off on tangents that bear no resemblance to reality.

The Rash doing what The Rash does.

Keeps that post count up, up, up though.