Joe Savage offiski?

Chaps

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Again, if Joe Savage is actually identifying signings then what exactly is William Lancefield doing?

Joe Savage has responsibility for recruitment in negotiating deals. I can point out that your guy Mbappe is not bad at football. It doesn't mean I'm signing him for HMFC.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Deviskan

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You not think Savage would do the same if the uglies or any bigger club comes calling, that’s just the nature of the game. 

I think with Weir there is a more natural link. Like, he's someone the supporters would push, whereas with Savage, in Scottish football terms, he's not really got much name appeal. I think they'd want someone that has either a clear link to the club that the fans can rally behind, or someone with a bit of X factor/ foreign appointment. 

Hearts1975
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This thread has been provoked by a Phil Space article in the Record. Savage is generally an afterthought on here outside of the transfer windows. I don't see anyone "mowing the lawn with Semtex", a ridiculous use of hyperbole.

One thing I will add though. Savage's rep has improved because him and Naismith are far more aligned in comparison to him and Neilson (just my opinion).

Definetely some truth in your last paragraph, for me anyway. 

AM said himself, that succession planning is key. This article, is most probably, a piece of journalistic crap at best, and a rumour doing the rounds, at worst. 

If these types of articles get the blood rushing, and the discussions forthcoming, then the tabloid's are achieving their objectives. 

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who is wanting everyone launched? Seriously. People are pissed off but there are hardly mass protests going on.

You're off on tangents that bear no resemblance to reality.

The first page of the forum

Savage 

The Aussies

there are others too but I can not be arsed checking . After one defeat in 14 games . That is just quite simply stupid 

Des Lynam
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Savage 

The Aussies

there are others too but I can not be arsed checking . After one defeat in 14 games . That is just quite simply stupid 

The Aussies thread was started by @Greedy Jambo ffs. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Joe Savage has responsibility for recruitment in negotiating deals. I can point out that your guy Mbappe is not bad at football. It doesn't mean I'm signing him for HMFC.

So my understanding of the recruitment process would be:

Lancefield gathers a list of signing options sourced from scouts and/or contacts and analyses them.

Naismith decides which ones he wants.

Savage deals with the contract negotiations.

I’ve no doubt there’s more to it but I’m just a fan/pleb but from what I gather the quality of our signings doesn’t leave with Joe 

Edited by BigAlim

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Savage 

The Aussies

The Aussies thread was rightly flamed. As for this one it started about an article and people speculating about its timing and, if Savage leaves, what impact it will have. The two are in no way alike.

Put it another way. Had we got a result at Ibrox, the Aussies thread wouldn't exist but the Savage one would. After all, we have posters whose lives are spent posting links on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

So my understanding of the recruitment process would be:

Lancefield gathers a list of signing options sourced from scouts and/or contacts and analyses them.

Naismith decides which ones he wants.

Savage deals with the contract negotiations.

I’ve no doubt there’s more to it but I’m just a fan/pleb but from what I gather the quality of our signings doesn’t leave with Joe 

Basically in terms of purpose. Lancefield reports to Savage.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Aussies thread was rightly flamed. As for this one it started about an article and people speculating about its timing and, if Savage leaves, what impact it will have. The two are in no way alike.

Put it another way. Had we got a result at Ibrox, the Aussies thread wouldn't exist but the Savage one would. After all, we have posters whose lives are spent posting links on here.

I only read the preview of the thread and the title . Glad it has been flamed 

As for this one , all I have said is that people who want him launched ( the thread that Savage refers to on here ) are morons imo . Doubly if they think they can do a better job based on their YouTube and video game experience 

I stand by that , and would not really have made as many posts on the subject had I not had to break it down in to easily digestible chunks for a certain poster who just would not relent in going on about it 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I only read the preview of the thread and the title . Glad it has been flamed 

As for this one , all I have said is that people who want him launched ( the thread that Savage refers to on here ) are morons imo . Doubly if they think they can do a better job based on their YouTube and video game experience 

I stand by that , and would not really have made as many posts on the subject had I not had to break it down in to easily digestible chunks for a certain poster who just would not relent in going on about it 

If some people want Savage "launched" that's their remit. I don't agree with them but I would add that I've always been sceptical of the director of football structure. So if "launching" him meant "launching" the role then that is something different.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If some people want Savage "launched" that's their remit. I don't agree with them but I would add that I've always been sceptical of the director of football structure. So if "launching" him meant "launching" the role then that is something different.

Personally I think we really need the role and we need to have someone who does it well . I believe Savage performs the role well . The reason I believe we need it , is because many modern first team coaches want to concentrate on managing the players and the team set up on the pitch . The days of traditional managers who want to control everything are fading , and at some point in the not too distant future they will no longer exist . Many first team coaches welcome the easing of responsibility so they can get on with the coaching side of things 

if anything my concern is that all of the things an SD is responsible for might be too much for one man . We seem to have the right balance of responsibility just now though between Chairman , CEO , SD and FTC . That is not something I would have said for a rather long time prior to the appointment of the current people in those positions 

Every part of the club that these people are responsible for are thriving . In my humble opinion it would be folly to start changing them unless they were doing a poor job 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Personally I think we really need the role and we need to have someone who does it well . I believe Savage performs the role well . The reason I believe we need it , is because many modern first team coaches want to concentrate on managing the players and the team set up on the pitch . The days of traditional managers who want to control everything are fading , and at some point in the not too distant future they will no longer exist . Many first team coaches welcome the easing of responsibility so they can get on with the coaching side of things 

if anything my concern is that all of the things an SD is responsible for might be too much for one man . We seem to have the right balance of responsibility just now though between Chairman , CEO , SD and FTC . That is not something I would have said for a rather long time prior to the appointment of the current people in those positions 

Every part of the club that these people are responsible for are thriving . In my humble opinion it would be folly to start changing them unless they were doing a poor job 

And it won't change unless Savage chooses to leave. There's going to be no concerted Savage out protest.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And it won't change unless Savage chooses to leave. There's going to be no concerted Savage out protest.

I would hope not , but that is twice now he has mentioned some of the abuse he receives online . The first time he was referring to people calling him fat and ugly , and this time it was people discussing whether he should be replaced . Now maybe there is an argument for him to not take things so personally and to be less sensitive , but imo a lot of the slagging he takes in both needlessly personal and often just really inaccurate or unfair . That was why I commented as I did , because personally I think he is doing a very good job and it would be stupid to try and push him out . I know you do not believe there is such a campaign and that is fine , you are entitled to that opinion . However I believe there a lot of people talking a whole lot of shit about the guy and they would love to see him gone . He himself seems to be getting the hump with it as he refers , and I hope he realises that a thread on here abusing him is in no way indicative of the feelings of the support in general 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would hope not , but that is twice now he has mentioned some of the abuse he receives online . The first time he was referring to people calling him fat and ugly , and this time it was people discussing whether he should be replaced . Now maybe there is an argument for him to not take things so personally and to be less sensitive , but imo a lot of the slagging he takes in both needlessly personal and often just really inaccurate or unfair . That was why I commented as I did , because personally I think he is doing a very good job and it would be stupid to try and push him out . I know you do not believe there is such a campaign and that is fine , you are entitled to that opinion . However I believe there a lot of people talking a whole lot of shit about the guy and they would love to see him gone . He himself seems to be getting the hump with it as he refers , and I hope he realises that a thread on here abusing him is in no way indicative of the feelings of the support in general 

If I was in football I would stay away from all forms of social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter. I would say though that if he has ambitions above HMFC, the volume of abuse will grow as that hypothetical team should have a bigger fan base.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If I was in football I would stay away from all forms of social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter. I would say though that if he has ambitions above HMFC, the volume of abuse will grow as that hypothetical team should have a bigger fan base.

Depends if this hypothetical team has supporters as bad as some of our online ones . Maybe we are typical of all teams in this respect but I think we have some of the absolute worst in this respect . Certainly up here anyway , maybe some others are as bad in other parts of the UK and beyond . Anyway fair enough I think he needs to apply a bit more context to these things and not take it so personally or think it is the majority view of him . Does not really condone some of the total shit he gets flung at him either though 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Benny Klack said:

What does the fact he started at Hamilton have to do with anything 🤦‍♂️

You seem to be suggesting he could be easily replaced by literally hundreds of people to do the role but can’t give me one name. Are you seriously suggesting that we just replace him with anyone? 🤪

Like I said - glad you’re not a decision maker.

Not going to respond anymore - you appear not to have a sensible point to make. Enjoy your night mate.

The fact he started at Hamilton, aftef an undistinguished playing career, shows there are loads of clubs who have people who can and would do the job. As mentioned above David Weir is one, Dougie Freedman is doing the job at Crystal Palace after deciding not to be a manager.
As I said, hundreds if not thousands of ex players with the potential, dont let your lack of knowledge get you down. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe tell Savage. 
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/joe-savage-my-job-is-about-contacts-communication-and-trust-i-dont-have-down-time-q5nhqwc6q

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think with Weir there is a more natural link. Like, he's someone the supporters would push, whereas with Savage, in Scottish football terms, he's not really got much name appeal. I think they'd want someone that has either a clear link to the club that the fans can rally behind, or someone with a bit of X factor/ foreign appointment. 

They got that. Unfortunately some don’t feel the same about our club when Savage leaves. 

Bad Religion
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Depends if this hypothetical team has supporters as bad as some of our online ones . Maybe we are typical of all teams in this respect but I think we have some of the absolute worst in this respect . Certainly up here anyway , maybe some others are as bad in other parts of the UK and beyond . Anyway fair enough I think he needs to apply a bit more context to these things and not take it so personally or think it is the majority view of him . Does not really condone some of the total shit he gets flung at him either though 

It’s almost as though you know him personally?

I think he’s done a decent job overall, just a shame he had to work with Neilson for the majority of his tenure. 

I wouldn’t be upset if he was to leave on the assumption he is adequately replaced. He like a lot of the players will have greater ambition than playing their whole career at Hearts. As previously mentioned by other posters, no one at the club is irreplaceable. 

Watt-Zeefuik
12 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

It’s almost as though you know him personally?

I think he’s done a decent job overall, just a shame he had to work with Neilson for the majority of his tenure. 

I wouldn’t be upset if he was to leave on the assumption he is adequately replaced. He like a lot of the players will have greater ambition than playing their whole career at Hearts. As previously mentioned by other posters, no one at the club is irreplaceable. 

Wow, that's totally unlike you to bring up our former manager out of the blue.

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Wow, that's totally unlike you to bring up our former manager out of the blue.

Yes, I’m still scarred by him. He’s the one you said would get a top EPL job remember. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's behind a pay wall. 

The headline says he wants to join Juventus, so If he doesn’t want criticism or ridicule he should maybe not say stuff like that.
I like that though, and that he wants us to challenge the uglies. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Yes, I’m still scarred by him. He’s the one you said would get a top EPL job remember. 

😆👍🏽👏🏾🤪

Pete Elliott
15 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Yes, as what you’ve posted is so, so out of my intellectual capacity…it’s a struggle for me to respond.

All I can say is…please tell me again about that time you posted a fact, which actually was meant to say IF in front of it, but didn’t say IF…and that everyone who never realised what you meant was IF is essentially an imbecile?

If only you had said IF huh!

IF IF IF IF IF…only.

IF

Hands up…who thinks they can do a better job than Savage because the play FIFA or watch YouTube???

Bongo, put your hand down.

Yeah, I’m bouncing off the walls as I type this…you’ve complexly outdone me in a battle of wits, I’ve basically come to the battle unarmed.

IF

You want me to have a wank? Bit of an odd request…are you thinking about that?

You’re not knocking one out yourself are you at the thought of me doing it…its a bit of an odd one if I’m honest, do you normally request this of people online?

I’m mocking you for not saying IF.

I better watch though, someone is wanting me to knock one out…I think he might have a sock in one hand and some cocoa butter in the other?!?

Christ…if he has something in both hands then how is he typing?!

14 hours ago, Deviskan said:

I can understand that when you say someone IS something…it means you believe it’s a fact.

I can also understand that when you say IF someone is something…it means it’s not a fact. 

Where are all the posters who say they can do a better job than Savage because they play FIFA?

I’d love, LOVE to be able to post something saying one thing…then when I get pulled up about it, say that I actually meant the opposite…and that because everyone else didn’t understand that then they’re idiots.

Yes or no, can you show even a single example of a poster claiming they could do a better job than savage because they play video games and watch YouTube…just ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE?

gif-of-easter-bunny-chocolates-melting-i

Maybe Savage thought there'd be more interest around him after the 4 years at Hearts. Feels like a dig at the fans a little too. Was Savage upset with the Hearts support when he was having pints with them abroad and dancing on tables during the European games?

We're not unique with the shite that gets written on this forum and other social media sites. In fact we're maybe on the lower end of the scale given the mods ban some swearwords and tidy up the place when it gets really rotten unlike many other football team sites.

14 minutes ago, kila said:

Maybe Savage thought there'd be more interest around him after the 4 years at Hearts. Feels like a dig at the fans a little too. Was Savage upset with the Hearts support when he was having pints with them abroad and dancing on tables during the European games?

We're not unique with the shite that gets written on this forum and other social media sites. In fact we're maybe on the lower end of the scale given the mods ban some swearwords and tidy up the place when it gets really rotten unlike many other football team sites.

I think he referenced this in the past . He does not drink alcohol and he just stood on his seat and joined in some songs according to him . He got quite a lot of snark online for it afterwards as well 

I think he referenced this in the past . He does not drink alcohol and he just stood on his seat and joined in some songs according to him . He got quite a lot of snark online for it afterwards as well 

Are you going to write his biography one day?

1 minute ago, kila said:

Are you going to write his biography one day?

No I just think it is worthwhile to keep a bit of balance and context when laying in to Hearts employees . I feel a bit sorry for the lad in all honesty . I think he does a pretty good job and he also tries to be open and engage with the supporters . Tends to get an awful lot of shit thrown at him imo , and the majority of it feels a bit over the top 

Cheers though , I thought my reply to you was fair enough and non aggravating 

You have the same relentlessness as that poster who pops up when someone says something bad about Rangers :laugh:

14 minutes ago, kila said:

You have the same relentlessness as that poster who pops up when someone says something bad about Rangers :laugh:

You would agree though that there is a pretty fundamental difference in defending the Huns and just looking to add a contrasting opinion to the abuse of a Hearts employee who I think does a good job 

Watt-Zeefuik
15 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Didn't say that, said I thought he'd end up a little higher than he has. But I don't think about him that much, still a fan, but Naisy's doing pretty well at the moment, so I think about that a lot more.

15 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's behind a pay wall. 

Put 12ft.io// before the https part of the link on the search bar and it removes any paywall. Wee hack for you 👍 Saves paying for subscriptions for all these different articles or news pages.

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

In all the years I have followed Hearts the biggest issue has always been not replacing players properly and a lack of continuity . The old firm have this sussed and it works for them . Savage has improved this massively and over enough time that continuity of quality will make us more successful . Constantly changing key staff is totally counterproductive if they are doing a good job . One defeat from Rangers and there are fans wanting everyone launched it is a stupid mindset and will do a lot more harm than good

That's hardly surprising.

I don't know how long you have been supporting Hearts but who could we have got/afforded to replace Dave Mackay or Craig Gordon?

Nookie Bear
18 hours ago, Sooks said:

In all the years I have followed Hearts the biggest issue has always been not replacing players properly and a lack of continuity . The old firm have this sussed and it works for them . Savage has improved this massively and over enough time that continuity of quality will make us more successful . Constantly changing key staff is totally counterproductive if they are doing a good job . One defeat from Rangers and there are fans wanting everyone launched it is a stupid mindset and will do a lot more harm than good

Not sure that is true tbh

They just have more money to chuck around so are likely to get better players and if they sign a dud, can go out and buy another for the same price.

They have the same problems with changing managers as everyone else. From when we played rangers at the end of last season, only 4 of their starting 11 is at the club/starting now.

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's hardly surprising.

I don't know how long you have been supporting Hearts but who could we have got/afforded to replace Dave Mackay or Craig Gordon?

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure that is true tbh

They just have more money to chuck around so are likely to get better players and if they sign a dud, can go out and buy another for the same price.

They have the same problems with changing managers as everyone else. From when we played rangers at the end of last season, only 4 of their starting 11 is at the club/starting now.

See this Rangers team that has overhauled Celtic at the moment ? Fair few of that squad were there before Nosferatu brought in more players 

See when we ran the old firm close in 98 and 05 ? The reason we were shite after that was because we lost and we’re not able to replace the players we lost

It is just really obvious to me . We need to build gradually and hold on to every good player we have with an iron tight fist 

Savage isn't perfect, but what executive is? The path to success for a club our size is hitting on some free agents/cheap transfers and getting some help from the academy. A lot easier said than done.

The academy hasn't hit, but it looks like we're a year two from having a good number of academy kids in the first team.

Joe Savage and his team have hit on transfers and free agents. Guys like Shankland, Kent, Devlin, Cochrane, have all vastly out performed their price tags. Credit to him. Next step is flipping some players for larger returns. Easier said than done, yet Hearts must be better in that area.

I personally hope Hearts can keep around Savage, and give him more resources. Eventually Naismith will move on and I'd be happy trusting McKinlay and Savage to find a a manager whose tactics roughly mirror Naismith's so that there is some good continuity.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

See this Rangers team that has overhauled Celtic at the moment ? Fair few of that squad were there before Nosferatu brought in more players 

See when we ran the old firm close in 98 and 05 ? The reason we were shite after that was because we lost and we’re not able to replace the players we lost

It is just really obvious to me . We need to build gradually and hold on to every good player we have with an iron tight fist 

One might suggest it's obvious to almost everybody.

The question is HOW do we do it?

Edited by JamboAl

2 hours ago, Smithian said:

Savage isn't perfect, but what executive is? The path to success for a club our size is hitting on some free agents/cheap transfers and getting some help from the academy. A lot easier said than done.

The academy hasn't hit, but it looks like we're a year two from having a good number of academy kids in the first team.

Joe Savage and his team have hit on transfers and free agents. Guys like Shankland, Kent, Devlin, Cochrane, have all vastly out performed their price tags. Credit to him. Next step is flipping some players for larger returns. Easier said than done, yet Hearts must be better in that area.

I personally hope Hearts can keep around Savage, and give him more resources. Eventually Naismith will move on and I'd be happy trusting McKinlay and Savage to find a a manager whose tactics roughly mirror Naismith's so that there is some good continuity.

Agreed! I think he's doing a bloody good job TBH - 3rd, 4th & looking like 3rd again. I know he can't directly take credit for the results of the team but compare and contrast his stewardship vs Leveins. Very clear to anyone with eyes that Savage is making good use of the resources he has at his disposal. 

My only concern is that we've spent decent money on Kio and Tagawa and neither have done very well. Doesn't wholly fall on him though, Lancefield is recruitment & Naismith obviously signed off on Tagawa as Robbie did Kio. 

I want to see Savage stay for a long time - lets see how far the European money & the new hotel can take us. The comments in the article doesn't paint the supporters in a great light (but whats new from those rags). Hopefully he knows how much he's appreciated. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

One might suggest it's obvious to almost everybody.

The question is HOW do we do it?

Naisy has gotten slated on here for his "bring in players and expect them to take 6 months to bed in" philosophy but I think it's a great strategy. You not only give players a chance to improve and you risk fewer immediate flameouts, but you're more ready to adapt when your best players move on.

Regarding the academy, folk have been ready to give up on it for a few years but for several of the academy grads that are getting some time, they're the result of improvements made in the last 5-8 years that have taken a while to show dividends. We certainly need to keep finding ways to improve it but it's hardly surprising we didn't get it exactly right the first time when we started picking up the pieces from Vlad's chaos.

Tommy Brown
20 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The headline says he wants to join Juventus, so If he doesn’t want criticism or ridicule he should maybe not say stuff like that.
I like that though, and that he wants us to challenge the uglies. 

Can you plwaae post the article for us guys that don't paying for anything.👍

soonbe110
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Agreed! I think he's doing a bloody good job TBH - 3rd, 4th & looking like 3rd again. I know he can't directly take credit for the results of the team but compare and contrast his stewardship vs Leveins. Very clear to anyone with eyes that Savage is making good use of the resources he has at his disposal. 

My only concern is that we've spent decent money on Kio and Tagawa and neither have done very well. Doesn't wholly fall on him though, Lancefield is recruitment & Naismith obviously signed off on Tagawa as Robbie did Kio. 

I want to see Savage stay for a long time - lets see how far the European money & the new hotel can take us. The comments in the article doesn't paint the supporters in a great light (but whats new from those rags). Hopefully he knows how much he's appreciated. 

That’s just the point - I think with a lot of fans the jury is still out.  Kent, Cochrane, Simms, Beni (before injury) were all excellent signings. His other signings have all been average at best and though some are promising they still have a way to go. Kio, Oda, Tagawa, Grant, Atkinson, Rowles, Hof, Vargas, Devlin, Ginelly first two seasons, all decent but probably  not any better than what we could have signed in the UK. Haven’t included Shankland and Clark because they were Neilson signings. Certainly haven’t sold any of them at a decent profit so far so the recruitment model isn’t yet operating efficiently.  Maybe it will come good this coming summer but as I said, jury is still out. 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Can you plwaae post the article for us guys that don't paying for anything.👍

I don’t pay for that rag ffs, he said he wanted to move to Juventus. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s just the point - I think with a lot of fans the jury is still out.  Kent, Cochrane, Simms, Beni (before injury) were all excellent signings. His other signings have all been average at best and though some are promising they still have a way to go. Kio, Oda, Tagawa, Grant, Atkinson, Rowles, Hof, Vargas, Devlin, Ginelly first two seasons, all decent but probably  not any better than what we could have signed in the UK. Haven’t included Shankland and Clark because they were Neilson signings. Certainly haven’t sold any of them at a decent profit so far so the recruitment model isn’t yet operating efficiently.  Maybe it will come good this coming summer but as I said, jury is still out. 

Ginnelly was a RN signing from the UK. 

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t know that👍. Crap  for two seasons, great for one, didn’t get a big fee for him.Prob similar to most of our signings.  

Hectormasson
23 hours ago, Sooks said:

if it was a bit less than 0-5   people might not have been so  ott about it, and maybe that its the 3rd time in under two seasons, its finished this way ? thats the bit lots are not taking  too kindly too, just getting the dry boaby regular " can see why many folks are pissed off with it, especially the people who pay up the dosh to go and watch it, gardly surprising there are those angry..

soonbe110
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you sure?   Savage signed Ginelly for PNE in Jan 2019, 18 months before he followed Savage to Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

if it was a bit less than 0-5   people might not have been so  ott about it, and maybe that its the 3rd time in under two seasons, its finished this way ? thats the bit lots are not taking  too kindly too, just getting the dry boaby regular " can see why many folks are pissed off with it, especially the people who pay up the dosh to go and watch it, gardly surprising there are those angry..

I am pissed off with it too . A few of my mates were slagging me for being so huffy about it . Watching Scotland retain the Calcutta Cup was a reasonable distraction , but I am still ****ing annoyed at how poorly we dealt with their press at Ibrox

soonbe110
5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Yep, the almost complete capitulation first half is what irked most of those there. I’d guess close to 50% left by ht. By the fifth it was close to an empty section.  Only folk on the streets outside when we left  were Hearts supporters.