Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's Beni off then.

"But with those players coming in and where the club is going it definitely makes you start to think, 'Okay, I'd want to play with these players' because they are good players."

Thats a fairly significant quote, I reckon you're probably right but the inference is that he's thought about it which is something at least. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

Chuck Berry
On 30/03/2024 at 00:16, dazajmbo said:

There's hints and whispers suggesting ZC is away in the summer. That's now from a few credible posters with previous spot on history.  Somethings definitely going on. Personally I've not heard or asked about him. Just basing on the people I've seen talk about it. 

If true it would be a blow, but you can't keep both ZC and CG happy, maybe ZC fancies a go down south or elsewhere and good luck to him if that's the case.

Always found it odd he was without a club for half a season after going out of contract at St.Johnstone.

19/05/2012
10 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Beni Baningime has confirmed he won't make a decision on his future at Heart of Midlothian until the season is finished - but revealed a factor that could sway him to committing long-term.

The midfielder's contract runs until the end of the campaign when he will become a free agent. He has stated that he would not agree to a pre-contract with another team before then or sign the contract extension which has been tabled by Hearts. 

Baningime, however, did admit that the prospect of Blair Spittal, Yan Dhanda and James Penrice arriving in the summer having agreed pre-contracts could help him make his decision.

100 per cent but ultimately I won't be signing any contract with anyone before the end of the season," he said. "We're doing it at the end of the season. I've spoken with my family, there won't be any pre-contract with this team or this team.

"For me, it's focusing on Hearts and finishing third. Last season we let it slip so we still need to hold onto that and hopefully go on and win the cup if we can. That's basically my aim.

"But with those players coming in and where the club is going it definitely makes you start to think, 'Okay, I'd want to play with these players' because they are good players."

Baningime has proven his importance to the team this season after missing the entirety of last season. Since returning from a setback early on in the campaign he has missed just two of the last 32 matches, starting 24 of those.

"I feel great and I've felt great for a long time," he said. "I'm just happy for myself and very thankful for the physios, for the gaffer, for everyone at the club helping me come back and to get me back to me best."

Beni is doing a Ginnelly probably already knows where he is going next season

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's Beni off then.

Not the end of the world,offer is on the table,we can also plan without him.

Tait getting game time now and Nieuwenhof too come back.

gorgierulesapply88

Beni our best player, followed by Boyce & Shankland.

Huge loss, especially given we can now 'spend' and improve other areas.

gorgierulesapply88
15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

If true it would be a blow, but you can't keep both ZC and CG happy, maybe ZC fancies a go down south or elsewhere and good luck to him if that's the case.

Always found it odd he was without a club for half a season after going out of contract at St.Johnstone.

Shamal George to replace Clark, Craig Gordon in goals in the next game.

Felt Clark doesn't really try at shots he knows he's beaten, looking at the Watkins goal he never truly gets off the ground but that happens alot.

Pasquale for King

Clark obviously fancied a move south when he was available all summer 2022, on the back of carrying the hampers in the summer he may well get a decent move and good luck to him as long as we get a decent fee.

23 minutes ago, OTT said:

Reckon he was being polite when asked a loaded question in the interview.

"Beni, with hearts signing Spittal, Dhanda and Penrice on pre-contracts for next season, will the prospect of playing along side these players influence your decision to stay at Hearts?" 

Don't think we should read anything into these comments unfortunately 😕 

Edited by Hansel

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I do think Clark wanted to try down south when he left St Johnstone but nothing suitable came up so his best offer at the time was us. Now he has Scotland caps, has done really well at us, his profile is even higher so a much better chance of getting a decent offer.

I do think if him moving comes to pass then it will be fascinating to see how Hearts proceed. Do we sign another goalkeeper to be first choice, or 2nd choice if Craig Gordon is first choice again. If so what does that mean for Harry Stone who the club often talk about as a future keeper but when does he get a choice.

30 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Doing a Ginnelly while also not wanting to do a Souttar and get the absolute ***** booed out of him until he goes 

22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not the end of the world,offer is on the table,we can also plan without him.

Tait getting game time now and Nieuwenhof too come back.

We needed another DM with Haring going. It's an area we don't have depth. Looking like we need to replace Beni too. Also depends on Devlin and whether Naisy keeps him or not. 

Could do with a bit of presence in that position. 

25 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats a fairly significant quote, I reckon you're probably right but the inference is that he's thought about it which is something at least. 

I'd love it but Mate but I don't think we can compete salary wise. Short career as Beni knows, he's not turning his nose up at 10-20k a week down South or abroad. Fingers crossed though. 

Famous 1874

Dan Phillips to be the Beni replacement imo. 

Zander Clark interesting Celtic I believe. Although I believe he is a Rangers fan. Doesn’t mean much in this game and money talks. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Anyone heard anymore about Phillips from St Johnstone? Loads of posters on here were hearing that he was signing a pre contract with us, but that was weeks ago

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Dan Phillips to be the Beni replacement imo. 

Zander Clark interesting Celtic I believe. Although I believe he is a Rangers fan. Doesn’t mean much in this game and money talks. 

I don’t rate Phillips at all, also GKs for the uglies usually have to be good with the ball at their feet, which I wouldn’t say was his forte.

Chuck Berry
12 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

No surprise given his performances this season.  They'll get a good keeper for not a lot of money - for them - although personally I hope he goes south (if he's leaving).

Fozzyonthefence
37 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Beni our best player, followed by Boyce & Shankland.

Huge loss, especially given we can now 'spend' and improve other areas.

Boyce?!😂. He’s finished as a guaranteed starter for us, even if he is ever fit again.  

I think we’ll cope fine with Beni moving on too.  Much easier to replace a defensive midfielder than find a creative one who scores goals and assists plus we already have a few players who can play there even if Haring moved on. 

Shankland on the other hand ………🙁

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Unless he’s waiting on god deciding 🤪🤦🏽?!?!

Gordons left glove

Would we take tete yengi? Not seen much of him but seems a decent player. Could do with a brick shithouse up front.

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

He’s not good enough for the Championship, he probably didn’t fancy jobbing around league one when we came calling. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Anyone heard anymore about Phillips from St Johnstone? Loads of posters on here were hearing that he was signing a pre contract with us, but that was weeks ago

We have to be wary of having too many players that everybody knows, you need some guys that are a bit of an unknown quantity. 

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Doing a Ginnelly while also not wanting to do a Souttar and get the absolute ***** booed out of him until he goes 

Fair play to him, if he’s got a club lined up he could take an injury or something. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unless he’s waiting on god deciding 🤪🤦🏽?!?!

He’s pretty busy this weekend, maybe hear more next week then :) 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, May98 said:

He’s pretty busy this weekend, maybe hear more next week then :) 

Got all those chocolate eggs to deliver 🤔🤪?!?!

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Got all those chocolate eggs to deliver 🤔🤪?!?!

I think so mate, that’s how he rolls. :lol: 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, May98 said:

I think so mate, that’s how he rolls. :lol: 

😆👍🏽👏🏾

gorgierulesapply88
38 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Boyce?!😂. He’s finished as a guaranteed starter for us, even if he is ever fit again.  

I think we’ll cope fine with Beni moving on too.  Much easier to replace a defensive midfielder than find a creative one who scores goals and assists plus we already have a few players who can play there even if Haring moved on. 

Shankland on the other hand ………🙁

Haring should have been gone in January. Infact when he 'fully' recovered.

29 minutes ago, May98 said:

Fair play to him, if he’s got a club lined up he could take an injury or something. 

Yeah I do not share that sentiment . Honesty or stop flapping your gums about things you can not or will not be able to fulfil imo . I am a Hearts supporter - not a Beni supporter . I would like to be both , but there is no competition if it comes down to a choice 

GavK1012
13 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Danny McNamara would be good RB. Out of contract end of season.

I think he is better staying with Embrace personally, but stranger things and all that ....

🎤🎸🎵

EH11 2NL
10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I am less concerned about breaking our transfer record , unless we absolutely smash it . Some of our best ever signings cost nothing to nominal fees . Spending close to a million can sometimes land you a Vente as much as it can a good player . If we were to spend say two million on a ( as close as you can get ) sure thing in instalments over two years and have the money for that players wages then I would start to get my hopes up 

I am excited about the summer window though , I think it will be our best yet , if we include the pre contract arrivals 

100% in the same boat. The low market we shop in means any money paid is a gamble. One example being Kingsley, he's been one of the best players in Scotland for a few years now, cost us nothing. We could easily have went and spent money on a far worse player. 

Leveins Battalion

There is no chance we are spending £700,000 on Danny Armstrong when we have McKay,Forrest,Vargas and Dhanda who are all just as good if not better.🤣

Deviskan
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There is no chance we are spending £700,000 on Danny Armstrong when we have McKay,Forrest,Vargas and Dhanda who are all just as good if not better.🤣

I think you’re on fairly shaky ground claiming Forrest is better…Armstrong has an end product.

johnking123
13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I can see us doing it.

1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

100% in the same boat. The low market we shop in means any money paid is a gamble. One example being Kingsley, he's been one of the best players in Scotland for a few years now, cost us nothing. We could easily have went and spent money on a far worse player. 

Agreed.

Mirsad Bešlija is our record signing and i still don’t know if he was any good because he was always injured 

10 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

He left St J in the summer of 2022 and signed for us in Sept. He basically missed preseason and a few games, not half a season.

johnking123

Craig Gordon

Harry Stone

Nathaniel Atkinson

Lewis Neilson

Frankie Kent

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Stephen Kingsley

James Penrice

Calem Nieuwenhof

Cameron Devlin

Macauley Tait

Callum Sandilands

Finlay Pollock

Yan Dhanda

Barrie McKay

Alan Forrest

Blair Spittal

Liam Boyce

Kenneth Vargas

James Wilson

Going by some rumours. This will be the squad left. Definitely space left for a signing or five 

17 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Craig Gordon

Harry Stone

Nathaniel Atkinson

Lewis Neilson

Frankie Kent

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Stephen Kingsley

James Penrice

Calem Nieuwenhof

Cameron Devlin

Macauley Tait

Callum Sandilands

Finlay Pollock

Yan Dhanda

Barrie McKay

Alan Forrest

Blair Spittal

Liam Boyce

Kenneth Vargas

James Wilson

Going by some rumours. This will be the squad left. Definitely space left for a signing or five 

Zander Clark? 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Zander Clark? 

Rumour has it he's off in the summer

johnking123
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Zander Clark? 

Clubs wanted him in winter. But Gordon was just back and not a chance. Think he has wanted to play in England for a while.

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Craig Gordon

Harry Stone

Nathaniel Atkinson

Lewis Neilson

Frankie Kent

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Stephen Kingsley

James Penrice

Calem Nieuwenhof

Cameron Devlin

Macauley Tait

Callum Sandilands

Finlay Pollock

Yan Dhanda

Barrie McKay

Alan Forrest

Blair Spittal

Liam Boyce

Kenneth Vargas

James Wilson

So you think Clark, Sibbick, Cochrane, Baningime, Haring, Oda, Tagawa, Shankland, Denholm and Grant will all be off? 10 players of which 7 or 8 have featured heavily this season? That would be extreme. Very extreme.

TM says we paid £900k for Mauricio Pinilla, if that's right would that not make him our record signing?

Edited by feej

Hearing from a good source we've made contact with Nouble regarding pre contract 👍 

Apparently he had a falling out with Martindale because he wasn't signing an extension, so he's been frozen out the team.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So you think Clark, Sibbick, Cochrane, Baningime, Haring, Oda, Tagawa, Shankland, Denholm and Grant will all be off? 10 players of which 7 or 8 have featured heavily this season? That would be extreme. Very extreme.

That is why he said " going by rumours".

4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Hearing from a good source we've made contact with Nouble regarding pre contract 👍 

Apparently he had a falling out with Martindale because he wasn't signing an extension, so he's been frozen out the team.

:D 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Pretty bad stunt double for Shankland if true.

Looks nothing like him.

Uncle Buck
5 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Why? He’s a shit player in one of the worst top flight teams Scotland has ever seen. Would be a disaster of a signing.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Craig Gordon

Harry Stone

Nathaniel Atkinson

Lewis Neilson

Frankie Kent

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Stephen Kingsley

James Penrice

Calem Nieuwenhof

Cameron Devlin

Macauley Tait

Callum Sandilands

Finlay Pollock

Yan Dhanda

Barrie McKay

Alan Forrest

Blair Spittal

Liam Boyce

Kenneth Vargas

James Wilson

We might not ne far of that,  but if that plays out It we'll have taken about £8-£10m in transfers.

Uncle Buck
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Talking nonsense. Armstrong is probably the best winger in the league.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Why? He’s a shit player in one of the worst top flight teams Scotland has ever seen. Would be a disaster of a signing.

Not really,  he'd be an in expensive low risk gamble.

I think he's shite, and would be worried if he replaced Shankland but it would be a low risk, low cost punt.

Disaster is a bit extreme. If it didn't work out he'd move on, no harm done.

johnking123
9 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Naismith just put a wad of money on himself being the first sacked?

Philfigo
2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This would be a terrible signing, I could only ever see him in getting chucked on in last 5 mins of a game that we are really struggling just to cause a bit of hassle to try nick a goal. Would be a total waste of a wage pre contract or not.