Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

54 minutes ago, OTT said:

If it got Armstrong and McCowan in, absolutely all day long.

Agreed.

FWIW, my Ayr supporting mate watched Forrest and McCowan week in week out, including one season where they played together.

He reckons McCowan is far better, or at least was at that time.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

1 minute ago, May98 said:

You could argue that as we have one of the best defenses in the league it's incredibly tough for players to look good against us either. 

O think we defend way too openly at times in all honesty . Too many gaps and it leaves us prone to long hits 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

O think we defend way too openly at times in all honesty . Too many gaps and it leaves us prone to long hits 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like Armstrong but I do think people make him out to be a bit better than he is in all honesty , but he has age on his side and will get even better . Different sort of player for me , I think Armstrong has a far better delivery 

Both true mate. 

15 minutes ago, May98 said:

Both true mate. 

After reading your post I have realised I say “ in all honesty “ too much :lol: 

1971fozzy
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like Armstrong but I do think people make him out to be a bit better than he is in all honesty , but he has age on his side and will get even better . Different sort of player for me , I think Armstrong has a far better delivery 

I watched Armstrong specifically on Saturday and he’s superb. His teammates weren’t on the same wavelength as him and you could see his frustration. His delivery is top drawer and that’s what we are crying out for. I’m not sure what Kilmarnock would want but I’d bet it’s over £1m.  Maybe we could do a few players going in their direction and money ?  He won’t be there for much longer.

it would be a massive statement of intent and if (for instance) we sell Cochrane or Shanklands then we absolutely should reinvest it in the likes of Armstrong. Of course Kilmarnock and the player may have different ideas 

johnking123

The only thing about Armstrong and McCowan is it all reminds me of Forrest. So no guarantee they will be good signings. But out of the pair, I would pick Armstrong as he has a wicked delivery and bit of fight about him.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

I watched Armstrong specifically on Saturday and he’s superb. His teammates weren’t on the same wavelength as him and you could see his frustration. His delivery is top drawer and that’s what we are crying out for. I’m not sure what Kilmarnock would want but I’d bet it’s over £1m.  Maybe we could do a few players going in their direction and money ?  He won’t be there for much longer.

it would be a massive statement of intent and if (for instance) we sell Cochrane or Shanklands then we absolutely should reinvest it in the likes of Armstrong. Of course Kilmarnock and the player may have different ideas 

I do like him . I watched him a bit more closely than normal as well , and I actually think @Cruyff has a point about comparison to Forrest though . I think if Forrest was playing for them and had exactly the same game as he had for us , then a lot of people would be calling for us to sign him . IMO Armstrong will go on to have a better career to look back on though 

Bongo 1874

Focus should be on style of play and what Naismith wants from team,next season.

Philosophy,style of play,we play a possession based style of play and are best, when we press when out of possession.

People have said we don't have the players to play like this.

I disagree big time.

Those are the attributes we should be looking at when recruiting.

We are 1/2 players away from having a very special midfield.

It's going to take a couple massive signings,to achieve this.

Nieuwenhof has shown he can step up and take responsibility, along with the likes of Tait.

Who will come short,and take the ball under pressure etc.

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He's into his final year, so unless they can create a bidding war, I think £1m is a stretch. He's a quality player, but he's already failed down south and (despite his agent being a mega hun) I don't think he's at the level where Rangers would want. 

Hopefully we can put together a good deal that Killie will take. If that meant losing Forrest, or Boyce or McKay, thats a deal I'd do without a second thought TBH. 

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

After reading your post I have realised I say “ in all honesty “ too much :lol: 

:lol: you been on a Scottish football cliche course hosted by Derek Ferguson per chance?

22 minutes ago, OTT said:

He's into his final year, so unless they can create a bidding war, I think £1m is a stretch. He's a quality player, but he's already failed down south and (despite his agent being a mega hun) I don't think he's at the level where Rangers would want. 

Hopefully we can put together a good deal that Killie will take. If that meant losing Forrest, or Boyce or McKay, thats a deal I'd do without a second thought TBH. 

Shankland is in exactly the same situation, our best player and most influential and we will be wanting a lot more than £1m.  They won't sell Armstrong on the cheap either. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Sound won't travel in a vacuum. 

Excellent point. Need to rely on finger poking 😁

48 minutes ago, May98 said:

Shankland is in exactly the same situation, our best player and most influential and we will be wanting a lot more than £1m.  They won't sell Armstrong on the cheap either. 

Small club, different financial situation - I do agree though with the principle that we can't expect Killie to part with Armstrong easily or willingly. 

Just need to make sure the deal we put infront of them is tempting enough. Offering up someone like Forrest or McKay along with a fair transfer fee could be as good a deal as Killie are likely to get. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Focus should be on style of play and what Naismith wants from team,next season.

Philosophy,style of play,we play a possession based style of play and are best, when we press when out of possession.

People have said we don't have the players to play like this.

I disagree big time.

Those are the attributes we should be looking at when recruiting.

We are 1/2 players away from having a very special midfield.

It's going to take a couple massive signings,to achieve this.

Nieuwenhof has shown he can step up and take responsibility, along with the likes of Tait.

Who will come short,and take the ball under pressure etc.

1 or 2 players away from having a special midfield…so basically we need to sign a new midfield then? 😂

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Small club, different financial situation - I do agree though with the principle that we can't expect Killie to part with Armstrong easily or willingly. 

Just need to make sure the deal we put infront of them is tempting enough. Offering up someone like Forrest or McKay along with a fair transfer fee could be as good a deal as Killie are likely to get. 

That's exactly the type of attitude the bigots would have about us.  Thinking we need the money not really knowing the financial situations tbh but do get your point.

Would they players want to move to Killie though?  I do think they will cash in, I think he will be Glasgow bound. 

3 minutes ago, May98 said:

That's exactly the type of attitude the bigots would have about us.  Thinking we need the money not really knowing the financial situations tbh but do get your point.

Would they players want to move to Killie though?  I do think they will cash in, I think he will be Glasgow bound. 

His agent is a mega hun, the same one that moved Cummings, King, Holt, Halliday, Jack, Wright and tried with Walker to Ibrox. So it wouldn't surprise me if he's pimping him to the absolute max at Ibrox, but at 26, I'm not sure if he'd be of interest to them - Scott Wright was younger when he moved, and is still there. A quick look online, and you've got the bored fanzines and some pundits but outside of that, very little concrete interest. 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

No wide player or winger at our level is going to look great against that defence we were up against on Saturday . They are set up to sit deep in a gang like musk oxen trying to repel wolves

4 CB's across their back 4 on Saturday. Land of the giants stuff. 

Just now, Carter said:

4 CB's across their back 4 on Saturday. Land of the giants stuff. 

Totally , makes for a horrible game to watch . Stodgy 

1 hour ago, May98 said:

:lol: you been on a Scottish football cliche course hosted by Derek Ferguson per chance?

Listen , at the end of the day , yer man was standing up well , but its a game of two halves and he got back in to it so he did , didnt he

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

His agent is a mega hun, the same one that moved Cummings, King, Holt, Halliday, Jack, Wright and tried with Walker to Ibrox. So it wouldn't surprise me if he's pimping him to the absolute max at Ibrox, but at 26, I'm not sure if he'd be of interest to them - Scott Wright was younger when he moved, and is still there. A quick look online, and you've got the bored fanzines and some pundits but outside of that, very little concrete interest. 

Houndsworth or somesuch ? Agent Orange ………… an absolute walloper of a boy who has actively damaged some players careers in terms of playing at the highest level they could aspire to

Horrible wee Hun rat  

Bongo 1874
19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

1 or 2 players away from having a special midfield…so basically we need to sign a new midfield then? 😂

I would argue Tait and Nieuwenhof,have shown just in my opinion that they can play and be trusted in those central midfield areas.

That's in a midfield 2 4231.

Tait is young and still learning.

More so to do with in my opinion to combat playing in Europe, then having league games to deal with.

Having better squad options to rotate with.

Something Newcastle My English team have struggled with massively this season,resulting in over playing players which results in Injuries.

High tempo football comes with that risk.

That's why you need a squad especially if you want to go deep and far,In all competitions, which I want Hearts to do and become.

Just my opinion again but we are missing two extra central midfield players,in the mould of Alex Mowatt and Allan Campbell problem wages etc.

But Tait being left footed would be a great sub to have for someone like Mowatt also being left footed,but most importantly someone to learn from who has regularly played English Championship Football.

Allan Campbell would be a great mentor for Calem Nieuwenhof,who plays very similar to him.

My view point we play high tempo football and have the same luxury Celtic & Rangers and better teams have.

This is a problem as it costs money,something we have to be clever with.

No disrespect to Beni he's a very good midfielder, does a good job,but the amount of times it opened up on Saturday and he wouldn't have a shot,was extremely disappointing.

We need different Nieuwenhof is different,he will have a shot.

Apologies if it comes across as rant,I love football and i am deeply intrigued with how Hearts develop as a club.

My example of Newcastle and the point I make? Squad depth isn't good enough yet to seriously challenge top 4 or either for the title yet.

So it was to be expected for them to drop off,especially with all the big hitters in that league.

Our situation is different a little,we need to improve but sustain 3rd place.

My main point you need a strong squad for the whole season.

And I think Savage and Naismith are working towards that.

My example of Nieuwenhof being similar. And how campbell could be a great mentor.

kingantti1874

How’s sammy silvera doing at Middlesbrough? Getting much of a look in.

We bid a hefty amount for him last summer 

JimmyCant
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How’s sammy silvera doing at Middlesbrough? Getting much of a look in.

We bid a hefty amount for him last summer 

He’s done next to nothing, which can happen when you choose a shite no mark club just for the money. 4 goals in 32. Mostly off the bench. 

Edited by JimmyCant

jr ewing
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Excellent point. Need to rely on finger poking 😁

😁

Ricardo Quaresma
54 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not sure McKay is going to agree to a killie move, or they would pay him what he would want

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s done next to nothing, which can happen when you choose a shite no mark club just for the money. 4 goals in 32. Mostly off the bench. 

Almost 30,000 at their game today.  A pretty big club you could say.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Listen , at the end of the day , yer man was standing up well , but its a game of two halves and he got back in to it so he did , didnt he

Nailed it so ye have :lol: 

Armageddon
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not sure McKay is going to agree to a killie move, or they would pay him what he would want

We should also throw in Malaury Martin, he’s down to his final 3 years with us.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No he wouldn’t.  Forrest has had a good season but he is very inconsistent and always wants to cut inside (maybe a spell on the right would sort that) and I’d much rather have Armstrong from Killie.  Dundee have Cameron and McCowan who lots of posters on here want us to sign.  I like the look of Cameron from what I’ve seen and reminds me of his namesake. 

Forrest cuts inside when hes on the right also, unfortunately he only scores goals such as those against Hibs extremely rarely. 
He wont start much next season when we have better options. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

:kirklol:

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Houndsworth or somesuch ? Agent Orange ………… an absolute walloper of a boy who has actively damaged some players careers in terms of playing at the highest level they could aspire to

Horrible wee Hun rat  

Yep. You could almost forgive the moves West if he was actually a decent agent, but Walkers move down south was an absolute trainwreck. Illsuited move to Wigan followed by an utter waste of time at Peterborough. 

Guys a 1 trick money and if he can't get his client to Ibroke then he's out of ideas.

IIRC Levein wouldn't deal with him after the Walker saga?

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yep. You could almost forgive the moves West if he was actually a decent agent, but Walkers move down south was an absolute trainwreck. Illsuited move to Wigan followed by an utter waste of time at Peterborough. 

Guys a 1 trick money and if he can't get his client to Ibroke then he's out of ideas.

IIRC Levein wouldn't deal with him after the Walker saga?

He slithered his way in to the heads of all our kids from the Championship season like McGhee , Walker , Holt and King . Levein got frustrated with his shit and tried to only deal with agents that he trusted . This unfortunately led to claims that he was involved in cronyism because he avoided agents like him and instead dealt with Colquhoun and a few contacts abroad like MDV 

17 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'm not sure Barrie is going to have a plethera of options. Doesn't score enough goals and his assists dried up after his first season, now looking extremely injury prone and consistently goes missing in big games. 

He's 29, he'd be silly not to seriously consider a long term deal from a club like Killie. 

JimmyCant
21 minutes ago, May98 said:

Almost 30,000 at their game today.  A pretty big club you could say.

Yep, a pretty big shitey non achieving no mark club which pays lots of money to mediocre players

JimmyCant
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not sure Barrie is going to have a plethera of options. Doesn't score enough goals and his assists dried up after his first season, now looking extremely injury prone and consistently goes missing in big games. 

He's 29, he'd be silly not to seriously consider a long term deal from a club like Killie. 

He looked ‘bulky’ on Saturday as well.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He slithered his way in to the heads of all our kids from the Championship season like McGhee , Walker , Holt and King . Levein got frustrated with his shit and tried to only deal with agents that he trusted . This unfortunately led to claims that he was involved in cronyism because he avoided agents like him and instead dealt with Colquhoun and a few contacts abroad like MDV 

I know that Levein got a lot wrong, but certain stuff like that was absolutely the correct approach. Houldsworth literally cannot help himself but pimp his clients to Ibrox at the first opportunity. Maybe he likes the pat on the head in hospitality? 

Scott Wright went to Rangers far too early, and its been detrimental to his career. Likewise, Billy King had absolutely zero business playing for Rangers. Jason Holt shouldn't be going from Rangers to a club like Livi in his prime either. He's tried whoring Ross Graham there too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't agents supposed to look after their clients whole career? Not just take the short term option that they're clearly not ready for.. 

He also made the situation at Hearts & Hibs completely untenable for Jamie Walker and Scott Allan because he was hell bent on Ibrox at all costs - Allan ended up wasting the best days of his career kicking his heels at Celtic because Hibs wouldn't budge on not selling to RA PEEPUL

https://rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/rangers-ross-graham-transfer/

An agent that I genuinely hope remains on the do not fly list at Tynecastle to the end of time. Would sicken me if any of our academy graduates entertained that prick. 

Easy enough to track though : https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trueno-sports/beraterfirma/berater/10769

Edited by OTT

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not too happy with the McKay situation, he seemed keen at the weekend though but I wish he'd keep the ball with our players more, like he did his 1st Season with us

jr ewing
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not too happy with the McKay situation, he seemed keen at the weekend though but I wish he'd keep the ball with our players more, like he did his 1st Season with us

We've seen the best of him. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, jr ewing said:

We've seen the best of him. 

It seems that way

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Spot on.  Barrie will be fortunate to land a club like Killie when he leaves us.

Armageddon
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Any rumours of a right back?

Easily the biggest transfer window failing for 3 years now.

jr ewing
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Easily the biggest transfer window failing for 3 years now.

Hope management aren't forgetting we don't have one. Need reminding frequently. 

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yep, a pretty big shitey non achieving no mark club which pays lots of money to mediocre players

In comparison to coming to us, a smaller club with less money to pay and achieving just as much?  Decisions decisions. 

Edited by May98

HeartsandonlyHearts
48 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

You forgot the 4th year player option.

He’ll definitely take us up on that.

jamboinglasgow
37 minutes ago, OTT said:

I never understand this narrative about McKay. He has been our top assist provider the last two seasons, so though he assisted less than the previous season he still was a key player. The missing in big games is that under Neilson he was used as our only creative player so big teams marked him out of the game. If we had another creative player than it would provide McKay more space to make a difference. As for the injury prone, he has had a bad season this year, but in the previous two seasons he played 86 games, hardly someone who always breaks down.

A lot of times absence makes a players reputation greater in the mind of fans, I feel for McKay its the opposite.

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I never understand this narrative about McKay. He has been our top assist provider the last two seasons, so though he assisted less than the previous season he still was a key player. The missing in big games is that under Neilson he was used as our only creative player so big teams marked him out of the game. If we had another creative player than it would provide McKay more space to make a difference. As for the injury prone, he has had a bad season this year, but in the previous two seasons he played 86 games, hardly someone who always breaks down.

A lot of times absence makes a players reputation greater in the mind of fans, I feel for McKay its the opposite.

I agree with you . Smashing player is wee Barrie 

Bad Religion
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

His goals and assist return is really poor for a player of his quality in this league. 

IMG_4757.png

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Absolutely, a far better player than Forrest for example. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal