Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated/merged )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

37 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Scouted and recommended by the Same Guy and Support team that did a good job getting the money back.  We had been monitoring him for a while. The question is "Why"? 

I was trying to find what the Germans were saying about him, and they're far from impressed with what they bought too :lol: 

Thank **** we were able to shift him. Awful piece of business bringing him in to begin with. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Pasquale for King

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

AC Mallin_51

Options in the attacking mid/winger areas of the field are exciting next year. Dhanda, Oda, Spittal, Forest, Vargas, McKay and I still think Tagawa will come onto a game

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The thing about Vargas is he is prepared to work,he has talent,but is prepared to be aggressive and work,really he should be played as the main forward,unfortunately he has someone at the moment who occupys that position.

Very likable player,if we can get him Oda and Bazza working together.

We will have a very special team.

Then imagine if you could put a quality central midfield player,not going to say his name 🤣 and add Armstrong to our team.

Crazy potential at this club.

I like the idea of those three together. Oda this season is on a goal almost every 180 minutes which considering he has been in and out of the team is a great return (I thought his goal against County was simple but effective use of getting in the box, quickly accelerating to get a yard in front of the defender and putting it in.)

I always think McKay is underrated by Hearts fans, last season was not as big as his first season but still produced a lot. I think this season we have badly missed that creative player. At the start of the season I thought we were well sorted with McKay and Lowry, but McKay got injured and Lowry just didn't step up. Having McKay and Dhanda next seaosn is an exciting prospect.

Attacking players in Shankland, Vargas, Oda, Mckay, Dhanda, Spittal, Forrest are exciting, plus if Boyce is ever fit again and Tagawa clicks (especially with more creative players) then its great there.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I was trying to find what the Germans were saying about him, and they're far from impressed with what they bought too :lol: 

Thank **** we were able to shift him. Awful piece of business bringing him in to begin with. 

Absolutely dreadful signing. Knew it on first sight of him. Just nowhere near it. 

Good piece of business with Vargas , he has the real potential to be a big player for us. Can see him being sold on in a couple of years for big money 

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )
1 hour ago, fila said:

Good piece of business with Vargas , he has the real potential to be a big player for us. Can see him being sold on in a couple of years for big money 

Aye, he has the raw talent, its just the decision making in the final 3rd. 

If Naismith can properly work with him on that, then he'll be onto something. 

gregzy2k7

Great signings,

Shaping up well for next season,

So what else do you think we need heading into the new season,

I feel we need a 

RWB/RB

RCB (if Sibbick goes)

DM (If Beni goes)

Striker or 2 x Striker (If Shankland goes)

So between 2-5 more signings depending on players staying or going for me. 

Edited by gregzy2k7

JimmyCant
24 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Great signings,

Shaping up well for next season,

So what else do you think we need heading into the new season,

I feel we need a 

RWB/RB

RCB (if Sibbick goes)

DM (If Beni goes)

Striker or 2 x Striker (If Shankland goes)

So between 2-5 more signings depending on players staying or going for me. 

If no one BIG leaves, I think a quality CB and a quality striker and we’re there. Beni unlikely to stay IMO which would be a bit shite of him considering we rehabbed him from a bad injury. Pay us back with another year then go FFS. Anyhoo, he goes and we need a like for like for him.

Edited by JimmyCant

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The thing about Vargas is he is prepared to work,he has talent,but is prepared to be aggressive and work,really he should be played as the main forward,unfortunately he has someone at the moment who occupys that position.

Very likable player,if we can get him Oda and Bazza working together.

We will have a very special team.

Then imagine if you could put a quality central midfield player,not going to say his name 🤣 and add Armstrong to our team.

Crazy potential at this club.

I agree that he looks better as an out and out forward rather than a wide player, but Naismith likes to mix up the formation, so he'll get plenty of opportunities playing more centrally.

In a 4-4-3, he'll be one of the wide attackers, if we go 5-3-2 with wing backs, he could play up front alongside Shanks.  If we go 4-2-3-1, he could play as the 1, with Shanks playing behind in a 10 role.

To me he has similar attributes to Gino, who started out with us as more of a wide player, but really came onto his game when we played him in a more central attacking role.

Final point - are you teasing us about adding an unnamed quality central midfielder, or just wishful thinking?  If you are aware of something, can you give any clues?  Also, when you mention adding Armstrong to our team, is that also just wishful thinking on your part, or is there any substance to it?  

WASTREL
11 hours ago, OTT said:

😅

We seem to be doing a really good job of monitoring the contact length of our squad players vs better players from around the league. 

We don’t seem to get stuck with anyone not making an impact for very long, and the succession planning seems to be leading to upgrades every time. 

Feels like there will be less of a drop off between starters and bench next season, which is great given Naismith’s enthusiastic use of subs. 

kingantti1874

I think we will have more deals in the bag, but won’t reveal just now to ensure No squad disruption.

remaining targets should be 

Ryan strain. Who we were after last summer. out of contract. 

Allan Campbell .  25 years old and apparently wants to come back to Scotland.  Out of contract. 

Luke McCowan, Danny Armstrong, Lyle Cameron. I have- Feeling we will attempt to drop some decent money on one of this group. 

We need one more striker and possibly  2 depending on what happens 

Haring, Sibbick, Beni I don’t expect to be around. Not sure if we have a chance to extend lembikisa or not. Boyce I’m afraid is not going to trouble the starters. Tagawa I think we will look to move on and we will need to make a judgement call with Halkett.  Feels like we need one more center back even if he is fit. Maybe we will just give Neilson another go. (Though I’m not convinced with his defensive capabilities )

Edited by kingantti1874

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think we will have more deals in the bag, but won’t reveal just now to ensure No squad disruption.

Allan Campbell .  25 years old and apparently wants to come back to Scotland.  Out of contract. 

Luke McCowan, Danny Armstrong, Lyle Cameron. I have- Feeling we will attempt to drop some decent money on one of this group. 

Haring, Sibbick, Beni I don’t expect to be around. Not sure if we have a chance to extend lembikisa or not. Boyce I’m afraid is not going to trouble the starters. Tagawa I think we will look to move on and we will need to make a judgement call with Halkett.  Feels like we need one more center back even if he is fit. Maybe we will just give Neilson another go. (Though I’m not convinced with his defensive capabilities )

We haven’t announced any of the pre contracts so that isn’t really an issue. I don’t think we will have any in the bag yet but definitely working on them.

16 hours ago, BehindYou said:

Can’t remember the club being on the front foot this much with signings before, it’s absolutely tremendous! 

Agree. This is more like it and exactly what we haven't been doing for a long time now. Credit to Savage and co for moving so swiftly and getting things done early doors. 

To think we still have the summer transfer window to go. Feel like we'll have a few big signings arriving. 

Ex member of the SaS
18 hours ago, Wilson said:

Vargas is nicknamed Huevito. Little egg?

Don't speak the lingo but we need to change his name to WEE GEM! I can see him developing into a cracking player for us.

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, Disco Ball said:

Scouted and recommended by the Same Guy and Support team that did a good job getting the money back.  We had been monitoring him for a while. The question is "Why"? 

Always struck me as the typical Hearts midfielder at the time. Good possession stats (because they never actually tried anything other than pass it sideways) and dependable in a 6/10 every week kind of way.

I can imagine his stats that we chose to focus on were decent but we need more than that.

17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't speak the lingo but we need to change his name to WEE GEM! I can see him developing into a cracking player for us.

Joyito 💎

26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

It's a lot of crap. Just agent trying to drum up business.

Guaranteed. I don't know why people take Transfermarkt so seriously with regards to that kind of stuff, and player transfer values. The only thing that it's useful for are statistics and contract lengths.

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Guaranteed. I don't know why people take Transfermarkt so seriously with regards to that kind of stuff, and player transfer values. The only thing that it's useful for are statistics and contract lengths.

Pro clubs use Transfermrkt so MV's are sometimes OK. Sometimes

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pro clubs use Transfermrkt so MV's are sometimes OK. Sometimes

How do you know that?

Also a player's value can only be determined by the club, not a figure decided by some site on the internet.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Chimp said:

How do you know that?

Also a player's value can only be determined by the club, not a figure decided by some site on the internet.

I have read that somewhere too that some clubs use it to determine what to bid for a player.

Turkishcap

😅 Anyone else achieved Kennylinguss yet?

Edited by Turkishcap
Totally locked up.

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I have read that somewhere too that some clubs use it to determine what to bid for a player.

Even if that's true, I don't see how it has any bearing on what a club will accept. 

Edited by Chimp

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Just watched a couple of videos of him in training and he does look impressive. But its training. And its probably in Turkey or something.

He's 170cm, so, not for me

Bring back big fizzical Hearts, I say 🙂

Bongo 1874
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

I agree that he looks better as an out and out forward rather than a wide player, but Naismith likes to mix up the formation, so he'll get plenty of opportunities playing more centrally.

In a 4-4-3, he'll be one of the wide attackers, if we go 5-3-2 with wing backs, he could play up front alongside Shanks.  If we go 4-2-3-1, he could play as the 1, with Shanks playing behind in a 10 role.

To me he has similar attributes to Gino, who started out with us as more of a wide player, but really came onto his game when we played him in a more central attacking role.

Final point - are you teasing us about adding an unnamed quality central midfielder, or just wishful thinking?  If you are aware of something, can you give any clues?  Also, when you mention adding Armstrong to our team, is that also just wishful thinking on your part, or is there any substance to it?  

Wishful thinking.

I think we will sell and make money next season.

Rowles,Cochrane, 

Shankland maybe.

I would really like a championship club to come in and offer £5/6mil just don't want him sold to our league.

Would rather keep him but it may not be possible.

There is definitely still life after Shankland if he goes 😀.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

It's a lot of crap. Just agent trying to drum up business.

image.gif.33540e40e723eb77a4a59df8e9b424cf.gif

Wunderkinds too :lol:

Bongo 1874
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Armstrong will be hard to get i imagine, but with fans bringing him up etc at club meetings with fans.

They will be aware that he is a player the Hearts supporters want and can get behind,his numbers in our league stand out too.

If the club wanted to make a statement, signing him would certainly be it.

His stats don't lie.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

I don't, for any of those, just in case you believe that; I thought it was pretty obvious

The valuations are garbage, but if they go up, there's real reasons why; they don't go up enough either though

busbyfth
13 hours ago, OTT said:

Aye, he has the raw talent, its just the decision making in the final 3rd. 

If Naismith can properly work with him on that, then he'll be onto something. 

And SN is the very man to do that with how/where he operated !!! (potentially great bit of business)

36 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't, for any of those, just in case you believe that; I thought it was pretty obvious

The valuations are garbage, but if they go up, there's real reasons why; they don't go up enough either though

No I wasn't meaning yourself mate, I knew you were meaning it in a comical way judging by the laughing face.

It's just that there's a few on here who quote that site like it really means anything in that regard when it has little to no relevance whatsoever. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Chimp said:

How do you know that?

Because I do. Its actually the first place some clubs will look for some basic insight into a player. For more detail they will use WyScout, which uses Transfermrkt as a one of its many data sources. Despite what you might think they don't just pluck numbers out of the sky. They have all sorts of analysts and industry professionals feeding in data and other information. A very basic way of estimating a players' value is looking at their clubs' revenue, stock/share prices, the earning power of the club and the league they compete in, potential prize money, and the player's contribution towards that to form an estimate. And I should stress it is an estimate. They're not saying this player is worth this much and anyone buying him shouldn't pay a penny more - they're saying based on these factors this player is worth approximately £x. 

Also a player's value isn't determined by their club. Their price is. There's a difference between price and value. Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He's 170cm, so, not for me

Bring back big fizzical Hearts, I say 🙂

Didn't notice haha - he'll be like wee Karamoko Dembele at Celtic :D 

RustyRightPeg
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

We haven’t announced any of the pre contracts so that isn’t really an issue. I don’t think we will have any in the bag yet but definitely working on them.

Players talk though. The boys in the building will know who's coming in, probably before it was announced in the press. 

soonbe110
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sure I read somewhere that Strain is going down south, deal already done.  Can’t remember club. 
Campbell would be a great signing. 

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sure I read somewhere that Strain is going down south, deal already done.  Can’t remember club. 

Hope not with strain.  Would be a good acquisition 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I think Coventry was mentioned previously on this thread.

soonbe110
17 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

👍

TheBigO
20 hours ago, OTT said:

Ach yeah it didn't work, but our percentages are high I'd say.  There'll always be ones where it all seems to add up and doesn't work and at that point hindsight is crystal!

Maybe Tagawa this year?  Hopefully not as I still think the boy can play, just needs to click.  But point is some will be OK and no more, some will be solid, some will be sensational and, unfortunately the odd one will be pish.

There was a time within the last few years the above categories were loaded very differently!!!

TheBigO
19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I like the idea of those three together. Oda this season is on a goal almost every 180 minutes which considering he has been in and out of the team is a great return (I thought his goal against County was simple but effective use of getting in the box, quickly accelerating to get a yard in front of the defender and putting it in.)

I always think McKay is underrated by Hearts fans, last season was not as big as his first season but still produced a lot. I think this season we have badly missed that creative player. At the start of the season I thought we were well sorted with McKay and Lowry, but McKay got injured and Lowry just didn't step up. Having McKay and Dhanda next seaosn is an exciting prospect.

Attacking players in Shankland, Vargas, Oda, Mckay, Dhanda, Spittal, Forrest are exciting, plus if Boyce is ever fit again and Tagawa clicks (especially with more creative players) then its great there.

Agree with all of this.  I think it's a shame wee Oda has had a stop start season, every time he's looked like he's sharp, he's missed a game or two.  His impact is great, especially from the bench.

A 442 if we played it on occasion with Barrie and Oda wide and Shanks and Vargas up top is a lovely lovely thought.  But we wont play it often you feel.  As you point out, what options we have as things stand!!!  You'd think we'll recruit too (tho sadly there is a Shanks saga to come you feel)

johnking123
52 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Baccus is wanted by Coventry 

Bongo 1874
20 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I Enjoy your posts.

Being attacking,you need a player to be disciplined and protect the back four.

This is why I prefer 433 as a formation.

Allowing the other two midfielders to go and support and press high.

4231 both central midfielders need great communication and understanding,and need to know when to go and when to stay.

Naismith will be fully aware of this.

This is why I have previously wanted Toby to play this role.

Just sit infront of back four and redistribute the ball,to the more skilled players.

Having this or two in the middle that have a great understanding and partnership of when to stay and when to go,will allow our more attacking players freedom to express themselves,that doesn't mean they don't press when out of possession and work hard for team though.

Agree with you fully about attacking players.

Edited by Bongo 1874

FarmerTweedy
On 24/03/2024 at 21:30, Drylaw Hearts said:

This should be a thing for us in all deals imo.

The buying club can’t lose so would rarely ever disagree.

The buying club would lose whatever we'd gain.

Drylaw Hearts
17 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The buying club would lose whatever we'd gain.

Please stop being a dingle.

They’d be making a profit on the fee so they won’t be losing…..they just won’t be gaining as much.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Chimp said:

No I wasn't meaning yourself mate, I knew you were meaning it in a comical way judging by the laughing face.

It's just that there's a few on here who quote that site like it really means anything in that regard when it has little to no relevance whatsoever. 

Nae bother

I think that site leaves elements out, especially for our league, so when you add them back in, you'll get a decent valuation for our players

What's missing, mainly, for our team, is that LS, for instance, is obviously worth more to us because we can quantify his xG and demonstrate the goals probably make the difference for Euro Money, so we can add that on top

Teams in other leagues had this luxury for years, now we do, as a bargaining tool; posters here have rightly been citing this for a while

There's other factors, basically the site is taking the mickey and I can't help feeling they're feeding into the perception the english have, for their benefit; remember the 'expert' blackpool had, he tried to justify the TM value for the low bid for Sibbick, doing well at the time, just got a great goal in the Cup derby, away at ER; nonsense though, lots went radge on here, Club Statement :lol:

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added 'the TM value for the'

King prawn

Really pleased he’s signed long term with us - Costa Rican coming over to Scotland, getting stuck in and improving in short space of time, what’s not to enjoy ? 

Wish Robbo would give him some lessons in staying calm in front of goal. Didn’t he do the same with Paterson who has gone on to score a fair bit from right back etc.? 

We’d have a seriously good player on our hands if he can start to finish those good chances. 

Edited by King prawn

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Didn't notice haha - he'll be like wee Karamoko Dembele at Celtic :D 

Just saw his profile at blackpool in league 1 :lol:

Remember the hype :lol:

Agentjambo
18 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Just saw his profile at blackpool in league 1 :lol:

Remember the hype :lol:

Would take him

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated/merged )