Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated/merged )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Batistuta87
Just now, johnking123 said:

Naismith just put a wad of money on himself being the first sacked?

🤣

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Clubs wanted him in winter. But Gordon was just back and not a chance. Think he has wanted to play in England for a while.

Does hehave a year plus on his contract? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Talking nonsense. Armstrong is probably the best winger in the league.

Yeah, Armstrong is better than Forrest and Dhanda is not really a winger and Vargas is still developing.

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A good time to cash in on him. 

My thoughts also, particularly with an intl. tournament under his belt.🤞🤞

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Hearing from a good source we've made contact with Nouble regarding pre contract 👍 

Apparently he had a falling out with Martindale because he wasn't signing an extension, so he's been frozen out the team.

If we're snapping up the best out of contract players from other teams then I highly doubt that a striker without a single league goal this season comes anywhere near consideration. He would be a terrible signing. 

B4 Part B
18 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Hearing from a good source we've made contact with Nouble regarding pre contract 👍 

Apparently he had a falling out with Martindale because he wasn't signing an extension, so he's been frozen out the team.

April 1st.

DG_HMFC
11 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Beni Baningime has confirmed he won't make a decision on his future at Heart of Midlothian until the season is finished - but revealed a factor that could sway him to committing long-term.

The midfielder's contract runs until the end of the campaign when he will become a free agent. He has stated that he would not agree to a pre-contract with another team before then or sign the contract extension which has been tabled by Hearts. 

Baningime, however, did admit that the prospect of Blair Spittal, Yan Dhanda and James Penrice arriving in the summer having agreed pre-contracts could help him make his decision.

100 per cent but ultimately I won't be signing any contract with anyone before the end of the season," he said. "We're doing it at the end of the season. I've spoken with my family, there won't be any pre-contract with this team or this team.

"For me, it's focusing on Hearts and finishing third. Last season we let it slip so we still need to hold onto that and hopefully go on and win the cup if we can. That's basically my aim.

"But with those players coming in and where the club is going it definitely makes you start to think, 'Okay, I'd want to play with these players' because they are good players."

Baningime has proven his importance to the team this season after missing the entirety of last season. Since returning from a setback early on in the campaign he has missed just two of the last 32 matches, starting 24 of those.

"I feel great and I've felt great for a long time," he said. "I'm just happy for myself and very thankful for the physios, for the gaffer, for everyone at the club helping me come back and to get me back to me best."

Reading between the lines, Beni thinks the current lot of midfield options are pish and wouldn't be up for staying if the likes of Dhanda and Spittal hadn't signed pre-contracts.

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That is why he said " going by rumours".

Apologies. Didn’t realise on a discussion forum I wasn’t allowed to partake in a discussion and was supposed to let people post without comment. Even if I wasn’t doing anything other than saying it would be extreme, which it would.

pettigrewsstylist

The euro groups and recent progression to intl recognition by  a few of squad are big sellers in pre contract i would imagine.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Gorgierools
19 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Instant reaction was to check today's date🤔

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If we're snapping up the best out of contract players from other teams then I highly doubt that a striker without a single league goal this season comes anywhere near consideration. He would be a terrible signing. 

You might want to check today’s date. :wink:

1874robbo
21 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Hope this is bullshit 

he’s rotten 

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Beni Baningime has confirmed he won't make a decision on his future at Heart of Midlothian until the season is finished - but revealed a factor that could sway him to committing long-term.

The midfielder's contract runs until the end of the campaign when he will become a free agent. He has stated that he would not agree to a pre-contract with another team before then or sign the contract extension which has been tabled by Hearts. 

Baningime, however, did admit that the prospect of Blair Spittal, Yan Dhanda and James Penrice arriving in the summer having agreed pre-contracts could help him make his decision.

100 per cent but ultimately I won't be signing any contract with anyone before the end of the season," he said. "We're doing it at the end of the season. I've spoken with my family, there won't be any pre-contract with this team or this team.

"For me, it's focusing on Hearts and finishing third. Last season we let it slip so we still need to hold onto that and hopefully go on and win the cup if we can. That's basically my aim.

"But with those players coming in and where the club is going it definitely makes you start to think, 'Okay, I'd want to play with these players' because they are good players."

Baningime has proven his importance to the team this season after missing the entirety of last season. Since returning from a setback early on in the campaign he has missed just two of the last 32 matches, starting 24 of those.

"I feel great and I've felt great for a long time," he said. "I'm just happy for myself and very thankful for the physios, for the gaffer, for everyone at the club helping me come back and to get me back to me best."

No surprise at all. We move on.

Bazzas right boot

https://footystats.org/scotland/premiership/salaries

Going by this we may be spending more money on wages than many think on here.

Should really open up the free market for us.

I don't believe the Snodgrass or Mckay figures, they can't be correct?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

tcjambo
23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So you think Clark, Sibbick, Cochrane, Baningime, Haring, Oda, Tagawa, Shankland, Denholm and Grant will all be off? 10 players of which 7 or 8 have featured heavily this season? That would be extreme. Very extreme.

No way Oda or Denholm are going anywhere. Sibbick might surprise a few by staying as well. Obviously Shanks and Beni in particular would be big losses. I wouldn't be surprised to see Atkinsion away either.

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, OTT said:

Thats a fairly significant quote, I reckon you're probably right but the inference is that he's thought about it which is something at least. 

Hyperbole mate. No need to say anything at all. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Apologies. Didn’t realise on a discussion forum I wasn’t allowed to partake in a discussion and was supposed to let people post without comment. Even if I wasn’t doing anything other than saying it would be extreme, which it would.

It wouldn't be extreme if going by the rumours.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

:look:

Hansel has captured a good few

Well played.🙈

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Doing a Ginnelly while also not wanting to do a Souttar and get the absolute ***** booed out of him until he goes 

Probably. More interested in what SN does with selection once there is nothing left to play for tbh. If we manage to get to cup final then Beni is a must to keep playing, but if not....

Corstorphine Jambo
10 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Dan Phillips to be the Beni replacement imo. 

Zander Clark interesting Celtic I believe. Although I believe he is a Rangers fan. Doesn’t mean much in this game and money talks. 

Probably a rumour started by the Glasgow press on the off chance we both make the cup final - covering all bases in case Gordon doesn’t play!

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Dan Phillips to be the Beni replacement imo. 

Zander Clark interesting Celtic I believe. Although I believe he is a Rangers fan. Doesn’t mean much in this game and money talks. 

Media chat never really picked up on Phillips rumour so be interesting to find out if we made him any offer.

FarmerTweedy
24 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Why? He’s a shit player in one of the worst top flight teams Scotland has ever seen. Would be a disaster of a signing.

:facepalm:

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Should really open uo the free market for us.

How can you look at this and think it’s anything beyond a guess? The only salary number published by clubs is in the annual accounts. These sites make up numbers for clicks. 

for hearts, our wage bill is £15.4 million For all staff. Same to assume the majority for football / playing staff. 

Uncle Buck
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Should really open uo the free market for us.

According to that Snodgrass £45,000 a week, Giakoumakis £600,000 a week and some Hibs kid is the third highest paid player. 🤣

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Talking nonsense. Armstrong is probably the best winger in the league.

Armstrong would be an excellent signing. We're short of wide options and Dhanda doesn't solve that since he's a number 10, nor does Vargas because he's better as a 2nd striker or a false 9, similar to what Gino was doing before he left. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

No way Oda or Denholm are going anywhere. Sibbick might surprise a few by staying as well. Obviously Shanks and Beni in particular would be big losses. I wouldn't be surprised to see Atkinsion away either.

I think Oda is likley to go, he won't play much especially when you add Mckay and Spittal to our wide options,  he's way down the pecking order.

He'll want to move in order to play regularly I reckon.

Denholm will be a squad filler then leave when his contract expires, again I don't think he'll play much next season.

It's gonna be a busy summer.

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Hope this is bullshit 

he’s rotten 

It's true, I'm afraid. He actually signed a pre-contract with us on the 30th of February, it just won't be announced publicly until after our last game against Livi has been played. 

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Media chat never really picked up on Phillips rumour so be interesting to find out if we made him any offer.

Yeah, the Phillips rumour was a JKB rumour. On the same day several posters were claiming to have close friends who were supporters of St Johnstone and were ITK. Sure there was about 3 or 4 different posters all saying the same thing.

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Armstrong would be an excellent signing. We're short of wide options and Dhanda doesn't solve that since he's a number 10, nor does Vargas because he's better as a 2nd striker or a false 9, similar to what Gino was doing before he left. 

Think Armstrong has also covered RWB. Him and Strain on the RH would give us a real strong right sided option 

FarmerTweedy
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

As Albert Einstein famously said, don't believe everything you read on the internet! 

tcjambo
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think Oda is likley to go, he won't play much especially when you add Mckay and Spittal to our wide options,  he's way down the pecking order.

Denholm will be a squad filler then leave when his contract expires, again I don't think he'll play much next season.

Oda can fill in as striker. McKay is always injured and Spittal isn't a winger. I doubt we will sell him.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How can you look at this and think it’s anything beyond a guess? The only salary number published by clubs is in the annual accounts. These sites make up numbers for clicks. 

for hearts, our wage bill is £15.4 million For all staff. Same to assume the majority for football / playing staff. 

https://www.capology.com/uk/scottish-premiership/payrolls/

Another one that's completely different!

If we make the European groups then our quota of homegrown players will be of a decent standard and not just there because they are Scottish or came through our academy . Cant see Denholm going anywhere 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It wouldn't be extreme if going by the rumours.

Rumours started by who though? The same people that wanted the likes of Van Veen, Nouble, Nicky Devlin, Levitt, McGrath, Cadden, Findlay, Stewart, O’Donnell, Liam Gordon, Crawford and James Scott in recent windows (some as recent as January)? People on here know nothing. So if we’re “going by rumours”, then we can sign a lot of tripe this summer too I guess.

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:rofl:

ffs definitely worth clicking on that link. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, tcjambo said:

Oda can fill in as striker. McKay is always injured and Spittal isn't a winger. I doubt we will sell him.

Time will tell.

Spittal does plays out wide most of the time.

pettigrewsstylist
19 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Reading between the lines, Beni thinks the current lot of midfield options are pish and wouldn't be up for staying if the likes of Dhanda and Spittal hadn't signed pre-contracts.

He is far from alone in that.

Peakybunnet

We should sign Lyall Cameron from Dundee. Probably a fee though. 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hansel has captured a good few

Well played.🙈

😉

3 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Probably ? 

Jack Torrance

Beni's interview comes across as fairly positive to me. Sounds like he's happy with the direction we're going in and the signings. Not sure what some others are reading in to it.

I think he'll be mindful of us seeing him through injury and him saying previously he'd make us a lot of money.

Time will tell I guess.

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I agree, i get the impression SN knows his chance at this level has come early and he aint going to mess about trying to get to where he wants to be in terms of playing style and tactics.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

we’ve tried before.

think they will want significantly north of £1m

gordiegords

Looking forward to a complete overhaul of our midfield, hopefully get a good mix with Hoff/Dhanda and a couple of others, would like to keep benny but cant see it so we move on, I think shanks will go so will need two decent strikers.

Going to be quite a different hearts team next season!

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

we’ve tried before.

think they will want significantly north of £1m

Yep, think he may be out our reach at the moment. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Rumours started by who though? The same people that wanted the likes of Van Veen, Nouble, Nicky Devlin, Levitt, McGrath, Cadden, Findlay, Stewart, O’Donnell, Liam Gordon, Crawford and James Scott in recent windows (some as recent as January)? People on here know nothing. So if we’re “going by rumours”, then we can sign a lot of tripe this summer too I guess.

His list was perfectly reasonable giving the rumours, your list is  ridiculous.

Good chance much of the list will play out.

Beni hasn't signed a contract.

Shankland,  clearly he'll have interest. 

Sibbick, we have knocked back recent bids.

Cochrane,  last year of contract,  we've just signed a lb.

Oda, very little game time with more in his position incoming 

Clarke/Gordon- something might have to give.

Grant has been in/ out of the side.

All reasonable and not extreme giving the game Time, contract situation and rumours.

Dunno what point you are trying to prove with your list. 

kingantti1874
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

I agree, i get the impression SN knows his chance at this level has come early and he aint going to mess about trying to get to where he wants to be in terms of playing style and tactics.

agreed. Think we will be decisive with some of these guys. Tagawa is clearly not trusted either and I’m sure will be away. 

3 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

This

And that other young lad McCowan

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated/merged )