Hearts Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

He can play right, he can play central, sometimes he won’t play at all.   Naismith has demonstrated that he will use the squad, the concept of a first 11 doesn’t exist anymore imo  

Certainly, but we're ending up with a lot of players who can play centrally and need a lot who can play on the right. Spittal has played both but has spent a bit more of his career on the right. I think he'll line up at RWB relatively often when we play a back 3, or might play right wing in a 4231. Or possibly at right mid in a 442.

I'm sure he'll move inside some but it's quite possible we end up with Dhanda, Grant, McKay, and Fraser in the squad next season who can play in the middle.  On the right we don't have nearly as many options. Oda and Vargas often fill in over there but both are better through the middle.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• OTT

hearts00
7 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Fraser has been injured, never been fit, we are no wiser than the day he walked in

We know he is one paced and slow. We need dynamic signings who can make a real difference in games. 

He also strikes me as a player with no clear position. 

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Sibbick will have been here 2 and half years when the season end yet he still hasn’t cemented a place in the team and still don’t know what his best position in.

Had a purple patch of good form last year but overall he has been disappointing. Should be moved on.

Fraser has shown absolutely nothing to warrant another loan deal.

They’re not good enough for us and should be aiming for better if we want to progress as a club.

We know exactly what Sibbick is. 

He's a RCB. 

He can cover at RB in a pinch. 

He is not a DM.

He's lost his place in the team to Frankie Kent, who is a far superior defender. 

Simple. 

Bongo 1874
45 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Sibbick will have been here 2 and half years when the season end yet he still hasn’t cemented a place in the team and still don’t know what his best position in.

Had a purple patch of good form last year but overall he has been disappointing. Should be moved on.

Fraser has shown absolutely nothing to warrant another loan deal.

They’re not good enough for us and should be aiming for better if we want to progress as a club.

You say progress as a club,if you read my post correctly you will see we need another two central midfielders to be 1st team starters.

Personally I would play a 433/4231.

We need a squad.

These players have shown they can do a job.

Maybe give them more time.

bawheed
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Certainly, but we're ending up with a lot of players who can play centrally and need a lot who can play on the right. Spittal has played both but has spent a bit more of his career on the right. I think he'll line up at RWB relatively often when we play a back 3, or might play right wing in a 4231. Or possibly at right mid in a 442.

I'm sure he'll move inside some but it's quite possible we end up with Dhanda, Grant, McKay, and Fraser in the squad next season who can play in the middle.  On the right we don't have nearly as many options. Oda and Vargas often fill in over there but both are better through the middle.

Don’t think Fraser will get any game time if still here, he’s the top earner at the club!

Ricardo Quaresma
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gogic has signed a new with St Mirren, for all the maddos who wanted Hearts to sign him.

Wasn't getting quick updates for the POTY award the other night and upon searching I found a thread on a rangers forum 😄

So I thought I would have a quick look at the thread list, there's one about 'who d'you want from other teams in the league' and they were also getting shouts for gogic 🙃

In fact, damn near identical to here, I don't remember anyone shouting for simon murray, but couldn't swear to that and wouldn't have been surprised; are some of them still traumatised and think they're still in L2 / L1? PTSD? :rofl:

13 hours ago, Jamboross said:

If Fraser can show something in the next few games then I'd be open to him coming back on loan, thought he looked slightly better in the last couple of appearances although that's admittedly against a fairly low bar. If nothing else he provides cover and is another Scottish player for European squad requirements. 

Inclined to agree he's got to surely show that the injury thing isn't bull5h1t; maybe we have an agreement for a loan next window until January, but he's certainly better than what's been shown

3 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

Mason-Clark cost Coventry £5m. He is way out of our shopping range.

Didn't he suggest him as a target for a loan deal?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Watt-Zeefuik
46 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Don’t think Fraser will get any game time if still here, he’s the top earner at the club!

I seriously doubt we’re paying all of that 

gregzy2k7
Posted (edited)

Just wanted to float the question on here,

What are people's thoughts on Kye Rowles? who tbf I think has had a decent season, but for me he does lack a bit of aggression at times and is sometimes not street smart enough in key moments, what I would say is he is still only 25 which is still quite young for a CH, I think he can still improve and hopefully becomes better next season. 

Also for me Toby Sibbick has not grasped his opportunity as a CH and I would look to move him on as I think it just is not working out.

so my guestion is do we need another LCH ? even to just challenge Rowles?

Edited by gregzy2k7

Swanny17
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We need another CB, not just to challenge Rowles, but to replace him.  He isn’t good enough for the Scottish game as he lacks the main attribute - strength. 

Dayman
42 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

We need another CB, not just to challenge Rowles, but to replace him.  He isn’t good enough for the Scottish game as he lacks the main attribute - strength. 

Rowles would start for 10/12 of the teams in the league.

The fact he’s been a mainstay in the third best team says a lot. A team conceding about 1 goal a game, the third lowest goals conceded. He’s personally managed 15 clean sheets across all competitions.

Not all CB’s have to be a Halkett style warrior. He’s a modern day ball playing sweeper. Could he be a bit more aggressive and strong in challenges? Yep. If he was, would he be playing at Hearts? Nope. 

S Form
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Just wanted to float the question on here,

What are people's thoughts on Kye Rowles? who tbf I think has had a decent season, but for me he does lack a bit of aggression at times and is sometimes not street smart enough in key moments, what I would say is he is still only 25 which is still quite young for a CH, I think he can still improve and hopefully becomes better next season. 

Also for me Toby Sibbick has not grasped his opportunity as a CH and I would look to move him on as I think it just is not working out.

I like Kye. He’s a talented player who provides a good partner for Frankie Kent. He has the odd mistake in him - who hasn’t? - and he’s not an ‘up and at ‘em’ type, but he’s more than good enough for our league.

If you want to judge by effectiveness he’s been a regular part of one of the meanest defences in the league and one that (I think) has not conceded a goal from a corner all season.

Pingu
6 minutes ago, S Form said:

I like Kye. He’s a talented player who provides a good partner for Frankie Kent. He has the odd mistake in him - who hasn’t? - and he’s not an ‘up and at ‘em’ type, but he’s more than good enough for our league.

If you want to judge by effectiveness he’s been a regular part of one of the meanest defences in the league and one that (I think) has not conceded a goal from a corner all season.

I agree with this. If Cochrane moves on, and we see Kingsley and Penrice as our left back options, we might want another LCB to compete with Rowles (similar to Kent and Halkett on the right). Otherwise, a new LCB isn't a priority for me. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Room for improvement in all our Centre backs. They all seem to be better in a 3 and have struggled at times when we have went to a 4. Could do with a quick aggressive CH that would allow us to a play a 4 more often IMO

Chaps
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You say progress as a club,if you read my post correctly you will see we need another two central midfielders to be 1st team starters.

Personally I would play a 433/4231.

We need a squad.

These players have shown they can do a job.

Maybe give them more time.

Like I said Toby has showed one purple patch in 2 and half years and Fraser has been a waste of a signing.

Neither have shown they are good enough to make a contribution consistently.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Like I said Toby has showed one purple patch in 2 and half years and Fraser has been a waste of a signing.

Neither have shown they are good enough to make a contribution consistently.

We turned down an offer for Toby in January, and Fraser has had problems I will not go into on here,we have 3 games left, let's give the lads all our support and worry about moving them on once season ends 👍

johnking123

Rowles and Kingsley are not physical enough for 4 athe back. I'd it was halkett and Kent,  it would be fine. 

johnking123

It's going to be very,very busy transfer window for us.

RustyRightPeg
40 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We turned down an offer for Toby in January, and Fraser has had problems I will not go into on here,we have 3 games left, let's give the lads all our support and worry about moving them on once season ends 👍

We turned an offer down for Toby last January...not this. Since last January he's done next to nothing to cement a place in the team. 

What is your fascination with him? How much time do you want to give? 

RustyRightPeg

Dom Ball

Dan Phillips

Jeando Fuchs

Any of the above please.

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Dom Ball

Dan Phillips

Jeando Fuchs

Any of the above please.

Not good enough IMO

johnking123
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Dom Ball

Dan Phillips

Jeando Fuchs

Any of the above please.

Nope, especially Fushs. He is always on injured list. We have had enough of them!

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

It's going to be very,very busy transfer window for us.

The fact we’ve already signed 3 players and have multiple coming to the end of their deals mean a busy window is guaranteed. 

However, we keep saying this is something we want to move away from but never seem to achieve. 

11 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

We know exactly what Sibbick is. 

He's a RCB. 

He can cover at RB in a pinch. 

He is not a DM.

He's lost his place in the team to Frankie Kent, who is a far superior defender. 

Simple. 

I would like to see before the season is out Sibbick Kent Rowles/Kingsley as our back 3. Just to see if Sibbick fairs better with a more reliable partner next to him (Kent).

johnking123
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would like to see before the season is out Sibbick Kent Rowles/Kingsley as our back 3. Just to see if Sibbick fairs better with a more reliable partner next to him (Kent).

Seen it before. Sibbick switched off again and lost a goal. Good bye Sibbick and good luck in Blackpool. 

johnking123
13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

The fact we’ve already signed 3 players and have multiple coming to the end of their deals mean a busy window is guaranteed. 

However, we keep saying this is something we want to move away from but never seem to achieve. 

We have a bad habit of letting players get to last year of contract. 

gar jambo
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Rowles and Kingsley are not physical enough for 4 athe back. I'd it was halkett and Kent,  it would be fine. 

Yes Kingsley can be very ordinary in the big games 

Debut 4
2 hours ago, Dayman said:

The fact he’s been a mainstay in the third best team says a lot. A team conceding about 1 goal a game, the third lowest goals conceded. He’s personally managed 15 clean sheets across all competitions.

Not all CB’s have to be a Halkett style warrior. He’s a modern day ball playing sweeper. Could he be a bit more aggressive and strong in challenges? Yep. If he was, would he be playing at Hearts? Nope. 

Why would he not be at Hearts if he was wee bit more aggressive, mate?  

We get this all the time about players at Hearts as if it’s an excuse for their short comings(they wouldn’t be at Hearts etc…)

You mention Halkett. He’s decent on the ball but much more aggressive and solid.  

Now injury prone and unfortunately that could impact him going forward from here but he’s a better defender than Rowles(a fully fit Halkett at least) so is he too good for Hearts?

I think someone a few weeks back summed up Rowles for me.  He actually doesn’t make many mistakes he just lacks the attributes already discussed. 

For his age I think he struggles for consistency and that’s not great.  I often think he looks like he’s coming into a solid run of form then goes off the rails all of a sudden with uneasy displays.  

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Exactly, the rest of his game isn’t that great either, still needs talked through games like a teenager. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, hearts00 said:

We know he is one paced and slow. We need dynamic signings who can make a real difference in games. 

He also strikes me as a player with no clear position. 

Usually an injury would slow you down, thats fair :)

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, S Form said:

We have the 3rd meanest defence, which is what we should have, lost one less goal than Kilmarnock. Probably over a goal a game over the season, not that mean really. 
Ps we lost a goal from a corner on Saturday as Celtic targeted our GKs weakness on crosses. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, OTT said:

55 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Seen it before. Sibbick switched off again and lost a goal. Good bye Sibbick and good luck in Blackpool. 

Yeah I can see it now - he'll let a high ball go over his head, fail to usher it out of play, and concede a goal. I have really liked Sibbick at times and his dink against Hibs is one of my favourite goals - but unfortunately think his days are numbered. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some amount of pish about Rowles :rofl:

kingantti1874

I think Rowles is a very good defender, it’s not about strength annymore imo.  

He needs to learn to by more clinical and decisive, to go in hard and foul someone if necessary and be a cynical ******* if needed.  Take the booking.

it can be learned, he has plenty of time to improve as a CB tend to peak a bit later 

Absolute Scenes

A few Strange takes on Kingsley. Been one of the best players we’ve signed in modern times, versatile and the added bonus of his free kicks.
Like all defenders who play in Scotland, he has the odd moment where it costs a goal (Rangers 1st at hampden as the example) but overall he’s been a brilliant acquisition. He’s definitely strong enough to play at the back in a back 4 and would be my choice at left back ahead of Cochrane 

kingantti1874
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

A few Strange takes on Kingsley. Been one of the best players we’ve signed in modern times, versatile and the added bonus of his free kicks.
Like all defenders who play in Scotland, he has the odd moment where it costs a goal (Rangers 1st at hampden as the example) but overall he’s been a brilliant acquisition. He’s definitely strong enough to play at the back in a back 4 and would be my choice at left back ahead of Cochrane 

yup.  Absolutely outstanding for us 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

100%. Been one of our best players since the day he signed. 

Horatio Caine
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

A few strange takes on more than just Kingsley. Makes you wonder why some people think they have superior knowledge to those who do genuinely know more than we do.

Chimp
3 hours ago, Dayman said:

Such a cliché term which is so overused on here. 

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)

Kingsley is a Rolls Royce of a player and another who will be going into the last year of his contract next season. Getting an extension signed is something we should be prioritising over the next 6 months. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Chimp

I wonder if the club will be looking at the Central American market again after the success of Vargas. Great potential and looks like we might have found a gem. Seems like you get good value for money too. Tend to find a lot of players from the Americas are hard working and have a good attitude and will be interesting to see if we bring in another similar type of signing.

Noticed there are a few of Vargas' ex teammates who play for Herediano are in the Costa Rican national side as well.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

But a simple dose of reality, none the less.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I wonder if the club will be looking at the Central American market again after the success of Vargas. Great potential and looks like we might have found a gem. Seems like you get good value for money too. Tend to find a lot of players from the Americas are hard working and have a good attitude and will be interesting to see if we bring in another similar type of signing.

Noticed there are a few of Vargas' ex teammates who play for Herediano are in the Costa Rican national side as well.

Certainly worth looking at. Plus with Vargas settled it means that we have someone in the team who speaks Spanish so eases some of the language issues that Vargas faced.

Chimp
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

But a simple dose of reality, none the less.

If Shanks was faster he wouldn't be here, if Kent was brilliant on the ball he wouldn't be here... and so on. Could basically do that for loads of players.  Where does it end?

Chimp
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Certainly worth looking at. Plus with Vargas settled it means that we have someone in the team who speaks Spanish so eases some of the language issues that Vargas faced.

Definitely. The fact Vargas is doing well and has been called up to the national side won't go unnoticed by other players over there either. Shows coming here could be a good place to further their careers and potentially put themselves in the shop window for bigger clubs in Europe. 

Rick Sanchez

If we're scouring the globe I'd like another Ricardo Fuller type.

I don't feel like I'm asking for much...

Chimp
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The thing is, these types are definitely out there and you aren't really asking for that much tbh. If you cast your net far out enough and scout properly there's plenty talent waiting to be snapped up. Not saying it's easy, but it's doable.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yeah it’s like we are not allowed nice things, alternatively guys at the level of Shankland are the guys we should be looking at and improving our current players to get to that level. 

Chimp
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it’s like we are not allowed nice things, alternatively guys at the level of Shankland are the guys we should be looking at and improving our current players to get to that level. 

Yep 👍 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Should we not be trying to get someone like that? Or a Rudi from CR or Bruno from Italy?
There are players from every country that would improve us and possibly go on to be as good as some of our greatest players. 

Nobody thought Shankland would be this good. 

Celtic now looking at Liam Kelly. Given the earlier links to Zander, they're not interested in a goalkeeper because they're good. Its because they're Scottish and would satisfy the home grown player criteria. 

• JKBMod 13 changed the title to Hearts Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal