Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated/merged )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

milky_26
52 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Really 3 since Smith stopped playing regularly. Atkinson, Offiah and Dexter. He only retired a year or so ago.

you mean moved to yeovil, smith has not retired

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, mud and mullets said:

I hope Cochrane stays as one of our most consistent players, unless it's a game-changing offer. We need a bigger squad for Europe, hopefully group stages next season. In the past we've often had a poorer season while in Europe (although in the last two we've still done pretty well domestically). It would be great if we could finally win the League Cup and get further in Europe, ie to the knock-out rounds, in the same season, but while also being a frontrunner for 3rd place and giving a good showing in the SC (I'm greedy). We can only really do that if we maintain a squad with enough quality competition for places and cover for the inevitable injuries. The European group stages these days are fine as the more games under the floodlights the better but nothing beats the knock-out European football in the 80s when you could genuinely dream of going on a bit of a run, like we did in 88/89.

Mind you, Savage and Naismith seem to be working well together so if someone like Cochrane does go we should have a plan to replace him, unlike when the likes of Djoum and Souttar left and we took an age to replace what they brought to the team at the time.

Plenty out there,we have been quick with pre contracts this year, if anyone has been critical of Savage and the club at times it's me mate.

Transfer wise i can't complain.

Can Naismith improve the likes of Penrice, Dhanda,Spittal,that's the job now.

A decision needs made on the likes of Halkett in my opinion, very good player when fit,but will he last a full season.

Some are wanting half the team shipped out in the summer.

Don't think that's going to happen.

We have also missed key players throughout the season,and are 3rd by quite a bit.

Mckay when fit makes a difference.

Lawrence and others understand his passing range.

That's why it worked with him Gino and Shankland.

Lembikisa is good enough for an another year loan.

We should stick with him.

And maybe go for someone like Jordan Williams,who can play centre-back also, available on pre contract.

This leaves Natty in a difficult position, but players should be made to work for a place in the team.

Leveins Battalion

Danny McNamarra available on a free,thought he looked decent at St Johnstone a fee years back.

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Plenty out there,we have been quick with pre contracts this year, if anyone has been critical of Savage and the club at times it's me mate.

Transfer wise i can't complain.

Can Naismith improve the likes of Penrice, Dhanda,Spittal,that's the job now.

A decision needs made on the likes of Halkett in my opinion, very good player when fit,but will he last a full season.

Some are wanting half the team shipped out in the summer.

Don't think that's going to happen.

We have also missed key players throughout the season,and are 3rd by quite a bit.

Mckay when fit makes a difference.

Lawrence and others understand his passing range.

That's why it worked with him Gino and Shankland.

Lembikisa is good enough for an another year loan.

We should stick with him.

And maybe go for someone like Jordan Williams,who can play centre-back also, available on pre contract.

This leaves Natty in a difficult position, but players should be made to work for a place in the team.

Do you talk like this in real life?

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you talk like this in real life?

What's the problem like ? 😂.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

What's the problem like ? 😂.

No problem - I just read your posts, like they are, paragraphs. Very jumpy from one topic to the next, almost like they're voice noted, as soon as they come to mind.

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Think it was before Clement came in. His form has nose dived dramatically since then...co-incidence?

He isn't good enough for Rangers yet. 

Would be interesting if he goes there.

I do think Clement would work with him to get better, though would he be sent out on loan once he came to Rangers.

I do think the fact that Baron hasn't signed a new contract suggests that someone has been in contact with him.

TallPaul
25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you mean moved to yeovil, smith has not retired

yeovil/retirement pretty much the same thing 

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No problem - I just read your posts, like they are, paragraphs. Very jumpy from one topic to the next, almost like they're voice noted, as soon as they come to mind.

That's just me haha 😄 😂 call me El Loco 😂🤣.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's just me haha 😄 😂 call me El Loco 😂🤣.

😂

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Savage wasn't in charge of Hickey's sale though. Just off the top of my head, he's managed to recoup what we paid for Kio. He can definitely negotiate a deal. I think you'll be surprised.

He did some job getting our money back for Kio when you consider the minutes, or more specifically, the lack of them in Germany. God only knows who scouted him and thought he was suitable. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whats the egg tweet about???

Will be Vargas signing as his nickname is Huevito (little egg.)

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Two videos? Why you are spoiling us Hearts admin.

images.jpeg.e5624a5a893989b6fdf10d52c9a75e0f.jpegdisco-dance-dance.gif.11efa75ed891261d062f1ffb51080208.gif

Jamhammer

That’s a great bit of business 

So much potential 

Luckies1874
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/vargas-to-join-on-permanent-deal

Just seen that, a real statement of intent by the club. The fact he has already had his settling in season, 5 years on top of that means he can settle and means we can demand a high amount if he does really well.

Brilliant business. This is how we make several million, in due course, from some of these players. Hopefully they contribute massively to our success first but it puts us in a much stronger position to negotiate when other clubs come calling. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

5. Year. Deal.

Australis

And now Vargas, on a 5 year deal.

🙂🙂🙂❤️❤️❤️🙂🙂🙂

RustyRightPeg

Anyone know anything about this guy? 5 years is a lot...............

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Anyone know anything about this guy? 5 years is a lot...............

:kirk:

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:kirk:

In all seriousness, 5 years is a great deal for club and player.

Gives both the stability needed.

He can bring his family over if he so desires, he's spoken openly about how this move has changed his Dad's life and he can live comfortably in retirement. Suspect that'll improve as he may well get a bit of a wage bump with how he's done this year. I know he also has a young son as well, so if he can move over with his wife/girlfriend even better. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I just don’t see clubs falling over themselves and offering millions to sign our players.  There would be a lot of interest on freebie / pre contracts or nominal fees no doubt but 7 figure fees, not so much.  Shankland, if he moves in summer will obviously be 7 figures but I think a lot of people on here are going to be disappointed with how much it actually is.  Cochrane could go for a for a 7 figure fee but I’d be very surprised if it is in the £2-3m bracket.   He’s certainly no Aaron Hickey and we sold him for a shitty £1.5m with Celtic taking a third of that plus a rubbish sell on clause.  A horrendous piece of business from which hopefully lessons have been learned. 

I think the main thing I disagree on is that a million pounds just isn't that much money in football transfer fees once you start to poke through to the top leagues. I don't think it will be long before we pay a 7 figure transfer fee ourselves. Simply, there are a lot more clubs now, ourselves included, for whom a couple decent signings can make the difference of £4-7m in income annually.

Hickey's deal was negotiated by Levein at a point when he himself admits he was struggling mightily to be both DF and manager. It was an absolute waste of an opportunity for us, but I don't think it should be a hallmark of what we can expect. Looking at what Hibs and Dons have done with transfer sales should be an indicator of what we can demand for our better players.

As for Shankland, I think he could have a £4m swing for us in Germany. If he disappears or gets on and is honking, we probably won't get more than offers of £1.5-2m for him and we probably keep him (no bad thing). If he gets on and scores 2-3 goals in the group stages, or better yet, Scotland get to terra nova and qualify and he scores in the knockout rounds, we might have offers of £5 or even £6m for him. I know nothing specific but I have this feeling that's the reason he's not signed a new contract yet. He knows there's a shot he can kick himself into a new world of money and fame in the summer and wants to give it a shot before he pens and extension.

Watt-Zeefuik

Really looking forward to how Vargas develops. If he kicks on well, we have a hell of a player on our hands.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In all seriousness, 5 years is a great deal for club and player.

Gives both the stability needed.

He can bring his family over if he so desires, he's spoken openly about how this move has changed his Dad's life and he can live comfortably in retirement. Suspect that'll improve as he may well get a bit of a wage bump with how he's done this year. I know he also has a young son as well, so if he can move over with his wife/girlfriend even better. 

Yeah you have to think his family will move over now, as a 5 year contract brings a lot of certainty for them and probably means they can meet the immigration rules to move over here.

Luckies1874
Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Really looking forward to how Vargas develops. If he kicks on well, we have a hell of a player on our hands.

Naismith believes this kid is going to be really good. He has done very well, overall, in his first season. Yes there have been moments of rashness and almost over eagerness in front of goal but he’s been getting himself into good positions and he never hides. He’s also been unlucky numerous times, hitting the wood work with a couple of worldies and yet has still chipped in more than anyone out with Shanks. I think they see a very important player if he continues to develop. If you think about the leeway more experienced are meeting when arriving to play here, on balance I think he’s done exceptionally well. Like with the 25 yr old Rowles (pointing his age out as it’s often forgotten he’s a very young CH), they’ll expect to make significant money down the line and it only takes one of these types of contracts to pay off big time if we have a real top player on our hands. 

BehindYou

Can’t remember the club being on the front foot this much with signings before, it’s absolutely tremendous! 

wavydavy
9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Naismith believes this kid is going to be really good. He has done very well, overall, in his first season. Yes there have been moments of rashness and almost over eagerness in front of goal but he’s been getting himself into good positions and he never hides. He’s also been unlucky numerous times, hitting the wood work with a couple of worldies and yet has still chipped in more than anyone out with Shanks. I think they see a very important player if he continues to develop. If you think about the leeway more experienced are meeting when arriving to play here, on balance I think he’s done exceptionally well. Like with the 25 yr old Rowles (pointing his age out as it’s often forgotten he’s a very young CH), they’ll expect to make significant money down the line and it only takes one of these types of contracts to pay off big time if we have a real top player on our hands. 

I think he will calm down a bit once he signs a permanent deal. It seems like he wants to score spectacular goals rather than thinking about it a bit more. I know often it is just instinct with strikers but he is certainly a decent prospect and young.

GinRummy
37 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Good post. 

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

The thing about Vargas is he is prepared to work,he has talent,but is prepared to be aggressive and work,really he should be played as the main forward,unfortunately he has someone at the moment who occupys that position.

Very likable player,if we can get him Oda and Bazza working together.

We will have a very special team.

Then imagine if you could put a quality central midfield player,not going to say his name 🤣 and add Armstrong to our team.

Crazy potential at this club.

WASTREL
3 hours ago, Carter said:

He did some job getting our money back for Kio when you consider the minutes, or more specifically, the lack of them in Germany. God only knows who scouted him and thought he was suitable. 

Scouted and recommended by the Same Guy and Support team that did a good job getting the money back.  We had been monitoring him for a while. The question is "Why"? 

Edited by Disco Ball

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated/merged )