Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Aye, he kept his nose clean after marking the wee guy's card, after which, he rode the challenge too :lol:

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That was the stand out memory for most . After that he never got a sniff

👍👍

Got me wondering what happened to our own failed foreign wonderkid Branmir Kostadinov. Can remember him being absolutely amazing in Football Manager haha. He's 35 now, and looks like he's managed to make a career for himself in Bulgaria although his goalscoring record is absolutely shite. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• kingantti1874

• Batistuta87

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Financially both OF teams in the draw and kept apart is a winner

Still a bit miffed at the LC semi at Murrayfield v the mhanks (62,000)

the sheep took 10,000 poxy fans to Hampden but scored roughly 9 hunner K!

&"£$^"!$!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And Cameron from Raith, Weir from

Falkirk, McCann and McKinlay from Dundee, Hartley from St Johnstone (I think?), Levein from Cowdenbeath further back.   It’s a policy that has worked well in the past and we seem to be doing it again with the 3 pre contracts (must admit I know nothing about Penrice though). 

Agree . I like the way we are keeping on top of the domestic and foreign markets . Reminds me of Early JJ 

Leveins Battalion

Delighted with these signings to be honest.

Spittal-Good age in his prime,a late developer in terms of high quality in a season but I think he will really kick on for the next few seasons at us and has been his team's player of the season,teammates speak really highly of him.

Dhanda-RC player of the season last year and has that x factor like Baz McKay,again a good age 24/25 and the bonus is he is from a Hearts family so will know all about the good and bad of playing for us.

Penrice-Again a good age to develop further,seems to be a real competitor and has came through the leagues so will have that drive.Believe he also turned down 3 clubs up here to sign for us.

So aye chuffed.

Finlay James

The 3 new signings are sensible, cost effective and all have room to improve.  They will all make our squad stronger.

IMO we need a top midfielder and I really hope we’re talking to Allan Campbell.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Levitt has chucked it. Can't see him doing much more at Hibs and reckon he'll be away if they can find someone stupid enough to give them some kind of fee and to pick up his wages (which are apparently in excess of £5k pw!).

RCC has about 4 goals in Belgium so not exactly setting the poppy fields alight. Not someone I see coming here personally. 

Levitt never had it, when they signed him last season I repeated on here what my Dundee United supporting mates said.

whilst acknowledging he could occasionally do something nice.  They unanimously thought he weak, lazy and they pinpointed him as one of the main reasons for their relegation. They weren’t bothered a jot when he left. 

Every word had come true 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Still a bit miffed at the LC semi at Murrayfield v the mhanks (62,000)

the sheep took 10,000 poxy fans to Hampden but scored roughly 9 hunner K!

&"£$^"!$!

Always a downside of course :)

14 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The 3 new signings are sensible, cost effective and all have room to improve.  They will all make our squad stronger.

I am a big fan of Campbell as well . Campbell and Fuchs are the two players that I have seen up here who I think would improve us in midfield if Beni leaves 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Always a downside of course :)

It'll be a cathartic moment when the mhanks are ahead of them as the final whistle goes :smuggy:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It'll be a cathartic moment when the mhanks are ahead of them as the final whistle goes :smuggy:

May even help us on the Sunday, though conversely should they win, might give us impetus knowing its a final that should be won. Either result semi is a harder game to win

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

May even help us on the Sunday, though conversely should they win, might give us impetus knowing its a final that should be won. Either result semi is a harder game to win

We get to the final, we'll win

If sheep manage to, that will invoke some inevitable squeaky bum time moments; rather not :lol:

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already, too lazy to check...

We might have signed three players who all get player of the year at their clubs.

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would take him in a second if he was available personally. Eupen look a pretty shit team by the looks of things, and much like Shanks, what he's doing there probably isn't his best work relative to the circumstances the team is in - No manager for example, team previously finished 15/18.. 

Big issue for us is making chances in the final 3rd. Players like RCC IMO could help us do that. 

absolutely not.  That’s 2 teams he’s been absolutely woeful. 

a classic example of  watching 2 minutes on sportscene or you’ve and mistaking them for an actual player.  

jamboinglasgow
55 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I think it will come down to whether Beni stays or not whether we sign a top midfielder. If Beni stays then we have Tait as back up, Nieuwenhof is developing into a top midfielder, with Devlin and Denholm pushing his position. If Beni is off I think it will one of the positions that we will spend more money on. 

Batistuta87
39 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would take him in a second if he was available personally. Eupen look a pretty shit team by the looks of things, and much like Shanks, what he's doing there probably isn't his best work relative to the circumstances the team is in - No manager for example, team previously finished 15/18.. 

Big issue for us is making chances in the final 3rd. Players like RCC IMO could help us do that. 

Not for me mate. He did only have one good season up here - his first season with RC he only managed about 2 goals and I barely saw him because we were in the Championship and didn't play them. I think our view of him was slightly skewed by the fact that we were just back in the league and our expectations were probably quite low - and we will only have seen/remembered his good bits. Although we obviously went on a superb run at the start of the season and never dropped below third, certainly in my case there was always a feeling that the wheels would come off and we would drop down the table. Luckily everyone else was shite so it never happened, but aye - not for me, and at 28 with only one half decent season in Scotland, not a very "Hearts" signing. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

in football terms, for nearly every significant league in Europe it’s a nominal fee right now.

we received £2m for Alan McLaren in the 1990’s, and some think £1m for Cochrane is decent now? In football terms £2m in the 1990’s is more like £30m todays 

we’ve been left behind, tinpot league, tinpot clubs and tinpot mentality from some.

Pre Bosman?

If so it's not comparible to now.

Going out of contract, especially in Scotland as wages are low is a major factor in transfer fees.

If not, the major factor.

if a player wants to leave and is entering his last year then the price will be driven down, significantly.

It's easy to work out why.

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You can do what you like my good man , I am writing him off :) 

He’s a #obo now. Writing him off is the correct reply.

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pre Bosman?

If so it's not comparible to now.

Going out of contract, especially in Scotland as wages are low is a major factor in transfer fees.

If not, the major factor.

if a player wants to leave and is entering his last year then the price will be driven down, significantly.

It's easy to work out why.

Pick any year you want, pre or post, and you will find multiple examples from hearts and many other Scottish clubs.

Scottish football has not remotely kept pace with football

inflation which every significant league in Europe has experienced

£1m is simply not a lot of money in football terms, some people only perceive it to be because clubs have so little of it.  We are a small piddly league, with small piddly clubs  who are used to being bent over the table by everyone who comes calling with a bob or 2.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Pingu said:

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already, too lazy to check...

We might have signed three players who all get player of the year at their clubs.

Good point actually. Dhanda has definitely been Ross County's best player, Motherwell will likely be between Spittal and Bair, and whilst Livi have been utter shite Penrice has still looked decent and I can't think of anyone else in their team who gets anything close to a pass mark. 

The guys we've signed really strengthen the squad, probably all good characters that will fit in, know the league etc .. but I'm sure we'll be looking to add some real quality too. 

It looks like we've really planned ahead. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The guys we've signed really strengthen the squad, probably all good characters that will fit in, know the league etc .. but I'm sure we'll be looking to add some real quality too. 

It looks like we've really planned ahead. 

I'm excited. 

The big decision over the summer I think is whether we keep Shankland and try and achieve something. Have came painfully close to silverware in recent years and just fallen short. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Pick any year you want, pre or post, and you will find multiple examples from hearts and many other Scottish clubs.

Scottish football has not remotely kept pace with football

inflation which every significant league in Europe has experienced

£1m is simply not a lot of money in football terms, some people only perceive it to be because clubs have so little of it.  We are a small piddly league, with small piddly clubs  who are used to being bent over the table by everyone who comes calling with a bob or 2.

£1m is far more than  £0 tho, and that's what they leave for if they run down their contract and **** off.

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm excited. 

The big decision over the summer I think is whether we keep Shankland and try and achieve something. Have came painfully close to silverware in recent years and just fallen short. 

If we are to lose Shanks over the summer, I just hope it isn't towards the end of the window. Don't want to be scrambling around last minute trying to find a replacement in the bargain bin. That could really **** up our start to the season 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbh, many utd fans never rated Shankland either so I'm not convinced they are a good source for player appraisals as they battle with Raith for promotion. 

Then the  ones you know then are ****ing clueless.  The ones I know thought Shankland was a god, were devastated when he left and told everyone who’d listen the only reason he didn’t score many was that they were the most defensive team of all time and rarely crossed halfway. 

Levitt is dugmeat.  A player who had a few of you moist after watching a single step over, trick or reverse pass.  He’s absolutely chronic for 99% of the game and is a weakling.

I said it before they signed him and they have been proven to be correct. 

Edited by kingantti1874

53 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm excited. 

Aye that would be a mega blow but you never know, we might have someone even better lined up. 

Shanks might sign a new contract and stay. 🤷🏻 Clubs that could afford him might turn their noses up. They'd have been watching that Holland game for sure. He was up against VDV, arguably one of the biggest men and one of the greatest readers of the game and Shanks done fine but missing that chance, which he was unlucky with, might have turned a few off tbh. Plus his age, price tag, lack of pace? He might fall into the Goldilocks zone here. :lol:Wishful thinking perhaps. 

The signing of Penrice makes me worry that Cochrane is on his way but we did need another LWB with Halliday moving on. Gives us a bit depth. Alex will move on eventually but it would be good to have him for another year and allow Penrice to get games under his belt with no pressure or expectations so when Alex does go, Penrice strolls it. That could be the plan, SN and JS have talked about doing that. 

Have to say I haven't really watched Spittal but his stats are out the park this season. He's a late developer like Hartley and a similar mould, could be the pick of the bunch. 

Dhanda I've watched loads. McKay, Forrest, Dhanda, Oda, Vargas. Those are banging options and that's some fierce competition. 

Probably be looking for a first pick RB/RWB with Natty as the more attacking option. 

Defo need a Defensive mid with Haring going. Beni might too. I'd expect us to try and get a big ****er in there to kick lumps out of folk. 

What else do we really need ? other than replacing Iike for like.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Aye that would be a mega blow but you never know, we might have someone even better lined up. 

Shanks might sign a new contract and stay. 🤷🏻 Clubs that could afford him might turn their noses up. They'd have been watching that Holland game for sure. He was up against VDV, arguably one of the biggest men and one of the greatest readers of the game and Shanks done fine but missing that chance, which he was unlucky with, might have turned a few off tbh. Plus his age, price tag, lack of pace? He might fall into the Goldilocks zone here. :lol:Wishful thinking perhaps. 

The signing of Penrice makes me worry that Cochrane is on his way but we did need another LWB with Halliday moving on. Gives us a bit depth. Alex will move on eventually but it would be good to have him for another year and allow Penrice to get games under his belt with no pressure or expectations so when Alex does go, Penrice strolls it. That could be the plan, SN and JS have talked about doing that. 

Have to say I haven't really watched Spittal but his stats are out the park this season. He's a late developer like Hartley and a similar mould, could be the pick of the bunch. 

Dhanda I've watched loads. McKay, Forrest, Dhanda, Oda, Vargas. Those are banging options and that's some fierce competition. 

Probably be looking for a first pick RB/RWB with Natty as the more attacking option. 

Defo need a Defensive mid with Haring going. Beni might too. I'd expect us to try and get a big ****er in there to kick lumps out of folk. 

What else do we really need ? other than replacing Iike for like.

Depending on how Halkett's injury goes we might consider another central back

Drylaw Hearts
35 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

We’ll need another CB as it’s surely time up for Sibbick.

• Moderators
JKBMod 6

If you want to discuss Hibs players or Hearts players from 15 years ago, please don't do it on this thread.

If your comment is not related to the coming transfer window then please don't post it.

Thanks.

Armageddon
15 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm excited. 

If he scores 3-4 goals in Germany then the decision will be made for us, then we build from there.

He is and has been sensational for us, but we've loved and lost many a great player.  I'm praying he stays but also well aware he's too good a goal scorer not to take a last dance with the big boys.

Drylaw Hearts
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If he scores 3-4 goals in Germany then the decision will be made for us, then we build from there.

He is and has been sensational for us, but we've loved and lost many a great player.  I'm praying he stays but also well aware he's too good a goal scorer not to take a last dance with the big boys.

4 goals would have him in the running for being top goalscorer in the competition.

Not happening.

DG_HMFC
12 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We’ll need another CB as it’s surely time up for Sibbick.

We definitely need another CB, and a RB.

8 minutes ago, feej said:

I think we need a right back, centre back, striker and midfielder.

Reckon we will need a new keeper also 

Batistuta87
13 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Neilson will be fine as backup. Actually pretty happy with our defence right now and only really need a RB. 

Would still like to go for Mateu Morey who's due to leave Dortmund in the summer. Would be an ambitious one considering he's at Dortmund but he's probably right at the very bottom of their pecking order (transfermrkt has his mv at £800k) and has been playing in 3.Liga with BVBII. Will need to drop down considerably from BVB to get a new club and we could be ideal since we'd offer the chance to play in UEL. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
Just now, PTBCAL said:

You heard something mate? 

8 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Are Clark and Gordon not both under contract for next season 

kingantti1874

I

42 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Zander? 

cosanostra

If we're in need of another keeper either CG is retiring or ZC has attracted a serious bid.

On 28/03/2024 at 09:30, Batistuta87 said:

He ran us ragged as a 16yo as well didn't he. We genuinely struggled to deal with him and every single time he got the ball into his feet he just turned towards the goal and ran with it. I thought he was going to be an exceptional player but I think he sees himself as a bit of a ticket and also got a really bad injury a couple of years ago which has obviously effected him. Strange that he chose to leave Celtic. Don't know if he thought he could do better or whatever by going to Europe but aye, Blackpool 😳

He was signed by Brest in Ligue 1 on a 4 year deal and is just on loan at Blackpool. Over 40 appearances, 7 goals and over 20 goal involvments as a 21 year old. I think he will still go on to have a good career.

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If we're in need of another keeper either CG is retiring or ZC has attracted a serious bid.

Exactly. I would go with the later as Craig Gordon doesn't appear to be retiring any time soon. Harry Stone will be third choice next season.

wavydavy
1 hour ago, feej said:

I think we need a right back, centre back, striker and midfielder.

Agree.

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, RS86 said:

He was signed by Brest in Ligue 1 on a 4 year deal and is just on loan at Blackpool. Over 40 appearances, 7 goals and over 20 goal involvments as a 21 year old. I think he will still go on to have a good career.

Fair play. Like I say I thought he looked like a phenomenal wee player when he was a kid. 

Apparently Everton and West Ham are keeping an eye on him. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Neilson will be fine as backup. Actually pretty happy with our defence right now and only really need a RB. 

Would still like to go for Mateu Morey who's due to leave Dortmund in the summer. Would be an ambitious one considering he's at Dortmund but he's probably right at the very bottom of their pecking order (transfermrkt has his mv at £800k) and has been playing in 3.Liga with BVBII. Will need to drop down considerably from BVB to get a new club and we could be ideal since we'd offer the chance to play in UEL.

His injury history is about the worst I have ever seen, bud

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

neilson can’t defend mate.  Sorry to say it not watched 5 games. Good player but wont do at CB for hearts 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Gordon just signed up until June 25

Zander I’m not sure about. But I think yes on next season.

I think we’re good at goalie.

HHGH

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I thought you might have been exaggerating

image.png.b5c58e0d5cfa3eb71347dd021ae4a133.png

You were not. :lol: 

JimmyCant
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think he’ll retire this summer (Gordon) He’s not getting game time and he won’t get it next season either. If he wants to retire that overrides his contractual obligations. Naismith did the same thing I believe.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

26 minutes ago, OTT said:

I thought you might have been exaggerating

image.png.b5c58e0d5cfa3eb71347dd021ae4a133.png

You were not. :lol: 

Maybe no then.......... 🤣

Knew about the cruciate but that's a lot of others... Boy needs a knee replacement!! 

Edited by Batistuta87

wavydavy
36 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Gordon just signed up until June 25

Zander I’m not sure about. But I think yes on next season.

I think we’re good at goalie.

HHGH

Clark is under contract until May 2025.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Maybe no then.......... 🤣

Knew about the cruciate but that's a lot of others... Boy needs a knee replacement!! 

He looks possibly worse than Soapy, takes some doing 😶