Neil Warnock

Rudy T

John Findlay
1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

The idea people have that Warnock will be in the least bit bothered how this pans out is baffling me. It's a no lose situation for a guy who is in retirement. 

He's managing a squad assembled by 3 absolutely diddy managers prior to him, so he will 100% see this is a free pass to fulfill his desire to manage up here.

In a nutshell.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Doesn’t mean he’s underestimated it, could just be that they’re shite!  But then you look at their European performances where they were competitive in every game, some against good opposition, and think they must be underperforming.  

Yes their European opposition was far better than the Prem opposition in most games. 

Well, just looking to top up my retirement fund, wonder if these sheep-shagging living in the 1980's team might give me a gig, oh yes, result....

AuldReekiee
21 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Anyone else think he is a patronising gobshite?

Was saying this myself earlier. He's up here for a little holiday and a bit of fun in the little Scottish league. For a manager of a team that hasn't won in their last 8 league games he seems to be quite enjoying himself. Bottom 2 is not outside the realms of possibility.

2 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

Was saying this myself earlier. He's up here for a little holiday and a bit of fun in the little Scottish league. For a manager of a team that hasn't won in their last 8 league games he seems to be quite enjoying himself. Bottom 2 is not outside the realms of possibility.

My impression too. 

saxondale
53 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

Exactly. For all the furore of him managing in Scotland, I've been utterly unimpressed by both his attitude and ability.

Alot of sly backhanded compliments about our game, and like you say, he doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously at all (treating it more of a bucket list exercise).

Chuck Berry

Colin is here for a bit of fun. Doesn't give a rats. Keep up the great decisions sheepies. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

Exactly. For all the furore of him managing in Scotland, I've been utterly unimpressed by both his attitude and ability.

Alot of sly backhanded compliments about our game, and like you say, he doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously at all (treating it more of a bucket list exercise).

He'd make a better rugby coach. He doesn't seem to have much nous for football, going by the clubs he's been at.

Mikey1874

Pretty much written off the squad. Started saying there were no leaders. Now there's no physicality. Probably the basics for him over the years a team that would fight and scrap.

Becomes more strange every week why he was appointed though he still hints that he'll be helping build a new squad. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 hours ago, saxondale said:

Me....

Section Q

Warnock underestimated the SPFL in my opinion. Joey Barton springs to mind.

Maybe a job for Neilson when he's back from his holiday in the US...

Armageddon
21 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Warnock underestimated the SPFL in my opinion. Joey Barton springs to mind.

Maybe a job for Neilson when he's back from his holiday in the US...

Has Boaby Neilson’s team even played a game yet??  His napper will be scarlet by now.

Neil Warnock is quite clearly here for a jolly. 

He's wanted to manage in Scotland for a while, and he's scored a fairly big club desperate enough to roll the dice.  He's never going to take a job at a club like St Johnstone, so Aberdeen putting out the distress flares suited him perfectly. 

He ticks off a bucket list item, and after the absolute mess Robson left them in, he doesn't have any real accountability.   If they finish bottom 6, it's not his fault, and he can point to his predecessor when it all goes wrong. 

People calling for him to be our manager were sorely misplaced. He doesn't give a **** where they finish, and doesn't have the ability to turn it around. 

And it's very, very funny. 

jamboinglasgow
11 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

The idea people have that Warnock will be in the least bit bothered how this pans out is baffling me. It's a no lose situation for a guy who is in retirement. 

He's managing a squad assembled by 3 absolutely diddy managers prior to him, so he will 100% see this is a free pass to fulfill his desire to manage up here.

100% this.

He wanted a try managing in Scotland to say he has, where he knows if it goes wrong it is back to retirement again with no real damage to his reputation down south.

The question has always been on their board. They talked about wanting to give themselves time to make the right appointment in the summer, but that is normally when you sack a manager in April, not early February. I think the board wanted to announce a (relatively) big name to placate the fans while they scrambled to figure out what to do next. With Hibs winning and Motherwell looking improved, then its becoming questionable if they even make the top six.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
18 hours ago, AuldReekiee said:

Exactly this.

Probably off visiting Balmoral on Sunday, little whisky tasting.  Some fishing of a late afternoon.

Magic.

He’s ripping the absolute piss out of them while furry boots Vlad scratches around for his sixth manager in three years. Tremendous!

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

100% this.

He wanted a try managing in Scotland to say he has, where he knows if it goes wrong it is back to retirement again with no real damage to his reputation down south.

The question has always been on their board. They talked about wanting to give themselves time to make the right appointment in the summer, but that is normally when you sack a manager in April, not early February. I think the board wanted to announce a (relatively) big name to placate the fans while they scrambled to figure out what to do next. With Hibs winning and Motherwell looking improved, then its becoming questionable if they even make the top six.

Yep Cormack's ego is the thing here. What they gona do in the summer?

Theyve recently looked at the managers market and couldnt afford anyone they wanted (we were similar tbf, the Scandi market way higher than realised for example). Hes tried the solid spfl, hes tried the supposed hot new thing, hes tried promoting from within. I'll bet he wants to bring a name that excites. Is he capable? If Cifuentes gets the bullet at qpr and needs to build his name maybe? I duno.

Aberdeens biggest issue is Cormack. But they cant survive without him. Yum yum yum!!

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yep Cormack's ego is the thing here. What they gona do in the summer?

Theyve recently looked at the managers market and couldnt afford anyone they wanted (we were similar tbf, the Scandi market way higher than realised for example). Hes tried the solid spfl, hes tried the supposed hot new thing, hes tried promoting from within. I'll bet he wants to bring a name that excites. Is he capable? If Cifuentes gets the bullet at qpr and needs to build his name maybe? I duno.

Aberdeens biggest issue is Cormack. But they cant survive without him. Yum yum yum!!

Exactly, Cormack has been by his ego through out this. He sacked McInnes to placate the fans despite McInnes doing well, appointed Glass (which was bit of a weird one but was his project) then refused to sack him when Glass was obviously out of his depth because he didn't want to be shown as making a mistake. His comments at the end of last season showed he learnt nothing, then getting into a rage when Hearts announced 15,000 season ticket holders.

As you say I do think Aberdeen found the market for managers much more expensive before Robson was appointed, they also built a rod for their own back when Robson went on that run so they had to give him a contract.

Warnock cant be on a cheap contract, he wants to try it out up here but he also not going to take six months up in Aberdeen without a decent paycheck. As you say Cormack wanted a big name to say "look who we can hire" and I guess he thought that Warnock would hit the ground running and get them up to 4th or a cup (despite Warnock never winning a cup) but it just means less money for the next manager. Less planning a squad for a new manager and likely no European football.

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, Cormack has been by his ego through out this. He sacked McInnes to placate the fans despite McInnes doing well, appointed Glass (which was bit of a weird one but was his project) then refused to sack him when Glass was obviously out of his depth because he didn't want to be shown as making a mistake. His comments at the end of last season showed he learnt nothing, then getting into a rage when Hearts announced 15,000 season ticket holders.

As you say I do think Aberdeen found the market for managers much more expensive before Robson was appointed, they also built a rod for their own back when Robson went on that run so they had to give him a contract.

Warnock cant be on a cheap contract, he wants to try it out up here but he also not going to take six months up in Aberdeen without a decent paycheck. As you say Cormack wanted a big name to say "look who we can hire" and I guess he thought that Warnock would hit the ground running and get them up to 4th or a cup (despite Warnock never winning a cup) but it just means less money for the next manager. Less planning a squad for a new manager and likely no European football.

And the stadium surely every year a heavier weight around their neck....?

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Aberdeen is now a hobby-job. Like a millionaire opening a cafe or pub...

Warnock was in a win-win situ. Things continue as they are, he inherited a poor squad and leaves having spoken some 'home truths'. Win a few games, finish top 6 maybe get in Europe...he's a genius.

Oda be a JT

It’s turning out all rather hilarious!

a ***** of a man, ***** of a team, ***** of a city and ***** of fans

Love it.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You forgot about him bursting into tears, live on the radio.

:rofl:

gar jambo
On 25/02/2024 at 14:26, saxondale said:

I know levein did not like him when he managed Leicester  

On 25/02/2024 at 14:26, saxondale said:

A complete spoofer of a manager - but has some mildly funny anecdotes.

Bazzas right boot
On 25/02/2024 at 16:35, Kennyfragg13 said:

Every time I look at him he reminds me of mrs doubtfire

IMG_1204.jpg

The Wrinkly Ninja
6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Aberdeen is now a hobby-job. Like a millionaire opening a cafe or pub...

Or an arsehole opening chip shop…..

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Imagine St Johnstone beat them on Wednesday - ooooooofft. 
please make that happen

Would be amusing

If carlsberg did rivals...
35 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Reckon he won’t see out the season. 

Management wise or breathing wise?

saxondale
3 hours ago, gar jambo said:

I know levein did not like him when he managed Leicester  

Not surprised. Although they will have worked together when selling Paterson to Cardiff.

Shipwrecked
2 hours ago, saxondale said:

Not surprised. Although they will have worked together when selling Paterson to Cardiff.

And didn't Colin sell us Damour? Which would be enough of a reason for Levein to dislike him. 

Anyway, he's doing a grand job with the sheep so far. 

9 hours ago, TheBigO said:

And the stadium surely every year a heavier weight around their neck....?

giphy.gif

saxondale
2 hours ago, Shipwrecked said:

And didn't Colin sell us Damour? Which would be enough of a reason for Levein to dislike him. 

Anyway, he's doing a grand job with the sheep so far. 

That's them even then. Pretty sure Warnock was on Levein's podcast - so they must have made up now.

Yeah he's doing a cracking job.

Gorgie_Rules

Bit annoying they drew Killie at home in the cup or else there would have been nothing to play for. Still a tricky tie but a draw against Rangers or Celtic would have seen their season over, and the appointment pretty pointless.

Arthur Morgan
16 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Bit annoying they drew Killie at home in the cup or else there would have been nothing to play for. Still a tricky tie but a draw against Rangers or Celtic would have seen their season over, and the appointment pretty pointless.

I can't see them beating Killie tbh. 

AlimOzturk
25 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I can't see them beating Killie tbh. 

Killie are a decent side so should be Aberdeen. Though anything can happen in cho fitbaw. 

Jambof3tornado

Wonder if he has any regrets about taking the role on,or if indeed the board now regrets appointing him.

Funny guy at times but wouldnt want him near us.

Be interesting to see where the sheep go next management wise.

I don’t really understand quite why Aberdeen are so shit. They’ve got some good enough players. It’s often like they can’t be arsed. 

I think how poor Aberdeen are, despite having their own Shankland in Mioski just demonstrates how well Hearts have been playing and it’s about more than just having a goal scorer. 

Aberdeen have a striker with similar goal stats to ours and yet are getting dragged into relegation battle because the quality of the rest of the team is clearly not good enough. 

People say we should be worried being a team without Shankland, stats there show Aberdeen should be far more worried where they would be without Mioski.

davemclaren
14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t really understand quite why Aberdeen are so shit. They’ve got some good enough players. It’s often like they can’t be arsed. 

There's more to a team than a few good players. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

There's more to a team than a few good players. 

Very true. They were playing well as a team towards the end of last season so I just find it strange that they are so shite. 

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

Very true. They were playing well as a team towards the end of last season so I just find it strange that they are so shite. 

Look at our collapse from Feb on last year. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Look at our collapse from Feb on last year. 

Must I 😁. Yeah point taken. I thought Warnock would have galvanised them but he's just on a jolly. Long may it continue.