Neil Warnock

Rudy T

Deevers
7 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

No shit Sherlock. What an amazing piece of investigative journalism. Maybe they have an inside man🤔

There were apparently rumours circulating in Aberdeen last week that Warnock was about to walk out on them. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Likely the Daily Record at it as usual, but:-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-odds-aberdeen-fc-32267317

Neil Warnock odds on for Aberdeen FC sack after just ONE MONTH with relegation fight looming

The veteran manager's spell has been a disaster with the Dons facing a relegation scrap this term.

Under-pressure Neil Warnock is now ODDS ON to be sacked by Aberdeen with the bookmakers.

The Dons have been plunged into Scottish Premiership relegation trouble after conceding twice in stoppage time at St Mirren to taste defeat in Paisley after a stunning Connor Barron opener. The Dons held the advantage until Mark O'Hara slotted home from the penalty spot in the 96th minute with Stephen Robinson's men grabbing a winner that sparked wild scenes on the pitch and in the stands one minute later through Toyosi Olusanya.

The result was Aberdeen's TENTH league without a win - with their last success on league duty coming two days into the New Year at Ross County.

And the veteran Englishman is odds on to be the next Scottish top flight boss out of a job as chairman Dave Cormack weighs up his options despite the 75-year-old being in the Granite City for less than a month.

Sport Lens now place the boss at 2/5 to be shown the door ahead of any other boss.

That places Warnock ahead of David Martindale at 5/1 who is rock bottom with Livingston.

Naomi Rose from the oddsmakers said: "Aberdeen manager Neil Warnock's tenure at Pittodrie could be nearing its end. The veteran manager has yet to secure a win in six league matches, and the team's winless streak now stretches to ten games."

FFS of course he’s the next manager to leave. He’s out of contract in 10 games time. The only other one remotely possible is Martindale and only then if he himself decides it’s time. Livvy won’t sack him

highlandjambo3
53 minutes ago, Deevers said:

There were apparently rumours circulating in Aberdeen last week that Warnock was about to walk out on them. 

I think he’ll wait to have an outburst in an interview…..deflection and all that.

SectionDJambo

Cormack, and his chums, are not in a good place with this.

Warnock, however he goes, will run to his pals in the English sports media and say that the place is a shambles and it's nothing to do with him.

He won't want his own reputation damaged at this stage in his life.

Deevers
6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I think he’ll wait to have an outburst in an interview…..deflection and all that.

Saturday might be interesting. Bet he wishes he hadn’t touched them with a barge pole. 

Wee Mikey
59 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

FFS of course he’s the next manager to leave. He’s out of contract in 10 games time. The only other one remotely possible is Martindale and only then if he himself decides it’s time. Livvy won’t sack him

Aye, but they're referencing getting sacked rather than leaving after seeing out a contract, however short.

Anyhoo, another example of the DR both shit stirring and stating the bleedin' obvious simultaneously.

But, still good fun as part of the crazy world that is AFC this season.

Wee Mikey
51 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Saturday might be interesting. Bet he wishes he hadn’t touched them with a barge pole. 

Methinks that'll apply both ways.

Swanny17

Someone else lined up it seems. Basket-case of a club. 

Deevers
On 05/03/2024 at 09:21, Deevers said:

Seems that the rumours were spot on.

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Someone else lined up it seems. Basket-case of a club. 

Yup. It was happening regardless.

Screenshot_20240309_150033_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240309_150051_Chrome.jpg

Kennyfragg13

Noticed he was shaking his head after game,looks like he knew before game started

Glamorgan Jambo

Warnock yet again putting himself ahead of any team he’s managed. At least that should put an end to any ‘could do a job’ suggestions about this charlatan.

milky_26
4 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Noticed he was shaking his head after game,looks like he knew before game started

he has said that it was decided during the week that this would happen after the game today

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

There is absolutely zero chance Colin won’t feel obliged to do a “tell all” to the media.

Marvellous.

Wee Mikey

What a visionary!

Aberdeen must be very greatful for his input and advice.

Screenshot_20240309_151812_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240309_151820_Chrome.jpg

jambo89

Unbelievable Jeff! 

I reckon if Aberdeen were owned by an Eastern European millionaire, then the headlines tomorrow would be ripping the knitting out of Aberdeen.

HMFC 86

Absolute joke of a club. It will be unbelievable and embarrassing if Lennon is now announced 

ToadKiller Dog
4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Absolute joke of a club. It will be unbelievable and embarrassing if Lennon is now announced 

Think its odd though if they are close to appointing Lemon why did the let him talk in the media that he wants the job . (Unless he was found drunk by the reporters )

If  its him makes it look like a panic measure from the sheep  .

thought they said they have brought in experts from outside to find a new manager .No expert would say go for Neil Lemon .

So they've now appointed an interim manager who didn't want that role when they sacked Robson.

19 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Lennon would be the icing on the cake . Another shite manager and a total welt of a human being . Would love them to go down with him at the helm 

Even better if we get through to the semis and get Aberdeen with Lennon at the wheel I would love that . Knock out Aberdeen and Lennon and then watch them get papped out the Premiership in the play offs 

NaturalOrder74

Oh I am so excited about battering Neil lennons Aberdeen 

King Of The Cat Cafe
40 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

What a circus show of a club. :lol:

Don't know who has been more used here, Warnock or Aberdeen.

Warnock used to work as an undertaker, and I would've loved to have seen him bury Aberdeen.

Still, 19 clubs as a manager probably spells out his worth.

henrysmithsgloves

Just heard he had a better offer from auchenshoogle woman's pub team🤕

brunoatemyhamster

It's going to be Lennon eh? 

FFS

henrysmithsgloves
Just now, brunoatemyhamster said:

It's going to be Lennon eh? 

FFS

Var will be interesting 😂

Wee Mikey

Two crackers from AFC:-

After zero league wins:-

"I had hoped I could’ve collected a few more league wins along the way ... "

Nae fault on him for league performance either. What's more, he's leaving due to A'deen 'taking his advice'.

Well done me:-

"I think the players are starting to see what’s required ..."

Further, "The lads know what they’re doing now, they just need to believe in themselves." 😀

Straight from the Wee Lee book of silliness:-

"The fact is, the last few weeks, we’ve worked hard to lose games that we shouldn’t have, we should have seven or nine points more."

Club Statement:-

Interim manager Neil Warnock has stepped aside following today’s Scottish Cup Quarter Final victory at Pittodrie.

Chairman Dave Cormack said: “The Club would like to thank both Neil and Ronnie Jepson for their efforts.

“With the search for a new manager at an advanced stage, Peter Leven will assume control of all first team matters until the process is concluded.”

New Warnock added: “I was honoured to lead Aberdeen for a short period to help Dave and the Board get themselves into a position where they could get closer to making a permanent appointment.

“It goes without saying that I had hoped I could’ve collected a few more league wins along the way, but I am also delighted to have helped the club into the Scottish Cup Semi Final. I hope they can now go on and lift the trophy.”

“Ronnie and I can’t thank the fans enough for their support while we’ve been here and we wish the club and the supporters all the very best for the remainder of the season and for the future.”

Post Match Press Conference:-

Following Aberdeen’s 3-1 win over Kilmarnock, Neil Warnock announced he would be stepping down from the manager’s job with immediate effect.

“All along I’ve said I was here to help and that I would give my advice, and my advice is they should get the new manager in as soon as possible. It needs quite an overhaul of the squad in the summer and it’s no good waiting until then to get someone in.

You need to give a manager the chance to look at it for a couple of months, so he knows what needs doing over the summer. The recruitment needs to be spot on in the summer.

“I’m glad I was able to get the fans to the semi-final before I left, and I think we deserved it, we were superior in every department. It’s a shame I can’t lead them out at Hampden, but I think the players are starting to see what’s required. Angus and Stefan set the standard at the back today, we were more physical than them, but we could play as well.

“We gave a stupid goal away again, but overall, the energy and the enthusiasm and the creativity was excellent and the fans generated a good atmosphere. The lads know what they’re doing now, they just need to believe in themselves.

“Everyone came in with their chin on the floor on Monday and we had a meeting to get that St Mirren game behind us. I knew I had to get them going again. ‘How do you think I feel at 75? We haven’t got time to feel sorry for ourselves, we’ve got to get on with it.’ Training was good from there and I thought we were super today.

“This is a massive club, it shouldn’t be floundering where we are, but players have to take responsibility. They did that today, they set the standard and they have to stick with that. The fact is, the last few weeks, we’ve worked hard to lose games that we shouldn’t have, we should have seven or nine points more.

“A lot of the goals we’ve conceded in my time aren’t anything tactical, they’re just bad goals. Once you eliminate that, as we nearly did today, you’ve got a chance with the group of players that we’ve got. Overall though, it was a proper performance today and I hope they’ll keep to that standard now. I think they will.”

Bazzas right boot

Lennon night get a reaction initially and they'll likley improvethem before it all blows up in 12-18 months.

McInnes would instantly improve them as would Bob, but neither looks likley, especially if already arranged, must be someone out of work.

A Neil, O'Neil?

tian447

100% win rate in the Scottish Cup. 

:jj:

jamboozy
1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Don't know who has been more used here, Warnock or Aberdeen.

Warnock used to work as an undertaker, and I would've loved to have seen him bury Aberdeen.

Still, 19 clubs as a manager probably spells out his worth.

The way Warnock is speaking, you can take from it that the Aberdeen team is a basket case and is going to need a big overhaul.

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Unbelievable Jeff! 

I reckon if Aberdeen were owned by an Eastern European millionaire, then the headlines tomorrow would be ripping the knitting out of Aberdeen.

It’s very interesting how easy a ride Highland Vlad seems to get, despite going through as many (if not more) managers, talking absolute shite most of the time, greeting on TV, going full kit and ranting away at tweets that have got **** all to do with him. 

VALDOS'

Popcorn teeth will get them firing, i don't doubt it for a second.....then the self implosion will begin 12 months down the line

I think Lennon would take them down, he’s clueless and those players don’t like getting told what to do. They get every manager the bullet, he goes in shouting the odds and they’ll just switch off. Basically every one of them must be thinking they could be punted in the summer so they’ll be working their moves already. Lennons managerial record is horrendous a win against Barcelona has been his meal ticket for years. 

8 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Popcorn teeth will get them firing, i don't doubt it for a second.....then the self implosion will begin 12 months down the line

Aye! That's what I think too. His mental health tends to take a bit of a nose dive after a while (not having a pop at him for that as that's a low blow) but that's what I've noticed about him. He's a complexed character and football management isn't easy.

Reckon he'll get them going again for a little while though

Francis Albert

Surely someone at Aberdeen must have seen Lennon's deranged comments on Sky on the Hearts game.

But I hope not and he gets the gig.

Life Aquatic

Warnock sitting a bar somewhere telling the barman he saved Aberdeen from relegation and that all the 'jocks' love him

When you hear the likes of Lennon being touted as the next Aberdeen manager, it makes you realise how lucky we are to have Naismith. A young vibrant manager with a clear talent for coaching players as opposed to some screaming bam. One positive of appointing Lennon is the Scottish media and pundits will sook up your arse no matter what he does.