• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

BangkokHearts

I am going to the temple this morning to pray to Buddha to relegate the sheep.

🙏🙏🙏

BangkokHearts

Warnock hasn't won a league game yet. 

An absolute imposter of a manager. 😆

Wee Mikey

Enjoy:-

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68431921

There are embedded videos in ☝️ but here is the text:-

Neil Warnock: Is Aberdeen’s managerial gamble backfiring already?

(Embedded vid)

'Aberdeen 'won't win another game' if form continues

This is not how Neil Warnock would have envisaged his stint in Scotland.

The garrulous Englishman came to Aberdeen talking about having fun but after a meek home defeat by St Johnstone in the sixth match of his tenure, the 75-year-old said he "can't see" Aberdeen "winning another game" at present.

Not words that will fill the angry Pittodrie fanbase with much hope.

Two points from five league games has been a miserable return for the Pittodrie boss, who was brought to the club to address a campaign which was unravelling under Barry Robson.

Instead, the picture is only looking bleaker under the Englishman, who now concedes his side are in a fight to avoid a first top-flight relegation.

"I've never seen goals like this conceded," Warnock told BBC Scotland. "We have to stop that or we won't win another game. I've got to try and work with what we've got.

"I can understand the fans. I feel sorry for them, actually. They deserve better. I don't want to hang anybody out to dry. Some [players] have to have a look in the mirror.

"If they think they played alright, they're wrong. Everybody has to lift their performance, stop feeling sorry for themselves and get on with it."

"It's worse now than it was under Robson"

Aside from a Scottish Cup win over fourth-tier Bonnyrigg Rose, there have been no other victories for Warnock's Aberdeen.

Eleven goals have been shipped in just five league games, which have mustered up just two points in draws against Motherwell and Hibernian, leaving them ninth and just four points above the relegation play-off place.

Even in the infancy of his tenure, former Aberdeen captain and manager Willie Miller already sees patterns emerging with Warnock's predecessor.

"I felt that Barry Robson wasn't addressing the problem in his post-match interviews and we've got another one here," Miller said on Sportsound.

"Warnock talks in riddles. The fans want to know how he's going to turn it round. You can say we're in a relegation battle, but you have to add 'this is how we're going to sort it' because they have quality players and they are underperforming.

"It's worse now than it was under Barry."

'No bounce for under-pressure Warnock'

BBC Sport Scotland's Tyrone Smith at Pittodrie:-

While the ultras in the Red Shed did their best to keep the singing going during the game, there was an undercurrent of anger at Pittodrie.

Not for the first time this season there were boos at half time, and at full time after another dismal result, which sucks Aberdeen deeper in to the relegation mire.

Chants of "sack the board", and "you are not fit to wear the shirt" rang out around the ground after the game.

(Embedded vid)

'Warnock's Aberdeen are in a relegation battle'

Warnock was brought in to steady the ship and get things moving in the right direction, so far that hasn't happened, and there has been no new manager bounce.

He is still waiting for his first league win, after this latest poor result, he was in bullish mood, but his assessment that if they keep conceding "goals like this" they will not win another game, will undoubtedly set alarm bells ringing.

Warnock is only recently in the door, and he said he was "absolutely" up for the fight and given their current predicament, he added: "In a way I think it is a good job that I am here."

Despite his impressive CV, you get a sense that he is going to need to call on every bit of that experience over the coming weeks if he is turn this ship around and steer it away from the danger of sinking.

What the fans are saying?

Chris: I'm gutted by what I see on the field from this side. Lumping the ball up the park and expecting miracles. Defence woeful, midfield toothless, Miovski can't do it alone.

Justin: Another woeful performance from Aberdeen. The players look more lost and spineless with every passing game. We need a couple of big performances to make sure we stay in the league.

Mike: Warnock has done nothing but criticise the players since he came in and his managerial style seems to be making us worse, we need to give up on this failed experiment now before we get relegated.

Niall: What a shambles. The slide to the bottom is now a reality. Do the players really want this? No ball retention, no leadership and a total lack of creativity and confidence on the ball. The Warnock gamble has backfired big time.

Adam: So poor yet again. Absolutely no fight from these players. Loads of sideways passes and then hoofing the ball forward. Only one place we're headed the way we are playing and that's the playoffs.

PortyBeach
On 28/02/2024 at 23:35, heartsfc_fan said:

Going well 😁

🤣

pettigrewsstylist
On 28/02/2024 at 23:51, Section Q said:

Aberdeen have 4 away league matches before the split. Looking grim.

His next 4 league games look difficult and could result in zero points tbh.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Bazzas right boot
On 29/02/2024 at 03:13, BangkokHearts said:

Some wanted him here.

Quite a few wanted him just a few months ago.

The sad part is, that is a true story.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

His next 4 league games look difficult and could result in zero points tbh.

They'll likley get a win tho....

Ross county need to win 2/3 games to make it interesting and it just doesn’t look like it.

I think the next 3 games will shape it, could really tighten it up, put the shits up Aberdeen and give county hope or just confirm County as fecked.

Pop corn at the ready. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/02/2024 at 14:01, rudi must stay said:

Good manager and coach. Good choice for them 

:fonzie:

You wanted him here, ehh?

Deevers

Yep. - what’s worse is that there were a few on here wanting him as manager. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/02/2024 at 21:59, Greedy Jambo said:

I'd take him, he's got too much experience for us though. 

Aye, his badges and experience are showing.

Really turned them around.

Batistuta87

A big mistake only appoiting a manager until the end of the season. Whatever happens he's away in June so he could not give a shit.

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ross county need to win 2/3 games to make it interesting and it just doesn’t look like it.

I think the next 3 games will shape it, could really tighten it up, put the shits up Aberdeen and give county hope or just confirm County as fecked.

Pop corn at the ready. 

They've got Hibs twice in the next 2 weeks mate so you never know. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They've got Hibs twice in the next 2 weeks mate so you never know. 

Aye, my Aberdeen mate thinks it's all about County. 

If they can rally then Aberdeen are ****ed.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

pettigrewsstylist
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pop corn at the ready. 

County have the hardest schedule till break i suspect. Sheep are safe, but watching Warnock slowly twist the knife as he realises the party never even got started will be just rewards for his treating SPFL like kids 5 a side tournament jolly.

briever

He's a spoofer who thinks the SPL is a farmers league - nicely forgetting he's spent the majority of his mediocre career in farmers leagues.

His interviews have a distinct wiff of Terry Butcher! Players are shitebags, we won’t win another game etc etc! 

Think we should offer Miovski a way out of the sheep pen!

RedStarRiot
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

His interviews have a distinct wiff of Terry Butcher! Players are shitebags, we won’t win another game etc etc! 

Imagine if Miovski got injured. 

Aberdeen would be in some mess financially if they went down. 

JamboAl
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Some wanted him here.

Quite a few wanted him just a few months ago.

The sad part is, that is a true story.

And Chris Wilder!

highlandjambo3

Today’s the day (hopefully)…..a sheep fleecing or draw followed by a probing media question at full time and Warnock will blow a gasket and walk….please, please make this happen 🙏

FarmerTweedy
54 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Today’s the day (hopefully)…..a sheep fleecing or draw followed by a probing media question at full time and Warnock will blow a gasket and walk….please, please make this happen 🙏

Why would you want him to walk??? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

On this form,  I hope he stays.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

And Chris Wilder!

Aye, it's incredible.

Bazzas right boot
On 05/02/2024 at 14:57, Luckies1874 said:

Be astonished if Aberdeen aren't ahead of Hibs after 38 games. 

How astonished?

gordon simpson

I am sure some utter nutters on here wanted the imposter as our new manager sad but true 

Mikey1874

A little more attention on today's game as FIFA President Gianni Infantino is attending. They are meeting at Loch Lomond this morning. 

highlandjambo3
28 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Why would you want him to walk??? 

Because it would be extremely funny.

21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

On this form,  I hope he stays.

Aberdeen are goosed this season, him staying will likely see them finish somewhere in the top of the bottom 6, him leaving will see them finish in the lower part of the bottom 6.  No one is turning this round for them.

The media outburst and pure embarrassment for the sheep will be great….he will absolutely destroy his player’s performance…..him walking will be much more fun than him staying…….sheep fans will be raging 😡 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Aberdeen are goosed this season, him staying will likely see them finish somewhere in the top of the bottom 6, him leaving will see them finish in the lower part of the bottom 6.  No one is turning this round for them.

The media outburst and pure embarrassment for the sheep will be great….he will absolutely destroy his player’s performance…..him walking will be much more fun than him staying…….sheep fans will be raging 😡 

Nah, on this form they could well finish 2nd bottom, hope Warnock sees this out and continues his fine work.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A little more attention on today's game as FIFA President Gianni Infantino is attending. They are meeting at Loch Lomond this morning. 

Aye, he taken the low road and arrived early.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Lose today and a Ross County win and it could be curtains for him I reckon.

At least Butcher had played and managed in the SPL were as Warnock has completely misjudged the SPL.

We should be noting our interest in the press to noise Aberdeen up. It would be a nice bit of revenge for the Covid season. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Contracted till 2026. At his age we could only afford one leg.

Lovecraft
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Contracted till 2026. At his age we could only afford one leg.

Unless he has a relegation release clause.

😉

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Lovecraft said:

😉

And we find £5m in holdall in Wheatfield undercroft.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Rods said:

Lose today and a Ross County win and it could be curtains for him I reckon.

At least Butcher had played and managed in the SPL were as Warnock has completely misjudged the SPL.

We should be noting our interest in the press to noise Aberdeen up. It would be a nice bit of revenge for the Covid season. 

I dont think he will leave before the end of the season. Cormack wont want to lose face having brought in a big name (who I doubt will be here cheaply,) so will stick by him thinking all it takes is one win and Aberdeen will kick on. Though unless they can win the cup the plan to get Aberdeen into Europe to recover their season seems very unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

😉

Agreed it would be more about lowballing to keep his price down. 

Also good to kick them when they are down.

2 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

Imagine if Miovski got injured. 

Aberdeen would be in some mess financially if they went down. 

I Really Do Hope So I Hope So GIF - I Really Do Hope So I Hope So Hoping -  Discover & Share GIFs

These pricks have debt to pay. Would love this to be the season it's called in.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, gordon simpson said:

I am sure some utter nutters on here wanted the imposter as our new manager sad but true 

A WUM on this very thread suggested he was a better option than Naismith. 

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

A WUM on this very thread suggested he was a better option than Naismith. 

If he’s on the thread you can name him and we’ll all pile in 😂 

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

If he’s on the thread you can name him and we’ll all pile in 😂 

The Greedy Chap said he would take him. BRB quoted him a few hours ago. He's a WUM who enjoys the attention though. 

milky_26
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Where is our guest Aberdeen fan? 

still trying to remove the wool that has been pulled over his eyes

BangkokHearts
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Today's raffle

20240302_134823.jpg

Why has he got a comb over at his age? 

1 minute ago, BangkokHearts said:

Why has he got a comb over at his age? 

Male patterned baldness is no joke :lol: 

Luckies1874
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How astonished?

Really surprised. Not now of course but when I wrote that I thought it was a certainty they'd be above them. Now I see Hibs getting the 6th spot as highly probable. 

tian447

Sheep 1-0 up, but it's been 1 shot on target, 1 goal.

St Mirren have all the ball, 65% possession, which is embarassing. 

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I'd say you've got those the wrong way round! 

FarmerTweedy
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Sheep 1-0 up, but it's been 1 shot on target, 1 goal.

St Mirren have all the ball, 65% possession, which is embarassing. 

That was the story of a few of their wins in their 7 game winning run last season that saw them overtake us. The amount of luck they got over the course of that run was incredible.