Neil Warnock

Rudy T

FarmerTweedy
20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A very clever man 

He must be to still be getting himself jobs at the likes of Aberdeen at the age of 75 with the better days of a very average career long behind him.  Obviously, it helps him that there are clubs owned by folk like Dave Cormack who are completely and utterly clueless about football to the extent that they get taken in by him.  

Thankfully, nobody in charge of our club is stupid enough to think he'd be a good appointment for us!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

Scott980612

“ Aberdeen won’t win another game this season”  

Quote of the year 

Australis

Aberdeen fans forum.

😄😄😄😄😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😄😄😄😄😄😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😄😄😄😁😁😁😁😁

Generic Username

Some scalding hot takes on the first few pages of this thread have aged like milk left out in the sun

henrysmithsgloves
22 minutes ago, Australis said:

Aberdeen fans forum.

😄😄😄😄😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😄😄😄😄😄😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😄😄😄😁😁😁😁😁

1jf3n6.gif

the posh bit

He will walk now. Can't see him having the heart to see this out. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

He will walk now. Can't see him having the heart to see this out. 

I think his wallet will stick it out.

Fitzroy Pointon

He'll be pishing himself laughing on Sportscene tonight no doubt :laugh2:

Victorian

He had the Brasso out,  trying to polish the most tarnished of turds.  Pleased with the team.  Pleased with the defending.  I expect the sheepdip sniffers will be sceptics.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He had the Brasso out,  trying to polish the most tarnished of turds.  Pleased with the team.  Pleased with the defending.  I expect the sheepdip sniffers will be sceptics.

Aye, but him and Sharon have a trip to Banchory tomorrow.  Beautiful up here.  Marvellous.

He’s actually gone up in my estimation.  He’s just effortlessly ripping the pesh; he doesn’t give two hoots.

Victorian
Just now, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Aye, but him and Sharon have a trip to Banchory tomorrow.  Beautiful up here.  Marvellous.

He’s actually gone up in my estimation.  He’s just effortlessly ripping the pesh; he doesn’t give two hoots.

Couple of nice boozers in Banchory tbf.  Locals' full compliment of fingers can be variable of course.

been here before

And some of the loudest Peps on here wanted him at Hearts.

Oh dear...

highlandjambo3

Anyone any view of a post Match presser from him (if there was one)

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Anyone any view of a post Match presser from him (if there was one)

Spellczech

Starting to think Aberdeen players are unhappy with the chopping and changing as well as having a contractor for a manager...

schillaci
5 hours ago, OTT said:

Male patterned baldness is no joke :lol: 

No, but some responses to the issue are.

Would have been better off sticking with Robson.

Aberdeen players need to take a look at themselves.

Mikey1874

He has his own way of talking which is okay. But it's a lot of shite a lot of the time. Always been that way. Got on the right side of the media in England and early results in his career helped him, but if he was starting out in Scotland he'd be ridiculed and chased. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Where are this guys eyebrows?

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Starting to think Aberdeen players are unhappy with the chopping and changing as well as having a contractor for a manager...

Outsourcing is very much in vogue. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He has his own way of talking which is okay. But it's a lot of shite a lot of the time. Always been that way. Got on the right side of the media in England and early results in his career helped him, but if he was starting out in Scotland he'd be ridiculed and chased. 

He gives journalists sound bites which is what they want, not technical dissection of tactics or the style of play. Fits easier in their reports and makes more striking headlines. I remember hearing a few years back in Villas Boas was manager of Chelsea, that he did not like doing press conferences in Britain because the journalists just wanted lines about controversy in the game or certain talking points, when he wanted to talk in depth about the technical aspects.

A lot of the Old School English managers who survived a long time in the game figured out that keep journalists happy by giving them what they want and they will always back you for more managerial jobs.

Wee Mikey
On 28/02/2024 at 21:57, Wee Mikey said:

And so it continues ...

Rangers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2 - 0 Bonnyrigg Rose

Aberdeen 3 - 3 Motherwell

Aberdeen 2 - 2 Hibernian

Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

That's still 2 valuable points picked up at home v other bottom 6 clubs.

(But now ... 13 points dropped out of 15)

Surely not far now until, "Warnock Oot"?

Blimey, I can hardly keep up!

And so it continues ...

Rangers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2 - 0 Bonnyrigg Rose

Aberdeen 3 - 3 Motherwell

Aberdeen 2 - 2 Hibernian

Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

St Mirren 2- 1 Aberdeen

Again, that's still 2 valuable points picked up at home v other bottom 6 clubs. Might prove vital.

(But now ... 16 points dropped out of 18)

Surely not far now until, "Warnock Oot" ...

.... although, for me, it is, "Warnock IN."

Next 2 games also against top 6 opposition

Home v Kilmarnock

Away v Dundee**

Prior to the St M game, Warnocks comments were quite astonishing. A combination of detailing how crap A'den are, slating his players, and apparently nowt to do with his tactics. "Getting paid to have a busy mind" is a cracker, but read the rest if it:-

"I have had a busy last 48 hours in my own mind, but that is what you get paid for. We have had a lot of demoralising goals against us that have knocked our confidence."

"It's amazing how confidence can change at the slightest point. We have got to regain some confidence and that comes with results."

"I want them to play without fear and do the jobs that they are in the team to do. That's easier said than done but we need to be positive."

"You are bound to look at yourself and think 'could I have done any better? But at the end of the day goals change games. All the goals we have conceded have been poor. I don't think they have been anything to do with tactics."

"It would be nice to get a clean sheet to start with and then score some goals. You have got to put them together and find the right recipe. We have got to to get some points on board and go to places like St Mirren, not be afraid and give it a go."

Ye couldnae mak it up.

**Edit  ... Dundee have slipped out of the top 6

Edited by Wee Mikey

ArcticJambo
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He has his own way of talking which is okay. But it's a lot of shite a lot of the time. Always been that way. Got on the right side of the media in England and early results in his career helped him, but if he was starting out in Scotland he'd be ridiculed and chased

In the pre-match interview I heard on the radio there was definitely an underlying theme in the questions being put to him. I couldn't really work out if he actually picked up on it but nevertheless his answers were answered like a seasoned politician would do.  Anyone in his shoes who actually gave a **** would have probably have taken umbrage with the line of questioning.

The media definitely now have him pegged as a snake oil saleman.

Wee Mikey

I'm beginning to wonder if he's played a blinder and got paid up-front for what must've been his targets (top 6, then a Euro spot) rather than a monthly whack plus end of season bonuses dependant on finishing place.

1971fozzy

Ross county have a terrible run in to the split. I genuinely think Aberdeen may survive the play offs bar a miracle turnaround in form from RC.

i watched their game v hibs today and they did have chances  but they really need Dhanda back asap.

id love it if Aberdeen went down. Outside the arse cheeks there’s not a more arrogant self entitled shower about.

The elephant in the room that seems to have been forgotten in all this is just what’s happening with their dump of a ground and their £150m super stadium 🤷🏻‍♂️

boag1874

If he gets them relegated he’s a Scottish football legend.

A club who benefited massively from being in the right place at the right time last decade, been hilarious watching them slip back down to their usual level.

Eventually they will have to actually do something about Pittodrie being a dump too which will take more investment out the first team. Could get really funny yet

I remember his interview with TalkSPORT when he signed and he didn’t appear to know Miovski’s name, it was awkward. Yesterday before the game he was asked about the player changes to the team and told the journalist to see for himself.

It’s such a bizarre appointment from Aberdeen. Doesn’t know Scottish football, 75 years old, clueless. What was wrong with the guy that managed the game against Celtic??? Weird appointment.

1971fozzy
3 minutes ago, Dalry said:

I remember his interview with TalkSPORT when he signed and he didn’t appear to know Miovski’s name, it was awkward. Yesterday before the game he was asked about the player changes to the team and told the journalist to see for himself.

It’s such a bizarre appointment from Aberdeen. Doesn’t know Scottish football, 75 years old, clueless. What was wrong with the guy that managed the game against Celtic??? Weird appointment.

they thought he was box office. 
well, he kinda is , for the reasons they didn’t want.  If I was a betting man I’d say he won’t be cheap either. Must be on a fair wedge.

Theyll lose their next 2 games which are away and he’ll be off.

that Cormack is doing a sterling job up there. It’ll be 5 managers in his 4 year reign or something like that

Tommy Brown
40 minutes ago, Dalry said:

Two ways to look at it, especially with hindsight.

A. A solid manager with good success in championship level football. A team that should be challenging for 3rd, in a LC Final.

B. A underperforming bunch of wasters, a manager comes in for 6 months, why start performing for him, he won't be here in the Summer.

The Natural Order

He's turned Aberdeen into the new Hibs. They've "Donsed It!'

King prawn

Such a shame that County have got us Killie and Rangers in their final run of games as I don’t see Aberdeen picking up many from theirs !

16 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Prefer hibsed it.

Tommy Brown
17 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Such a shame that County have got us Killie and Rangers in their final run of games as I don’t see Aberdeen picking up many from theirs !

Only 4 points, they have a post split head to head. Don't lose ground until the split can make it a nervous time Colin's Clowns.

pettigrewsstylist
41 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

The Natural Order
38 minutes ago, Ked said:

Prefer hibsed it.

I'm sure there's room for both.

colinmaroon

I have to say I agree with Warnovk about the length of time some VAR decisions are taking, and especially late in the game. It's fact!

The main problem must lie with the VAR team.  They take too long before passing it back to the referee.  Pick the original and the shot which is clearest and pass it back.  Is it a technical ability problem?  Sort it!  We know it's a lack of ability and or bias problem.  The way to deal with the latter is through punishment but sadly, the authorities are more biased than the officials in most cases, and they are totally lacking in transparency.

Make it policy for VAR process/decisions to be made public after the game on request.

Footballfirst

Warnock having problems with the recipe ......... help on offer 🤣

jdl2002
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Warnock having problems with the recipe ......... help on offer 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

BelgeJambo

28 points behind the famous and counting. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Only 30 left to play for 😂😂😂

Mikey1874

Thanks to the Daily Mail. Toyosi Olusanya who scored the winner for them was recommended to them by

Neil Warnock.

Warnock signed him for Middlesbrough but when he was out of the picture, our Neil got on the phone to Paisley.

Edited by Mikey1874

I think it was it Warnock that paid £1m to take Uche to Boro? 😀

Wee Mikey

Likely the Daily Record at it as usual, but:-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-odds-aberdeen-fc-32267317

Neil Warnock odds on for Aberdeen FC sack after just ONE MONTH with relegation fight looming

The veteran manager's spell has been a disaster with the Dons facing a relegation scrap this term.

Under-pressure Neil Warnock is now ODDS ON to be sacked by Aberdeen with the bookmakers.

The Dons have been plunged into Scottish Premiership relegation trouble after conceding twice in stoppage time at St Mirren to taste defeat in Paisley after a stunning Connor Barron opener. The Dons held the advantage until Mark O'Hara slotted home from the penalty spot in the 96th minute with Stephen Robinson's men grabbing a winner that sparked wild scenes on the pitch and in the stands one minute later through Toyosi Olusanya.

The result was Aberdeen's TENTH league without a win - with their last success on league duty coming two days into the New Year at Ross County.

And the veteran Englishman is odds on to be the next Scottish top flight boss out of a job as chairman Dave Cormack weighs up his options despite the 75-year-old being in the Granite City for less than a month.

Sport Lens now place the boss at 2/5 to be shown the door ahead of any other boss.

That places Warnock ahead of David Martindale at 5/1 who is rock bottom with Livingston.

Naomi Rose from the oddsmakers said: "Aberdeen manager Neil Warnock's tenure at Pittodrie could be nearing its end. The veteran manager has yet to secure a win in six league matches, and the team's winless streak now stretches to ten games."

Gorgierools

No shit Sherlock. What an amazing piece of investigative journalism. Maybe they have an inside man🤔