• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

vegas-voss

He will probably get them a few short term results and the remit is probably to guide them to at least 5th and that will be job done.

Long term if he was to take the job further he will probably have them like a Kille stuffy hard to beat long ball merchants men behind the ball and as we have seen it works well in this league but it's boring as ****.

Mikey1874

Another good little boost for the profile of Scottish football.

He can bring his experience and stabilise things for what looks like a decent squad.

Or get shown up for underestimating us.

tokyowalnut

It’ll have zero impact on our season. 

He’ll come up, top up his pension and provide some sound bites and head back down the road in the summer and say what a laugh he has had. 

He’s an erse. 

He’ll be interim only, I thought while they pretend they are doing proper scouting for a boss for next season.....also known as waiting to see if Lennon gets RoI job.

Jim_Duncan

Slaverer takes over at club with mouth breathing fans. Could end messily. 

ScandinavianJambo

A nothing to loose appointment. He keeps them in the too six, makes use of the actual talent they have and they have saved themselves both money and face. 

kingantti1874

Bizarre tbh.  I mean Warnock on paper seems like a sound appt even though he’s 75 years old but it’s only till end of the season?

what are they up to? Trying to avoid getting sucked into a relegation fight? 

Anyway.  Maybe aberDNA can buy him a blanket or 2.  Cold not great for people of his age 

Victorian

Total unknown factor.  Their season is more likely to be decided on whether or not they can keep Miovski,  Barron and Clarkson free of injury.  

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He will probably get them a few short term results and the remit is probably to guide them to at least 5th and that will be job done.

Long term if he was to take the job further he will probably have them like a Kille stuffy hard to beat long ball merchants men behind the ball and as we have seen it works well in this league but it's boring as ****.

Another McInness then.

Jim_Duncan
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bizarre tbh.  I mean Warnock on paper seems like a sound appt even though he’s 75 years old but it’s only till end of the season?

what are they up to? Trying to avoid getting sucked into a relegation fight? 

Anyway.  Maybe aberDNA can buy him a blanket or 2.  Cold not great for people of his age 

Most Aberdeen fans seem to think it’s c.1987, so maybe they thought Warnock is in his early forties. 

SectionDJambo

He'll probably spend some time in the stand after having a go at the elite officials we enjoy up here.

8 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

It’ll have zero impact on our season. 

He’ll come up, top up his pension and provide some sound bites and head back down the road in the summer and say what a laugh he has had. 

He’s an erse

Exactly. The guy’s a tube. Couldn’t believe it when some on here were recommending him as an option for us.

Bazzas right boot

Pr stunt and stop gap.

He'll have no care or investment in them, he'll take the cash and revel in the media " frenzy" and attention he'll get.

They'll be referred to as "Neil Warnocks Aberdeen".

Stop gap to the summer, Bob to come in for them once he's had his holiday in the USA?

AlimOzturk

Tbh it would be a fun appointment. However, it’s hardly with long term thinking ahead. 

It’ll be interesting to hear how much he has seen of Scottish football recently but will no doubt sound like an authority on it. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pr stunt and stop gap.

He'll have no care or investment in them, he'll take the cash and revel in the media " frenzy" and attention he'll get.

They'll be referred to as "Neil Warnocks Aberdeen".

Stop gap to the summer, Bob to come in for them once he's had his holiday in the USA?

Yip reckon that’s exactly what will happen.

ToadKiller Dog

Big risk , yes a big character will likely give them an instant burst of confidence .

He's 75 ,will soon get homesick stuck up in Aberdeen . Daft appointment ,lucky if he is still in post come August 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Big risk , yes a big character will likely give them an instant burst of confidence .

He's 75 ,will soon get homesick stuck up in Aberdeen . Daft appointment ,lucky if he is still in post come August 

He won't be, he'll be temporary until the summer.

brawlad74

Short term appointment but does it come with longer options which would bleed them? He'll prob get some decent results but will sheep players take to being shouted at? Ach who cares they won't worry us but defo raise SPL profile in Engerland. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

He’ll improve them. 

I'd improve them.

Colin has always said he wanted to manage in Edinburgh. Likely that he sees Aberdeen as a stepping stone. 

rambothejambo
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Colin .

Good mates Dad was No. 2 to Paul Sturrock for many years, he was the one who told me that Neil Warnock was/is an anagram for Colin . Apparently whenever Warnock was managing the away fans would sing & call him Colin throughout the match. He feckin hated it.

Captain Canada

I think he'll improve them, get in trouble with refs and spout some great soundbites. 

It certainly won't be a boring few months and will bring more attention to the league. 

EmbraCraig

Chat on the radio yesterday was they’d bring someone in strictly until the end of the season, so I guess they’ve done that.

it'll make some interesting interviews until the end of the season, and they’ll be tougher to beat when we play them. I’d guess he’ll be on a healthy bonus if he can get them top 6/euro places.

He’s got a good record of getting better results out of an under achieving squad, but as long as we don’t drop of a cliff like last March/April then we should still finish we’ll clear of them.

They'll be recruiting Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Sam Allerdyce etc etc next.

😁

Just now, Jamdub said:

Amen..... :thumb:

50 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Most Aberdeen fans seem to think it’s c.1987, so maybe they thought Warnock is in his early forties. 

Quick appointment, big(ish) name, experienced manager. If I was a sheep it's the kind of appointment I'd be expecting. They're not gonna do the same as last year, the fans would be asking for their heads next.

Edited by WDJ87

vegas-voss
55 minutes ago, 151 said:

Another McInness then.

Aye pretty similar I think just a lot older version

He'll be good for the game up here and will likely make Aberdeen far more organised. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his team talks

indianajones

The more i think about it the more this seems like a massive gamble. 

He'll be seen as a safe approach when in reality he is a complete unknown in Scotland. Our game has moved on a lot from Warnock tactics. 

Risky.  

Sub4TiddlerMurray

That is a car crash appointment. Reeks of desperation at Board level.

The smart appointment would be the Dundee manager Tony Docherty. He is clearly switched on and has transformed a rubbish team into a likely top 6er. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Set to be named Aberdeen manager… not sure what to make of that!? Thoughts?

Has the potential to be absolutely hilarious! 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

A nothing to loose appointment. He keeps them in the too six, makes use of the actual talent they have and they have saved themselves both money and face. 

Hard to keep them somewhere they aren't in the first place! 

45 minutes ago, livi said:

It’ll be interesting to hear how much he has seen of Scottish football recently but will no doubt sound like an authority on it. 

Probably not a great deal although he does spend quite a lot of time in Scotland (albeit presumably when he's out a job!) as he has had a house up here for many years. I think he's mentioned that Morton are his local team.

It is a really strange appointment for Aberdeen though as a sort of stop-gap. I suspect Aberdeen are worried about the financial consequences of not making Europe, but whether Warnock is the right answer is questionable. 

58 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I am sure he has a house up here somewhere