Neil Warnock

Rudy T

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen  are just bouncing about and hoping that things go ok.

Aberdeen in particular seem to have no direction or plan on or off the field. They are winging it.

Hibs for comparison, although shite clearly have a direction and plan now and time will tell how that goes.

Aberdeen need a 5 year plan imo.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

Dallas Green

Really puts that "in transition" tweet that Cormack put out look a bit silly eh. 4th manager in 3 years. That seems to be a long ass transition even though they were apparently through it. Welt.

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Dont think he’ll get them in trouble. RC and Livi look like a safety net down there. Don’t think he’ll win the cup or get close to it. Don’t think he’ll finish top six. Think he’ll take a couple of real spankings early doors. Think he’ll be a bit of sideshow entertainment

Hibs say, "hud ma beer!"

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

6 years younger than Biden and limited downside - at worst he blows up Aberdeen, Biden on the other hand...

He's 4 years younger than the H1b5 saviour. 

:rofl:

henrysmithsgloves

Smiles on peoples faces 😳 wonder who be smiling at end of season 🤔

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
54 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Just gave  us a mention

We wanted him, but gave the job to a Latvian 😁😁

Saw that he said he was insulted, shows how interested he was in us, that "Latvian" won us the cup.

Pans Jambo

Wont happen but I would love it if he relegated them or at the very least, got them into the relegation play-offs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I reckon he will be another Lee Johnson in truth, so full of themselves, that their superior English football knowledge will shine through, track record in Scotland of not knowing the league, you get found out.

He has nothing to lose however, I would expect Aberdeen to quickly become the most attacking team in the league, their defence is a big problem if he goes that way

HeartsandonlyHearts

Sounds like he’s doing it just for a laugh. 
If he gets them 1 point above #!bs come the end of the season It’ll have been a success. For me anyway.

GIRFUYHIBEES.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I reckon he will be another Lee Johnson in truth, so full of themselves, that their superior English football knowledge will shine through, track record in Scotland of not knowing the league, you get found out.

He has nothing to lose however, I would expect Aberdeen to quickly become the most attacking team in the league, their defence is a big problem if he goes that way

Warnock is a defensive type of coach. They won't be good to watch they'll be cloggers 

tartofmidlothian
36 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Brilliant as usual. 😃

Decent interview, this should be worth watching at least. Don't think he'll do a huge amount with them, but their chances of top six have improved, and fair play to him for turning down bigger paydays to do this.

Reckon he's using them as a stepping stone to the Morton job?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Warnock is a defensive type of coach. They won't be good to watch they'll be cloggers 

Not always, his success in the lower leagues earlier in his career was based on having about 6 strikers, all of decent standard relative to the league. 46 game seasons, he would rotate them from midweeks to weekends very well.

He is not complicated, he will keep it simple, but he does like his own men. Interesting he mentions the hostile nature of the crowd, he will want play on that as well, Robson did instantly but struggled lately as they got fed up, they may get a pick up in home form again. The cloggers bit, I can believe that, imagine he will not endear himself to our referees though, who have zero sense of humour, that could be a watch.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Barry Robson did to us last season what we are doing just now. Winning games in a row against bottom 6 teams plus us at our lowest.

He wasn’t a world beater or good manager. He got the expected results when we imploded.

This is such a weird appointment. He’s a grinder of results in relegation battles. Aberdeen are unlikely to be in that so I don’t get what he brings unless it’s to get younger players working with an experienced manager after flopping with Bazza

Barry Robson was extremely lucky last season in that winning run they had.  It included a 1-0 win at Ross County where they only managed the one shot on goal all game, a 1-0 win at St Johnstone when Saints had a guy sent off in the first few minutes (harshly IIRC), St Johnstone's keeper scored the only (own) goal by spilling the ball at his feet when trying to catch a woefully tame free kick, then trying to kick it clear out to the side, and sclaffing it sideways into his own net.  Saints were then all over Aberdeen in the closing stages despite being a man short, but didn’t quite manage a goal. And against sevco, their first goal was a badly mishit cross which caught the wind, caught out the sevco keeper, and flukily sailed into the net. Sevco had dominated up to that point and missed a truckload of sitters. They then got a late second thanks to sevco piling absolutely everyone forward trying to get an equaliser.

I P Knightley

During that press conference, he seems to take some credit for Montgomery ('one of my young lads'). Is there something in that or is he just trying to endear himself with Hearts supporters? 

15 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

If he gets them 1 point above #!bs come the end of the season It’ll have been a success. For me anyway.

GIRFUYHIBEES.

Like Foley's investment at Hibs. "A bit of fun". 

Luckies1874
23 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

GIRFUYHIBEES.

Be astonished if Aberdeen aren't ahead of Hibs after 38 games. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’m hoping a couple of more teams are ahead of #!bs come seasons end. The lower they are the better my Summer.

29 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Not always, his success in the lower leagues earlier in his career was based on having about 6 strikers, all of decent standard relative to the league. 46 game seasons, he would rotate them from midweeks to weekends very well.

He is not complicated, he will keep it simple, but he does like his own men. Interesting he mentions the hostile nature of the crowd, he will want play on that as well, Robson did instantly but struggled lately as they got fed up, they may get a pick up in home form again. The cloggers bit, I can believe that, imagine he will not endear himself to our referees though, who have zero sense of humour, that could be a watch.

Yes - it's very much percentage football, but there's a lot of sense in that particularly in a 46-game league.

Personally I've always thought he comes across as a decent guy even if has definitely crossed a line a few times with the refs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

A lot will depend on their game a week Saturday, bar the Viaplay game, Hibs have had Aberdeens number and really should have won that one too. Hibs worry now is an influx of players who they may feel obliged to play, Aberdeen dont look as soft as Hibs though, Dundee still a rather large fly in the ointment

Chuck Berry

His interview was all about him, and his knowledge of Scottish football appeared to be somewhat lacking, apart from where Greenock Morton are.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

His interview was all about him, and his knowledge of Scottish football appeared to be somewhat lacking, apart from where Greenock Morton are.

He will know quite a bit I suspect. Sure he was a pundit on BT Sport a few years ago on a couple of Scottish games. Also as he says he spends a lot of time up here.

Though he did think Paterson was a right back when he signed him for Cardiff - sure he had some sort of funny dig at Levein about that. 

WorldChampions1902
31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He seems a decent sort.

Totally agree. I can’t help but like the guy. I liked his “arrogant English” comment in that interview too. I don’t like saying this, but I hope he does (relatively) well but certainly not at our expense.

He’s gonna be an interesting distraction for all the neutrals, that’s for sure!

Graham Thomson

Embarrassing appointment from Aberdeen

A nice payday for 75 year old Neil Warnock though 👍

Paraphrasing "Nearly got the Hearts job once ... They gave it to some bloke from Latvia or somewhere, so that was a little bit of an insult"

Don't know if he'll win, but he will be entertaining. Will let Aberdeen supporters decide what they value.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone could.

He will do the progression of the game here absolutely no good whatsoever, and they will be looking for someone else come the summer.

😂😂 Very true. I still see why they went for him though. Progression of our game has much bigger problems than who manages Aberdeen

Edited by WDJ87

Like everyone that comes up here - he will underestimate the league and be shite. 

Least he can go on talksport after hes been booted out and moan about the standard of the game up here. 

Jamhammer

He will not believe the favouritism for the OF and he won’t be quiet about it either

Could be fun

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

😂😂 Very true. I still see why they went for him though. Progression of our game has much bigger problems than who manages Aberdeen

Definitely, look at the rest of the managers though, including the uglies and Scotland, no wonder we struggle. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithian said:

Paraphrasing "Nearly got the Hearts job once ... They gave it to some bloke from Latvia or somewhere, so that was a little bit of an insult"

Don't know if he'll win, but he will be entertaining. Will let Aberdeen supporters decide what they value.

Yeah more ill informed casual racism will be entertaining 🤦🏽

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, look at the rest of the managers though, including the uglies and Scotland, no wonder we struggle. 

The money in our game is pitiful and that effects everything managers, players etc that all comes from the top. 

23 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Like everyone that comes up here - he will underestimate the league and be shite. 

Least he can go on talksport after hes been booted out and moan about the standard of the game up here. 

I hope you're right but watch his interview. I reckon he might have a bit of a clue.

ToadKiller Dog
24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He will not believe the favouritism for the OF and he won’t be quiet about it either

Could be fun

Hopefully he has a few old firm bias rants that are picked up by the London media .

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

The money in our game is pitiful and that effects everything managers, players etc that all comes from the top. 

I hope you're right but watch his interview. I reckon he might have a bit of a clue.

Absolutely, the fact that the game is run for the benefit of two clubs doesn’t help. 
The odd decent manager slips through now and then. 

Gillsland jack

Sent to the stand by the ref tomorrow night, banned for the next few games, can you really see him putting up with our shite weegie supporting officials!!!

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

During that press conference, he seems to take some credit for Montgomery ('one of my young lads'). Is there something in that or is he just trying to endear himself with Hearts supporters? 

Nick Montgomery was at Sheffield United when Warnock managed there. Gave him his debut as 18 year old. Together there for 7 years. 

Edited by Mikey1874

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He is the polar opposite to Lee Johnson.  And he is not an attack minded coach. Other than that you are spot on.

58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you off your head? What a stupid comment.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Are you off your head? What a stupid comment.

Look it up, maybe learn something. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Look it up, maybe learn something. 

He is clearly saying some unheard person from Latvia (who I can't even remember the name of) was chosen over him (who most people know) was an insult. He also said it in jest. Why are you making a big deal of it?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I honestly took that comment by him as factual. I don't think we ever had a manager from Latvia, but we hit a few other Eastern European nations. 

I did not read that statement as, "They hired a Latvian over me, insane," but more like, "I applied and lost out to a Latvian manager."

If you read it the latter way, please know I read it differently. I wouldn't have laughed if I thought he was insulted by an Eastern European being chosen over him. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Smithian said:

I honestly took that comment by him as factual. I don't think we ever had a manager from Latvia, but we hit a few other Eastern European nations. 

I did not read that statement as, "They hired a Latvian over me, insane," but more like, "I applied and lost out to a Latvian manager."

If you read it the latter way, please know I read it differently. I wouldn't have laughed if I thought he was insulted by an Eastern European being chosen over him. 

I didn’t think you did, as you say he mistook one Eastern European for another, and then assumed that whoever that was couldn’t possibly be as good as he was. As If he was some managerial guru, 20 clubs in 40 years would indicate otherwise. 

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

He is clearly saying some unheard person from Latvia (who I can't even remember the name of) was chosen over him (who most people know) was an insult. He also said it in jest. Why are you making a big deal of it?

We never had a Latvian manager, its indicative of his many borderline racist comments hes made over the years, whether said in jest or not. 
Hes also an average manager whose tactics belong in the past. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

He is the polar opposite to Lee Johnson.  And he is not an attack minded coach. Other than that you are spot on.

By Lee Johnson I mean his lack of local knowledge will kill him