Neil Warnock

Rudy T

VALDOS'

Popcorn teeth will get them firing, i don't doubt it for a second.....then the self implosion will begin 12 months down the line

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

I think Lennon would take them down, he’s clueless and those players don’t like getting told what to do. They get every manager the bullet, he goes in shouting the odds and they’ll just switch off. Basically every one of them must be thinking they could be punted in the summer so they’ll be working their moves already. Lennons managerial record is horrendous a win against Barcelona has been his meal ticket for years. 

8 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Popcorn teeth will get them firing, i don't doubt it for a second.....then the self implosion will begin 12 months down the line

Aye! That's what I think too. His mental health tends to take a bit of a nose dive after a while (not having a pop at him for that as that's a low blow) but that's what I've noticed about him. He's a complexed character and football management isn't easy.

Reckon he'll get them going again for a little while though

Francis Albert

Surely someone at Aberdeen must have seen Lennon's deranged comments on Sky on the Hearts game.

But I hope not and he gets the gig.

Life Aquatic

Warnock sitting a bar somewhere telling the barman he saved Aberdeen from relegation and that all the 'jocks' love him

When you hear the likes of Lennon being touted as the next Aberdeen manager, it makes you realise how lucky we are to have Naismith. A young vibrant manager with a clear talent for coaching players as opposed to some screaming bam. One positive of appointing Lennon is the Scottish media and pundits will sook up your arse no matter what he does.

Harry Potter
5 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

He came he saw he left.

he certainly left, very strange, 

1971fozzy

Guy is a complete tool (believe me) so it’s with great joy I see him leave having failed and also leaving that club in a state.

win win.

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Surely someone at Aberdeen must have seen Lennon's deranged comments on Sky on the Hearts game.

But I hope not and he gets the gig.

Me too, a sure fire way for Cormack not to get the fans back on board.

Turkishcap

Am I the only one who will miss Warnock in our game?

Rather him than lennon any day, poison dwarf.

Edited by Turkishcap

Something clearly doesn't stack up with Warnock's explanation of events.  If he was indeed telling the Board that they needed to bring in a new manager now, rather than wait until the end of the season, why would he leave before the new manager has been secured?

Can't believe that Cormack would want him out before a replacement had been secured either, even if they were planning to bring someone in before the end of the season.

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if he'd been told they were planning to bring in someone else, he took the huff and decided to step down rather than stay around until the new guy was in place.

henrysmithsgloves

Watching still game,this came up,looks like Warnock😂

th-2848426112.jpg

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
5 hours ago, RobNox said:

Something clearly doesn't stack up with Warnock's explanation of events.  If he was indeed telling the Board that they needed to bring in a new manager now, rather than wait until the end of the season, why would he leave before the new manager has been secured?

Can't believe that Cormack would want him out before a replacement had been secured either, even if they were planning to bring someone in before the end of the season.

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if he'd been told they were planning to bring in someone else, he took the huff and decided to step down rather than stay around until the new guy was in place.

I think your speculation is likely to be right.  I also suspect Warnock has never managed such a bunch of gutless, talentless footballers.

Harry Potter

he's away quicker than a greyhound out the trap, 😧, strange after a superb win,as the man said,

its a funny auld game.

Benny Klack

I would love it if Lennon got the gig - he’s a busted flush and would be another joke appointment on top of Warnock.

Cormack may be an Aberdeen fan and may have loads of cash but he doesn’t have a clue on running a football club and he’s turning Aberdeen into a joke club.

And I’m all for it 👍

Glamorgan Jambo
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

He still wants to work and he calculated that getting Aberdeen relegated was a realistic endpoint and knew that would end his career and to an extent sully his reputation. He bailed out. 

Daveandal

I think you've nailed it.

He has been either been told who and or when the new guy us coming in and it's toys out the pram.

If its Lennon the circus will continue. There is no way their support will be behind that. He is a throw back to a bygone era. Can you imagine him getting a grasp of nutrition or cardio? 

Wilson Wood, Would You?
17 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

He came he saw he left.

Veni, Vidi, Arrivederci! 

Wee Mikey

There's a bit of a 'Catch 22' as regards Aberdeen's next manager. Surely anyone throwing their hat in the ring given the state of that club would automatically be ruling themself out by demonstrating a shocking lack of judgement.

TheBigO

I was told a couple weeks back he was finding it tough. His last couple of jobs his assistant  (Jepson?) did all the heavy lifting and Warnock would do a couple days plus the match. But at Aberdeen he wasnt travelling home to family and was working full time. Not sure if that was due to geography or a decision based on the requirements of the job (ie how surprisingly shite they are!).

Not sure it was health as such but i think he was knackered is shat i was told.

Again, no idea if this is anything to do with his departure.

What is clear is its a mess and the pressure was always on Cormack to get this next appointment right. Personally, I genuinely worry if its Lennon.

Cos i might laugh my cock off and i still occasionally need it.

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

yx75hx.jpg.469aa82598e605d48afe0f6e3a839108.jpg

😀

All the way to the bank, I should imagine.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Wilson Wood, Would You? said:

Veni, Vidi, Arrivederci! 

😊

FarmerTweedy
19 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

He came he saw he was bonkers.

FTFY!

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lennon night get a reaction initially and they'll likley improvethem before it all blows up in 12-18 months.

McInnes would instantly improve them as would Bob, but neither looks likley, especially if already arranged, must be someone out of work.

A Neil, O'Neil?

I believe Derek Adams is available! 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I believe Derek Adams is available! 

M Mackay...😂

Mikey1874
12 hours ago, RobNox said:

There is also 11 clubs in the English Championship fighting over 2 relegation places just now with 9 games to go. 

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Wonder how much his 32 days cost them 

Well, there's the wedge he'll have trousered for his services.

Then:-

After 2 points gained from 18 in the league there's every chance that he's blown top 6 (surely one of his targets).

Almost certainly blown any chance of a Euro spot (likely another target).

Here's a spreadsheet that gives some idea of how costly it could end up.

It also shows why Hearts getting 3rd with an Ugly winning the Cup, or winning the cup ouselves is so valuable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1NQG1gPtVp1e7_JNzKEidExdctR2PUSQWQsZl-eKe3tI/htmlview?pli=1

2 hours ago, Snedescu said:

It’s like a really rubbish version of the ‘Damned United’.

Brilliant!

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, Snedescu said:

It’s like a really rubbish version of the ‘Damned United’.

I wonder if Fergie's desk is still there:lol:

Pasquale for King

So he was going to do a great job and get them top 6 according to some on here 😆🤦🏽?!?!

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Generic Username said:

yx75hx.jpg.469aa82598e605d48afe0f6e3a839108.jpg

Hahaha that’s brilliant 

joondalupjambo

If Cormack does not appoint either Consultants or a free dedicated HR professional to undertake due diligence checks on Lennon if it got to an interview stage, and those checks do not throw up more negatives than positives then I would be astounded.  In fact if he was even considering Lennon I would be astounded.  It has to be the media putting Lennon's name in the hat because even a dingle berry like Cormack must know to steer clear.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Daveandal
On 10/03/2024 at 08:50, Wilson Wood, Would You? said:

Veni, Vidi, Arrivederci! 

Contender for post of the year 😅

briever
On 09/03/2024 at 18:42, Hansel said:

Aye! That's what I think too. His mental health tends to take a bit of a nose dive after a while (not having a pop at him for that as that's a low blow) but that's what I've noticed about him. He's a complexed character and football management isn't easy.

Reckon he'll get them going again for a little while though

It's not a pop - it's a fact.  He should be nowhere near managing a football side, for his own sake.

gasbottle2
On 10/03/2024 at 11:14, Wee Mikey said:

Well, there's the wedge he'll have trousered for his services.

Then:-

After 2 points gained from 18 in the league there's every chance that he's blown top 6 (surely one of his targets).

Almost certainly blown any chance of a Euro spot (likely another target).

Here's a spreadsheet that gives some idea of how costly it could end up.

It also shows why Hearts getting 3rd with an Ugly winning the Cup, or winning the cup ouselves is so valuable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1NQG1gPtVp1e7_JNzKEidExdctR2PUSQWQsZl-eKe3tI/htmlview?pli=1

13 minutes ago, briever said:

It's not a pop - it's a fact.  He should be nowhere near managing a football side, for his own sake.

Thanks for putting that up 👍🏻. European group stages and a Scottish Cup final certainly takes us miles away from “the rest “.  So important for us.  And those figures will probably be a good bit more now.

• 3 weeks later...