***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

They do have the law on their side if they choose to pursue it.

Been done to death on here before. Hope they leave you alone.

I don’t drive, but remember reading about a woman in Dundee who got taken to court.  She built up tens of thousands of tickets, and didn’t pay them, as she thought they copied not be enforced.  The judge said to her, she made the mistake of believing Internet lawyers.  She had to pay all the penalties.

An extreme example, but shows it enforceable, if the company think it is worth it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie

250 mile round trip, not in the slightest bit concerned, 50mph winds are not great for football, but shouldnt cause any real disruption on the roads. Not an uber fan post, if I felt threatened I'd go PPV, just dont feel its a storm until beyond midnight at earliest

JimmyCant

3-4-3 tonight

Clarke

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Limbikisa

Niewenhof

Beni

Cochrane

Forest

Shankland

Vargas

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

250 mile round trip, not in the slightest bit concerned, 50mph winds are not great for football, but shouldnt cause any real disruption on the roads. Not an uber fan post, if I felt threatened I'd go PPV, just dont feel its a storm until beyond midnight at earliest

The weather is pretty normal for this time of year. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

3-4-3 tonight

Clarke

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Limbikisa

Niewenhof

Beni

Cochrane

Forest

Shankland

Vargas

Think that will be the team as well tbh 

PapaShango
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

3-4-3 tonight

Clarke

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Limbikisa

Niewenhof

Beni

Cochrane

Forest

Shankland

Vargas

Like that team but I would have Gordon in between the sticks. I think Clarke will be back but my preference would be Gordon. 

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Can Fraser play tonight ?

Bit tight for time now. Bench if we can get it done in time

2 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

We haven't signed him.

Thought we had 

he had passed medical and agreed terms 

Charlton holding it up should be completed tomorrow 

karipidis
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

3-4-3 tonight

Clarke

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Limbikisa

Niewenhof

Beni

Cochrane

Forest

Shankland

Vargas

Think will be this team apart from Grant or Denholm for Niewenhoff. 

4 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Can Fraser play tonight ?

Do Charlton have a game?  (only joking, not been announced yet and rumours it's fallen through/Charlton stalling)

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

We haven't signed him.

That would suggest that the answer to the question will we play him tonight is fairly certainly no. :)

Edited by portobellojambo1

karipidis

If Clark does start, where does that leave Gordon going forward? The way we are defending I can't see Clark making many mistakes before the end of the season. 

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Like that team but I would have Gordon in between the sticks. I think Clarke will be back but my preference would be Gordon. 

I think we’ll rotate that position game by game for the rest of the season

1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Sainsburys is fine had one ticket but told them they don’t have law on there side, nothing since.

I’ve done Your ParkingSpace often without problems but nothing suitable showing up for tonight.

I’ve always avoided Sainsbury, Wickes, Asda as I worry about getting out after a match - is it quick enough ?

PapaShango
1 minute ago, runnyg said:

I’ve done Your ParkingSpace often without problems but nothing suitable showing up for tonight.

I’ve always avoided Sainsbury, Wickes, Asda as I worry about getting out after a match - is it quick enough ?

Not sure what side your coming from but I always park in the car park at Fountain Park. £4, your car is pretty secure and easy to get away from after the game. 

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I agree with you. Clark had both periods of playing well but also periods where one or two questions were asked. But he was always a temporary stand in, Gordon is now fit and well again and should be between the sticks.

Boyces beard
15 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

So many people want this off 🤣

It's wind and rain. None of this woke storm word usage.

Exactly, i would be more worried if it was 28 degrees in the middle of January ffs.

Threat to life, stay at home ect.... away and fk off, its January and your going to get wind and rain like every other January that's gone before.

Rant over!  FTH

Mon the Hearts, a win tonight would be a great giruy to those teams chasing us.

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

these 2 storms are pretty bad.   tbh been a crap winter.

53 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Me neither. I reckon we have the best pitch in Scotland. Not to mention the world first environmental monitoring system that we've apparently had installed. 

"The stadium benefits from the highest levels of monitoring and data analysis available in the world, with live moisture levels positioned across the pitch to automatically collect data, including air temperature in the stadium and light levels for grass growth."

Did you see the state of Celtic pitch on Sunday 😲

12 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Yep, before they started naming storms nobody would bother thier backside about the game being off unless the pitch was in danger of flooding. Which these days never happens. That's one good thing technology has done for us unlike VAR. 

PapaShango
6 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Exactly, i would be more worried if it was 28 degrees in the middle of January ffs.

Threat to life, stay at home ect.... away and fk off, its January and your going to get wind and rain like every other January that's gone before.

Rant over!  FTH

Mon the Hearts, a win tonight would be a great giruy to those teams chasing us.

Yip. Massive game tonight, really need to get the home form sorted starting tonight. Would love us to come out and score a few early goals. The game we lost 2-1 against them a couple of seasons back we battered them first half but only led 1-0. Second half was one of the worst second half performances I can remember in a long while. 

15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with you. Clark had both periods of playing well but also periods where one or two questions were asked. But he was always a temporary stand in, Gordon is now fit and well again and should be between the sticks.

I think Clark is No 1 

But Gordon should be 

4-2 FT :rolleyes4:

Shankland two,  Vargas one and Forrest one.   Dundee to score two late goals :angelic:

Incase I can't get access to the Internet later due to the impending storm I'll say it now...

Come on the Hearts! :flag1:

Just now, HMFC01 said:

4-2 FT :rolleyes4:

Shankland two,  Vargas one and Forrest one.   Dundee to score two late goals :angelic:

Incase I can't get access to the Internet later due to the impending storm I'll say it now...

Come on the Hearts! :flag1:

I would really, really like to see other players chipping in with goals now too. Be that Halks/Kent at a corner, Kingsley at a freekick or Vargas/Forrest/Grant at some other point. 

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I dont this gordon gets back in until clarke makes a howler. I'd sooner see gordon back to be honest.

30 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not sure what side your coming from but I always park in the car park at Fountain Park. £4, your car is pretty secure and easy to get away from after the game. 

It's free for 4 hours :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Hopefully we use one of these tonight:

s-l1600.png

:kirklol:

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would really, really like to see other players chipping in with goals now too. Be that Halks/Kent at a corner, Kingsley at a freekick or Vargas/Forrest/Grant at some other point. 

Yeah we look more a goal threat nowat corners.   Halket near post, Kent middle and Kingsley back post.  Shankland on the goalkeeper or pairing up at the back post.   

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

these 2 storms are pretty bad.   tbh been a crap winter.

Psychic Harry huh 😉

Lovecraft
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah we look more a goal threat nowat corners.   Halket near post, Kent middle and Kingsley back post.  Shankland on the goalkeeper or pairing up at the back post.   

Only a matter of time before Kingsley scores with his run to the front post from a low corner.  Been close a couple of times.

Jack Torrance
50 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I don’t drive, but remember reading about a woman in Dundee who got taken to court.  She built up tens of thousands of tickets, and didn’t pay them, as she thought they copied not be enforced.  The judge said to her, she made the mistake of believing Internet lawyers.  She had to pay all the penalties.

An extreme example, but shows it enforceable, if the company think it is worth it.

Yeah, it was a residential parking area but the same principle and set a precedent. Sair yin.

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Shh! I've already said too much about parking there. They'll all be rocking up now. 😆

Jim Panzee
8 minutes ago, Dunks said:

not for me it isn't (if you mean fountain park car park).

I generally get there for about 2:15 for a 3pm saturday KO......get back about 5:15 / 5:20 and pay about £3 ish.... similar for midweek games

Just a reminder not to park on a pavement, you’ll get a fine for that and it’s not one you can chuck in the bin. They’ll be out in force tonight looking to ticket cars.

Dallas Green

I've no seen the full conversation about parking but I've parked here for years if people are looking for a decent and close area. Weekend its free and midweek it's free after 6 I think. 

Edit: its free after 5:30

Screenshot_20240123_151500_Maps.jpg

Edited by Dallas Green
Time

Jack Torrance
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

not for me it isn't (if you mean fountain park car park).

I generally get there for about 2:15 for a 3pm saturday KO......get back about 5:15 / 5:20 and pay about £3 ish.... similar for midweek games

Go in and validate your ticket in a machine at one of the places, like the cinema, then take it to the parking machine. Validating it will give you the first 4 hours for free.

Keep it to yourself though 🤫

Jim Panzee
4 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Go in and validate your ticket in a machine at one of the places, like the cinema, then take it to the parking machine. Validating it will give you the first 4 hours for free.

Keep it to yourself though 🤫

lol - ta. Used to do that - but as per my previous posts, the cinema at least have had employees hanging about the validation machines the last few times I've parked there.....suppose at worst you could play dumb and they ask you to pay. 

Basic 3-5-1-1 shape tonight. but varies as required.

Gordon

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick

Limbikisa

Niewenhof

Vargas

Cochrane

Forest

Shankland

20 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Yeah, it was a residential parking area but the same principle and set a precedent. Sair yin.

My mate used to park in the cinema at Fountainpark.  He had an unlimited cinema pass though, so just chose a ticket for a random film, so he could validate his parking.  

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

lol - ta. Used to do that - but as per my previous posts, the cinema at least have had employees hanging about the validation machines the last few times I've parked there.....suppose at worst you could play dumb and they ask you to pay. 

Seems to have moved from Ironman - other outlets are available 😉

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

She made the mistake of admitting she was driving the car at the time.  She should have said she owns the car but she was not going to divulge the name of the person who was driving the car at the time of alleged offence,  Under the current laws (Scotland only) you do not have to give details of who was driving your car. 

Note, to fall in line with the rest of the UK this is going to change later this year when you can be forced to divulge the person's name (or you you will automatically as owner become liable).

Also, this only applies to Private Parking and not council owned/managed parking.

There is plenty info on MoneySavingExpert website https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

Edited by happyjam

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

If Clark does start, where does that leave Gordon going forward? The way we are defending I can't see Clark making many mistakes before the end of the season. 

From what SN has said, my take is that they both will have ample game time between now and end of the season unless one of their form falls off a cliff....