***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

1874robbo
4 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

As things stand, we expect tonight's game to go ahead. We will continue to closely monitor the situation throughout the day. Supporters making the journey to Tynecastle Park should allow extra time for travel and closely follow the advice of the Scottish Government and Transport Scotland. Please note that Scotrail has suspended its services from 7pm this evening.

So follow the advice of transport Scotland and don’t travel unless absolutely necessary 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So only one game for Gordon in next two months?  I doubt that. If that was the plan he would have asked to go out on loan. Will never be fully match fit at that rate. 

Would you expect Gordon to be dropped to accommodate games for Clark?

Clark has taken his opportunity imo and deserves to keep it just now.

Bungalow Bill

Anyone saying Zander hasn’t put a foot wrong are incorrect. At least 2 games this season he made mistakes which have cost us. He’s not made a mistake since CG has been back though. 

In the whole Gordon v Clarke debate, we should play our best players in every position, simple as that. Vargas has done okay recently, but we’d never dream of keeping Shanks out of the team after injury just because his replacement has done okay. 

1874robbo
Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

Anyone saying Zander hasn’t put a foot wrong are incorrect. At least 2 games this season he made mistakes which have cost us. He’s not made a mistake since CG has been back though. 

And Craig made a good few howlers before his injury 

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Indeed. Think people are forgetting the lack of clean sheets prior to Clark coming in.

Gordon should 100% play as he is the better keeper, bottom line. Doesn’t matter how well Clark has been playing, Gordon is better and should start tonight.

One positive with the weather is that it is really mild, not cold at all.

three points are essential tonight.

dannymack
4 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

All great keepers make mistakes... dont you recall the numerous mistakes Craig Gordon made for the club including literally throwing the ball into his own net in the last minute at Parkhead to gift celtic the points. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He did.

I thought his confidence was low.

dannymack

Big Zander starts tonight for me. 

Let's be thankful we have 2 great keepers available. 

2 hours ago, Paolo said:

I don’t drive, but remember reading about a woman in Dundee who got taken to court.  She built up tens of thousands of tickets, and didn’t pay them, as she thought they copied not be enforced.  The judge said to her, she made the mistake of believing Internet lawyers.  She had to pay all the penalties.

An extreme example, but shows it enforceable, if the company think it is worth it.

Plus she admitted it was her driving the car.

46 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Just drove home from Livingston. Its pretty wild out there and I would suggest not really compatible with a game of football, but I guess we'll wait and see what happens. 

It's TV for me tonight. Not worth the risk of getting stuck or worse.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Dalry said:

Gordon should 100% play as he is the better keeper, bottom line. Doesn’t matter how well Clark has been playing, Gordon is better and should start tonight.

One positive with the weather is that it is really mild, not cold at all.

three points are essential tonight.

12° just now.

☺️

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, cazzyy said:

Plus she admitted it was her driving the car.

Would be the only reason they were able to prosecute her I think.   Huge error on her part!  I think in England they can just go after the owner of the car but in Scotland it has to be the driver - and you don’t have to tell them who was driving.  My wife got away with one of these by writing to them and saying she didn’t know who was driving / wouldn’t tell them and they wrote back and confirmed they wouldn’t be taking it further.  

1 hour ago, happyjam said:

She made the mistake of admitting she was driving the car at the time.  She should have said she owns the car but she was not going to divulge the name of the person who was driving the car at the time of alleged offence,  Under the current laws (Scotland only) you do not have to give details of who was driving your car. 

Note, to fall in line with the rest of the UK this is going to change later this year when you can be forced to divulge the person's name (or you you will automatically as owner become liable).

Also, this only applies to Private Parking and not council owned/managed parking.

There is plenty info on MoneySavingExpert website https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

Correct. 👍

Massive game.

A chance to go;

8 ahead of Killie 

10 ahead of St Mirren 

Having played the same amount of matches.

Potentially, also the chance to go;

14 ahead of Hibs (they would have 2 games in hand starting with Rangers at ER tomorrow)

17 ahead of Dundee (who would have 3 games in hand)

17 ahead of Aberdeen (who would have 4 games in hand - we of course play them at home on Sat).

So a game we really need to be winning if we are serious about securing 3rd again.

Only 4 wins at home this season and 7 away.

Need to make it 6 at home by the close of play on Saturday. 

🇱🇻🇱🇻

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, MattyK82 said:

Massive game.

A chance to go;

8 ahead of Killie 

10 ahead of St Mirren 

14 ahead of Hibs (they would have 2 games in hand starting with Rangers at ER tomorrow)

17 ahead of Aberdeen (who would have 4 games in hand - we of course play them at home on Sat).

So a game we really need to be winning if we are serious about securing 3rd again.

🇱🇻🇱🇻

What could possibly go wrong. 

Boris5115
7 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Big Zander starts tonight for me. 

Let's be thankful we have 2 great keepers available. 

Zander is decent but nowhere near great. Gordon was world class and time will tell if he still is. Gordon starts for me all day long but I think Naismith will start Clark. 

Huge call from Naismith tonight,  hard one to call from a fans point of view , but I'm sure the manager will apply his logic and make the best call going forward.

14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

How much is a good few? I can think of 2. We lost neither game. I can think of 5 or 6 from Zander. Losing every one.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Gordon makes a good few howlers……………. My word :rofl: 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

How much is a good few? I can think of 2. We lost neither game. I can think of 5 or 6 from Zander. Losing every one.

I did think that was pish when I read it but thought my memory must have gone :lol:

13 minutes ago, dannymack said:

All great keepers make mistakes... dont you recall the numerous mistakes Craig Gordon made for the club including literally throwing the ball into his own net in the last minute at Parkhead to gift celtic the points. 

18 years ago 🤣🤣🤣

Shanks said no

Traffic alert - congestion Haymarket, Dalry, Gorgie and Slateford. Unless you are using my pony I would suggest leave early. Various roadworks. 

saxondale
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Plus the 7 or 8 outstanding saves Gordon made that no other keeper in Scotland could have pulled off.

Gordon is streets ahead of Clark in every aspect, but it would still be harsh to just drop Clark after he's done do well in Gordon’s absence.

Diadora Van Basten

Clark

Kent. Halkett. Kingsley 

Oda Beni Denholm Cochrane

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shanks

28 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So follow the advice of transport Scotland and don’t travel unless absolutely necessary 

I suppose if you're going to the game then it is absolutely necessary.

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

In the whole Gordon v Clarke debate, we should play our best players in every position, simple as that. Vargas has done okay recently, but we’d never dream of keeping Shanks out of the team after injury just because his replacement has done okay. 

That's exactly why Gordon should play.

Best player in his position at the club.

Victorian
6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Massive game.

A chance to go;

8 ahead of Killie 

10 ahead of St Mirren 

🇱🇻🇱🇻

Well put.  This is a really important match.  We've had a good run and even coped with the blip vs Ross County.  We really need to get back to winning home matches.  Another blip and failing to build on our lead would be criminal.  We've got the chance to break the back of the race for 3rd.  Grab it ffs.

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Kent. Halkett. Kingsley 

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shanks

Oda will be lucky to get a place on the bench after recent performances he’s been nothing short of honking. The new boy starts for me tonight.

Jack Torrance
29 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

That's not what Transprot Scotland say though.

They say there will be "possible disruption to travel" and that "Police Scotland has issued a warning to travel with caution for areas affected by the amber & yellow weather warnings". 

https://www.traffic.gov.scot/disruption

11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Massive game.

A chance to go;

8 ahead of Killie 

10 ahead of St Mirren 

🇱🇻🇱🇻

I don't think we will lose tonight but if we did I still think we could be serious about finishing 3rd.

Boris5115
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Kent. Halkett. Kingsley 

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shanks

Oda please no. 

3 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Plus the 7 or 8 outstanding saves Gordon made that no other keeper in Scotland could have pulled off.

Gordon is streets ahead of Clark in every aspect, but it would still be harsh to just drop Clark after he's done do well in Gordon’s absence.

Yep, and I get it. 

The only reasoning behind starting Zander Clark over Craig Gordon is because he’s done nothing wrong. That doesn’t sit right with me. Not when 3rd place could be worth £6/7m and we lost out last season by 3 points. The difference in ability between Gordon and Clark could be the difference between 3rd and 4th. 

1874robbo
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Gordon makes a good few howlers……………. My word :rofl: 

Yeh I know, he makes none eh 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Victorian

Drop an international standard keeper without much fault and you're asking for trouble.  What message are you sending the guy?  He would be entitled to wonder if he should try to move on.  

Clark until he has some poor form.

Walter Bishop
37 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Which is 100% not their advice. 🤦🏼

Pete Elliott

Gordon

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Lembekisa

Beni

Niuwenhof

Cochrane

Forrest

Shanks

Vargas

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh I know, he makes none eh 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Barely any aye . What a mare you are having 

1874robbo
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Barely any aye . What a mare you are having 

What a pile of shite you spout 

heartmussel
28 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

It's TV for me tonight. Not worth the risk of getting stuck or worse.

Just came to same decision, rain getting heavier and wind stronger 😭 

Graham Thomson

How can people be bothered giving the rest of us their team selection when nobody really cares 😞 neither has it been asked for 🤷

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What a pile of shite you spout 

You are off your rocker man 

gordon simpson
1 minute ago, Graham Thomson said:

How can people be bothered giving the rest of us their team selection when nobody really cares 😞 neither has it been asked for 🤷

your spot on ,but the budding football managers on kickback need to practice 

2 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I’s just a nerdy football fan thing . I have not done it but I revel in the whole thing . Being a football fan is nerdy as fick and I love the whole trappings !! 😄

Hearts007
2 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

it makes for a discussion ,its a forum after all