***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, bawheed said:

Sainsburys is fine had one ticket but told them they don’t have law on there side, nothing since.

They do have the law on their side if they choose to pursue it.

Been done to death on here before. Hope they leave you alone.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new West End
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd barely put my hood up in that 😀

Definitely hosing down now !!

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, The new West End said:

Definitely hosing down now !!

Yeah, it is heavier now.

Its a horrible day but if the game is called off there is no chance it will be due to a waterlogged pitch. 

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

If it was going to be called off because of forecasted weather or a lack of transport then you would hope it would have been announced by now. The clubs themselves would be pushing for this as they'd want to be training if the match isn't going ahead. I think we can assume for now that there are no plans to postpone the match.

Strong winds to start from 4pm. Doubt the forecasters have it wrong with their being a weather warning in place but may wait to see what materialises and call it off by 5pm.

On 21/01/2024 at 22:16, Thomaso said:

No Shankland and we will struggle against a decent Dundee side.

Let‘s hope he plays.

Any time I’ve seen highlights of Dundee recently just about everything positive they did flowed through Beck, who looks like a good footballer. Now that he has returned to his parent club, I think their form will slide. 

chubby1973

The problem is, we no longer have the old stand tree to use as a guage on the wind strength.

3 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

The problem is, we no longer have the old stand tree to use as a guage on the wind strength.

Got turned into benches for the nursery outdoor play bit - if we see those flying about we'll know for sure it's windy

Armageddon

I’m hearing the game is going to be called off tonight and we have agreed a 1-1 draw with Dundee to allow the game to pass and stop a fixture pile up.

Anyone hearing the same? 😬

Sooperstar
Just now, Armageddon said:

I’m hearing the game is going to be called off tonight and we have agreed a 1-1 draw with Dundee to allow the game to pass and stop a fixture pile up.

I heard we had accepted a 1-0 defeat. 

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

And we're giving them Shankland.

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Seems fair 🤔 

14 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I heard the SPFL are still waiting on the Dundee fax to confirm the deal.

AC Mallin_51
14 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Only fair to look after such an honest, decent club. The type who always respond to their emails on time 

10 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

And we're giving them Shankland.

I heard we are actually giving them the 2012 Scottish Cup and half our FoH donations for the next 10 years. 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, dontkillbill said:

I'd wondered about the tram - as long as there's space at Ingleston, and that the trams are running...

The trams rarely get called off but if they do they usually allow tickets to be used on the Lothian buses including the Airport route. The Day tickets are always valid on both. Space shouldn't be an issue at the parking there.

FerryJambo81
4 minutes ago, runnyg said:

Driving from Aberdeen - should I expect any Queensferry bridge closure or delay ?

Can't see it. I live in South Queensferry, blustery but not mental. New bridge meant to be able to cope...

Flowing now, can see from window 😂

Edited by FerryJambo81

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, runnyg said:

Driving from Aberdeen - should I expect any Queensferry bridge closure or delay ?

No.

We are pretty well sheltered from winds in the main......but this is where haveing corners filled in would make a huge difference. Excess rain spoild games - Excess wind totally ruins them.......50mph forecast for the second half - OOFF (it was bad enough playing on the pitch at the top of Drumbrae in 40mph winds - our goalie did well to get bye kicks out of his own box !!) 

30 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Strong winds to start from 4pm. Doubt the forecasters have it wrong with their being a weather warning in place but may wait to see what materialises and call it off by 5pm.

It's only a yellow warning.

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, runnyg said:

They keep it open to high sided vehicles for up to 70mph winds, so you should be fine in a car.

The Transport Scotland online map will keep you up to date but nothing is showing on there at the moment.

https://www.traffic.gov.scot/

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Pitch inspection soon ? 

Can't see a pitch inspection being needed.

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, runnyg said:

I'm sure if you tune into Radio Scotland they will keep you upto date.

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, twjambo said:

Just got on the 12.00 train from Kings Cross. All good so far! Due into Waverley 4.22pm. 

Travelling all the way from London for a Tuesday night match against Dundee. Love that. Hope the boys deliver a win for you.

Wee Mikey

Back on topic football-wise:-

Tonight's match is the only one, and see if we prevail? We'll be in a good place.

Tomorrow, it's  H1b5 v The Rangers and St Johnstone v Aberdeen.

By the end of play tonight, the table really should be looking even better  than it does right now.

👇

Screenshot_20240123_131715_Chrome.jpg

Jack Torrance
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Tonight's match is the only one, and see if we prevail? We'll be in a good place.

By the end of play tonight, the table really should be looking even better  than it does right now.

👇

:yas:

That's the spirit. 

And kudos for giving that mob from the west, the correct title. 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

👇

2 home wins for us in the next 4 days could open up quite a gap because the hobos got rangers tomorrow and St lie down play rangers at the weekend while we at home to the sheep but vital we do our job

29 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

The forecast changed from last night. Winds under 50mph by kick off now. 

IMG_2123.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

You'd be in breach of contract. It's a myth that it's not legal and they could pursue it in court if you don't pay the fine. In reality though, companies don't tend to do that. 

The driver of the car would be in breach of contract, no need to tell them who was the driver at the time. Not the case in England where the registered keeper will be liable but it's not law in Scotland..... yet.

24 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Pitch inspection soon ? 

The pitch will be perfect

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

IMG_2123.jpeg

Aye it was showing 55 last night.

No issues, game on. 

Home matches have been thoroughly depressing in the main. I see no different tonight but hopefully we can grab a win.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Unfortunately the stadium will have blown away 😕 

20 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Can't see a pitch inspection being needed.

Me neither. I reckon we have the best pitch in Scotland. Not to mention the world first environmental monitoring system that we've apparently had installed. 

"The stadium benefits from the highest levels of monitoring and data analysis available in the world, with live moisture levels positioned across the pitch to automatically collect data, including air temperature in the stadium and light levels for grass growth."

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

:yas:

That's the spirit. 

And kudos for giving that mob from the west, the correct title. 👍

Isn't it just fine & dandy that the result between St J and the 🐏 is all but irrelevant to us and that H1b5 are likely going to get a spanking?

Come this weekend's fixtures, there's every possibility that all results will go in our favour.

Should that transpire?

Screenshot_20240123_133913_Messenger.jpg

Wee Mikey
9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

2 home wins for us in the next 4 days could open up quite a gap because the hobos got rangers tomorrow and St lie down play rangers at the weekend while we at home to the sheep but vital we do our job

If we look after our own games then we're sorted.

That's usually the case, but I have a funny feeling that other results are going to go our way 

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

If you walked into the Bowling on the way back and played one game on the arcades could you technically be classed as a customer?

give it a try and let us know how you get on.... :)

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

We've not had any issues yet. 🤞 A few weeks back they just opened the gates on the way out anyway. If you time it right you can squeeze in a bite to eat beforehand within the 4 hours. I may be heading for some pizza first 😄

👍 enjoy the grub

Wee Mikey
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Oh, it will ... but ...

I bet (actually I never bet) that it'll be watered at ½ time. I've seen it so often ... even when it has been raining.

Clearly, there's something I don't know about hybrid pitches ... or maybe something 'tactical' as per slightly longer grass so as to stymie Brenda's Invincibles?

But, aye, the pitch will be looking $1M.

kingantti1874

Tynecastle pitch is mint.  Defo won’t be a pitch inspection.  

I’ll be giving this a miss tonight.  Don’t fancy the 60 mile round trip in these conditions 

Wee Mikey
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll be giving this a miss tonight.  Don’t fancy the 60 mile round trip in these conditions 

That's only 30 miles each way.

Get on yer 🚴‍♀️.

Hectormasson
58 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Only fair to look after such an honest, decent club. The type who always respond to their emails on time 

🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

90% possession though!

Horatio Caine
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I bet the sprinklers will be on at ht!

gorgierulesapply88

So many people want this off 🤣

It's wind and rain. None of this woke storm word usage.