***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

Tommy Brown
43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You're on one of your arrogant streaks again.

You are ignoring the gusts expected on 50mph

It will be way above average windy. torrential rain all day up to 5pm

Sunday night saw a car passenger killed, roofs blown off of buildings. This can be dangerous weather for people to go out in for a needless football match.

I am not fussed, just don't like some being demonised for daring to say it should maybe called off.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott Leitch

Considering the SFA/SPFL don't give a **** for Inverness and Aberdeen fans getting to Hampden for a 12pm kick off on a Saturday they won't care about some trains being off for tonight. 

Berrassobad
8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sunday night saw a car passenger killed, roofs blown off of buildings. This can be dangerous weather for people to go out in for a needless football match.

I am not fussed, just don't like some being demonised for daring to say it should maybe called off.

fairy nuff

The new West End
12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s only one train Dundee fans could catch on a normal Tuesday so there won’t be many travelling by train in any weather 

Fair enough

I was just trying to look at it from our point of view if it was the other way around.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Considering the SFA/SPFL don't give a **** for Inverness and Aberdeen fans getting to Hampden for a 12pm kick off on a Saturday they won't care about some trains being off for tonight. 

It, ultimately, will not be upto the SFA.  If the authorities decide it's not safe then they will call it off.

karipidis

The amount of games Dundee have had rearranged, they will probably want the game to go ahead more than us. However, it is a police call but cant see this not going ahead. 

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

The amount of games Dundee have had rearranged, they will probably want the game to go ahead more than us. However, it is a police call but cant see this not going ahead

Currently seeing light rain, 7C and fairly gentle breeze 4 miles from Tynecastle. Yes, I know what the forecasts say, but if the "authorities" decided to call off the game anytime soon I think we'd all have reason to say "wtf"

Short of a hurricane hitting Gorgie around 6 tonight I've got no doubt the game will go ahead

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

The constant wind is around 20-25 mph with occasional gusts of 50mph. 

If it’s postponed I hope it’s an early announcement 

Typical January weather then!

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, karipidis said:

The amount of games Dundee have had rearranged, they will probably want the game to go ahead more than us. However, it is a police call but cant see this not going ahead. 

Why is it a police call?

Surely the police would have called it off already based on the forecast ?

Are they going to wait until 1800/ 1900 , look out the window and then go " oh shit, it's really windy, what a surprise,  better call the football off"?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

I'd expect a decision to be made before midday. So, if nothing heard by 13:00 I doubt it'll be called off 

Yeah, it needs called of early if it is ro be called off.

Berrassobad
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sweety wife slaverin pish

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, it needs called of early if it is ro be called off.

If the game was going to be called off on the basis of a forecast then that would've happened already.

If the weather turns so bad between now and KO then that's a different issue.

Mind you, it could be perfectly playable at KO but end in abandonment.

Should that transpire then my money is on Hearts being 2 up at the time.

i cannae quite remember the minutiae of the Ibrox in the snow abandonment, bit am pretty sure that we were well on top.

Berrassobad
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

If the game was going to be called off on the basis of a forecast then that would've happened already.

If the weather turns so bad between now and KO then that's a different issue.

Mind you, it could be perfectly playable at KO but end in abandonment.

Should that transpire then my money is on Hearts being 2 up at the time.

i cannae quite remember the minutiae of the Ibrox in the snow abandonment, bit am pretty sure that we were well on top.

Bobby Madden jumped in there - jesus now I cannae get Les Motram oot ma nut

karipidis
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why is it a police call?

Surely the police would have called it off already based on the forecast ?

Are they going to wait until 1800/ 1900 , look out the window and then go " oh shit, it's really windy, what a surprise,  better call the football off"?

The clubs aren't going to call it off because the pitch will be fine. I am just stating that it will be a police call not a club call, but either way the game will go ahead. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Think Ozturk had hit the bar? To be honest that postponement worked just fine for us - when we came back the league was won and we had a party in the blazing sunshine regardless

Berrassobad
3 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

Some folk have nothing going on in there life that they can't miss a game ffs

true

Wee Mikey

Plenty of us will remember the Ross Co call off during our record points scoring Championship season 15 mins prior to KO.

All because of a wee wet strip down one side of the pitch.

Worst of all worlds. Travel done (bro all the way from the from south of England); having to travel back again from our furthest fixture; expense, time ... and nae football.

Decent pie from the local baker, though.

Carl Fredrickson

The Hearts website had support information on it earlier for tonights game. I cant see it now - maybe taken down until they confirm the game is on?

Ignore that - it is back up. 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Personally, delighted the wind will be blowing me home after the game, and I can save on petrol

:pleasing:

you travelling by boat? 😆

Orkney Hearts
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The facts about the weather are known. If they are going to postpone then no reason why it can’t be done this morning.

As for everyone travelling again to me it’s a personal choice, you know the risks down to individuals to decide , it’s not for authorities to make decisions for us.

It’s on PPV so if the risk is too great or the ability to get there and back not possible at least the game can still be viewed.

7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Plenty of us will remember the Ross Co call off during our record points scoring Championship season 15 mins prior to KO.

All because of a wee wet strip down one side of the pitch.

Worst of all worlds. Travel done (bro all the way from the from south of England); having to travel back again from our furthest fixture; expense, time ... and nae football.

Decent pie from the local baker, though.

Remembered wrong, as we didn’t play Ross County in the Championship. That was the season we were relegated due to admin iirc. 

AC Mallin_51

Giving it a miss tonight, me and my pal have about 60 miles there and back to do so deciding to leave it. Roads down here have been awful so will just watch the game on PPV, would’ve spent that on a couple kebab pies and a coffee antway! I missed the county game though so this will be the first time I’ve missed 2 in a row in god knows how long! 

15 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

Some folk have nothing going on in there life that they can't miss a game ffs

Well I'm not risking getting public transport back to Fife so it's a glass of red and the fire stick for me 😁

I hope it goes ahead for no other reason than I want to see if Shanks plays, his mystery illness still gives me the fear!

thehibsareintheirbeds
4 minutes ago, lou said:

Well I'm not risking getting public transport back to Fife so it's a glass of red and the fire stick for me 😁

In the same boat and leaning the same way, really don't want to miss it but risk of being stranded in the wind and rain makes it a tough one.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Orkney Hearts said:

The facts about the weather are known. If they are going to postpone then no reason why it can’t be done this morning.

As for everyone travelling again to me it’s a personal choice, you know the risks down to individuals to decide , it’s not for authorities to make decisions for us.

It’s on PPV so if the risk is too great or the ability to get there and back not possible at least the game can still be viewed.

Agreed.

They shouldn't be waiting until it goes tits up, they should base their decision on the forecast.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Sweety wife slaverin pish

That makes no sense.

The weather is shite in January. 

Spolier- Probably be shite in February as well.

Bazzas right boot

Can the Dundee fans not walk,  like their brothers from across the road?

Trains shouldn't effect the Dundee lot.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

you travelling by boat? 😆

Would be about 30 less miles if I did :lol:

PapaShango
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I hope it goes ahead for no other reason than I want to see if Shanks plays, his mystery illness still gives me the fear!

He was training yesterday and Naismith has already said he's back in the squad so he will play no doubt about it. 

Jim Panzee
14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

on the plus side it may help keep his weight down. Every cloud an all that.

Mind, he's been scoring lately so may be close to being emaciated.... if anyone's passing Krispy Kreme at Hermiston Gait on the way to Tynie tonight - bring extra for Shanks!

17 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

image.thumb.png.6bea7f3575c19180b61f8ed8eb1d4cfd.png

Seems to me it’s a case of, “if you can make it, great, if not the game is going ahead”….unless the decision is taken out of the club’s hands.  

Jim Panzee
8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Would be about 30 less miles if I did :lol:

😀

Walter Bishop

Weather was worse on Sunday for Celtic v Buckie. Would be shocked if it’s called off.

Skacelsid

Assess the weather at 4. The pitch will be ok. If it is safe and available to travel from within 60miles say, the stadium is safe with regards to strong wind damage and there is no risk to players and fans then yes. Personally not for me, I travel by car but choose not drive in the conditions forecast.

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

How’s the weather doon there?

Light rain and not very windy at the moment.

TorinoJambo
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not in Penicuik it ain't. Pishing down and blowy and that's before Jocelyn arrives. 

15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

on the plus side it may help keep his weight down. Every cloud an all that.

Mind, he's been scoring lately so may be close to being emaciated.... if anyone's passing Krispy Kreme at Hermiston Gait on the way to Tynie tonight - bring extra for Shanks!

No harm in a bacon roll for breakfast after a dose of the flu.  Prematch macaroni and cheese to replace the lost fat. 

Jim Panzee
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

No harm in a bacon roll for breakfast after a dose of the flu.  Prematch macaroni and cheese to replace the lost fat. 

gawd. don't suggest that, it'll trigger some folk :)

Jack Torrance
23 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Seems to me it’s a case of, “if you can make it, great, if not the game is going ahead”….unless the decision is taken out of the club’s hands.  

That's exactly it and what you would expect with a yellow warning which is effectively saying plan ahead as there may be some travel disruption. Its basically a "moderate" heads up to keep an eye on things and give yourself more time.

In fact the Met Office updated a few hours ago to say the situation had improved as they were now able to be more specific on where the wind would be and had updated with an Amber warning for the North and West.

It's unfortunate if you've no alternative to the train.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Percival King
18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agreed. If the game is currently going ahead despite the forecasted strength of winds and weather warnings then, should those forecasts prove to be correct then presumably there still wouldn't be a reason to postpone the game. But this is Scotland so it could be postponed at quarter past seven tonight.

The new West End
12 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Pretty heavy rain in Gorgie but not too windy

dontkillbill

As somebody who'd normally get the train through... Any thoughts on where to park near Tynecastle - coming in from the M9....

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Football is NOT needless. Its so much more than that.

A mental escape for many.