• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some folk on here get really excited at a bit of rain and wind.  The worst of it is well north of Edinburgh. The game will go ahead in my opinion

soonbe110
51 minutes ago, The new West End said:

If there are no trains home for the Dundee fans then it should be off

There’s only one train Dundee fans could catch on a normal Tuesday so there won’t be many travelling by train in any weather 

ColinSmith1255
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The days high for the wind is 50kph.

No rain after 2000.

If football gets cancelled in this country for that then we need to be thinking about scraping football for the winter or going indoors.

It's colder, wetter and windier in the winter.

Been like that all my life.

Try 51 mph not 50kph. A significant difference.

By The Light..

BBC - Did you know? Dundee are unbeaten in their past two meetings with Hearts and have not lost at Tynecastle since March 2021.

Time to turn that stat around

Hearts 3 Dundee 0

Due to head down from Aberdeen at 11am, staying the night as we are booked at the Euro Lounge. Hopefully if they going to call off the game they do it early before I leave. 

1 hour ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Try 51 mph not 50kph. A significant difference.

Summer football is the only way. 

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The days high for the wind is 50kph.

No rain after 2000.

If football gets cancelled in this country for that then we need to be thinking about scrapping football for the winter or going indoors.

No more "Fill the corners"

More "Build the Roof"

Only question, do we make permanent or retractable? Get your monies out Budge and Anderson.

Can't see the game being on.

Wind speed during game is 22-25 mph with occasional gusts up to 44mph. I don't think that will be enough to consider cancelling it but you never know 

Pete Elliott
4 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I’ll be there pumpin in my seat. 😯

:oohmatron:

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope, bbc says day high of 51kph.

It is a significant difference,  that is why I pointed it out!

We’re not playing them during the day😀

BBC weather app has Gorgie at 50mph at kick off time. As does the Met office app. 

Daveandal

The game will be on.

It does however fall into that awkward bracket of, perfectly ok to play but unfair on some supporters.

Niemi’s gloves
46 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

BBC weather app has Gorgie at 50mph at kick off time. As does the Met office app. 

I think what the BBC is showing is gusts of up to 50 mph or a bit more, consistent with average wind speeds of about 25 mph. Still pretty fierce.

(For some reason, the BBC symbols show average wind speeds when winds are low/moderate but switch to gust speeds when winds are higher, with the background to the number changing from a white arrow to a black arrow). 

Mikey1874

No football game is called off because some fans can't travel. Buses still running.

Dundee put out their match preview at 10pm.

1874robbo

Tbh when the winds like that in games it totally spoils it for the fans and players so I’d much rather play them in decent conditions where the weather isn’t a major factor in the result.

1971fozzy

I’ll not make it as trains are off , and I’m not fancying driving 100 odd miles midweek in it.

part of that’s obviously my choice,  but apart from that I’m not fussed watching a game in pissing rain and 50 mile an hour winds. My seat will be empty unfortunately. I’m not saying games should be called off for it but for a lot of older fans who have to travel it’s not ideal. 

Hope it doesn’t spoil the game and we come away with the 3 points though. It would be a great boost with a huge game on Saturday coming up.

Edited by 1971fozzy

hearts attack

Many fans travel from outside Edinburgh and with trains not running, weather conditions horrendous and danger to life, tonight's match should be called off. It is common sense and it would be irresponsible not to call it off.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Sigh

50kmh is the day high.

A day is 24 hours.

Its kph, not mph

30-40kph between 1800-2200

No idea why th3 screen shot defaults to that time but the max is 50kph later in the evening. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=edinburgh+weather&oq=edinburgh+weather&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyDwgAEEUYORiDARixAxiABDINCAEQABiDARixAxiABDINCAIQABiDARixAxiABDINCAMQABiDARixAxiABDIHCAQQABiABDINCAUQABiDARixAxiABDINCAYQABiDARixAxiABDINCAcQABiDARixAxiABDIHCAgQABiABDIHCAkQABiABDIHCAoQABiABDIHCAsQABiABDIHCAwQABiABDIHCA0QABiABDIHCA4QABiABNIBCDU0OTNqMGo5qAIAsAIA&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&chrome_dse_attribution=1

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

We_are_the_Hearts

Weather has to be worse in the West, doesn't look too bad, game on. If folk don't want to drive or get a bus then that's their choice

skacel103
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That means it's around 30mph high. Probably be 20mph during game. Windy but should be OK. Plus the stands might keep some of the wind out. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Our stadium handles wind better than others, will still make things tricky though.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, hearts attack said:

Many fans travel from outside Edinburgh and with trains not running, weather conditions horrendous and danger to life, tonight's match should be called off. It is common sense and it would be irresponsible not to call it off.

Nah you cannae call of events in Edinburgh because Aberdeen or Glasgow is ****ed.

Train services can't dictate events either,  these guys strike or take time off all the time, thankfully not all workers and services are so sensitive.  We'd be in a right pickle- teachers, fire, police, bus drivers, retail workers  nhs- it's windy the day -I cannae work!

There's no rain at ko and the wind is max 40kph.

It won't even be that wet or windy,  buses will run and folk will go to work. No reason atm for a cancellation.

Unless the "storm" becomes much, much worse then the game will go ahead.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

That means it's around 30mph high. Probably be 20mph during game. Windy but should be OK. Plus the stands might keep some of the wind out. 

Aye, Basically a bit windy.

Quite warm and nae rain!

Edinburgh is fine today.

soonbe110
53 minutes ago, hearts attack said:

No danger to life when it’s a yellow warning. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Tbh when the winds like that in games it totally spoils it for the fans and players so I’d much rather play them in decent conditions where the weather isn’t a major factor in the result.

It's Scotland,  in winter.

It cannae be a surprise to folk that the weather is sometimes a bit shite?

Both teams need to deal with the weather, I'm sure our lads have played in the wind before.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No danger to life when it’s a yellow warning. 

I think jkb needs a yellow warning on some of it's threads. :av-1001:

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Our stadium handles wind better than others, will still make things tricky though.

Aye, in all my life it's never been blown away.

It is quite protected if a bit swirly at times.

Imagine the Aberdeen away end the night.

Be like the end of days in that corner.

We_are_the_Hearts

The scaremongered soft ass social media generation. 

Has there ever been a game called off for wind? I genuinely cant remember one?

Bazzas right boot

Weather seems quite mild right now, if the Dundee team bus can get over the bridges before they shut then I reckon the game will go ahead

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Different forecast to the met office, bbc and other forecasts. 

They have the wind gusts at 50 mph during the game 

Would be more interesting if that's the case.

Gusts, is that general  constant wind or just now and then?

I'm ready to go, I think it's going ahead. 

Placid Casual
11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Too early in the morning for stupid sh!t like this.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Would be more interesting if that's the case.

Gusts, is that general  constant wind or just now and then?

I'm ready to go, I think it's going ahead. 

The constant wind is around 20-25 mph with occasional gusts of 50mph. 

If it’s postponed I hope it’s an early announcement 

Gorgierools

I'd expect a decision to be made before midday. So, if nothing heard by 13:00 I doubt it'll be called off 

Percival King
9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I can't remember us having one postponed but I'm sure it has happened. Not sure what the league's guidelines are on assessing whether wind should postpone a game, probably either really vague or non-existent. We seem have more wind events (??) now than we used to but Tynecastle is much more enclosed now. The days of Walter Kidd scoring a wind assisted goal from a corner at Tynecastle are probably gone, who knows what the wind speed was that day, we didn't have that sort of information back then.

TexasAndy

Looking at the forecast the game itself looks ok with gusts in the 40s.  The stronger stuff 50-60 starts about 10pm so people need to think about getting home etc.  If you live near Gorgie and you're jumping up and down calling everyone 'woke' then take a minute to spare a thought for others.  I'll be at the game but I'm changing my travel plans.  

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Too early in the morning for stupid sh!t like this.

Its not really, if it was just Michael Fish saying we were getting gusty winds no one would bat an eye lid. Now once you go on yer phone you can see everyone talking about it, they officially name it a Storm, everyone over reacts. 

Nelly Terraces

The game me not be called off due to the strong winds at the time, but it could be if the authorities (council & police) feel that damage to infrastructure, dangers of travel & stretched resources on their part from the ongoing storms which will have been going on for 2 days by time the game is due to start, means that it would, IN THEIR OPINION be advisable for it not to go ahead.

Absolutely nothing to do with people being 'snowflakes' on here really. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Personally, delighted the wind will be blowing me home after the game, and I can save on petrol

:pleasing:

PapaShango

I don't think it will be off but they should take the wind into account, ruins the game more than anything else. The game at Livi last season was a farce with the wind and that was nowhere near the wind speed expected tonight. The only difference is Tynecastle is a bit more sheltered. Think they need to take the fans and teams into account travelling though. The new bridge is supposed to be able to stay open with the wind shields fitted but is there the chance folk aren't getting back to Dundee at the end of the game? No idea how they are going to assess it and my gut feeling at the moment is the game will be on.