***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

A small thing… but it’s the first time we have scored 3 goals in a league game this season. 

Could have been more as well. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rocky jamboa
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

I didn’t think we were that bad either and really should have been ahead before they scored. Both of their goals were easily avoidable though so clearly we weren’t on it as we should have been. 

Yeah, poor defending on our part for both goals but to be fair, decent finishes from them. The second one especially was sloppy on our part. 

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I would take it every week! 

We have a horrible recent record against Dundee, lost to them a couple of seasons ago and drew with them as well. First half is probably as poor as I've seen us for a long time, especially our defending which we have relied on all season. We were all over the place, Halkett and Kent were both really poor first half, Kent improved but Halkett was dreadful all evening and lucky not to give away a penalty with that challenge at 2-2. The midfield was so static first half and has been pretty much all season. Tait was the difference, kept it simple and moved it forward then found space for himself, something none of our other midfielders done until he came on. From the little I have seen of him, he looks streets ahead of Denholm, although both are different. Looks like he has a wand of a left foot and gets stuck in to boot. This is what I want to see at Hearts, play our youth players and see if they can make the step up rather than sign dross from abroad or play another teams academy players. Well done to Naismith to have the guts to throw some of them in. 

Does Michael  Stewart ever apply that comment to the old firm? Knob

John Findlay

Here are the Sky Sports stats from last night. Make of them what you will 

Screenshot_20240124-131938~2.png

Screenshot_20240124-132012~2.png

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

We're not very good at hitting the target? 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Think they clearly show the correct team won. 

Tokyo Drifter

Few thoughts:

1/ How did Vargas miss?

2/ That McGhee goal shouldn't have stood - the Sportscene 'line' showed the Dundee player clearly offside.

3/ Oda scored a great goal. Well done, wee man.

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Just read through it. Glad I was at the game and not watching at home or I'd have been one of those people. 

Maybe not Naismith GTF but I won't repeat what I said when Vargas went off for Oda 😁

Me too!  And I dismissed Hoff's contributions in the first half!  Maybe if I had slagged off Shanks he might of scored!  Actually I thought it should have been retaken as their keeper was all over the line before and during the kick.

17 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Few thoughts:

1/ How did Vargas miss?

2/ That McGhee goal shouldn't have stood - the Sportscene 'line' showed the Dundee player clearly offside.

1/ he’s not quite there yet but a great prospect imo

2/ offside, be interesting to see if the sportscene pundits bother commenting on it. 
3/ Delighted for Oda. Confidence is everything for the guy, a few breaks off the ball and he could fly. Raw talent. 

33 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Few thoughts:

1/ How did Vargas miss?

More pertinent is , how did Kingsley miss ? 

10 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

There is something seriously wrong with this team, Is it Tactics, Training or Team selection? I really don't know, but as evidenced by the second half these players are well capable of playing fast attacking football. First half we played too many pointless passes and the defense has no clue about moving the ball forward quickly. Lack of movement up front doesn't help and not enough players getting into the box. Lucky to get away with the howlers from Halket and the boss has to have a serious word with him, and the keeper for asking him to play out from the back, something he is obviously not able to do well.

We have been lucky the last couple of games but credit to the players they keep going to the end ( this is how Celtic win games ).

This was ( in my view ) a must win game, we needed to increase the gap and make third ours, just don't mess it up like last season.

Great result and some nice goals ( shame Shanks missed the penalty, but it was a poor kick, too close to their keeper, though I am sure he moved before the kick ). Put the Sheep to the sword and we are strolling third.

Moved before the kick?  That's not been a thing for years mate. As long as he keeps a foot behind/on the line he can dance about the goals if he wants.

9 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Goalkeepers can move anytime, and as much as, they like now, as long as they don't come over the goal line before the ball is kicked.

Lawrence Shankland seems to have, temporary, lost his mojo at penalties, maybe in part down to him having so long to wait to get to take one this season. Some extra practice, and variation of placement, and he'll be fine. 

Wish I had kept reading the thread before my reply above this one. 👍

AlimOzturk

Kingsley should have scored first half. Had that gone in it would have been a decisive win imo. 

Doesn’t really matter though got the three points in the end. 

Ex member of the SaS
13 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Moved before the kick?  That's not been a thing for years mate. As long as he keeps a foot behind/on the line he can dance about the goals if he wants.

Yes I know , I meant moved off his line.

Delboyinoz

I hope that the disrespectful clowns that continually pick on new signings due to a stray pass here or a fluffed effort there listen to Naisy's post match last night .

If you can't be bothered looking it up, our manager appealed to all  fans to get behind his young squad, be a bit more forgiving and understand these lads deserve your support .

We are in safe hands. Get behind your football team and remember how good it is to be a supporter of this great club 

4marsbars
22 hours ago, GinRummy said:

1/ he’s not quite there yet but a great prospect imo

2/ offside, be interesting to see if the sportscene pundits bother commenting on it. 
3/ Delighted for Oda. Confidence is everything for the guy, a few breaks off the ball and he could fly. Raw talent. 

Certainly looked offside, but not picked up in any detail by the pundits. 

avhudtheteeshirt
13 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

His elbow was offside, but the line is drawn from the short sleeve?

If a defenders arm get hit there its not a penalty in the box?

But it only makes the lino's decision look correct in saying it was offside!!!

46 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

29 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

His elbow was offside, but the line is drawn from the short sleeve?

If a defenders arm get hit there its not a penalty in the box?

But it only makes the lino's decision look correct in saying it was offside!!!

His head was offside. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

His head was offside. 

Looked onside to me, tight but good call from VAR.

john thomas
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Someone's heel played him onside 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

12 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Someone's heel played him onside 

will look again.