***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

132goals1958

From a selfish point of view I hope its on as I can walk to the game. From a sensible and fair perspective if transport links prevent supporters travelling it should be called off.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s a yellow warning. If it’s upgraded to amber or red I’d imagine there’s a bigger risk of it being postponed. Sure we’ve played a game under yellow many a times before.

Sure the powers at be will be in dialog and will decide what they think is best.

hmfc4life1991
4 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I'd guess that a maximum of 15% of our fans will be using trains to get to the game so why would that be reason to call off the game?

The Dundee fans! Plus up north is meant yo be worse so even just the actual Dundee squad getting there and back 

John Findlay

My son's training for 7.30pm tomorrow night at Broughton high school has been called off due to the bad weather forecast.

Back to 2005
50 minutes ago, weaversknowe jambo said:

No trains running after 7pm tomorrow evening 

Yup. Thanks again ScotRail. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

I remember playing fitbaw at the Gyle in the 80s it was Hurricane Davie stuff every other fortnight there in August 90 mph wind's, it was great if you had it behind you and you could shoot from 50 yard's but had to keep the ball on the deck playing against it

Bye kick's often went out for corners, no wonder half my team smoked at half time, the referee's were never calling the game off until he was paid his £12 or whatever it was

Fitbaw player's nowadays don't even get their shorts and socks dirty, the game's gone soft 

Edited by Howdy Doody Jambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My son's training for 7.30pm tomorrow night at Broughton high school has been called off due to the bad weather forecast.

Sensible, safety gotta come 1st

GlasgoJambo
47 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

All trains cancelled after 7pm tomorrow night. Can honestly see this game being called off 

that’s me out 

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yup. Thanks again ScotRail. 

It's not a ScotRail decision. It's a network rail decision. They are responsible for the network as in the railtracks, electrical overhead wires, signalling and points etc etc. Due to the number of storms this winter and the high rainfall, there is more flooding than normal and the chance of landslips has increased immensely.

They will quite rightly imho put safety above everything else, especially after the derailment at Stonehaven a few years back, where Three people lost their lives.

The driver conductor and One passenger.

4 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

that’s me out 

Me too :sad: 

ToadKiller Dog

Had a feeling trains being off ,have looked as buses but will decide tomorrow if not cancelled before then.

Depends now if the police advise people not to travel unless necessary i guess . 

If there is doubt would rather they made a decision as soon as possible than wait until tomorrow afternoon as we know what's coming

Pans Jambo

Not looking great for a game of football with 50mph winds. 
Our postponed game V’s Dundee might get….postponed. 

IMG_0869.png

Boris5115
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not looking great for a game of football with 50mph winds. 
Our postponed game V’s Dundee might get….postponed. 

IMG_0869.png

Winds of 50 mph will make the game a farce. Knowing our officials the game will start and get abandoned. 

6 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Yep winterbreak then into bad weather.

It really does underline why the winter break is a waste of time

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

It's farcical. 

34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Not sure this is comparable to a Scottish Premiership match 😂

13 minutes ago, fmjambo said:

Not sure this is comparable to a Scottish Premiership match 😂

Depends who's playing 😆

2 hours ago, Syd said:

I’ve already decided I’m not travelling through from Forfar for the game. Will watch it in the house if the games still on.

I have a 60 mile each way drive from the borders so will most likely give it a miss too, after seeing tomorrow evening's weather forecast.

Bret the Hitman Hearts

Hope it's off. Can't be arsed at all. Tuesday night in January... Great fixture list we have here...

Bazzas right boot

The days high for the wind is 50kph.

No rain after 2000.

If football gets cancelled in this country for that then we need to be thinking about scraping football for the winter or going indoors.

It's colder, wetter and windier in the winter.

Been like that all my life.

Horatio Caine

I travel by train so am one of (apparent) 15%. Gutted but if the game does go ahead it'll be an absolute farce with the pissing rain and howling gale, so I would be raging to find my way there to watch what would turn out to be a lottery.

Why is it tomorrow anyway? The other matches are on Weds or is it that the Docksiders are at home then?

Edited by Horatio Caine

GorgieFifeLife
35 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Yep winterbreak then into bad weather.

Might encourage the players to keep the ball on the carpet and you never know, a game of football might break out. 

joondalupjambo

No trains after 7.00pm apparently so with that and the dangerous weather conditions has to be considered a risk, surely? Wait, safety and supporter transport issues versus making sure there is not a fixture backlog guess which way this will go.

Pasquale for King

I think they should probably call it off, maybe around lunchtime if theres no hope of improvement. Lots of our fans travel from far and wide too. 

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I travel by train so am one of (apparent) 15%. Gutted but if the game does go ahead it'll be an absolute farce with the pissing rain and howling gale, so I would be raging to find my way there to watch what would turn out to be a lottery.

Why is it tomorrow anyway? The other matches are on Weds or is it that the Docksiders are at home then?

Good question. Anyone know why?

Travelled down from highlands today and staying in b&b - going home wed. It better not get cancelled!!! 

5 minutes ago, TyphoonJambo said:

Probably to do with Hibs playing Rangers at Easter road on Wednesday. 4 sets of fans travelling in/out of Edinburgh at the same time will be a no-no for the Police.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

That’s because most of them want to go to tynie  😂😂😂😂

Pete Elliott
27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The days high for the wind is 50kph.

No rain after 2000.

If football gets cancelled in this country for that then we need to be thinking about scraping football for the winter or going indoors.

It's colder, wetter and windier in the winter.

Been like that all my life.

It’s a once in a decade storm. It’ll be off due to fan travel concerns. 

soonbe110
11 minutes ago, TyphoonJambo said:

Rangers at ER on Wednesday 

gordon simpson

we should play  summer in Scotland ,might even get a half decent tv deal .

The weather this time of year is brutal for fans especially us auld codgers  

Fort Vallance
39 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

3 of us usually travel by train. Even with railcards, £60 to watch a farce. On this occasion I'm not too unhappy trains are off. Hate missing a game though.

gordiegords

Pretty sure last year or maybe year before, near enough same circumstances, game went on. 

alanjambo

I'm loaded with the cold so selfishly if it's called off i'll be delighted. If the weather is rubbish, the game will probably be terrible too.

50mph winds forecast for around KO. 

For safety reasons, the game should probably be postponed.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

you'll be glad to know that there is no winter break next season

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

I remember playing fitbaw at the Gyle in the 80s it was Hurricane Davie stuff every other fortnight there in August 90 mph wind's, it was great if you had it behind you and you could shoot from 50 yard's but had to keep the ball on the deck playing against it

Bye kick's often went out for corners, no wonder half my team smoked at half time, the referee's were never calling the game off until he was paid his £12 or whatever it was

Fitbaw player's nowadays don't even get their shorts and socks dirty, the game's gone soft 

Did you score a Humphrey’s :whistling:

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Screenshot_20240122_193117_Google.jpg

ColinSmith1255
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

I have a 60 mile each way drive from the borders so will most likely give it a miss too, after seeing tomorrow evening's weather forecast.

I have a similar length drive from rural Perthshire. I will probably go but the drive home close to midnight in that weather is not something I look forward to.

rambothejambo
3 minutes ago, The new West End said:

If there are no trains home for the Dundee fans then it should be off

The SFA have allowed a few games recently at Hampdump when there were no trains for thousands of fans to get home, not sure if a few hundred would merit a cancellation ( I know there are plenty of Jambos, like myself, who would normally get the train to a game too)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The worst of the forecast is 100 miles north of Dundee. Don't see any way it will be called off. Perhaps some could offer lifts for those indisposed by trains