Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooperstar

If it was going to be called off because of forecasted weather or a lack of transport then you would hope it would have been announced by now. The clubs themselves would be pushing for this as they'd want to be training if the match isn't going ahead. I think we can assume for now that there are no plans to postpone the match.

Edited by Sooperstar

highlandjambo3
23 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Light rain and not very windy at the moment.

That’s not the answer I want……this is JKB, let’s jazz it up a bit.

IMG_5971.webp

Chuck Berry

Call it off now, give people plenty notice.  It's going to be pretty grim, and the fitba will suffer as well. 

Mikey1874

SPFL position is games should be played. As I've said they don't take account of whether fans can't go. 

Wee Mikey
52 minutes ago, Bender said:

Remembered wrong, as we didn’t play Ross County in the Championship. That was the season we were relegated due to admin iirc. 

My bad ... senility, etc. 😄

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/20823092

Either way ... "Get OAN wi' it", say I.

Mind you, a team like the H1b5 one during the Scottish 🏆 semi-final (or even the recent away derby) would likely use it as an excuse to slide in knee-high.

Once-upon-a-time:-

Screenshot_20240123_111130_Gallery.jpg

Scott Leitch
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Call it off now, give people plenty notice.  It's going to be pretty grim, and the fitba will suffer as well. 

Let's be honest the football will be shite regardless the weather. 

We want this on,huge chance to extend our lead in third and move onto Saturday against the sheep. 

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

SPFL position is games should be played. As I've said they don't take account of whether fans can't go. 

Well yes they actually do.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
10 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

As somebody who'd normally get the train through... Any thoughts on where to park near Tynecastle - coming in from the M9....

When I drive, I usually park up on one of the side streets past the top of Shandon Place, up near the canal. Failing that, there's usually places by Myreside.  Bit of a walk down to the game though and, in this weather, not a great idea.  Maybe park and ride and get a tram or bus from there?

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Going to be a rotten game of football 😂

Business as usual ... Lol ...

Jack Torrance
19 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

As somebody who'd normally get the train through... Any thoughts on where to park near Tynecastle - coming in from the M9....

Ingliston Park and Ride then get the tram to Murrayfield. 

Or drive in to Fountain Park. Park there and walk down. Validate your parking ticket at one of the places before you get back to your car on the way out.

The new West End
17 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd barely put my hood up in that 😀

I had just done my hair

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Far too sensible for the SPFL.

They'll postpone the match at 7pm in the most inconvenient fashion.

ColinSmith1255
Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, 1874Jambo said:

Some folk have nothing going on in there life that they can't miss a game ffs

Well, I've only missed one match this season and defo not dipping out due to a wee bit o' 'weather'.

I'd wager that there's plenty going on in most Hearts fans' lives other than football.

For sure, I'll be there ... so ... a musical time-out ...

.... at risk of another post deletion (😎):-

dontkillbill
9 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Or drive in to Fountain Park. Park there and walk down. Validate your parking ticket at one of the places before you get back to your car on the way out.

I'd wondered about the tram - as long as there's space at Ingleston, and that the trams are running...

Der Kaiser

It would be a nice gesture if Hearts agreed to put up all travelling fans in the hotel overnight.......probably just need the 3 rooms I imagine

Jim Panzee
15 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Need to be canny about this. last few matches I've spotted (certainly in the cinema) employees loitering around the ticket validation ticket machines as if on the look out for obvious fans coming back from Tynie...

Wee Mikey
6 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

I'd wondered about the tram - as long as there's space at Ingleston, and that the trams are running...

The trams are pretty sound. Exit via the Wheatfield, nip around to the Murrayfield tram stance via Sainsburey's Westfield Road and ye'll be sorted. 👍

12 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

Trams are running 

Der Kaiser
5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Need to be canny about this. last few matches I've spotted (certainly in the cinema) employees loitering around the ticket validation ticket machines as if on the look out for obvious fans coming back from Tynie...

If you walked into the Bowling on the way back and played one game on the arcades could you technically be classed as a customer?

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

How what?

You suggested the SPFL care whether people can't travel to games due to weather. They don't. Just whether the ground is safe for game to go ahead.

Or go on the YourParkingSpace app and park at Sainsbury’s for a fiver. Or in Murieston La for £22!😱

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

You suggested the SPFL care whether people can't travel to games due to weather. They don't. Just whether the ground is safe for game to go ahead.

Well no, games have been called off previously due to adverse weather affecting travel, snow on approaches to stadiums etc. Maybe not Tynecastle too much, but elsewhere.  Look at the recent Rangers v Ross County match if you want an example.

47 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

I drive down from dunblane and usually park at balgreen shops, it's a quick walk through past the bowling green and through Sainsbury's and also handy for missing the traffic. walk isn't that much more than the tram stop

I’ve been out and about in Gorgie since 8am, it’s raining, wind is hardly noticeable 

Since 1987 when they got the storm warnings dramatically wrong the weather people have always exaggerated how bad the weather forecast is, they always er on the side of caution, every single time.

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I’ve been out and about in Gorgie since 8am, it’s raining, wind is hardly noticeable 

Since 1987 when they got the storm warnings dramatically wrong the weather people have always exaggerated how bad the weather forecast is, they always er on the side of caution, every single time.

As the saying goes, better safe than sorry.

Heartsofgold
Just now, twjambo said:

Just got on the 12.00 train from Kings Cross. All good so far! Due into Waverley 4.22pm. 

Jesus you're brave!!

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Storm isn’t here yet 

Mikey1874
14 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Well no, games have been called off previously due to adverse weather affecting travel, snow on approaches to stadiums etc. Maybe not Tynecastle too much, but elsewhere.  Look at the recent Rangers v Ross County match if you want an example.

Only because the team couldn't get to ground. Nothing to do with the fans. 

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, twjambo said:

Just got on the 12.00 train from Kings Cross. All good so far! Due into Waverley 4.22pm. 

PHM .... ❤️❤️❤️

GorgieFifeLife

We might get some rain and a stiff breeze during the game tonight.  If the pitch is playable then the game is on. 

Jack Torrance
35 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

We've not had any issues yet. 🤞 A few weeks back they just opened the gates on the way out anyway. If you time it right you can squeeze in a bite to eat beforehand within the 4 hours. I may be heading for some pizza first 😄

Edited by Jack Torrance

Wee Mikey

We likely need to witness whether or not those barriers built up around the floodlights have any effect on wind at Tynie.

I well remember sitting in section G and seeing the corner flag at the corner of the Roseburn fly one way, whilst the corner flag between Wheatfield & Roseburn flew the other way.

Meanwhile, the rain was swirling and any ball above 10 feet could've gone anywhere.

Tonight?

Keep the ba' doon ... on the deck ... and beat Dundee at foorball.

shlabalaba
24 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Or go on the YourParkingSpace app and park at Sainsbury’s for a fiver. Or in Murieston La for £22!😱

or just park in Sainsburys and bin the parking ticket when you recieve it  -   just don't park in disabled spaces - apparently thats bad :)

Chuck Berry
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Only because the team couldn't get to ground. Nothing to do with the fans. 

You said it was just down to whether the ground was safe for the game to go ahead, clearly not the case.

Sooperstar
51 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Far too sensible for the SPFL.

They'll postpone the match at 7pm in the most inconvenient fashion.

Telegram to all participants and attendees? Announcement by Town Crier? Send out the ravens? 

Diadora Van Basten

Would expect game to be on. I don’t particularly fancy going out in a storm to watch football bull will do anyway.

john thomas
3 minutes ago, shlabalaba said:

or just park in Sainsburys and bin the parking ticket when you recieve it  -   just don't park in disabled spaces - apparently thats bad :)

Is that still the case ?

Re parking tickets not the disabled space 

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 minutes ago, twjambo said:

That's dedication buddy , safe travels 

frankblack
22 minutes ago, twjambo said:

I once went down to London for a gig with an overnight stay.  Got down, checked into hotel and checked my phone to find singer had laryngitis and gig was off.  An expensive trip for a night in a boozer.

1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

When I drive, I usually park up on one of the side streets past the top of Shandon Place, up near the canal. Failing that, there's usually places by Myreside.  Bit of a walk down to the game though and, in this weather, not a great idea.  Maybe park and ride and get a tram or bus from there?

Sainsburys is fine had one ticket but told them they don’t have law on there side, nothing since.

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Is that still the case ?

Re parking tickets not the disabled space 

You'd be in breach of contract. It's a myth that it's not legal and they could pursue it in court if you don't pay the fine. In reality though, companies don't tend to do that. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

This is from the Met Office for Murrayfield who I trust more than the BBC.

IMG_7362.png

Thanks for that, going to feel colder than the actual temperature too..

PapaShango

Stirling v Montrose just been cancelled because of the wind. Maybe due to the travel of the Montrose team.