• Tazio

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs
33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I disagree. One team poor at finishing.

The other were good at finishing.

The Luiz Diaz goal at the end showed the big difference between the two teams.

One touch, bang, goal.

Arsenal, touch after touch after touch.

When you think of the top premier league teams over the years, neither of those 11s there comes anywhere remotely close. Poor is a relative term. Relative to their level, that was 100%  2 poor teams tonight.

It’s one of those seasons a bit like Leicester title in 2016, where all the big boys were a bit poor, just a bit off their standard, it so maybe a surprise could happen in one of these competitions 

Doctor FinnBarr

Can't be bothered with English football now (FA cup especially), all overpaid prima donnas or weakend teams being played.

Looking forward to the Canarian derby in the Copa del Rey at 9 tonight, CDT v Las Palmas. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Can't be bothered with English football now (FA cup especially), all overpaid prima donnas or weakend teams being played.

Looking forward to the Canarian derby in the Copa del Rey at 9 tonight, CDT v Las Palmas. 

For anyone interested 10 man Tenerife pumped La Liga  Las Palmas 2-0 and the under 18 team that Suso coaches went through to the next round of U18 Copa del Rey.

14 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

For anyone interested 10 man Tenerife pumped La Liga  Las Palmas 2-0 and the under 18 team that Suso coaches went through to the next round of U18 Copa del Rey.

Were Las Palmas unlucky to lose or were they dreadful.   Should they have got a draw. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Were Las Palmas unlucky to lose or were they dreadful.   Should they have got a draw. 

They were lucky not to be 4 or 5 down at HT, only came into the game when CDT went down to 10 but even then they could have lost more.

Nookie Bear
13 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I disagree. One team poor at finishing.

The other were good at finishing.

The Luiz Diaz goal at the end showed the big difference between the two teams.

One touch, bang, goal.

Arsenal, touch after touch after touch.

Did Allison even have a save to make?

joondalupjambo

Humphreys to score first tonight 16/1!!  Against a hot and cold Man It's defence got to worth a couple of quid just for the interest value. Oh and 11/2 anytime for the consolation goal.

Edited by joondalupjambo

TexasAndy

Watched Arsenal v Liverpool yesterday.  Score could and should have been about 7-3 to Arsenal.

John Findlay
47 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did Allison even have a save to make?

He had one from Ben White in the first half.

Nookie Bear
25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He had one from Ben White in the first half.

Ah of course.

Tbh the main excitement of the match was the inevitability of Liverpool defending for 70 minutes and then scoring. You could sense it from about the 20th minute onwards.

Seaside Dave
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ah of course.

Tbh the main excitement of the match was the inevitability of Liverpool defending for 70 minutes and then scoring. You could sense it from about the 20th minute onwards.

I got that feeling from the 10th minute we wouldn't score and Liverpool will. Shearer was praying for it all game too. 

milky_26

I felt arteta subbed the wrong player when martinelli came on. Nelson was more effective than Saka, I would also have moved Havertz to midfield and changed Jorghino for Nkeitah, at least have a CF on the pitch who will be in the box trying to take the chances created.

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Watched Arsenal v Liverpool yesterday.  Score could and should have been about 7-3 to Arsenal.

When Arsenal barely threatened the goal? When Declan Rice slowed every Arsenal move making defending pretty comfortable. Liverpool did seem to set out to defend but that doesn't mean Arsenal deserved anything. I don't think you can list 7 clear chances created.

TexasAndy
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

When Arsenal barely threatened the goal? When Declan Rice slowed every Arsenal move making defending pretty comfortable. Liverpool did seem to set out to defend but that doesn't mean Arsenal deserved anything. I don't think you can list 7 clear chances created.

Seriously?  I watched a game where Arsenal missed a LOT of chances especially first half.  Half Time analysis emphasised that.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Seriously?  I watched a game where Arsenal missed a LOT of chances especially first half.  Half Time analysis emphasised that.

They seemed to have the ball in the box in good positions an awful lot but Allison had one save to make and they had one off the bar in that first half.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

The signing of Havertz was bizarre, really didn’t strengthen them and helped Chelsea out too. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The signing of Havertz was bizarre, really didn’t strengthen them and helped Chelsea out too. 

My mate who stays in London and follows Arsenal goes ballistic when his name is mentioned.

A complete waste of money.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

My mate who stays in London and follows Arsenal goes ballistic when his name is mentioned.

A complete waste of money.

I don’t blame him , he gets on my nerves and I’m not a gooner.
I don’t think Liverpool or Man City make expensive mistakes like that, the odd one or two doesnt live up to expectations or take a while to fit in 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s one of those “probably looks good on wyscout” type players. Chelsea and Arsenal known to do a shedload of big data analytics on players. Mason mount the same type. In reality they are just imposters who make careers out of taking up positions for their heatmap and padding out their passing stats, without actually influencing the winning of games because they refuse to take a risk. its actually a smart way to make a career for yourself in the modern day. The “looks good on wyscout” type profile 

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s one of those “probably looks good on wyscout” type players. Chelsea and Arsenal known to do a shedload of big data analytics on players. Mason mount the same type. In reality they are just imposters who make careers out of taking up positions for their heatmap and padding out their passing stats, without actually influencing the winning of games because they refuse to take a risk. its actually a smart way to make a career for yourself in the modern day. The “looks good on wyscout” type profile 

Definitely.

I’m surprised Arteta signed off on it though, but every manager believes they can get a tune out of a player. 

Wearsider
On 04/01/2024 at 21:50, Homme said:

They did. Sunderland stadium bar turned black and white with Cheer up Peter Reid signage put up etc.

The cheer up peter Reid sign has always been up. Its a sunderland song that was recorded and even ended up in the charts in the 90s 

RustyRightPeg

Looking forward to watching Wigan tonight weirdly...torn though, as I want Maloney to get skudded, but I also hate Man Utd.

More watching to see some old faces, and some familiar ones. Jason Kerr, Sean Clare & Steven Humphrys. Jordan Jones also there too. One I'm most looking forward to getting a glimpse of though is Liam Morrison, young Scot on loan from Bayern Munich. Hope he's as good as the reports are saying.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t blame him , he gets on my nerves and I’m not a gooner.
I don’t think Liverpool or Man City make expensive mistakes like that, the odd one or two doesnt live up to expectations or take a while to fit in 

You're spot on.

cookieboy
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

are Carragher and McManaman sons of who I think ? 

milky_26
1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

are Carragher and McManaman sons of who I think ? 

carragher yes, mcmanaman no just a distant relative (he is 32)

Fxxx the SPFL

Hopefully we get a wee mention might show Humps fifty yarder

RustyRightPeg

Maloney saying Humphrys had a “really really bad loan last year” 😂😂😂

Did that wee short arse just say that Humphrys is back from a bad loan?

Jack Torrance
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Just heard that. Had to check. What a disrespectful wee *****. 

GavK1012

Maloney described Humphrys as having a REALLY BAD loan last year but back as a new player....

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Ver near a fit thru the telly moment.

Is that Sean Clare in the Wigan team, too.

I would wish both him and Humps well tonight but Maloney can go p155 up a rope.

Edited by martoon

McNelly15
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was just about to mention this too 😂😂 little hobbit that he is.

Back to 2005

He was talking about Jordan Jones as well. Clearly he is taking his sacking from Hibs well…

Luckies1874
On 06/01/2024 at 17:35, Wee Mikey said:

Well spotted. That could make it very interesting for us as neutrals - the hope of Man U getting a bloody nose notwithstanding.

Both of them start! 

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

4.15 against I believe Maloney's Hibs

RustyRightPeg

Liam Morrison for Wigan, one to keep an eye on. On loan from Bayern Munich, Scottish lad signed from Celtic a couple of years back. 

cookieboy
40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

carragher yes, mcmanaman no just a distant relative (he is 32)

cheers

maroonsgotop
12 minutes ago, briever said:

Jesus, this draw is painful.

switched it off before it started when I saw the woke brigade had taken it over

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

switched it off before it started when I saw the woke brigade had taken it over

Spurs v Man City

Chelsea v Aston Villa 

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

4.15 against I believe Maloney's Hibs

That was Lee Johnson in charge of his first 3-0 humping of the two he received in a week. The other being the 3-0 we humped them at ER in the cup.

Maloney received a 3-1 doing at Tynecastle in the league, then a week later a 2-1 doing in the Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden.

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Was that wee boy in the Wigan end vaping there 😆

That's what I thought.

He looked about 10.

Hopefully it was just a sherbet dibdab.