FA Cup

DesertDawg

hmfcbilly
23 hours ago, cheetah said:

Its still a proper derby, the Mackems are livid.

Unforgivable what they did to the bar, all about money for the owners, letting 6000 mags attend in the first place was mental.

Got me ticket for the home end and looking forward to an eventful day out.

I could be wrong but would newcastle not be entitled to 6000 tickets due to minimum allowances for away fans in FA cup based on stadium capacity?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Tazio

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fell foul of the away bar at Sunderland once.  On the way in to the ground, a copper asked how many pints I’d had and told me not to have any more. 44 minutes later, I headed for a pre-HT beat the crowds pee.  On my way back to my seat, the shutters rolled up, basically calling “buy me.”

Stood there with my pint and felt a tap on the shoulder.  Same copper - “what did I say?”

Me - “Sorry, oshifer” or some such nonsense.  I think I was lucky to get let off.

Mikey1874

Just for those who don't follow, Jack Clarke of Sunderland is a very exciting player. Ex Leeds and Tottenham (loans). Can rip a defence. And they also have Jude Bellingham's younger brother Jobe.

Gundermann

I find Sunderland a fairy ridiculous team - those antics with the away bar ffs... - that said, I mind when they played Hibs in a friendly a few years ago and Hibs were crowing about their "11th Man" supporters group. Sunderland weren't impressed and said something along the likes of "There were barely 11 people there". 😄

Would like them to get one over on the evil House of Saud's Newcastle Utd though.

Wanted Sunderland to win until I remembered that joker Beale took over a few weeks ago. 

Can't both teams lose? :lol:

Newcastle doing a twirly - really is a thing of beauty when jambos do it, including the ‘na na na nanana na’

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just for those who don't follow, Jack Clarke of Sunderland is a very exciting player. Ex Leeds and Tottenham (loans). Can rip a defence. And they also have Jude Bellingham's younger brother Jobe.

He, Clarke, was actually a Leeds player and signed by Spurs before being loaned straight back to Leeds, and a few other clubs eventually moving to Sunderland on permanent contract. A bit of an odd one as Spurs put a lot of time and money into signing him and had high hopes. 

Glad I’m not watching Newcastle v Sunderland in B & W.

It’s hard enough to tell them apart in colour!

neilnunb
1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Haha yep, thank feck for one wearing dark shorts.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Thought it was just me :wacko:

Great finish. 🤪

Edited by martoon

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

As a game it’s utter garbage. 

This. As was last nights game. Really is over hyped down there.

32 minutes ago, FWJ said:

30 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Haha yep, thank feck for one wearing dark shorts.

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Thought it was just me :wacko:

Me too.  

ColinSmith1255
13 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Did I hear Ally McCoist describe this as a derby earlier.

It is a Derby. A bit like Edinburgh and Lochend.

IMG_7254.jpeg

14 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Did I hear Ally McCoist describe this as a derby earlier.

I suppose it is.  Gateshead don’t really cut the mustard.

Go for it 1308

I remember getting all excited in the late 70's early 80's as a kid and awaiting the score when Hearts played pre season friendly's against whitley Bay 😬🙄😂

Further proof that you don’t try this playing out from the back pish if you don’t have top class defenders who are comfortable on the ball. 

heartgarfunkel

Has Coisty got his false teesh out? Quite enjoyed that first half without VAR pauses and the combative nature of the game.

milky_26
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

How much is that Sunderland defender on, I wonder?

££££££££s

looks like £3k per week

highlandjambo3

Seems an unlikely type of shirt selection to be allowed…..both teams stripped tops 🤷‍♂️

Wee Mikey
Just now, milky_26 said:

looks like £3k per week

A midfielder, my bad. Seemingly got him for no up-front cost. £3K seems low but, then again ... 🙃

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

He, Clarke, was actually a Leeds player and signed by Spurs before being loaned straight back to Leeds, and a few other clubs eventually moving to Sunderland on permanent contract. A bit of an odd one as Spurs put a lot of time and money into signing him and had high hopes. 

Usually their main man but anonymous today. 

I’d like to see Sunderland get a goal and go full attack cavalry charge mode for the last few minutes. 

Sunderland have been bad enough that there will be some authorities looking into the possibility of match fixing :lol:

Absolutely garbage. Every single time they have been in possession they have looked clueless. A "derby". Their fans will be absolutely raging and rightly so.

Mikey1874
Just now, 151 said:

Sunderland have been bad enough that there will be some authorities looking into the possibility of match fixing :lol:

Absolutely garbage. Every single time they have been in possession they have looked clueless. A "derby". Their fans will be absolutely raging and rightly so.

The Championship is pretty rubbish. You can see it in that the EPL relegated sides plus promoted Ipswich are  dominating the league. 

Fort Vallance

Watching the Newcastle fans doing a bit of a twirly. Couldn't help noticing a lot of the scarves have got the sponsor name on them. Apart from the fact they're obviously new scarves and not traditional/ handed down, it's taking branding too far. Even Geordies can be bought.

36 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Watching the Newcastle fans doing a bit of a twirly. Couldn't help noticing a lot of the scarves have got the sponsor name on them. Apart from the fact they're obviously new scarves and not traditional/ handed down, it's taking branding too far. Even Geordies can be bought.

What does this bit mean?

Are they different from the rest of us?

59 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

They handed out free scarves to the fans as they were waiting to be bussed to the stadium

Luckies1874

Noticed that Sean Clare has been starting every week for Maloney's Wigan side who face Man Utd in the Monday night game. So there is a good chance him and Humphrys will feature. 

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Noticed that Sean Clare has been starting every week for Maloney's Wigan side who face Man Utd in the Monday night game. So there is a good chance him and Humphrys will feature. 

Well spotted. That could make it very interesting for us as neutrals - the hope of Man U getting a bloody nose notwithstanding.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

They handed out free scarves to the fans as they were waiting to be bussed to the stadium

We are all easily bought when it is free. 😄

Whitley Jambo
2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Handed out free to everyone getting on the official buses to Sunderland, paid for by Sunderland. 

I'm watching Middlesbrough v Aston Villa.

The passing out from the back and through the midfield by 'Boro is very good. So composed, effective, clever.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

I'm watching Middlesbrough v Aston Villa.

The passing out from the back and through the midfield by 'Boro is very good. So composed, effective, clever.

The lad Hackney is Scottish too. Has to be on Clarke’s radar. 

6 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Newcastle doing a twirly - really is a thing of beauty when jambos do it, including the ‘na na na nanana na’

They weren't very good at the twirly 😂