FA Cup

DesertDawg

IronJambo

The best team won over the two games. They should've won in the first match . Moyes has been getting bailed out by the same 3 players all season and they're missing just now. 

I can't say it enough, this teams been getting results in spite of Moyes. I said before the Brighton game that the next 6 weeks or so would be very telling and they haven't won since.

Paqueta injured, Bowen injured, and Kudus at AFCON. The squad should be good enough to pull through but Moyes doesn't know how to use a squad. When he can't use his chosen first 11 the drafted replacements are off pace because he doesn't utilise them enough otherwise. Again, he has one tactic and it really doesn't work without at least having Paqueta in the team.

He still doesn't have a real centre forward after several windows. This is his own fault. Ings was a poor panic buy last January. Not a terrible player but not suited to Moyes' single tactic.

Sheffield Utd away on Sunday and I'll be surprised if they take anything home. I'd go as far to say I think they might manage to pick up one point in their next 4 matches.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Tazio

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

West Ham just cost me £130, so can go and **** off forever :lol:

In fact, seeing as all I needed was a second half goal, Bristol City can join them as well. 

Useless, the pair of them. 

The new West End
8 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

The best team won over the two games. They should've won in the first match . Moyes has been getting bailed out by the same 3 players all season and they're missing just now. 

I can't say it enough, this teams been getting results in spite of Moyes. I said before the Brighton game that the next 6 weeks or so would be very telling and they haven't won since.

Paqueta injured, Bowen injured, and Kudus at AFCON. The squad should be good enough to pull through but Moyes doesn't know how to use a squad. When he can't use his chosen first 11 the drafted replacements are off pace because he doesn't utilise them enough otherwise. Again, he has one tactic and it really doesn't work without at least having Paqueta in the team.

He still doesn't have a real centre forward after several windows. This is his own fault. Ings was a poor panic buy last January. Not a terrible player but not suited to Moyes' single tactic.

Sheffield Utd away on Sunday and I'll be surprised if they take anything home. I'd go as far to say I think they might manage to pick up one point in their next 4 matches.

Jose?

Jamhammer

But he won a European Trophy

But they’re 6th in the league 

West Ham fans should be happy with 2 shots on target away at high flying Bristol City

1-0 down

Down to 10 men

How can we get back into it?

Substitute the right back

Genius

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

May well get rid of him soon. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

City worked hard very intense.

Like to see us go at it like that.

We were promised high intensity football but haven’t seen it this season. 

IronJambo
5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

City worked hard very intense.

Like to see us go at it like that.

They were the same, and the better side in the 1-1 draw in London.

You would think that David Moyes would have expected them to be like that but it seems he didn't.

Class of 75

Just on train back to Pompey after watching the Eastleigh Vs Newport replay. Both teams lacked quality but Newport just shaded with better finishing. When McCallum scored I was going to start singing the Hearts song, but thought I better not. 

Edited by Class of 75

IronJambo
17 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Just on train back to Pompey after watching the Eastleigh Vs Newport replay. Both teams lacked quality but Newport just shaded with better finishing. When McCallum scored I was going to start singing the Hearts song, but thought I better not. 

You watch Eastleigh regularly? I've seen them at Maidenhead a few times

Class of 75
59 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

You watch Eastleigh regularly? I've seen them at Maidenhead a few times

Hello mate, this was my first time. Down here on a course and thought it would be good to go and see them. Good fan base

10 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Moyes is a fantastic coach. i hope he stays for years to come. 

John Findlay
11 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Hello mate, this was my first time. Down here on a course and thought it would be good to go and see them. Good fan base

Boo hiss, part-time Scummer😉

Wearsider
On 06/01/2024 at 12:19, Gundermann said:

I find Sunderland a fairy ridiculous team - those antics with the away bar ffs... - that said, I mind when they played Hibs in a friendly a few years ago and Hibs were crowing about their "11th Man" supporters group. Sunderland weren't impressed and said something along the likes of "There were barely 11 people there". 😄

Would like them to get one over on the evil House of Saud's Newcastle Utd though.

Been to ER twice with Sunderland and it was carnage both times. 2003 & 2011. That 2011 especially with Hibs attacking absolutely anyone Sunderland (shirters were getting it all down Easter Road) 

The Treasurer

All these experts who question why West Ham fans want rid of Moyes, should watch last nights game. 

Unmotivated players and players nowhere near good enough with no clue how to turn things around when up against it. 

As has been said, Moyes has been bailed out by three players who all happen to be missing at the same time 

dannymack

On the subject of Sunderland, my very first game without parental guidance was the pre season friendly defeat back in 1981, vague memories of the atrocious season before (only months previously) and a very topsy-turvy season that followed with a stay in the First Division on the cards due to the consequences of the bad running of the club, Sir Alex 😌 finally got us going. 

Edited by dannymack

Class of 75
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Boo hiss, part-time Scummer😉

😂😂Cheers John. Course was at Whale Island, still the same 

John Findlay
41 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

😂😂Cheers John. Course was at Whale Island, still the same 

Hope you doubled over the parade ground😂. Last time I was there was 1986!!!

IronJambo
23 hours ago, The new West End said:

Jose?

Apart from him being a pantomime I doubt he would even be interested.

Mikey1874

Moyes praised by Steven Naismith tonight when someone asked who has influenced him as manager. Praised his attention to detail.

No one mentioned he's hated on JKB. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Moyes praised by Steven Naismith tonight when someone asked who has influenced him as manager. Praised his attention to detail.

I wouldn't say Naismith is hated.

:av-1001:

On 16/01/2024 at 22:37, Class of 75 said:

Paul McCallum SCORED? What a time to be alive 

Maiden Gorgie
10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Paul McCallum SCORED? What a time to be alive 

🤣

Class of 75
12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Hope you doubled over the parade ground😂. Last time I was there was 1986!!!

Kept well aware from there. Did my Reggie training here and remember what it was like if you got caught bimbling across the parade ground.

Percival King
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Is he hated? Why would anyone on here hate him? Because he's not had the decency to resign for only getting Hearts into 3rd place?

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Is he hated? Why would anyone on here hate him? Because he's not had the decency to resign for only getting Hearts into 3rd place?

Talking about Moyes being hated.

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Kept well aware from there. Did my Reggie training here and remember what it was like if you got caught bimbling across the parade ground.

You will know a very good mate of mine.

Alex(Paddy) Sharpe. He has not long retired as THE Fleet Joss.

He was a baby RO(T) on the Fife way back in 1984.

Class of 75
20 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You will know a very good mate of mine.

Alex(Paddy) Sharpe. He has not long retired as THE Fleet Joss.

He was a baby RO(T) on the Fife way back in 1984.

Hi John, yes I know Paddy Sharpe. Great bloke, also met him a few times at the China Fleet Club.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Hi John, yes I know Paddy Sharpe. Great bloke, also met him a few times at the China Fleet Club.

👍He is doing the next Fife reunion with us.

As you say a great bloke.

The fitness levels of these top teams is astounding. Full pace all the way through, and for added entertainment Richarlison seems quite keen on the idea of banjoing someone. 

hmfcbilly
13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The fitness levels of these top teams is astounding. Full pace all the way through, and for added entertainment Richarlison seems quite keen on the idea of banjoing someone. 

5 shots on goal whole game at 72mins. Fitness levels may be astounding but christ, like watching chess being played on a football pitch

Fxxx the SPFL

Hojberg just had a Halkett minute there gave away the ball twice in a minute 

Psychedelicropcircle

The goalie has been getting fouled all game. 

3 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Spurs. Spurs are falling apart again. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arsenal might win the cup, nah, they fell apart before this round didn’t they?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

The goalie has been getting fouled all game. 

Maybe but he certainly wasn't fouled at the goal. He was weak as **** and cost his use the tie.

Good to see Ange ****ing up though and it's another trophyless season for Spurs.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Tazio said:

Jeezo, upset Angeball isn't going to deliver Tottenham a trophy. Should be used to it by now so dry your tears.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Jeezo, upset Angeball isn't going to deliver Tottenham a trophy. Should be used to it by now so dry your tears.

Another cutting post from the most bitter poster on JKB. 

Seaside Dave
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

🤣🤣🤣 15 seasons now with no trophies. 60 plus years without a league. 30 plus years without an fa cup. Never mention anyone might win a cup again. Be sure to buy tickets for the pink concert for a celebration party in the toilet bowl 

Just now, Seaside Dave said:

🤣🤣🤣 15 seasons now with no trophies. 60 plus years without a league. 30 plus years without an fa cup. Never mention anyone might win a cup again. Be sure to buy tickets for the pink concert for a celebration party in the toilet bowl 

Are you 15? 

Seaside Dave
Just now, Tazio said:

Are you 15? 

No but I was like 3 when you last won this cup 🤣🤣🤣

SectionDJambo
34 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

5 shots on goal whole game at 72mins. Fitness levels may be astounding but christ, like watching chess being played on a football pitch

There were times when City played the ball back to the keeper, from well up the pitch, when I imagined us doing similar at Tynecastle. We would have been howling at our players for doing that. 
It was quite a boring game, if technically good.

Enjoyed the game and thought City deserved the win.

Pity, though.

A replay would have been a game to look forward to.

That's some stadium the North London Hibs have, btw.

Seaside Dave
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nah they get a trophy for passing the ball quick to each other. Ange ball attack attack attack. 1 shot all game jeepers. not sure what they where attacking 

hmfcbilly
35 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There were times when City played the ball back to the keeper, from well up the pitch, when I imagined us doing similar at Tynecastle. We would have been howling at our players for doing that. 
It was quite a boring game, if technically good.

Job done I guess and no replay which I'm sure they were happy about. It was more like a league game. I prefer the FA cup when 2 teams just go for it. A 1st half goal would've opened it up more but then you could say that about most games really. Longer is game goes without a goal, the cagier teams tend to be for fear of losing 

colinmorewasgash

Citeh are boring that was tedious and predictable every time I watch them I either nod off or start to switch off 950 passes back and forward side to side no matter opposition, very regimental and mechanical, I mean folk moan if we do that.   Yeah they have great players but tiring out your opponent wasn't cruyff way, still kdb is difference when thor is missing. Doesn't matter who they play theres keeping possession but he overcooks it, number times they make an attack stop go left go right get kyle up wing then bk to another defender or rodri bk to gk never changes and I'm not even liverpool or utd fan but least its bit more exciting watching kloppys crowd.