Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

I think the Gordon’s will receive money for the shares

I don’t think they will be given money to buy players

They will only get loans of Foleys 4th / 5th tier player pool

That's my understanding 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

He is looking to buy a Dutch team too.

Hibs will be 4th in the pyramid behind Bournemouth, Lorient and the Dutch team. Then what if he buys a Spanish team? A German team? Hibs go to 5th / 6th / 7th. 

Won’t end well. 

Yep. If Bournmouth have a good player that isn't quite ready, he's absolutely going to move through those various teams before landing on Hibs. I.e if the player can play for Lorient or the Dutch team, he will go there. It will only be the absolute dregs that they get :D 

11 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

That's my understanding 

This 6 million pound investment that’s getting bandied about does seem strange. I think a lot of Hibs fans think it is going straight to the first team for players.

Shares have to be paid for and there is talk of upgrading facilities. 

Sounds to me as though only the Gordon family are doing well out of this deal.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hibs will be 4th in the pyramid behind Bournemouth, Lorient and the Dutch team. Then what if he buys a Spanish team? A German team? Hibs go to 5th / 6th / 7th. 

Won’t end well. 

He should buy Edinburgh City and push hibs even lower.

gorgierulesapply88

Won’t end well. 

Much like the city group who have a French side. Didn't back Kisnorbo.

6 minutes ago, Australis said:

Did I read Foley was hoping to invest 6 million into the wee teams training ground.

I believe they're embiggening a barn or something.

I remember when our training ground was announced, I was so excited. But ken what? I haven't seen any tangible benefit. I don't see the point in pissing money into it, so good, on you go lads!

I reckon it is all about getting round financial fair play limitations on Bournemouth. Can buy an expensive player with each feeder club and loan them to Bournemouth. I doubt Hibs will get anything much back other than access to Bournemouth's academy players or players they signed but are not good enough for the first team squad (ie mistakes). 

When Foley drops off his perch there is going to be an almighty mess for his executors to tidy up for the family...

Edited by Spellczech

40 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I believe they're embiggening a barn or something.

I remember when our training ground was announced, I was so excited. But ken what? I haven't seen any tangible benefit. I don't see the point in pissing money into it, so good, on you go lads!

Yep, I thought we were going to find lots of good youngsters and give them the best training facilities.

Then after they have done a turn for Hearts, sell them on at a good price.

Nothing like it has happened.

RustyRightPeg

Are they allowed to be in bed with two clubs? The Brighton partnership bared a lot of fruit, surely the sporting integrity isn’t right!!

£6m is the quoted amount for initial investment. Hardly a game changer, Hibs better hope there’s more to come after that.

I just fail to see how this arrangement has Hibs best interest at Heart, but I guess we’ll see

2 hours ago, JAYEL said:

That's my understanding 

Yip . Like this mythical quoted six million that the Gordons spent on them ……….. 

alicante jambo
30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yip . Like this mythical quoted six million that the Gordons spent on them ……….. 

Well said bud exactly what i was thinking. There is no benefit at all for this guy. Will go one way only. Tits up.. 700k for vente and 500k for the boy who came on the other night . They just make up figures same wi the fee for nesbit.

54 minutes ago, liam11 said:

£6m is the quoted amount for initial investment. Hardly a game changer, Hibs better hope there’s more to come after that.

I just fail to see how this arrangement has Hibs best interest at Heart, but I guess we’ll see

17 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Well said bud exactly what i was thinking. There is no benefit at all for this guy. Will go one way only. Tits up.. 700k for vente and 500k for the boy who came on the other night . They just make up figures same wi the fee for nesbit.

The over £1m fee they have received for wee striker ( I can't even remember his name now he was that shite ) that has gone to Norway now.Hibs fans don't even seem to be questioning it over £1m for a complete flop even when he was on loan elsewhere he done **** all.

There's a really interesting range of opinions and views if you look at the posts on .net. There's a healthy number who are quite sceptical and suspicious and see this as a way to by pass visa/work permit challenges for Bournemouth. In that context, the money spent on the facilities is logical because it's protecting the investment in players to feed the higher reaches of the pyramid. That group don't see the immediate or long term benefits to the first team. There's another group who have the green tinted specs fully engaged and are already closing the gap on the old firm. One of them reckons that they should go out and spend big in the January window as the £6m is guaranteed and already theirs to spend. In other words, probably the same range of opinions as would be on here if it was us.  Generally though, I'd say there's more pessimism than optimism with the pessimists presenting reasoned and balanced arguments and the optimists basically hoping for the best with no evidence or justification.  

I’m concerned.
Just the name of the guy opens Hibs up to potential for increased and lucrative sponsorship opportunities. 

Foley Catheters: Let the Pish Flow Freely

5 minutes ago, Daktari said:

There's a really interesting range of opinions and views if you look at the posts on .net. There's a healthy number who are quite sceptical and suspicious and see this as a way to by pass visa/work permit challenges for Bournemouth. In that context, the money spent on the facilities is logical because it's protecting the investment in players to feed the higher reaches of the pyramid. That group don't see the immediate or long term benefits to the first team. There's another group who have the green tinted specs fully engaged and are already closing the gap on the old firm. One of them reckons that they should go out and spend big in the January window as the £6m is guaranteed and already theirs to spend. In other words, probably the same range of opinions as would be on here if it was us.  Generally though, I'd say there's more pessimism than optimism with the pessimists presenting reasoned and balanced arguments and the optimists basically hoping for the best with no evidence or justification.  

The thing is £6m is nothing really unless you are going to spunk all that on one player and Hibs are never ever going to attract that.So what do they do spunk the lot on some average overpriced players in January.I think fans are delusional to what £6m is when you take into account fees and contracts it will hardly get them anything of note to change things.

In this day in age, if you want to attract a certain standard of player, they almost always expect that the training facilities are of a sufficient quality. Hence why the new owners at Manchester Utd will be directing millions into Carrington. Anyone who slates Hibernian for doing likewise, whilst we plod on with the limitations of Oriam, are exceptionally short-sighted.

2 minutes ago, Cambo said:

In this day and age, if you want to attract a certain standard of player, they almost always expect that the training facilities are of a sufficient quality. Hence why the new owners at Manchester Utd will be directing millions into Carrington. Anyone who slates Hibernian for doing likewise, whilst we plod on with the limitations of Oriam, are exceptionally short-sighted.

A lot of players we’ve signed have commented on how good the oriam is. Have they just been told to say that. 

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

A lot of players we’ve signed have commented on how good the oriam is. Have they just been told to say that. 

Not just our players every team , football ,rugby , hockey , basketball among others have said it’s among the best they’ve used .There was also a team from England who came to a friendly up here raved about the facilities 

4 hours ago, Cambo said:

In this day in age, if you want to attract a certain standard of player, they almost always expect that the training facilities are of a sufficient quality. Hence why the new owners at Manchester Utd will be directing millions into Carrington. Anyone who slates Hibernian for doing likewise, whilst we plod on with the limitations of Oriam, are exceptionally short-sighted.

Of course the first thing an agent does isn't discuss wages and bonuses with the club but checks to make sure the training facilities are good.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Oriam as a training facility apart from the fact we don't own it and I honestly doubt that any player would put that as a number one priority when deciding if they would sign for us.

4 hours ago, Cambo said:

I doubt anyone unless they were a complete idiot would slate them for improving their training base.

Even if the whole 6m was spunked on their farm it would still be a tenth of the quality that our club have access to at the Oriam.

Limitations? :rofl:

gorgie rd eh11

I’m looking forward to them being a feeder team, part of a business plan, a cog in a corporate machine.

long live the fan owned people’s clubs.

8 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

The over £1m fee they have received for wee striker ( I can't even remember his name now he was that shite ) that has gone to Norway now.Hibs fans don't even seem to be questioning it over £1m for a complete flop even when he was on loan elsewhere he done **** all.

I'd bet there was a sell on fee to his old club that made up a large part of that.

7 hours ago, Cambo said:

Oriam's in a different league mate, not to mention being surrounded by international student bursd. The HTC literally ronks of shit from the farm it's built on, which would attract you?

When did a signing target last choose Hibs over us?

14 hours ago, Rods said:

This 6 million pound investment that’s getting bandied about does seem strange. I think a lot of Hibs fans think it is going straight to the first team for players.

Shares have to be paid for and there is talk of upgrading facilities. 

Sounds to me as though only the Gordon family are doing well out of this deal.

25% share of a fleamarket for £6m. No talk of ongoing investment or marquis signings. We get more in donations on an annual basis.

From the shareholders meeting we have a contract with the Oriam until 2029 and are happy to extend if certain improvements are made and most importantly we resolve exclusivity problems around certain facilities. We seem to have little desire to own with all the extra administrative responsibilities which that would entail and are happy to carry on renting. 

36 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

From the shareholders meeting we have a contract with the Oriam until 2029 and are happy to extend if certain improvements are made and most importantly we resolve exclusivity problems around certain facilities. We seem to have little desire to own with all the extra administrative responsibilities which that would entail and are happy to carry on renting. 

Good

19 hours ago, JAYEL said:

That's my understanding 

Agreed this will pay for all the work done by Ron in copying all our different hospitality suites model and completely transforming their main stand 

They weren't expecting that to come for free 

Oh wait they were 🤣

Worth noting James Anderson put in the same amount to us 

Difference is he didn't want shares in the Club 

18 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I reckon it is all about getting round financial fair play limitations on Bournemouth. Can buy an expensive player with each feeder club and loan them to Bournemouth. I doubt Hibs will get anything much back other than access to Bournemouth's academy players or players they signed but are not good enough for the first team squad (ie mistakes). 

When Foley drops off his perch there is going to be an almighty mess for his executors to tidy up for the family...

He's like 79 

His fortune and Hibs shares goes to his Hillbilly wine making son

download.jpeg-14.jpg

8 hours ago, Section Q said:

25% share of a fleamarket for £6m. No talk of ongoing investment or marquis signings. We get more in donations on an annual basis.

Yeh a lot of them seem to think this means 6 mill to spend on players. The penny is dropping for a few on .net but they are being shouted down. 

7 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Best scenario for everyone. TBH Oriam should be much more accomodating of our needs - Scottish National team pulling out isn't a good sign, and I can't imagine there are many alternative suitors. 

Would love Hearts to take a stake in the site and slowly build into a position of ownership. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Best scenario for everyone. TBH Oriam should be much more accomodating of our needs - Scottish National team pulling out isn't a good sign, and I can't imagine there are many alternative suitors. 

Would love Hearts to take a stake in the site and slowly build into a position of ownership. 

They pulled out as they wanted it in the weeg. Nothing wrong with the facilities at all. 

Just now, Jambo_Gaz said:

They pulled out as they wanted it in the weeg. Nothing wrong with the facilities at all. 

Yeah, but what I mean is from Oriams perspective its not a good sign as obviously they want to raise our rent and basically do as little as possible - more tennants makes their hand stronger whilst ours weaker. Whereas at present, its looking like we have a pretty good shot at playing hardball successfully here. 

Prospective tenants on a daily basis would only be Edinburgh Rugby. And I'm not sure they can afford to pay what Oriam need. Hibs have their own facilities, so they've kind of got to find a deal that works with us. 

Just now, OTT said:

Yeah, but what I mean is from Oriams perspective its not a good sign as obviously they want to raise our rent and basically do as little as possible - more tennants makes their hand stronger whilst ours weaker. Whereas at present, its looking like we have a pretty good shot at playing hardball successfully here. 

Prospective tenants on a daily basis would only be Edinburgh Rugby. And I'm not sure they can afford to pay what Oriam need. Hibs have their own facilities, so they've kind of got to find a deal that works with us. 

Yeah, agree on this. Hopefully, we have something in the works and what's in our favour. 

The six million is the magic number . Surely it is obvious ? If you go back and look at social media and forum posts from when the Gordons took them over , the answer lies within . They were all going on about Gordon putting in six million . That has been swallowed up by annual losses and they achieved nothing . This “ investment “ is exactly the same sum …………… he is bailing the Gordons out as they failed to make Hibs a success and now want their inheritance back 

Six millions not to be sniffed at if thats the number but all it really does is offset the difference from not making the group stage which they’re not going to. This will be as game changing as their last few restructures

20 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Six millions not to be sniffed at if thats the number but all it really does is offset the difference from not making the group stage which they’re not going to. This will be as game changing as their last few restructures

See above mate . Bit of a coincidence that when Gordon took over he “ invested “ six million dont you think ? I think this is a bail out 

Mikey1874

In the Montgomery interviews, confirmed as not approved by SFA yet so taking longer. Also £6 million mainly for ground improvements and training ground. Montgomery said won't be extra money for transfers this month. 

On 13/12/2023 at 12:29, rory78 said:

They're above us and you say they are utter shit 🙄 where Hearts are going now I have no idea but certainly not where we all hoped by the looks of it 

Hibs are total shit Rory ……….. they just are mate 

kingantti1874
On 30/12/2023 at 12:18, boag1874 said:

six million is what he is paying to buy the shares .  Some of it will. be pocketed by the gordons no doubt about it 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

six million is what he is paying to buy the shares .  Some of it will. be pocketed by the gordons no doubt about it 

Correct

Boris5115
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Very clever by the Gordon family. With accepting Toley's money it will pay for the upgrading of their pitch and upgrading of their corporate suites. 

moonraker

Bearing in mind hibs will be the Kaunas/ Dinamo Minsk of the pyramid 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Very clever by the Gordon family. With accepting Toley's money it will pay for the upgrading of their pitch and upgrading of their corporate suites. 

basically. 

Let me get this right… they’re soon to be owned by two absent foreign owners, they’ve had millions in transfer fees but have bought very few players and they’re likely to get all future players loaned from clubs owned by one of the absent foreign owners. The latest absent foreign owner will chuck them 6 mil but it’s going on infrastructure. They sit 6th in the league and have recently brought in a manager from the Australian A league. And yet no one in the Scottish media is asking questions about this set up and slaughtering the foreign owners… what do Hibs have over these media hacks that they seem to go completely unchecked? Is it perhaps because they are no threat to the duopoly, unlike when our absent foreign owner was never out their thoughts and newspapers!

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )