Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Hibs fans excited by this. 

Hearts fans casting shade. 

Shocker. 

Flip the scenarios and I'm sure the majority of us would be buzzing for it. 

In truth, only time will tell. Hoping it's an absolute shite show. :jjyay:

No chance imo . 90% FOH approval ? It would need to be a far more transparent and clear plan for me to tick that box . This would be getting loaded in the sun canon 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This post here is what brings the difference in our structure to Hibs in to sharp focus …………

They are getting excited about a deal that will ultimately become ownership of their club , based on ……. well as the man himself admits , not a lot of information . They have zero say in any of it . If they have zero say in the sale , then how much say do you think they will have in the possible need for dislocation ? Certainly no more and most likely less

They are putting on a brave face to all of this because they have to . They have to hope for the best because they have no say in it . If this was us , we would have to be satisfied to the tune of 90% FOH contributors . That would need to be some pitch to bamboozle that many people who care about safeguarding the club 

IMG_5167.jpeg

Hibs had the opportunity to be "fan owned" unfortunately they've not got enough fans. 

:greggy:

Now they have to sell their soul to another yank. 

A bit shite for the fans when they have little information about the new investors intentions. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hibs had the opportunity to be "fan owned" unfortunately they've not got enough fans. 

:greggy:

Now they have to sell their soul to another yank. 

A bit shite for the fans when they have little information about the new investors intentions. 

They have almost zero information about the new yanks , mate

Womder if Foley will be less aggressively opposed to HSL ? I think we all know the answer to that ………… maybe get a Proclaimer to greet about it on YouTube ? Surely Kano is too fat to climb aboard a flatbed lorry and kill fan ownership dead this time 

Byyy The Light

Why anyone would even attempt to invest the amount needed to get a decent return in Scottish football I have no idea.  That's before even considering how bent the game is and the slow death it is experiencing.

Americans seem to be keen on this family of clubs scenario, Dundee Utd have been involved in similar talks.  Maybe they see their return in selling a package deal rather than individual clubs in a few years time.

It might work out being a good thing for Hibs, time will tell.  I'm not sure I'd want Hearts being the guinea pig if it was us he was sniffing about.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

This post here is what brings the difference in our structure to Hibs in to sharp focus …………

They are getting excited about a deal that will ultimately become ownership of their club , based on ……. well as the man himself admits , not a lot of information . They have zero say in any of it . If they have zero say in the sale , then how much say do you think they will have in the possible need for dislocation ? Certainly no more and most likely less

They are putting on a brave face to all of this because they have to . They have to hope for the best because they have no say in it . If this was us , we would have to be satisfied to the tune of 90% FOH contributors . That would need to be some pitch to bamboozle that many people who care about safeguarding the club 

IMG_5167.jpeg

Don't actually think its a bad post from the hibby gomeral.

It's indicative of modern football.  The system sucks, let's close our eyes and hope.  It's the same for a huge number of clubs in similar(ish) boats, same as we were under VR and to and extent Pie Man and Wallace.  Your at the mercy of whim in these situations.

Its only now we have a model and leadership which feels steady.  It's very very rare.  It's such a bloody shame we can't seem to get it right on the park, cos we're in such a good position.  Add 9 points to our total this season and we'd all be happy, you know.  Which in a way is silly.  But in a more realistic way, really isnt silly!!!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

No chance imo . 90% FOH approval ? It would need to be a far more transparent and clear plan for me to tick that box . This would be getting loaded in the sun canon 

Zero chance I'm a yes unless it's truly exceptional for Hearts, for decades to come. A 78 year old billionaire sounds great, for now, but who's inheriting it?

Just now, TheBigO said:

Don't actually think its a bad post from the hibby gomeral.

It's indicative of modern football.  The system sucks, let's close our eyes and hope.  It's the same for a huge number of clubs in similar(ish) boats, same as we were under VR and to and extent Pie Man and Wallace.  Your at the mercy of whim in these situations.

Its only now we have a model and leadership which feels steady.  It's very very rare.  It's such a bloody shame we can't seem to get it right on the park, cos we're in such a good position.  Add 9 points to our total this season and we'd all be happy, you know.  Which in a way is silly.  But in a more realistic way, really isnt silly!!!

Pretty much what I think too . I see the 90 % thing as a shield and if someone wants to get involved with us , then they will need to make a damn fine pitch and be very transparent if their intentions are pure . People scoff at having legal experts in the FOH board ……………. Uhm ………….. I hope they are the best available if anyone ever approaches FOH to sell 

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Zero chance I'm a yes unless it's truly exceptional for Hearts, for decades to come. A 78 year old billionaire sounds great, for now, but who's inheriting it?

It was the same with Gordon . They bought in to his own personal plans and it does not look like his kids are anywhere near as committed . God ****ing bless FOH and our 90 % veto 

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It was the same with Gordon . They bought in to his own personal plans and it does not look like his kids are anywhere near as committed . God ****ing bless FOH and our 90 % veto 

It also needs remembered we have Anderson.  All a bit less flashy of course, but he has massive wealth.  Thickos of course misunterstand how the bennyfacturs work, but we've had a whole heap of money injected into us and now have the stand, upgraded UEFA grade ground, hotel, top hospitality/hotel, and a very very solid revenue and business model off the park.

That all took money.  We did it without building debt.  All we owe is the wee bit to Ann.  It's amazing really.

Of course a headline would be Anderson buys Hearts "some nomark we've no heard of" for £1.5m.  But that's actually not what you want, I don't think anyway.

Not everything at our club is rosey, of course not.  You'd have to think the player budget will only go up the way now though, right...

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

It also needs remembered we have Anderson.  All a bit less flashy of course, but he has massive wealth.  Thickos of course misunterstand how the bennyfacturs work, but we've had a whole heap of money injected into us and now have the stand, upgraded UEFA grade ground, hotel, top hospitality/hotel, and a very very solid revenue and business model off the park.

That all took money.  We did it without building debt.  All we owe is the wee bit to Ann.  It's amazing really.

Of course a headline would be Anderson buys Hearts "some nomark we've no heard of" for £1.5m.  But that's actually not what you want, I don't think anyway.

Not everything at our club is rosey, of course not.  You'd have to think the player budget will only go up the way now though, right...

I like you . You think a bit like me 

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Anderson's a dream really, he's not asking for shares in return, or a security, just quietly gifting money.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like you . You think a bit like me 

Aw man.  You don't know AAAALLL the stuff I think though..... when I'm alone at night, y'ken....

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aw man.  You don't know AAAALLL the stuff I think though..... when I'm alone at night, y'ken....

its about me isn’t it 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, rory78 said:

They're above us and you say they are utter shit 🙄 where Hearts are going now I have no idea but certainly not where we all hoped by the looks of it 

we’re utter shit too

No chance I'd want Hearts involved in such a shit deal. 3rd feeder to a pish club, what happens when Bournemouth get relegated. 3rd feeder to a shite championship club, getting players from the team in Australia that done well over there. Anyone that becomes half decent will be away to club 2 or club 1 (unlikely) in the pyramid. Sole function of the club becomes feeding Bournemouth, no thanks. 

Hibs fans are all getting excited with one claiming they are now the richest club in Scotland.

Would have to be majority shareholder for that to happen.

And how it looks to me is they will be fed players from a team in new Zealand and if there good enough they may play for Hibs before being jettisoned to a french or Dutch team or to Bournemouth of all clubs.

Have I got that right as if so hardly worth getting excited about.

5 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Hibs fans are all getting excited with one claiming they are now the richest club in Scotland.

And how it looks to me is they will be fed players from a team in new Zealand and if there good enough they may play for Hibs before being jettisoned to a french or Dutch team or to Bournemouth of all clubs.

They went down that route with Ron. Think they achieved a 3rd place finish, a couple Scottish Cup semi finals, mind you they won't want to be reminded about them. 

Just for a quick reality check Celtic will bank £40 million for losing every game in the champions league so if Mr Bournemouth thinks he’s going to get Hibs anywhere near that level he’s going to have to dig very deep and I seriously doubt FFP will allow that. 

What we all require is the arseholes in Glasgow that pretend to run the game for all to scrap this utter shitshow of a league system and expand the teams each league and drastically reduced the actual number of leagues.

The current set up gives us the duopoly at the top and every other team fighting to stay afloat leaving us this eye bleeding football we witness every week.

7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Just for a quick reality check Celtic will bank £40 million for losing every game in the champions league so if Mr Bournemouth thinks he’s going to get Hibs anywhere near that level he’s going to have to dig very deep and I seriously doubt FFP will allow that. 

What we all require is the arseholes in Glasgow that pretend to run the game for all to scrap this utter shitshow of a league system and expand the teams each league and drastically reduced the actual number of leagues.

The current set up gives us the duopoly at the top and every other team fighting to stay afloat leaving us this eye bleeding football we witness every week.

I think they actually could if they wanted because we don't have FFP in Scotland.

There wouldn't be much point because they'd get caught by UEFA though.

21 hours ago, martoon said:

The same stadium that looks like it was Meccano built with an awful club crest that was ditched 25 years ago?

DSC01514a.thumb.jpg.e968cab5b3b370693f31c43bbbb634b4.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

They're so shit

RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

We've done the rich sugar daddy thing before.

No thanks. Would rather be fan-owned.

Ours was clinically insane and a criminal. This guy, to be fair, isn’t. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ours was clinically insane and a criminal. This guy, to be fair, isn’t. 

Americans are in football for one purpose.  To make money.

hibs may well get some better players temporarily but if they show anything, as the third club in the pyramid they will be away to lorient or Bournemouth.

they certainly won’t be seeing 10-15m per annum investment imo. 

if they do, and it’s successful.  Then it may be a path we need to follow.  

3 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Nailed it 

38 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There are loads of old ***** on here who think the small division and/or split is beneficial ………. That is what you are up against ffs :rofl: 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Sooks said:

IMG_5167.jpeg

Quite a balanced post from the guy, a rarity from one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite a balanced post from the guy, a rarity from one of them. 

True . However , look at how glaring it makes the difference between them and us in terms of ownership 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

True . However , look at how glaring it makes the difference between them and us in terms of ownership 

Definitely, I suppose theres good and bad with both. Having been burnt once we are rightfully wary of the unknown. They have too but Duff n Gray was a lifetime ago now. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Feyenoord playing well but not quite got the cutting edge required unfortunately. 

Wrong thread ffs 🤦🏽

7 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

They'll still be our bitches

20231214_005609.thumb.jpg.10db77ea96dfb0d2a67d99a6d9b847fc.jpg

RustyRightPeg

Might be fairly unpopular with some on here but I’m fairly jealous of an ambitious billionaire seeing the benefits of a club like Hibs being part of his portfolio. 

There’s risk, yes as there is with everything but I wouldn’t be screwing my nose up at an initial £10M being put into the playing staff and training facilities. 

Without a shadow of a doubt if we’d had this sort of investment 18/24 months ago we’d be streaks clear as the third biggest club in the country. 

Instead, what do we have? A nice shiny hotel and a board scared to pull the trigger on anything related to the football side of things (remarkable considering we are a football club). 

In my opinion, we are at a crossover stage as a football club. As are Hibs, but for different reasons but our club is financially safe and has been saved. There are lots of good operational people in place behind the scenes. What we need is investment on the pitch, and everything surrounding it. 

I understand the caution due to the Romanov years, but as I said he is and was batshit crazy. Foley is a proven sport owner, with success in almost everything he’s touched thus far. 

I’d hate to see Hibs leave us left behind. I don’t want us to be known as a nice story as we’re fan owned. I want us to be a competitive club with potential to push the old firm as close as physically possible. As things stand, we’re declining, due to the indecisions being made at board level which is now seeping into the playing staff. 

It worries me this could be a success for them. 

I don’t care whether it’s fan owned or a sugar daddy/multi club ownership. 

I just want what gives us the best shot at success. 

12 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

I don’t care whether it’s fan owned or a sugar daddy/multi club ownership. 

I just want what gives us the best shot at success. 

I just want our future secure, and that means us owning the club. If people want to give us money, sound, join big Jimmy A. But this is our club, we own it.

1 hour ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I just want our future secure, and that means us owning the club. If people want to give us money, sound, join big Jimmy A. But this is our club, we own it.

Even if that means potentially being left behind? This Hibs deal might change the dynamic of Scottish football. It also might be a complete flop but id rather we are open to change and investment 

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Might be fairly unpopular with some on here but I’m fairly jealous of an ambitious billionaire seeing the benefits of a club like Hibs being part of his portfolio. 

There’s risk, yes as there is with everything but I wouldn’t be screwing my nose up at an initial £10M being put into the playing staff and training facilities. 

Without a shadow of a doubt if we’d had this sort of investment 18/24 months ago we’d be streaks clear as the third biggest club in the country. 

Instead, what do we have? A nice shiny hotel and a board scared to pull the trigger on anything related to the football side of things (remarkable considering we are a football club). 

In my opinion, we are at a crossover stage as a football club. As are Hibs, but for different reasons but our club is financially safe and has been saved. There are lots of good operational people in place behind the scenes. What we need is investment on the pitch, and everything surrounding it. 

I understand the caution due to the Romanov years, but as I said he is and was batshit crazy. Foley is a proven sport owner, with success in almost everything he’s touched thus far. 

I’d hate to see Hibs leave us left behind. I don’t want us to be known as a nice story as we’re fan owned. I want us to be a competitive club with potential to push the old firm as close as physically possible. As things stand, we’re declining, due to the indecisions being made at board level which is now seeping into the playing staff. 

It worries me this could be a success for them. 

He’s not going to put 10 m or anything near that the only thing this gets them is players from the stable of clubs they are in , but they won’t be world class players they will go to the top club , then the second top club and so on Hibs probably will be bottom of the pile

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )