Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

It's interesting. This could bring success, but equally it could become a revolving door of players and a permanently unsettled squad. But thats maybe modern football? It seems we're always loosing 6-8 players each summer and bringing in about the same to replace them. Big thing for me is this system will be geared to help another team succeed, and success for hibs will be a secondary concern for this American guy.

say they find or develop another John McGinn or an Aaron Hickey. Gone to Bournemouth on a free. 

it will certainly be interesting, if it does work youll

see more and more clubs go down this path.  

certainly a big risk 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

So they are getting loanees. They were full of them in 2012, how did thay work out 🤣

Aye, but this time it'll be inexperienced, young loanees who aren't really ready for full on first team football.

1971fozzy

All Hibs will be is a dumping ground for projects.  They are owned and run by Americans who don’t give a shit and will use them as a nursery.  I would hate to be in their position.  This is why we should be thankful we own our club and this will never happen to us

Australis

Just wonder what a wee team manager would be like having to play players brought to the club rather than him scouting and signing them.

Maloney seemed happy to get the job and play who he was told.

Dare say there are many others out there who would do the same.

Having to play players without the right skills and attitude to keep the bosses happy.

vegas-voss

They are kidding themselves about minority stake as well.As soon as he is allowed to he will own the lot of them.Minority stake and it already seems like it's him that's going to be calling the shots.

Getintaethem

In any future conversations with Hobos, I’ll be referring to them as Bournemouth ‘B’.

I’ll get hours of childish pleasure out of this.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

In any future conversations with Hobos, I’ll be referring to them as Bournemouth ‘B’.

Bournmouth's wee team.

Formerly a wee team - now a wee wee team

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Bournemouth 'C' soon to be 'D' when he gets the Dutch or Belgian team

19 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

It's shite being Hibees!
We're the lowest of the low!
The scum of the ****ing Earth!
The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash, that was shat into civilisation!
Some people hate Bournemouth, I don't! They're just wankers!
We, on the other hand, are the bitches of wankers!
Can't even find a decent club to be bitches to!
We're bitches to complete arseholes!
It's a shite state of affairs to be in Stotty,
and all the indoor pitches in the world won't make any ****ing difference!

pettigrewsstylist
31 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Oh yes, my thoughts aswell. 

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It's shite being Hibees!
We're the lowest of the low!
The scum of the ****ing Earth!
The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash, that was shat into civilisation!
Some people hate Bournemouth, I don't! They're just wankers!
We, on the other hand, are the bitches of wankers!
Can't even find a decent club to be bitches to!
We're bitches to complete arseholes!
It's a shite state of affairs to be in Stotty,
and all the indoor pitches in the world won't make any ****ing difference!

👏👏

Lone Striker
57 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Bournmouth's wee team.

Formerly a wee team - now a wee wee team

tbf they've generally been PISH for quite a while. 😜

Lone Striker
11 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's a kid called Oscar Zambrano. His team want £5.5M and there's about half a dozen PL teams willing to pay it. He might not even end up at Bournemouth but if he does I highly doubt they'd let him go to Hibs. 

Perhaps someone can explain the difference between this  Foley scenario and people trafficking ....... 😲

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

What I don't understand about any of this is how does it not break all sorts of FFP rules? 

Let's say a really good player enters the pyramid.  Which club actually owns him?  I assume it can't always be Bournemouth because there are rules on how many players they can have loaned out at once (which as of July 2023, was set at 7 in, 7 out, changing to 6 next summer with some exemptions for U21s). Since there are many teams in the set up, they will have to go over this number fairly quickly. So that means that the player may end up being "owned" by Hibs. 

So what happens when it's time for that player to move up the pyramid?  How do they set the transfer fee without it being dodgy trading at best, money laundering at worst?  A nominal £1 fee from Hibs to Lorient would likely cause other interested teams to complain, and an internal multi million pound fee to themselves (i.e. the overall owners) can't be legal, so how does it work? 

When it gets complicated is when they play in the same competition. For example the Red Bull teams, Leipzig and Salzburg one of them cannot operate under that title in the Champions League. 

Girona are heading that way as well with the Man City connection…

I can’t see it happening with Hibs unless they both get into the Conference league. FFP doesn’t really come into it, as it’s more about loss than actually spending big if that makes sense. 

13 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's a kid called Oscar Zambrano. His team want £5.5M and there's about half a dozen PL teams willing to pay it. He might not even end up at Bournemouth but if he does I highly doubt they'd let him go to Hibs. 

If he does end up at Hibs it’ll be purely work permit related I’d imagine. 

Gillsland jack

Could someone please inform Tesco about some potential land near Easter Road that potentially may become available for retail development, what was it the Hobo's used to say to us Tick Tock....if you think about the current custodians, the main man sadly passed away last year, arguably quite a talented individual with a good track record of success in the USA.

The reigns have now been handed over to the son, not sure he is as qualified as his old man, will he have the long term on his mind when selling of shares to anyone or any business or consortium, who knows what they could be exposed to in the future....

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hearts v Bournemouth B in the derbies you say 🤔 I like it 

46 minutes ago, sac said:

Need a song to commemorate the vermin becoming Bournemouth B for their next visit.

Bournemouth D or E by the looks of things 

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?364378-Potential-takeover-new-investor/page87

The last two pages 86 and 87 are littered with posts from supporters saying things like let’s just gamble and take the risk , or being flippant about share issues to pay off loans . It really is quite incredible that they are so eager to take this risk with their clubs future . I wonder what the old Hands off Hibs guys make of it all ? Hibs forum maybe not reflective of the wider support . Very few posters expressing genuine and merited concerns

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?364378-Potential-takeover-new-investor/page87

The last two pages 86 and 87 are littered with posts from supporters saying things like let’s just gamble and take the risk , or being flippant about share issues to pay off loans . It really is quite incredible that they are so eager to take this risk with their clubs future . I wonder what the old Hands off Hibs guys make of it all ? Hibs forum maybe not reflective of the wider support . Very few posters expressing genuine and merited concerns

Their whole existence depends on them hoping some businessman has their best interests at heart. They've never once done anything for themselves, they just hope the Kenny Waugh's and Ron Gordon's of this world are wealthy and healthy enough to keep their heads above water.

Mister T

It wont just be players moving up the Bournemouth pyramid.  I'm looking forward to 38 year old Ryan Christie topping up his pension from the comfort of the East Mains Aiden McGeady Memorial Treatment table. 

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Their whole existence depends on them hoping some businessman has their best interests at heart. They've never once done anything for themselves, they just hope the Kenny Waugh's and Ron Gordon's of this world are wealthy and healthy enough to keep their heads above water.

It is a real eye opener just how happy they are to take the not insubstantial risks this presents . Just saying things like we are shite just now so let’s gamble . Genuinely would hate to be in this position . Another thing to factor in is this stuff about 67 million new share issues to pay off loans ……………. Just wow . Foley in no rush to stop Lorient getting relegated this season and lets face it Bournemouth could easily drop out the EPL any season . What happens if they do and they lose access to the EPL income ? FFP would make it very difficult for them to just spend their way back up . The whole thing has potential disaster written all over it in big neon signs 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, sac said:

Need a song to commemorate the vermin becoming Bournemouth B for their next visit.

Comedy gold btw!!

pettigrewsstylist
53 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Could someone please inform Tesco about some potential land near Easter Road that potentially may become available for retail development, what was it the Hobo's used to say to us Tick Tock....if you think about the current custodians, the main man sadly passed away last year, arguably quite a talented individual with a good track record of success in the USA.

The reigns have now been handed over to the son, not sure he is as qualified as his old man, will he have the long term on his mind when selling of shares to anyone or any business or consortium, who knows what they could be exposed to in the future....

Oh i think WE know.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is a real eye opener just how happy they are to take the not insubstantial risks this presents . Just saying things like we are shite just now so let’s gamble . Genuinely would hate to be in this position . Another thing to factor in is this stuff about 67 million new share issues to pay off loans ……………. Just wow . Foley in no rush to stop Lorient getting relegated this season and lets face it Bournemouth could easily drop out the EPL any season . What happens if they do and they lose access to the EPL income ? FFP would make it very difficult for them to just spend their way back up . The whole thing has potential disaster written all over it in big neon signs 

I doubt Foley will lose much money whenever Bournemouth go down (assuming he's still alive when they do). Hibs will easily be sacrificed in order to save Bournemouth.

3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I doubt Foley will lose much money whenever Bournemouth go down (assuming he's still alive when they do). Hibs will easily be sacrificed in order to save Bournemouth.

Looking forward to the American fan who popped up on the Lorient forum joining Hibs forum . The Lorient fans have the guy a pretty disgruntled response . Hibs fans will be cleaning his shoes for him in no time :lol: 

Reminds me of Mars Attacks where the President convinces everyone the Martians have come in peace and they all gather around to welcome them ………….. zap zap zap :lol: 

vegas-voss

What do these guys like Foley do it for though. Bournemouth are never going to be any better than what they are now so is it just a wee game of moving chess pieces by these mega rich yanks pretending they are some big shots with all these shitty wee clubs they swallow up.

Hope it fails miserably 👍 bit weird being a feeder club for a club that's actually smaller than Hibs are 🤣 

48 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

What do these guys like Foley do it for though. Bournemouth are never going to be any better than what they are now so is it just a wee game of moving chess pieces by these mega rich yanks pretending they are some big shots with all these shitty wee clubs they swallow up.

Pretty good summation, Bournemouth look like they are gambling on finding a few gems that they can move up to their “big team” in the hope they can survive in the prem without having to shell out big dosh on transfers that might not work. 

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

All Hibs will be is shit.

FTFY

We all think and hope it will be a disaster, they all think and hope it will be amazing,

The truth is nobody has a clue really. 

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

All Hibs will be is a dumping ground for projects.  They are owned and run by Americans who don’t give a shit and will use them as a nursery.  I would hate to be in their position.  This is why we should be thankful we own our club and this will never happen to us

I really don't understand why there aren't Hibs fans willing to get involved and own their own ****ing club. 

Irvine Welsh and the Proclaimers for example. Telling me a few wealthy Hibs fans couldn't form a consortium to take control of the club and orientate it towards being a community focused club? Something which will actually engage with the local community etc? 

Christ, there was an opportunity to do that when Farmer was selling.

Madness. They're selling their soul for Bournemouths academy's rejects. Meanwhile, every promising player they have at academy level will be hoovered up. 

Unknown user

It's about a quarter century since SMG invested £4m in us, and they're getting wee semis at £6m to build a bigger shed :laugh2:

They think they are getting £millions to spend in the transfer market 😁

And want it brought forward to this window 😆😆

I think hibs fans are in for a shock

Cameronstheman

The £6 million aint no gift, be interesting to see where it really goes

Hmfc1965
44 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It's about a quarter century since SMG invested £4m in us, and they're getting wee semis at £6m to build a bigger shed :laugh2:

I'd just about forgotten about that fiasco.

That was the tipping point in the Murrayfield debacle.

Hmfc1965
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

It's always like that whenever I look.

It makes even the happiest clappers on here look like pessimists.

I suppose you have to admire the optimism in the face of reality.

Figo GMC
6 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Bournemouth 'D' more likely 😁

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's always like that whenever I look.

It makes even the happiest clappers on here look like pessimists.

I suppose you have to admire the optimism in the face of reality.

Bet it is a completely different story on their private member board . I hope so at least . Might be giving them too much credit though . Some utter barefaced delusion mongers in that support 

Hmfc1965
Just now, Sooks said:

Bet it is a completely different story on their private member board . I hope so at least . Might be giving them too much credit though . Some utter barefaced delusion mongers in that support 

You do wonder if they can  be that stupid/ gullible.

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

You do wonder if they can  be that stupid/ gullible.

I would love a look on their PM board :rofl: 

10 minutes ago, Figo GMC said:

Bournemouth 'D' more likely 😁

HiBourenian?

Edited by trotter

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Surrendering their soul for a loan they could get equivalent of anyway. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Surrendering their soul for a loan they could get equivalent of anyway. 

I predict very little money being spent on players 

Hibs fans will soon realise that these American owners don’t consider cups, league positions as real success. They consider players sold as a success. Bournemouth, Hibs and Lorient could be in the 3rd tier of there league but if group makes a profit they will be happy. 

American owners in the main just don’t get football and the supporters. 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

they really are getting excited about this £5m South American.

If you signed a raw £5m sought American, and wanted to bed him into European life would you

1. send him to your B team in ligue 1, with lots of other South Americans and a favourable climate.  Or to 

2. your D team in Scotland, getting smashed to bits on plastic pitches, playing with players who can only be described as “limited”

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

Hibs fans will soon realise that these American owners don’t consider cups, league positions as real success. They consider players sold as a success. Bournemouth, Hibs and Lorient could be in the 3rd tier of there league but if group makes a profit they will be happy. 

correct the Americans are in football for one reason.  Profit. They are in Bournemouth to make money never mind hibs 

Bull's-eye
7 minutes ago, Rods said:

Nobody gets being a Hibs supporter tbf.

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )