Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If a club like Bournemouth really think they have a player good enough to play for them they won’t send them to Scotland, let alone ****ing Hibs! They’ll be going on loan to the Championship, just like what happens now. What might happen is they’ll get some shite u23s like Rocky Bushiri that need a place to go. 

Why would the football group pay them some money for shares and invest in them just to send them the likes of Jimmy Hill?   There would be nothing in it for the Foley group.   The wee team will probably get money to sign players to then sign on to Bournemouth or the French mob.   There would be nothing in it for them to invest in the wee team give them a few mill just to send them shite players that havent got a hope.  They would end up losing cash that way. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, May98 said:

Why would the football group pay them some money for shares and invest in them just to send them the likes of Jimmy Hill?   There would be nothing in it for the Foley group.   The wee team will probably get money to sign players to then sign on to Bournemouth or the French mob.   There would be nothing in it for them to invest in the wee team give them a few mill just to send them shite players that havent got a hope.  They would end up losing cash that way. 

The Charlton fans are totally pissed off they joined this scene it’s done them no good whatsoever I dont know who they are stabled with but they are unhappy 

34 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If a club like Bournemouth really think they have a player good enough to play for them they won’t send them to Scotland, let alone ****ing Hibs! They’ll be going on loan to the Championship, just like what happens now. What might happen is they’ll get some shite u23s like Rocky Bushiri that need a place to go. 

Work permits and Brexit.

39 minutes ago, May98 said:

Eh ………… Jimmy Hill ? He would immediately become the vermins best defender 

50 minutes ago, May98 said:

It help the big teams flout the FFP rules without actually breaking them, it’s funny how these schemes are coming out now with Everton , Man City etc being investigated it’s not a coincidence 

39 minutes ago, May98 said:

How many players in the last decade have went from non old firm teams in the Scottish leagues straight to the EPL?  None, it doesn’t happen and there’s a reason for that. No one is signing for Hibs, playing with Will Fish and Jimmy Jeggo in front of 3 men and a dog at Livi etc then going straight into the English Premier League. 

10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

How many players in the last decade have went from non old firm teams in the Scottish leagues straight to the EPL?  None, it doesn’t happen and there’s a reason for that. No one is signing for Hibs, playing with Will Fish and Jimmy Jeggo in front of 3 men and a dog at Livi etc then going straight into the English Premier League. 

Exactly , cloud cuckoo land stuff 

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Do not think you have much to worry about then because that is almost ten percent over what would be needed to get the deal agreed 

FOH have agreed to keep budge in her role which she's accepted.

When did they consult on this? I'd have voted her out!

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

I do put money into Hearts and we do have a billionaire also putting money in too. But things would be diffrent if the billionare was putting money as an invetment in order to make return. 

Anderson isn't a billionaire mate. Unless we've got another billionaire doing it then I'm stumped.

Ann Budge brother cannae be far off a billion by now mind you!

2 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

FOH have agreed to keep budge in her role which she's accepted.

When did they consult on this? I'd have voted her out!

Club ownership , stadium , team colours and name , crest ect are all reserved matters that would need to be voted by 90 % of Foundation Members .

Edited by Sooks

27 minutes ago, DS98 said:

aberdeen sold a young boy to Liverpool a year or 2 ago?  Calvin Ramsay 4M up front with 2.5M of addons.

Edited by HopeDiouf

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

aberdeen sold a young boy to Liverpool a year or 2 ago?

Yep who is currently on loan to Championship side Preston without making a league appearance. Which really strengthens my point. 

Just now, DS98 said:

Yep who is currently on loan to Championship side Preston without making a league appearance. Which really strengthens my point. 

if you're point is they won't go straight into an EPL team as a starter, then yes.  If it's about making money, I'd take 6.5M right now for shankland, never mind an 18 year old.

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

if you're point is they won't go straight into an EPL team as a starter, then yes.  If it's about making money, I'd take 6.5M right now for shankland, never mind an 18 year old.

That was my point. 

And if it’s about making money from sales, Hibs won’t be making any of it. 

Just to repeat, Hibs aren't going to get a load of loan players. One from Bournemouth perhaps but that's about it. The French club have one.

The underlying motive here is that the Gordon's want to offload the club, Foley is the man they want to offload it to. He'll buy a small stake and see how it goes to start with, before deciding the next move in a few years time. 

I suspect he'll quickly realise that establishing them as a third force won't be easy, or cheap.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Just to repeat, Hibs aren't going to get a load of loan players. One from Bournemouth perhaps but that's about it. The French club have one.

The underlying motive here is that the Gordon's want to offload the club, Foley is the man they want to offload it to. He'll buy a small stake and see how it goes to start with, before deciding the next move in a few years time. 

I suspect he'll quickly realise that establishing them as a third force won't be easy, or cheap.

It’s a way of flouting the FFP rules it will end in tears as Charlton have already found out

2 hours ago, May98 said:

Do you know where James Hill currently is?

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

It’s a way of flouting the FFP rules it will end in tears as Charlton have already found out

One can but hope the vermin will be next. Wouldn't shed a tear if they went out of business and we never had to dirty our boots against them ever again.

It would make me smile to imagine their support, assholes to a man that they are, seeing their club die.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

So he's already playing at a higher level than the Don's and us.

6 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Well they haven't done it with the French club.

Saw someone point out that our most successful period came as being part of a "football group" under Vlad. 

Heres a question, could we form our own football group and buy some team in a shit leagues via the foundation? :D - Thinking Lithuanina/Estonian/Latvian etc?

30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Saw someone point out that our most successful period came as being part of a "football group" under Vlad. 

Heres a question, could we form our own football group and buy some team in a shit leagues via the foundation? :D - Thinking Lithuanina/Estonian/Latvian etc?

Where's the benefit in that?

Just now, OTT said:

Where’s the benefit in others doing it?

Because they have lots of money to spend on it I would think. I don't think we have.  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Because they have lots of money to spend on it I would think. I don't think we have.  

It’s all relative. Don’t need bags of money to succeed in these countries (don’t need to succeed/ win stuff at all), and could help build a broader platform for success. 

7 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

I don’t disagree but he’s 79 in two weeks. Not sure he’s got a few years in him. 

File under pish I think. 

Edit. The entire idea, not your post😀

Edited by PaddysBar

14 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The Charlton fans are totally pissed off they joined this scene it’s done them no good whatsoever I dont know who they are stabled with but they are unhappy 

As are Lorient fans

scott herbertson
17 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

It's this lot:

Global Football Holdings is a proven ownership group dedicated to bringing significant resources and comprehensive experience to elevate football clubs. The US-based limited partnership includes a group of experienced investors and senior executives from football and the wider sports industry. Global Football Holdings is a co-owner of FC Augsburg from the German Bundesliga, and a majority owner of Estoril Praia from the Portuguese Primeira Liga and SK Beveren from the Belgian First Division B.

Industry
Sports Teams and Clubs
Company size
2-10 employees
Type
Privately Held

18 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

This is hilarious.

Bournemouths reserves would beat Hibs comfortably ffs. I'd bet their youth team would give Hibs a decent challenge.

There will be zero players going from Hibs to Bournemouth and vice versa.

The gulf between the standard of players is absolutely massive.

This looks to me like a portfolio filler by a rich old geezer. Just another train carriage to add to his Engine.

The only beneficiary im seeing here is the current owner of verminville, who is probably haemorrhaging his inheritance by the sackful.

Got to agree. Like ourselves we have never had as much money coming into club but has the level of player improved? Think we know the answer. You also need to attract these better players and that’s not always easy. In terms of Scottish fitba sheep, lochenders and us are all pitching in the same market

Not quite sure how Foley giving Hibs money to buy players would necessarily benefit Bournemouth.

Whilst they could obviously have an agreement whereby Bournemouth have first refusal on any Hibs player, how can they actually force the player to sign a contract with the Cherries?

Therefore the only way Bournemouth have any control is by loaning players.

5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Not quite sure how Foley giving Hibs money to buy players would necessarily benefit Bournemouth.

Whilst they could obviously have an agreement whereby Bournemouth have first refusal on any Hibs player, how can they actually force the player to sign a contract with the Cherries?

Therefore the only way Bournemouth have any control is by loaning players.

Thats how I see it

Bournmouth buy them and immediately loan them out. Hibs or others picking up the on going costs.

If the players is any good he goes back to Bournmouth, if just ok then Hibs etc buy them and Bournmouth recoup their costs

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2023 at 15:01, bean counter said:

Thats how I see it

Bournmouth buy them and immediately loan them out. Hibs or others picking up the on going costs.

If the players is any good he goes back to Bournmouth, if just ok then Hibs etc buy them and Bournmouth recoup their costs

Doesn't the Nottingham Forrest owner (Greek guy) own Olympiacos and do some pretty shady stuff - release a player from one to sign them for the other/ buying players for inflated values to balance books etc. 

Dual ownership seems dodgy and open to abuse. 

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Doesn't the Nottingham Forrest owner (Greek guy) own Olympiacos and do some pretty shady stuff - release a player from one to sign them for the other/ buying players for inflated values to balance books etc. 

It’s a way of flouting the FFP rules a bit like the deid rangers EBT scheme it will be stopped 

Honestly think there will be very little change either way when they get this done . They will not sink them but they are not a priority either . They are getting all whipped up in to a frenzy the same way they did when Gordon bought them . They are in for a bit of a disappointment 

Seen a few comments saying bring on the Foley cash to sort this shite out. You'll get hand-me-downs from other clubs to see if they're ready and you'll like it.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Seen a few comments saying bring on the Foley cash to sort this shite out. You'll get hand-me-downs from other clubs to see if they're ready and you'll like it.

Yip . It was no surprise to see the Foley thread at the top of the first page of their forum . Accepting of how shit they are , they are now just dreaming of a brighter new dawn …………… more disappointment is in the post 

Edited by Sooks

Bret the Hitman Hearts
42 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm glad we never got involved in any dual ownership crap

:callme:

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly think there will be very little change either way when they get this done . They will not sink them but they are not a priority either . They are getting all whipped up in to a frenzy the same way they did when Gordon bought them . They are in for a bit of a disappointment 

This is the way I see it mate, the hobos I’ve spoken to seem to think it’s a deal that will get them challenging the OF………. But it’s the h1b5 way 🤷‍♂️

They’ll be used as a dumping ground. I would imagine he will use them for playing project players and they’ll end up having a squad that’s constantly rotating with a fair bit of garbage. Anyone half decent will be straight back to the EPL . This will be comedy gold 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Hibs fans are very excited about this deal and it appears to be happening. 

Can someone please reassure me this is going to be alright for us and they aren’t getting 10m a season pumped into them? 

5 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Can someone please reassure me this is going to be alright for us and they aren’t getting 10m a season pumped into them? 

Any available money will be plowed into Bournemouth, they are the only option of making money for the 'company'.  Finishing 15th instead of 16th will make more ££ than Hibs winning the treble will bring.

Hibs will simply be a recycling centre for them.

1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Hear about the fly that won the lottery?

He bought a shite in Spain.

Hibs are Hibs, and no matter what, they always will be. Money's irrelevant, the only thing getting pumped into them is Heart of Midlothian FC.

1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Hibs will get loan players that will be up and coming.

And he will invest money in them.

On 15/12/2023 at 23:07, OTT said:

Leithiopian?

The thing is we are getting stronger all the time as well and in a sustainable fashion. 

This will end in tears for Hibs I am convinced of it 

He is looking to buy a Dutch team too.

Hibs will be 4th in the pyramid behind Bournemouth, Lorient and the Dutch team. Then what if he buys a Spanish team? A German team? Hibs go to 5th / 6th / 7th. 

Won’t end well. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )