Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can honestly say without a even a grain of dishonesty that I would hate if this was happening to Hearts 

A minority stake holder that makes investments in the club while the majority holder makes the decisions/control. It was spoke about on here a while back about how we would get fresh investment. We are limited as there's only so much we can put in via FOH as we ain't Billionaires and James Anderson albeit very wealthy seems to invest at a manageable levels for him. Only way would be a minority stake to be sold by FOH or a big sponsorship deal which is unlikely as we ain't exaclty hitting levels expected.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FFP rules mean he's not going to be splurging large amounts of cash.

Also, his immediate focus is on Bournemouth and the new Auckland franchise in the A League which begins next season.

Would be absolutely spewing if Hearts entered into this kind of arrangement. Do folk seriously think Hibs will be showered with 3/4m worth players. If anything they're likely going to go to Lorient, who he also owns. 

2 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Would be absolutely spewing if Hearts entered into this kind of arrangement. Do folk seriously think Hibs will be showered with 3/4m worth players. If anything they're likely going to go to Lorient, who he also owns. 

Very Logical Eric.

3 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

A minority stake holder that makes investments in the club while the majority holder makes the decisions/control. It was spoke about on here a while back about how we would get fresh investment. We are limited as there's only so much we can put in via FOH as we ain't Billionaires and James Anderson albeit very wealthy seems to invest at a manageable levels for him. Only way would be a minority stake to be sold by FOH or a big sponsorship deal which is unlikely as we ain't exaclty hitting levels expected.

Let’s see how long he remains a minority stakeholder shall we 

I confidently predict they will not see an investment of more than the five and a half million that we through FOH and our benefactors put in 

I would not want to be a feeder club in any pyramid especially a club as shite as Bournemouth . Third in line in a pyramid that has Bournemouth as the pinnacle ? No thanks 

ToadKiller Dog

From what I understand the Foley plan is to take talent from Australia and New Zealand to his other clubs to be developed at the likes of hibs to be ready to move onto Bournmouth .

Foley is a hard nosed businesses man if he starts making a loss what then?.

It's a big risk for little reward for the 3rd tier clubs in his pyramid. 

If anyone is mad enough to chuck money at a Scottish football club to achieve the ‘success’ of finishing 3rd then it certainly wouldn’t be too hard to achieve. Even for a billionaire you would have to question the desire to do so when there is no ties to the club. If it was a ticket to owning a club who could play in the champions league regularly then you could understand, otherwise its a large outlay for not much tangible in the grand scheme of world football.

That being said, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs have a much larger turnover % wise than many other clubs in the country yet haven’t had a great deal more success the last decade or so. Money doesn’t guarantee success as we see year on year.

The sums of money involved to stretch Hibs clear in 3rd would need to be significant, as well as the football department being run properly. 

Does sound like the guy has another motive.

10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

FFP rules mean he's not going to be splurging large amounts of cash.

Also, his immediate focus is on Bournemouth and the new Auckland franchise in the A League which begins next season.

The amount you are allowed to spend under the FFP rules is 60M Euro's, over 3 years, or that should be overspend.

Edited by raygilmour

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Let’s see how long he remains a minority stakeholder shall we 

I confidently predict they will not see an investment of more than the five and a half million that we through FOH and our benefactors put in 

I would not want to be a feeder club in any pyramid especially a club as shite as Bournemouth . Third in line in a pyramid that has Bournemouth as the pinnacle ? No thanks 

Let's hope that's this is how it pans out! 

Malinga the Swinga

Don't believe I ever want us to be feeder club to anyone. Unless you face bankruptcy, it is the equivalent of being told you don't matter and are an irrelevance.

Even Hibs supporters can't be thick enough to fall for this.

alicante jambo
27 minutes ago, Cambo said:

I hope this is a huge success for them. As mentioned, the miracle being created by Girona in La Liga shows what can be done. I only say i hope it works for them, as I suspect a thriving Hibernian may be the only thing we can hope that will spur our Board into upping their game as we are underperforming in every aspect of football operations and it needs to change.

Your taking the pish?

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

A billionaire wants to buy shares? Great for them.

Is he also going to contribute to their budgets? If so, big win for them. 

Why would he ? Genuine question

gorgie rd eh11
6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

A billionaire wants to buy shares? Great for them.

Is he also going to contribute to their budgets? If so, big win for them. 

A billionaire wants to make more money. End of story.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

£10-£15m extra season spent on players/ wages would completely transform a club like purs or hibs.

It's not a ot of money in footballing terms, will all depend on his motives tho.

The whole thing is already in place in Europe it’s a stable of clubs who join together in giving players to each other not cash, this suits the bigger clubs in the stable because they end up with the best players and the clubs below are used as a feeder team there a lot of clubs fans unhappy with this arrangement , I think Charlton fans were saying they wish their club never got involved as it’s hindered them

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Sounds like Hibs are in the Shit to me.

Why on earth would you want to become one of these pyramid clubs where you get players forced on you, your style of play is dictated. Its basically agreeing to becoming a club for trialists to go through the motions.

Fine if your at the top of the pyramid, but absolutely horrendous below it. Unless you need the money because your 8n the Shit of course  😉

As I read I think Charlton are in one of these stables and their fans hate it as they have been shafted with transfers and recieve the crap no one wants , they are up in arms about it 

10 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The whole thing is already in place in Europe it’s a stable of clubs who join together in giving players to each other not cash, this suits the bigger clubs in the stable because they end up with the best players and the clubs below are used as a feeder team there a lot of clubs fans unhappy with this arrangement , I think Charlton fans were saying they wish their club never got involved as it’s hindered them

Yip I think once reality sets in they will feel similarly over the road . It is a big thing to give away your independence 

50 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Your taking the pish?

What else will it take for this hopeless board to start taking decisive action to make genuine improvements? Read the sentiment of what I am saying FFS. I couldnt care less about them down the road but we are in a terrible mess.

So they're gonna get players that do well for the team in Australia? We've seen how shit that can be. 

If he's gonna be buying £1m+ players for Hibs to develop, I can only see them pulling away from us purely on the fact they'd shopping in a better market. If they are simply taking players that have outgrown the pish aussie league, they'll be going no where. 

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/27798/appleton-warns-clueless-se7-partners

16 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

As I read I think Charlton are in one of these stables and their fans hate it as they have been shafted with transfers and recieve the crap no one wants , they are up in arms about it 

Seems to be the case 

1 hour ago, raygilmour said:

The amount you are allowed to spend under the FFP rules is 60M Euro's, over 3 years, or that should be overspend.

It's related to turnover, 70% its dropping to I believe, so unless turnover is dramatically increased then the amount that someone can put in is limited.

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Dont financial fair play rules scupper the idea of billionaires turning small clubs into footballing behemoths?

Isnt the level of percentage of revenue that can be spent on wages meant to drop over the next few seasons as well.

It isn't sustainable to throw money at clubs like Hibs or even us as we don't have the ability nor fan base to generate the levels of income required to maintain a squad of expensive players.

I think your last paragraph is a fair point. What that might point to is that a club at the lower end of the “pyramid” arrangement might simply be used as a feeder-club.

On the other hand, being at the lower end of such a pyramid arrangement might just mean you still acquire decent players who might just make a difference and potentially bring trophy success.

Mind you, the people behind these shemes might not be familiar with the obstacle that is the Lanarkshire Masonic Referees Association…😱

If they have players in the team good enough for Bournemouth they will be better than most teams in the league.

**** knows what the guys motive is, could go either way.

3 minutes ago, May98 said:

If they have players in the team good enough for Bournemouth they will be better than most teams in the league.

If they have any players good enough for the Premier League then that is where they will be going . Maybe Lorient first 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If they have any players good enough for the Premier League then that is where they will be going . Maybe Lorient first 

Would that be a bad thing for them to have players of that standard?  We very rarely produce players good enough for the Championship let alone the EPL or Lique 1. 

gorgie rd eh11
10 minutes ago, May98 said:

If they're good enough for Bournemouth they will be at Bournemouth. 

5 minutes ago, May98 said:

Would that be a bad thing for them to have players of that standard?  We very rarely produce players good enough for the Championship let alone the EPL or Lique 1. 

Depends what we are talking about here . We have had a few loans of players who were supposed to be of that sort of level . Smith Brown , Mitchell , Cochrane , The lad from Liverpool whos name escapes me , The Japanese lad at Manchester City , Garang Kuol . We shall see

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

IMG_0873.png

Even better if Lorient and Bournemouth got relegated . Imagine being behind two lower league clubs in the pecking order :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Surely thats not likely to happen though - even Youan and Boyle would struggle at English Championship level.

If his plan is to move the best 2 or 3 players a year from his NZ team or Lorient to Hibs, then a lot depends on how they  settle into Scottish football at Hibs. If they settle quickly and develop well, then Hibs basically benefit.  

The downside for Hibs is that they could get overwhelmed with "project" players from NZ or Lorient, with their manager being told he has to play these new guys for a minimum x games to develop them.

Its starting to look a bit more than coincidence that Hibs new manager just happened to come from the A league.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

TBF, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, probably even Dundee United and Dundee are crying out as potentials to be part of these kinds of corporate groups. Can get any one of us for relative peanuts, big crowds compared to much bigger leagues, potential access to the Europa League with not much in the way if you throw even a few quid at it. Also, one of the main reasons our game is chronically underfunded is because there is no competition and nothing at stake behind the OF. An owner with deep pockets could potentially influence that, raising the attention on the entire league in the process. Seems worth it to these rich ****ers if you ask me. 

ToadKiller Dog

Foley isn't home charitable figure ,he is a businessman, if it doesn't make him some return he will scrap it .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Don't think it has to be sniffed at or mocked just because it is Hibs. For Scottish clubs any investment is a boon as the TV deals keep going ti.ts up...

Having said this I suspect whatever happens will be for Bournmouth's benefit first and foremost, but that doesn't mean it will be detrimental to Hibs...

Investment from a billionaire sounds great and I’m sure the H1B5 fans are lapping it up (publicly) but I wouldn’t want us being the low man on the feeder club totem pole. It might work out ok but there’s real potential for hilarity so I’m interested to see how it works out. 

These football groups aren't really about mass movement of players around the clubs.

City Group for example have Melbourne City in their stable and have been for a number of years, I'm not too sure there have been any Man City or New York City loanees, and none going the other way either.  NYC don't have any Man City loanees, Girona have one as do Lommel SK and Bahia in Brazil, Palermo have none, Troyes none. I dont think the other clubs in the group do either looking at who they are. So a grand total of 3 Man City loanees out to other clubs in the City Group (12 clubs).

FC Lorient have one player on loan from Bournemouth, and I don't expect too many will go on loan to Auckland either, or Hibs.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Regardless, it's still Heart of Midlothian that is always on their minds:

chrome_screenshot_12Dec202322_21_34GMT.thumb.png.352b6fb5092afae9bd851c3cbcf0934f.png

The above is what rarely winning a derby does to you.

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Regardless, it's still Heart of Midlothian that is always on their minds:

chrome_screenshot_12Dec202322_21_34GMT.thumb.png.352b6fb5092afae9bd851c3cbcf0934f.png

The above is what rarely winning a derby does to you.

Reading that it is quite clear where the urgent maintenance is required . The Royal Ed would be my recommendation of where to start 

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )