Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He’s not going to put 10 m or anything near that the only thing this gets them is players from the stable of clubs they are in , but they won’t be world class players they will go to the top club , then the second top club and so on Hibs probably will be bottom of the pile

He’s looking to invest in players to go to the wee team that then can go on to play for Bournemouth.  That sounds like a decent enough proposal to me tbh.  Even if it was players to go to the top league in France it’s much better  calibre of player we have in our squad. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Even if that means potentially being left behind? This Hibs deal might change the dynamic of Scottish football. It also might be a complete flop but id rather we are open to change and investment 

Well it depends on the circumstances obviously, but it would have to be pretty amazing circumstances

13 minutes ago, May98 said:

He’s looking to invest in players to go to the wee team that then can go on to play for Bournemouth.  That sounds like a decent enough proposal to me tbh.  Even if it was players to go to the top league in France it’s much better  calibre of player we have in our squad. 

That's a possibility.

The wee team getting players that don't move around the park like planks of wood with arthritis that we currently have, to many off.

3 hours ago, Papa said:

McKinley believes this kind of investment may be the way forward for us too. He’s going to investigate to ensure we are not left behind - source AGM

It sounds hideous . If we entered in to any kind of arrangement where Hearts were not the top priority , and we were there to progress another club I would be voting against it for sure . I am just delighted we would need 90 % agreement 

37 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Well it depends on the circumstances obviously, but it would have to be pretty amazing circumstances

Exactly . We are extremely lucky in that in order to get us to agree to something as tawdry as the feeder club over the road , they would have to deal with us the supporters and not Ian and Kit Gordon . They would need to satisfy 90 % of us before it would be considered . I take nothing but comfort from that . Had it been 75 % I would be a bit more worried . I could see it being a bit too close for comfort if they just needed to convince 6375 people

Don’t know what our top line is in terms of player salaries, but realistically if we were to increase it from current levels, it would only take X£’s P/week P/player to get us to a reasonable level to at least be best of the rest.

So what would X£ be?, as the market we are in just now is not providing the talent for us to sell on.

1 hour ago, May98 said:

I think it was Charlton who are part of this sort of stable and their fans hate it as it’s done nothing for them

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Once again. Where had the £10m come from? It’s seems like an entirely made up number. 

It is . Its a Kickfact

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is . Its a Kickfact

As I thought, £10m per annum investment is huge, it won’t be anything like that.  

Even if it is £10m their current wage bill is about £5m less than ours 🤷‍♂️. Going £5m above us wouldn’t guarantee anything.

and if it does happen, it’s nothing to fear.  If it’s successful it will help push us on as well. It will open the door to outside investors and we need to be open minded.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

As I thought, £10m per annum investment is huge, it won’t be anything like that.  

Even if it is £10m their current wage bill is about £5m less than ours 🤷‍♂️. Going £5m above us wouldn’t guarantee anything.

and if it does happen, it’s nothing to fear.  If it’s successful it will help push us on as well. It will open the door to outside investors and we need to be open minded.

They met point for me is the Hibs forum thread . If you read it you quickly realise their supporters know no more about any of this than we do . They are simply sticking their fingers in their ears and hoping for the best . Many of them are actually saying those exact words : “ we will just have to hope for the best and wait and see “ . That would terrify me personally . If that was us , this Foley geezer would have to convince 90 % of FOH that this deal was worth losing our independence over . No such requirement at Hibs as he just has to deal with the Gordon kids and it is quite obvious they want shot of the club

We get around five and a half million each season from benefactors and FOH subs . Lets wait and see what Hibs receive , like they are forced to do as well 

Foley has stated on numerous occasions that Bournemouth are the important part of this network . Look at how poorly the second club Lorient are doing . What would he care about that though . Hibs will be third and then potentially fourth in order of importance if he gets his Dutch club 

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They met point for me is the Hibs forum thread . If you read it you quickly realise their supporters know no more about any of this than we do . They are simply sticking their fingers in their ears and hoping for the best . Many of them are actually saying those exact words : “ we will just have to hope for the best and wait and see “ . That would terrify me personally . If that was us , this Foley geezer would have to convince 90 % of FOH that this deal was worth losing our independence over . No such requirement at Hibs as he just has to deal with the Gordon kids and it is quite obvious they want shot of the club

We get around five and a half million each season from benefactors and FOH subs . Lets wait and see what Hibs receive , like they are forced to do as well 

Foley has stated on numerous occasions that Bournemouth are the important part of this network . Look at how poorly the second club Lorient are doing . What would he care about that though . Hibs will be third and then potentially fourth in order of importance if he gets his Dutch club 

yes agree.  I wouldn’t be too keen on being a pyramid club? Unless it was a red bull type deal (without the name change) where every club has seen significant investment and growth.

If there was an individual, with a proven track record who wanted to grow hearts beyond our current limits then I’d definitely be up for that and I hope others would as well.  Fan ownership isn’t really that important to me.  Whatever gives us the best chance of winning

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

yes agree.  I wouldn’t be too keen on being a pyramid club? Unless it was a red bull type deal (without the name change) where every club has grown their own identify.

If there was an individual, with a proven track record who wanted to grow hearts beyond our current limits then I’d definitely be up for that and I hope others would as well.  Fan ownership isn’t really that important to me.  Whatever gives us the best chance of winning

For me fan ownership is all about this very thing . Having a say in the future of the club and protecting it from nefarious scavengers . If someone wants to buy us then they need to impress us have a very good business case to present to us . The thought of sitting there just hoping that it all works out like at Hibs ? No thanks . Hope the “ idiot son “ or “ office junior “ as they called him previously has their long term safety at Heart ………….

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

It sounds hideous . If we entered in to any kind of arrangement where Hearts were not the top priority , and we were there to progress another club I would be voting against it for sure . I am just delighted we would need 90 % agreement 

Agree. Every player we sign should be aspiring to play at a higher level so in a sense we are developing them in the hope that they further their career somewhere else. Unfortunately player trading has not been successful in recent times. Nevertheless we are in control  of saleable assets as long as contracts haven't been run down. With the pyramid arrangement who dictates who and when moves around and for what transfer amounts. Too many imponderables for me. Playing third or fourth fiddle and compromising independence should ring alarm bells.

46 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Sounds more like they’d be Kaunas to Bournemouth’s Hearts. Kaunas we’re used as a cheap way of signing players to us, and also as a punishment for players who didn’t perform well or displeased Vlad. 

Football groups dont in general work like that though.  They will only lose players if good enough for a really good standard and if they have they players then it will be good for their team.    Athough I do agree, sending a player to the wee team would be a punishment. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Agree. Every player we sign should be aspiring to play at a higher level so in a sense we are developing them in the hope that they further their career somewhere else. Unfortunately player trading has not been successful in recent times. Nevertheless we are in control  of saleable assets as long as contracts haven't been run down. With the pyramid arrangement who dictates who and when moves around and for what transfer amounts. Too many imponderables for me. Playing third or fourth fiddle and compromising independence should ring alarm bells.

We are a selling club though. Even if we don’t actually sell anyone for profit over recent times. I’d much rather lose a player within a network we control than to Rangers or Celtic for buttons. 

It’s the way things are unfortunately. 

15 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I think it was Charlton who are part of this sort of stable and their fans hate it as it’s done nothing for them

who are the other teams involved? 

Rudi cant fail

Be interesting to see how this pans out. I’m sure James Anderson said before that he can’t just put unlimited amounts into the club at one time though due to the financial fair play rules, hence why we are trying to maximise our revenue streams such as restaurant/hotel etc. Im sure your expenditure is based on your income.  if this is the case, this guy can’t just give them unlimited amounts of money unless they are fiddling the books. Hibs do seem to do a lot better than us with player sales so they could potentially make even more out of this if players are being registered as Hibs players before being sold to bigger clubs.

I do think this could be good for them, and certainly wouldn’t be against this for us under the right conditions. We are in a bit of a lull at the moment with our board I feel, so hopefully this and the way fans are making their opinions known makes them up their game when it comes to the footballing side of things 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We are a selling club though. Even if we don’t actually sell anyone for profit over recent times. I’d much rather lose a player within a network we control than to Rangers or Celtic for buttons. 

It’s the way things are unfortunately. 

Every club in Scotland is selling club if the price is right. Like you I absolutely detest losing players to that mob. Irrespective we can still enforce players contractual obligations. Not so sure that would happen in a pyramid system. As I said its the lack of control that would concern me.

15 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Charlton are a League 1 club now, sounds like this is not the method to get them climbing back to their Championship (never mind Premier League) days.

Hearts are trying to establish ourselves as best of the rest in Scotland, sounds like it could restrict us also.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Be interesting to see how this pans out. I’m sure James Anderson said before that he can’t just put unlimited amounts into the club at one time though due to the financial fair play rules, hence why we are trying to maximise our revenue streams such as restaurant/hotel etc. Im sure your expenditure is based on your income.  if this is the case, this guy can’t just give them unlimited amounts of money unless they are fiddling the books. Hibs do seem to do a lot better than us with player sales so they could potentially make even more out of this if players are being registered as Hibs players before being sold to bigger clubs.

I do think this could be good for them, and certainly wouldn’t be against this for us under the right conditions. We are in a bit of a lull at the moment with our board I feel, so hopefully this and the way fans are making their opinions known makes them up their game when it comes to the footballing side of things 

Agreed I very much doubt it would be a £10m annnual cash investment.  It may well be the loaning of a few £2m player e.g a James Hill types.  

however, that works both ways.  If they ever stumble onto another John McGinn they will lose him quickly.  he’d be off to France or Bournemouth quickly.  I notice they are trying to add a Dutch club into the stable as well from earlier article.  That would make hibs 4th on the pyramid. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Our wage bill is £15M. St Mirren's is £3.5M. I therefore agree that it doesn't guarantee anything.

26 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

A few of them are deluding themselves that they are on an equal footing with Lorient in the structure . Such a clueless bunch

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

A few of them are deluding themselves that they are on an equal footing with Lorient in the structure . Such a clueless bunch

Probably stems back to when they taught the Brazilians

Byyy The Light
17 hours ago, sac said:

Don’t know what our top line is in terms of player salaries, but realistically if we were to increase it from current levels, it would only take X£’s P/week P/player to get us to a reasonable level to at least be best of the rest.

So what would X£ be?, as the market we are in just now is not providing the talent for us to sell on.

We'd need to pay middle to top end English Championship level wages to create any real difference. £12-15k a week so treble what we pay at the moment.

That's based on the likes of Ginnelly going to Bolton, Nisbet at Millwall etc.  We'd need players significantly better than them and we'd be competing with top end Championship clubs for salaries.

Berra than you
18 hours ago, May98 said:

Whilst this could obviously be a good thing - it's no guarantee to make Hibs better. Players like Emerson Hyndman and James Hill have come up on loan from Bournemouth and been largely run of the mill. Of course there will be exceptions, but for Hibs to really benefit they would be needing players currently starting for Bournemouth, like Christie.

Basically Hibs become one of the let's take a punt on that player teams.If he is any good he goes to Bournemouth.So really it's instead of Hibs spending on shite and hoping it's good it's Foley that will be doing it and if they do turn out good well they are his player so off they trot.

1 hour ago, May98 said:

who are the other teams involved? 

Can’t remember Iread it last week that they are the bottom rung and their fans are up in arms

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed I very much doubt it would be a £10m annnual cash investment.  It may well be the loaning of a few £2m player e.g a James Hill types.  

however, that works both ways.  If they ever stumble onto another John McGinn they will lose him quickly.  he’d be off to France or Bournemouth quickly.  I notice they are trying to add a Dutch club into the stable as well from earlier article.  That would make hibs 4th on the pyramid. 

Hibs will end up with young players trying to make their way in football especially being 4 th I think that Charlton are also in this pyramid stuff and their fans are pissed off with it saying they were misled into the workings of the scene , it looks a bit like trying to get round the FFP rules and could end in tears and snotters 

gorgierulesapply88

Andrew mckinlay is truly full of wind isn't he? He should learn to keep his trap shut unless it's a pressing matter.

I'd put money into the club and pay a direct debit whether or not a billionaire came in and I'm sure 99.99% of hearts fans would love the investment that lot are about to get. 

31 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. They'll still be hibs vermin and forever in our shadow.

Imagine he changed their name and strip 🤣

After all he don't give a **** its just a place to horde players 

6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Andrew mckinlay is truly full of wind isn't he? He should learn to keep his trap shut unless it's a pressing matter.

I'd put money into the club and pay a direct debit whether or not a billionaire came in and I'm sure 99.99% of hearts fans would love the investment that lot are about to get. 

Honestly they get posed a question at these things and they just blether anything to move along to the next question.Whatever they think.sounds like taking the least flack they will say it.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hibs will be Bournemouth's Reserves', Reserves', Reserves.

Sounds barry. 

And presumably they couldn't just sell any promising players to anyone outside the pyramid because that player would just be moved up the chain. No big future transfer fees then.

Of course no need to buy a replacement because maybe there will be someone being promoted from a lower level in their pyramid (if there is one). 

But not to worry there will be loans from above to fill the squad. Again they won't last long if they're any good. Straight back up to the next level.

Total football 'snakes and ladders' with a non fan owning the game and able to flip the board in the air when he's fed up.

Easter Road probably needs a new supermarket though.

Nucky Thompson

Where is all this left behind chat coming from :rofl:

Man United are solely owned by American billionaires and their whole club is turning to shit

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Their wage bill is 5m less than ours? Bollocks. 

17 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Do not think you have much to worry about then because that is almost ten percent over what would be needed to get the deal agreed 

17 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I do put money into Hearts and we do have a billionaire also putting money in too. But things would be diffrent if the billionare was putting money as an invetment in order to make return. 

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

For me fan ownership is all about this very thing . Having a say in the future of the club and protecting it from nefarious scavengers . If someone wants to buy us then they need to impress us have a very good business case to present to us . The thought of sitting there just hoping that it all works out like at Hibs ? No thanks . Hope the “ idiot son “ or “ office junior “ as they called him previously has their long term safety at Heart ………….

I'm all for protecting the club, but tell me, how many multi million pound football deals have you been involved in to make an Informed decision?

Our clubs future will be decided by people who live on a football message board.

What could possibly go wrong... 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

It's also truly inspiring when the team at top of the pyramid are sitting 14th in their own division 🤣

Edited by vegas-voss

This is hilarious.

Bournemouths reserves would beat Hibs comfortably ffs. I'd bet their youth team would give Hibs a decent challenge.

There will be zero players going from Hibs to Bournemouth and vice versa.

The gulf between the standard of players is absolutely massive.

This looks to me like a portfolio filler by a rich old geezer. Just another train carriage to add to his Engine.

The only beneficiary im seeing here is the current owner of verminville, who is probably haemorrhaging his inheritance by the sackful.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's also truly inspiring when the team at top of the pyramid are sitting 14th in their own division 🤣

Tbf, Bournemouth 14th in the PL is not a small achievement. They’re starting to look like a decent side too

6 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I'm all for protecting the club, but tell me, how many multi million pound football deals have you been involved in to make an Informed decision?

Our clubs future will be decided by people who live on a football message board.

What could possibly go wrong... 

I know one of the nominees for the FOH board and he is a very clever man and a trustworthy bloke who I would trust to understand these things and help myself and others do the same . I think it would be along the lines of the FOH board meeting a potential investor and checking out all the details and whether it is a good deal for us . They would then present it to the pledgers for a vote and we take it from there 

Thunder and Lightning
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know one of the nominees for the FOH board and he is a very clever man and a trustworthy bloke who I would trust to understand these things and help myself and others do the same . I think it would be along the lines of the FOH board meeting a potential investor and checking out all the details and whether it is a good deal for us . They would then present it to the pledgers for a vote and we take it from there 

So you're happy to do what you are told? What your mate tells you?

Ok.

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

So you're happy to do what you are told? What your mate tells you?

Ok.

No , where have I said that ? That is not what I am saying at all

I have very clear and strong opinions on the ownership and investment models being discussed . I have stated them clearly 

What I am saying , is I would feel a lot more comfortable considering a potential deal , knowing that there were very smart and professional people on the board of the foundation . People that I know have the clubs best interests at heart and people who know about the legal side of things and who could answer questions around any concerns I may have 

The alternative is the Gordon kids and their non emotional attachments and their desire to get the **** out of Dodge 

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No , where have I said that ? That is not what I am saying at all

I have very clear and strong opinions on the ownership and investment models being discussed . I have stated them clearly 

What I am saying , is I would feel a lot more comfortable considering a potential deal , knowing that there were very smart and professional people on the board of the foundation . People that I know have the clubs best interests at heart and people who know about the legal side of things and who could answer questions around any concerns I may have 

The alternative is the Gordon kids and their non emotional attachments and their desire to get the **** out of Dodge 

I think we both want the best. Hope u have a lovely day my man. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Still don’t think this will do much good for the vermin but to say it again, look at the state of them as it is. They might as well give it a punt

If a club like Bournemouth really think they have a player good enough to play for them they won’t send them to Scotland, let alone ****ing Hibs! They’ll be going on loan to the Championship, just like what happens now. What might happen is they’ll get some shite u23s like Rocky Bushiri that need a place to go. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )